Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 2018 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
i didnt like the axe battle in the OVA, i actually enjoyed this version of Iserlon capture better, good music as well
an then, theres Rubinski... this is it the first new character design in this series that trully bothers me
May 17, 2018 12:44 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, the did such a great job this episode... I am impressed.

Schönkopf did his part and it was nice to see his past as well.

Looks like we'll finally be getting a look at Reinhard forming his new admiralty and then the rebellion.
May 17, 2018 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
Walter von Schönkopf. Yang, Weng-li fucking god duo this episode
May 17, 2018 1:50 PM
Mar 2016
Well then Schonkopf pulled it off.

So, whose side is he on?
May 17, 2018 5:35 PM

Jul 2015
Whoahoho said:

So, whose side is he on?

Non spoiler explanation: He's the leader of a neutral faction as explained in the first episode. The galaxy is divided between The Empire, The Alliance and Fezzan. You could say he's on his own side.

Spoiling Rubinsky character would destroy the enjoyment of the series.

AdrianRubinskyMay 17, 2018 5:38 PM
May 18, 2018 1:25 AM

Aug 2015
I liked the Lex Luthor turtleneck Rubinsky lol oh well

I sure someone else has already said this, but I noticed Greenhill has got Saber hair now
May 18, 2018 1:29 AM
Apr 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:
Whoahoho said:

So, whose side is he on?

Non spoiler explanation: He's the leader of a neutral faction as explained in the first episode. The galaxy is divided between The Empire, The Alliance and Fezzan. You could say he's on his own side.

Spoiling Rubinsky character would destroy the enjoyment of the series.

I mean, it is obvious Russians are there just to mess everything up. He is going to do a double betrayal and ultimately help Reinhard and Wang's faction. And fulfilled, join retirement. This is how his kind of characters end. Rustal Elion of the Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, I am telling you.
Those sweet eyes are telling you "Watch ya back darlin'"
Re:formed
May 18, 2018 2:49 AM

Jun 2010
Good episode but what happened to the axe battle that was in the OVA? lol
May 18, 2018 7:12 AM
Apr 2016
Axe battle would have not been in resonance with the whole "less deaths victory" narrative.
May 18, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Axe battle would have not been in resonance with the whole "less deaths victory" narrative.

Yes, the novel is pretty insistent on the point that not a single person was killed during the capture of Iserlohn. In order to fill time (there’s only 11 pages of novel content here) and provide a cool action scene the OVA introduced the axes early.

Have been working on the ep 7 comparison, aside from that point what surprised me the most is that in the novel Yang doesn’t ask Von Seekt to surrender or even change the direction of fire. He just starts firing at the imperial fleet and only after a few shots makes the offer to Von Seekt. Shows you some of the differences between the original and anime versions of his character.
May 18, 2018 1:49 PM
Apr 2016
Yorkshire_Megan said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Yes, the novel is pretty insistent on the point that not a single person was killed during the capture of Iserlohn. In order to fill time (there’s only 11 pages of novel content here) and provide a cool action scene the OVA introduced the axes early.

Have been working on the ep 7 comparison, aside from that point what surprised me the most is that in the novel Yang doesn’t ask Von Seekt to surrender or even change the direction of fire. He just starts firing at the imperial fleet and only after a few shots makes the offer to Von Seekt. Shows you some of the differences between the original and anime versions of his character.

Having not seen the "original", the way Yang handles the Thor cannon is quite bewildering either way. I mean, we can assume they all knew the retard commander would not surrender, as he was a brainwashed nazi, but why start firing at others?? Quite a strange moment. I hope they will scratch the surface of it with Schonkopf, at least.
May 18, 2018 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
So glorious. Yang is the best character so far and I'm loving every moment. This remake makes this show easy to watch, finally the visuals match the technology.
May 19, 2018 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was fantastic with the infiltration and Yang li's ingenious tactics.
I'm #TeamReinhard since day 1 (episode 1 that is lol) tho. Haven't watched the older version of this anime series yet. But I definitely plan to watch it afterwards.
May 19, 2018 1:11 PM
Apr 2016
L-ro said:
This episode was fantastic with the infiltration and Yang li's ingenious tactics.
I'm #TeamReinhard since day 1 (episode 1 that is lol) tho. Haven't watched the older version of this anime series yet. But I definitely plan to watch it afterwards.

It is obvious though that in the end Reinhard camp and Weng Li camp have the same goal - it is only a matter of how much pressure they will get from the third side and the nazies from homelands.
May 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
I'm not really sold on Rubinsky's new design....
May 19, 2018 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
Iserlohn fortress looks really nice. Them waves around the main cannon... ooh pretty!

Aug 9, 2018 8:39 PM

May 2012
Fantastic wrap up of this battle I must say, the overall flow of this series sure is quite impressive and while they are missing some details the way they're managing to put it in this format is quite impressive.
Oct 7, 2018 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode!
Glad that Yang and the rebel guy managed to capture the fortress.

I hope he won't retire, i want to see more of his amazing strategies.
For me, the perfect ending would be if he managed to make a peace treaty.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 15, 2019 7:30 AM
Mar 2014
My problem is why there are two leaders in Iserlohn, equal in power?
such a military failure
Nov 19, 2019 4:03 PM

Aug 2018
Amazing Episode......
Dec 29, 2020 6:28 AM

Jan 2009
lol that Oberstein can always smell the trap he is a genius too eh

heart of a warrior is really problematic indeed that keeps war from continuing

now Yang can retire? but will the military let him retire though
Jun 15, 2021 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, Walter, I love you. I miss your old design, but I still love you.
Seeing his flashbacks was nice!

And lmao at Rubinsky's redesign
So Castrop's next... I'm ready to go back to the Empire!
Dec 25, 2021 9:47 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was definitely really good, they cutted out the filers, having Schenkopp's backstory and did everything in a satisfying way.
Feb 10, 2022 2:24 AM
Oct 2018
Awesome episode!! So glad to see Yang's plan come to fruition and worked perfectly. I really enjoyed seeing the two generals at Iserlohn bickering and not being able to work together. Very realistic. Showed off the incompetence of the empires commanders and how pride can play such an important part in ones downfall.
Schönkopf was an incredible character too, really hope to see more of the Rosen Ritter. I love seeing the smaller groups that make up these 2 great empires given more time.
I really don't see Yang getting to retire lol, especially not after taking Iserlohn so easily
May 5, 2023 10:03 AM
Apr 2023
I liked how the guy who looked incredibly similar to Tom Cruise, was the one leading the infiltration team.

Was like a mini Mission Impossible in space.
May 25, 2023 4:05 AM

Jul 2021
This plan entirely relied on the enemy army being stupid.
"Miracle" Yang, more like Plot Convenience Yang.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 30, 2023 1:48 AM

Aug 2019
How the hell did these people manage to become Admirals. They literally cannot do their job.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.