Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 2, 2023 6:49 PM
Jul 2021
Baby Jesus on a ffuking cracker! The propaganda this show expels is trully off the charts! It's not even funny anymore, is so blatant that it can actually take you out of it. The amount of garbage this anime spews is horrendous all in the name of "inclusion and don't hurt my fee-fees" & made for "modern audiences"

And some ppl in here are defending this POS and actually saying stuff like "anime of the season" "best one of the season" 🤣🤣 we truly live in a 🤡 world full of morons.
DawizzSep 2, 2023 6:58 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 7, 2023 3:21 AM
Jul 2023
the battle scene was not that good but ok
Sep 19, 2023 12:45 PM

Oct 2018
Wow, a really nice looking set piece for the fight although I am having a lot of problems with the characters.
Sep 19, 2023 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
I felt nothing when the Garuda and rest of Kobold slaughter those punks. Glad they got their comeuppance.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 20, 2023 7:36 AM
Dec 2022
I have my biases against JC Staff, but I’ll admit they handled the Garuda fight pretty well. If they can maintain that for the other big fights I’ll be happy.
Sep 20, 2023 9:29 AM
Nov 2016
wow. that was a great fight. nanao and oliver's team work was amazing. just wondering who was that hooded person.
My Candies:
Sep 21, 2023 5:52 AM
Nov 2018
The animation for this episode was particularly good compared to the other episodes, liked the fight very much
Sep 24, 2023 7:46 AM
Isekai

Oct 2017
Mr. Andrews learned his lesson but I doubt those others did.
Sep 24, 2023 1:19 PM
May 2022
Poor Garuda. It was a lot more likeable than most of those absolute garbage spectators.
Sep 27, 2023 12:09 PM

Dec 2017
I wonder who thought it'd be a good idea to go ahead with the animation without going through the art designs or character interactions and scripts properly. The producers saw the potential but refused to do more than the bare minimum.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 4, 2023 4:11 AM
Jun 2012
I witnessed an anime girl drink Tabasco sauce.
With the label design and everything.

"Juice" indeed.
Oct 9, 2023 5:08 AM
May 2021
Wow!!! That fight with Garuda was so dam amazing sheesh. The camera movements, Animation and Action choreography everything fantastic. Best episode so far!
Oct 11, 2023 12:28 PM

Dec 2007
Reply to matias067
why does this episode feels like it has been directed by a different director!?!?...it feels AWESOME!!!
5/5!
@matias067 That really is how it felt, The gap in enjoyment between this and last Episode is monumental. Guess i'll watch more
Oct 14, 2023 9:57 AM
Apr 2013
EP 4

Otherwise that was the entire ep. have to see the fallout. obviously uh.
Also we get an actual post ed scene this time, though it doesnt really tell us much, too dark to see.
Presumably its the same person who did the troll attack back in ep 1, but we still dont really have much of an idea as to who or why
Oct 15, 2023 9:37 PM
Aug 2021
A truly epic battle clash in the colosseum nice yugioh reference.
Oct 25, 2023 7:09 PM

Feb 2009
Andrews getting off with no repercussion is cringe af

Katie is also a clown. It's one thing to be against torturing beasts for fun. But defending a troll that was going berserk after her life is another thing.
Nov 30, 2023 7:17 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to EinTheVariance
Andrews getting off with no repercussion is cringe af

Katie is also a clown. It's one thing to be against torturing beasts for fun. But defending a troll that was going berserk after her life is another thing.
@EinTheVariance the troll was also provoked possibly even effected with magic, that is obvious
Nov 30, 2023 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
when that giant chicken went out in attack spree i was laughing cause you reap what you sow, not so fun if tables turn and the beasts u used for entertainment turn on u and make u in to entertainment, they don't deserve death but they do deserve the terror and cuts they got from that chicken
Nov 30, 2023 9:34 AM

Feb 2009
if a rabid dog starts attacking humans, you put it down, regardless of why or how it went rabid
Jan 22, 3:56 AM

Mar 2015
Mista Andrews came in clutch. Also why didn't Oliver heal Nanao like he healed himself
Feb 2, 1:18 PM

Jun 2011
I am tired of every piece of trash (Andrews) getting their redemption. Why can't we just have trash being trash and getting their karma?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 4, 11:13 AM

Jun 2022
Was Somewhat Amusing!
Mar 19, 12:20 PM

Jul 2008
Look at all the Malfoys that got slashed to bits, you love to see it.

AND I KNEW VERA WAS BAD NEWS!!!!
Mar 31, 1:11 AM
Aug 2023
It's probably just me, but this show somehow backfired and made me side with the antagonists because they didn't make the main characters likeable enough. Like I know the antagonists are being comically one-dimensionally mean, but with the show doing such a miserable job making the main characters sympathetic, I was actually finding myself laughing along with the bullies mocking Katie. Then Oliver gives the bullies the moral high ground, he uses physical violence against words. Like wasn't there something said about a strict rule of students not allowed to fight each other outside of a duel? And all they got was detention? What makes Oliver's attack even more unsympathetic than using physical violence against words is Oliver essentially sucker punched the guy, or more accurately shot him in the back when he wasn't looking. Like seriously, this show expects me to like the main characters when they do stuff like that?

Then during the duel, okay it was bad the bystander students (not the bully students) were making the Kobolds who didn't want to fight to fight to the death, sure...but then the Garuda shows up with his message of "how do you like it now" and starts slaughtering everybody with the Kobolds...am I supposed to side with the monsters after that? Like seriously? The Garuda and Kobolds just validated all the anti-monster sentiments as being correct. Don't think so? Even bleeding heart Katie couldn't bring herself to be pro-monster while killing Kobolds all around her. Oh, I guess she can't say she's so sure monsters won't kill somebody, and take responsibility for it's actions now like what she said about the troll.

And what makes matters even worse for what the show was supposed to be trying to do, they made Richards seem like a better character than the main characters with his "redemption". Like I know they went hard on making him looks like a pathetic coward, but they actually gave him better character growth than the main characters so far. He was a coward, but he worked through his cowardice to become a little bit better of a person. It wasn't much, but when the main characters themselves have so less, it actually made me like him better than main characters. Yeah, maybe I'm just weird for it to play out that way for me, but what I'm seeing from the commenters who actually like the main characters is they hate this redemption of Richard, so even if you like the main characters like how the show is supposed to make you feel, the show still screwed up.

What a hilarious train-wreck. The production values of the animation is still good though, and I got to admit when Nanao decapitated the Garuda, it was pretty bad ass. Somebody should go ask Katie if she would agree, LOL. I'm sure she's going to hypocritically go back to her pro-monster ways with that troll like nothing happened. I get that troll seemed to be manipulated into a rampage, but as far as anybody else knows it rampaged by itself, so the anti-monster sentiment against it is correct given what is known, and Katie's position of just siding with it for no good reason is incorrect.
Apr 8, 5:42 AM
Oct 2019
during the fight in the Colosseum, the camera placement was very good and as usual the magic effect really amazed me! I want to cry every time I see it
Apr 26, 11:12 AM

Dec 2022
Some interesting developments here with Andrews, who's being tormented by the weighty expectations of his family name. Fortunately, he still opted to help out fighting the "Garuda" in the end. The fight itself was choreographed well too.

That said, much like the troll that was put into the parade earlier, I'm not sure how or why this Garuda was present in the monster pens. Surely it wouldn't be an easy feat to imprison a "divine beast familiar" like that.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.