Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 12, 2015 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
they just need to fill in what happens between the before and after segments of the episodes and i'll prob enjoy it better... hopefully that's what they're working up to
wow gay
Oct 12, 2015 1:09 AM

Jan 2015
hlubkoj2020 said:
I don't get this show at all.
Last episode, they are chasing after MC and now they are together as friend?
So confusing...Drop 3/10

shit taste confirm,the fact that you like stuff like rakudai,asterisk in episode discussion prove you only like generic ecchi harem garbage
Rance X is A GOAT.
Oct 12, 2015 2:34 AM

May 2012
It is horrible. I'm thinking of dropping this because there are much better anime in this season, and this anime feels like an anime made for young children. When I saw the PV, I thought that it will be something like kill la kill or one punch man, but I was wrong.

barthos said:

shit taste confirm,the fact that you like stuff like rakudai,asterisk in episode discussion prove you only like generic ecchi harem garbage

Rakudai and Asterisk are much better than this crap. Even if you ignore the echii part, the action and story alone much better. And echii parts makes it even more entertaining
thepathOct 12, 2015 2:38 AM
Oct 12, 2015 3:04 AM

Jul 2007
thepath said:
I thought that it will be something like one punch man, but I was wrong.

Oh I am so happy this was not the case. One kitschy worthless memeshow per season is enough
Oct 12, 2015 4:41 AM

Nov 2007
I wasn't all to impressed by ep 1 which I thought was awkward because I love every Bones anime, but ep 2 proves once again that Bones is my favorite animationstudio. What a superb episode, and storytelling, I'm very curious what happened to Jiro and the way they tell the story makes it more and more interesting!
Oct 12, 2015 4:47 AM

Jun 2013
I feel as if the time jumps were hastily put together, there was no transition in between them, it's just BAM but I get everything that's happening so far.

Fuurouta (or whatever the fuck his name is) is one of my new faves.
臭い-
Oct 12, 2015 5:58 AM
Feb 2015
TawnyWings said:
I need some help understanding this I'm litterally begging.
Just please help!

How can you tell a flashback or a fast forward scene?

Anywho, I am really liking this series so far!

Just keep your eye on the Scarf. Jiro in the future has RED scarf around his neck whereas Jiro of the present timeline doesn't have.
animexfavouritesOct 12, 2015 6:04 AM
Oct 12, 2015 6:59 AM

Aug 2014
I don't know how to feel about this show. It seems like a good show that I just don't get it. It's weard.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 12, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
thepath said:
It is horrible. I'm thinking of dropping this because there are much better anime in this season, and this anime feels like an anime made for young children. When I saw the PV, I thought that it will be something like kill la kill or one punch man, but I was wrong.

barthos said:

Rakudai and Asterisk are much better than this crap. Even if you ignore the echii part, the action and story alone much better. And echii parts makes it even more entertaining

WTF.LOL.YOUR STUPIDITY JUST KILLED ME.Based on your profile comments,your taste is quite shit and most people in the comment section feel that
Rance X is A GOAT.
Oct 12, 2015 7:19 AM

Oct 2014
4/5
The story is progressing nicely. The fact that Jiro is the only human and how he got there is what caught my interest.

DELISH/5 for Campe's armpits
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Oct 12, 2015 9:19 AM
Aug 2011
For some reason this show makes me feel tired despite how vivid it looks and how lively it makes itself seem.
Or maybe that's exactly why it makes me feel like this...

thepath said:
this anime feels like an anime made for young children.

I resent that. ._.
Some young children's anime out there are way, WAY better than this.

Arturio said:
Well for me i still can't take it seriously, i am juste to serious for watching it

Same here since I am also the epitome of seriousness.
standOct 12, 2015 9:27 AM
Oct 12, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Very good episode

I never expected to be this good
Oct 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

Concrete Revolutio, Durarara and Kekkai Sensen threads have completely killed my faith in human intelligence and future of humanity.

My mind can't understand how this can be "confusing".
For once I agree with you in regards to the latter lol

DAT. This is so true. I don't want to be mean, but how can a person function in real world without the basic ability to comprehend things? Geez, it's just the time skip, and suddenly lots of people are confused to death. I know that watching is simpler than reading, but it still requires the ability to understand what you watch. I don't know. Maybe people just fast forward episodes?

In addition to the mentioned shows, I actually remember similar problems in K project discussions, where people where saying that "this, this and this thing" weren't explained, where in fact there were shown clearly. I'm pretty sure there are loads of different anime with people complaining about beeing confused with simple things.

And for everyone confused:
How to recognise time skip - a short guide.
1. A big date appears which indicates what year is given scene set in (if you missed that).
2. Characters are dressed differently.
3. In the past everyone likes the pink-haired guy in the future noone likrs the pink-haired guy.

Hope that helps.

As for other things, I actually have the feeling that this is one of these shows, which ore colourful and comedic at first, but turn out to be serious at the end. I actually I am really intersted what happened that MC decided to leave the Supernatural Bureau.
Oct 12, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
I am still not a fan of how they cut back and forth between time periods. Its not hard to follow, but I still think it breaks some narrative flow in my opinion and is really irritating.

That said, I found this episode to be a big improvement over the last episode. They did not cut back and forth as much and I liked how they used it to highlight the weight of Fuurota's hasty decision during that black fog incident. It really showed how the world they live in is not as black and white as he thinks. When Fuurota realized what he did to his friend Campe and her race and showed some grief, I felt for the kid.

Still not totally convinced yet but this episode was definitely an improvement over the last in my eyes.
Oct 12, 2015 3:34 PM

Nov 2008
I just picked the show up and I'm actually enjoying it a lot. The graphics are nice and I like the main cast. I think it's doing the melting pot thing relatively well. Not quite Ryohgo Narita, but good enough.
I'm not sure I like the cuts much, but they could grow on me. This episode made pretty good use of them. I don't like pointlessly convoluted stories (except when I do), but for now it seems there's at least a clear theme of lines getting blurred over time so I have some hope they know what they're doing.
Oct 12, 2015 4:08 PM

Sep 2012
Liking how this anime is developing. Also like the idea of a ghost that never ages. I do not like the idea of his character though. Fuurouta's character is one of the types I hate the most. Him being a brat doesn't help too. /Ihatekids.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 12, 2015 5:52 PM

Nov 2013
poor furouta.:/
Oct 12, 2015 6:12 PM

Apr 2011
I'm actually enjoying this show a lot, I can't understand why the score is so low. The second episode was even better than the first.
Oct 12, 2015 8:29 PM

Nov 2014
I get all this concept about showing the future and past issues intercalated, but, the transitions i must admit are just jarring, i thought they were going to fix it in the other episodes but i doesn't looks like now (though im gonna let pass other 2 episodes so).

Anyway, the episode was very interesting and we get to know a little more (indirectly) about the future hapenings (in the past story, maybe the so called revolution).3/5
Oct 12, 2015 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
I have to admit, my first impression was not the best but then I watched the making of. After watching this I got a little bit hyped and now I like it way better.
Oct 12, 2015 9:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I enjoy this show, the tone, the aesthetic, and the world itself is all pretty fun. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on with the back and forth to the present and the future. I kind of get what they're going for, but it's still confusing. It's like they're trying to go all quentin tarantino on this.
Oct 13, 2015 12:22 AM

Dec 2010
...rated Teen but still a well made anime, enjoying this so far worth watch
Oct 13, 2015 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
How can something like this even be considered confusing is beyond me. Like, what the heck did you guys eat when you were younger to make you this stupid?

We're not even talking about Inception or Interstellar level of mind fuck here. Just a simple back and forth between past and future.

thepath said:

barthos said:

I never really believed about the existence of "shit taste" until I read your statement. I mean really? REALLY?

Copycats of a gazillion ecchi magical academy anime that we unnecessarily got too many every fucking season are better than this??? Granted this is not exactly a masterpiece but those kinds of shitty LN adaptions with the same cliche story and same character archetypes is arguably the lowest form of anime in this era. Worse than any near hentai anime like Bikini Warriors or Valkyrie Drive IMO.
Oct 13, 2015 2:09 AM
Jul 2014
I actually found the past/present cuts to be quite amusing. Very curious about the events that led to the present and the future after the present.
Oct 13, 2015 7:27 AM

Jun 2013
me love some nonlinear storytelling
Oct 13, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
Looking good. Not many good shows this season so will keep watching.
Oct 13, 2015 3:41 PM

Jul 2009
Aww that was sad. The bug people didn't deserve that. I like Fuurouta, i think he's my favourite :)
Oct 13, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
Why does this anime constantly jump back and forth in time? it makes it hard to follow.
But it also makes me curious which is why I wanna continue watching it!
Oct 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
I'm really enjoying this actually. So much I want to know, I hope the ending is spectacular! I wonder why Jiro left and how he got his arm like that?

Is Jiro really dating that other girl? :( She is cute too but team Kikko for sure!

This is great. Keep it coming~
Oct 13, 2015 9:30 PM

Dec 2014
Still remains one of the best this season.

Wonder what the detective will bring to the table.
Oct 13, 2015 11:03 PM

Aug 2015
Summary of episode 2:
Think before you act.

Overall I enjoyed the episode. Still wondering why Jiro leaves the agency but still acting all friendly to his former teammates when in the 1st ep he was like being chased or something.
Oct 14, 2015 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
Never a dull moment. I can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 14, 2015 5:09 AM

Nov 2009
New character introduced this episode, I like that the timelime is jumping since its been a while since I have seen a show that does that and so far it has been easy to follow.
Oct 14, 2015 5:33 AM

Jul 2011
so, how much time has passed from ep 1 to 2? there didn't seem to be a cut but the mc seemed to know so much about jiro when she just joined the group...
Oct 14, 2015 5:36 AM

Jul 2011
DixNeuf said:
Good episode. I liked Fuurouta's character and like it was said before, it makes me even more curious to know the reason why Jirou left the Bureau.

Also, I am the only one or the art style strongly reminds of Mawaru Penguindrum?

it reminded me more of a mix between ttgl(moonsters), cyborg 009(jirou) and kuuchu buranko(artstyle without considering rotoscopy+fuurouta)
Oct 14, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
Time skip is much smoother than the first episode. I still don't like the art and use of too many colors. It would've been much better with different art style.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Oct 14, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2009
Much better than the first episode.

And while the transitions still aren't handled well, they were at least better than the haphazard first episode. But you guys can continue to be condescending if you want.
Oct 14, 2015 8:13 PM

Oct 2011
Fuurota lost a friend T__T
Oct 14, 2015 8:41 PM

Nov 2012
What the hell is this anime doing so low, in the 6 ratings? Anyways I liked the episode, but I sort of can't forgive the main character. He basically decided to use some naive kid who thought he was being heroic, and had no intention of teaching him the truth, he took advantage of the ghost's innocence.
Jaywalker.
Oct 15, 2015 2:45 AM

Apr 2014
I cant decide if I like this show or not.
Its certainly intrigue in a few ways so I want to keep watching.
The rest though I find extremely odd and hard to watch at times...
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Oct 17, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2009
i'm not feeling this show... it's weird but not the artistic kind of weird, more the trashy kind of weird. idk i'll keep watching because i have some hope this will get better but i'm not so sure.
the episode was just random. i liked the ghost and the insect girl but it wasn't enought
i also don't like that the characters have different character designs, it feels disconnected when you see MC next to the majokko girl, they have too different art styles
Oct 17, 2015 4:56 AM

Sep 2013
Such a fun show to watch. Also i don't think the alternate timelines are confusing at all since they do a good job of indicating wich is wich
Oct 17, 2015 5:24 PM

Jul 2009
All this go to past go to future thing it's kinda annoying, anyway...dropped.
Oct 17, 2015 7:02 PM
Mar 2012
This ep timeline is very clearly presented compared to ep1 mess. Years 41, 46, & 48 with the bug queen added, how Fuurouta progressed in this short time made him quite likeable and could empathize with him already with his forever-boy not understanding the hero complexity. Shinka 48 scene was very interesting, all 3 of them are currently enemies, but with past ties of both friendship & justice.
Just love the cartoon style obake transformations.
Jiro could be the only male mc this season I'm curious to learn his mystery backstory.
Oct 18, 2015 3:40 PM

May 2015
Pretty good episode. Definitely better than the first episode.

Oct 19, 2015 1:51 AM

Mar 2013
It was better than the last ep. Liked it.
Oct 20, 2015 4:21 AM

Oct 2012
So far, this show is really bad. Like, really really bad. The narrative is a mess. The juxtaposition between the past and the present lacks proper cues and serves no greater purpose. In fact, it derails any and all impact that an episode could have. Not that this episode could've had it tho. This kid was just introduced so it's ridiculous to even ask the audience to care about his struggle without establishing an emotional core with him. Seriously, this show does waaaaaaaaay too many amateur mistakes to even take seriously.

Also, how am I supposed to feel the gravity of genocide when everything in this show looks like it came from a candy store? This show needs to understand its own limitations. Ugh.
Oct 21, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Holy crap this show is good. I admit I thought Fuurouta already joined their team before Kikko, but I guess I was wrong XD I quite like his character, and great development with what happened with Campe. I guess being a child forever does have its downsides, huh? More skips to the future where he and Jirou "fight" against Campe because he killed all her bugmen with the virus. I can't believe they just let him do that lol O_O The "black fog" stuff I guess was the cause of that. Dang, some pretty rough stuff happening D:
Really liked the Kikko and Fuurouta interaction this episode. His crush is so cute! Seems like she knows Emi and Jirou are dating and isn't happy about that ... hmm, I wonder if that will come into play too? We'll get introduced to another character next episode - a detective named Raito? Sounds familiar ;P I'm looking forward to it!
Oct 22, 2015 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
this episode was a lot better than the first, but i'm still not really feeling this series. at least it looks nice though, i guess.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.