Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 3, 2019 11:51 PM

May 2017
Those kato eyes on video room lool
Loved all those kato part , but best one would be that comment about her being so boring that it got to be on title xb like she's so boring you have to explain it a whole VN game !

Great job from seiyuu , kato switched btw so many emotions , but seiyuu chan was able to do everything great
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 15, 2019 5:21 AM

Aug 2018
This probably my fav episode in the whole series because this ep is all about katou and tomo and we see different personalities of Katou.Probably she's so happy after they make it up. Its cute and funny to think that they acting like a married couple the husband make mistakes the wife get angry, he apologize then wifey makes food for dinner xD

They even sleep in the same room and this is part where their relationship as 'friends' goes deeper. They got more closer and open to each other.

Great episode i will definetly rewatching this ep many times
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 1, 2020 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
It might be because this episode was Kato centric but is she slowly showing more emotions?
Feb 16, 2020 7:54 PM

Feb 2019
Okay, hands down, best episode of the entire series (at least so far, I can't say for episodes that haven't come out yet).

The emotional moments were so beautiful. Initially I was kind of frustrated that Aki still didn't say sorry but just kept rambling on about his new idea, until finally he said sorry. And then Kato started crying... that's the most emotional I've ever seen her and that completely caught me off guard.

I was starting to waver because of Utaha-senpai, but this episode has solidified and made sure that Kato is definitely best girl. We literally got everything here... cute, tsundere, angry, sad, cooking, deadpan, (naked)... a whole range of Katos we haven't seen before. I have never seen any girl in anime this much of a real wife material. But Kato and Tomoya can really look like husband and wife, especially when she was cooking and eating afterwards, they really looked like a married couple. Aki seems very conscious when it comes to Kato, even when she's just doing normal things like suddenly asking him how the curry tastes. He doesn't respond this way to Eriri and Utaha-senpai except if it's lewd (especially Utaha-senpai).

A lot of moments I can't forget from this episode. Kato cooking (so cute and wholesome). Kato getting mad at Aki all over again (seriously that was such a cute outburst). Kato not being pleased with the title of the project. Kato splashing the water in the bath over the phone. Kato saying "watashi mo shiranai" while flapping her legs on the bed.

I did not know Kato was capable of such cuteness.

The only problem with this episode was that it was just too short... we need more Kato!
May 17, 2020 12:47 AM
Apr 2020
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SUMMARIZE WHAT HAPPENED, AFTER WATCHING IT STRAIGHT FROM SEASON 1 TO THIS MAKES MY MIND NOT ABLE TO INTERPRET ALL OF THE WORDS, BUT I KNOW ITS SOMETHING GOOD. PLEASE SUMMARIZE FROM THE STUDIO TILL THEY SAY GOODNIGHT TO EACH OTHER.
Sep 24, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2019
Well the clear best girl has officially shown some emotions towards Aki.
Oct 14, 2020 8:25 AM

Aug 2017
Katou showed a roller coaster of expressions in this episode!!!!
She's so beautiful!!

Also Aki and Katou patched things up.

I was initially rooting for the Aki x Utaha ship but this episode made me realize that Aki x Katou are a better fit for each other.

What a lovely episode!!

Oct 31, 2020 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
I've been Eiriri fan originally, but Katou has been overtaking her for me slowly. After this ep she left everyone far back. I like how she was introduced as "boring" but is actually the most complex character. All the emotions she has shown in this episode made it even more apparent. What's interesting is that, she also seems like the most stable and trustworthy character.
...and her going full wife mode at his house again was great lol.
Jan 16, 2021 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
Really good episode, although Megumi still for me was not perfect in handling this situation and Tomoya doesn't deserve 100% of the blame to the degree where he had to say Sorry like a 1000 times like that lol. Still, good to see them back on the same page and good terms after 2 months of Megumi ignoring his messages and calls with no replies. They gave off a pretty husband-wife image this episode from the way they walked home together, to cooking and eating at the table together with Megumi cleaning his cheek with the grain on rice there, to talking on the whole while she's bathing and then just having a sleepover together. For all the ignoring and tension there between the two for months, it was interesting seeing the same day everything slowly clear up bit by bit, they just hang out at night together alone in a sleepover. Regardless, while I feel like the build to this point was definitely flawed and Megumi's reactions were a bit too over the top for me since she clearly had to grasp the situation at hand where he was in panic mode, at least they made up and they did in really good style. The episode felt like a breeze to watch and for once, paced really nicely too.
Jan 24, 2021 8:28 AM
Aug 2017
remechan said:
Xenobreaker said:

Thanks for your reply. I see what you are saying and I agree that those are very important scenes in this series.

In all honesty, I have a preference for Megumi but my preference for her was established back when I read the initial light novels before the creation of the anime. Back then, Megumi wasn't very popular, Eriri and Utaha were seriously way more popular. I don't know why she suddenly became popular in the anime though (probably a combination of the format and the performance of the seiyuu). I preferred her then because she seemed to be the only one of the three, at least for me, to give effort into making the game without some kind of ulterior motive. She was literally dragged into the otaku world with Tomoya guilt-tripping her into joining a circle that has yet to even be created with some tactless ludicrous reasoning. While she was the normal girl who had to learn about literally everything from scratch, Eriri was already a great artist and Utaha was already an established writer. There was nothing for her to gain and yet, she seemed to be the one giving genuine effort to create the game with Tomoya rather than for Tomoya.

Of course, this is just my impression of Megumi. Some will agree with me, some will disagree, but at least one person will have a rage-induced heart attack reading my opinion lol.

I guess, what it boils down to, is that "best girl" is a subjective thing and people shouldn't put down other characters especially in a genre like this. I don't know why others prefer Megumi especially those who've only seen the anime but this is my reason. To each his/her own but people should at least give a substantial justification.

By the way, do you have a preference amongst the girls?

Megumi feels like the voice of reason is why. Eriri and Utaha try to hit on the MC too hard. Maybe most people didn't really like it. Megumi felt like a goddess in a way. She didn't interfere directly. She was always watching from the back, made snarky remarks and only jumped in for the finisher. There's also the pretty obvious part that Megumi would be the chosen one anyway so that mindset sort of got into people's minds. Eriri and Utaha both had their chances so to speak - years back, so it's a lost clause. The 2 are both bitches in their own way as well - not just because they're fighting for attention but all the crap they pull. Megumi is your breath of fresh air. She's also had the most character growth throughout the series - from being a nobody to someone having a lot more character. Eriri and Utaha retained most of their stereotypes.

As for the anime - it's clearly Megumi focused. A lot of Eriri and Utaha's scenes were cut out altogether.

p.s. I prefer Eriri though.

I was quite confused on what actually Megumi trying to say to Tomoya when she is scolding him after Tomoya said something very clever for the first time. So I keep looking the previous episode to find out what she actually mean by "Why dont you use this logic on me on WInter Komiket".

Now I kind of get it what Tomoya should actually do on that accident but instead being quite distant with her in some sense. I am very agree with that Megumi actually did the best among the others.

Well finally see some serious discussion which make me very happy and yes I come from 2021 and commenting on 2017 post. Happy New Year!
Jan 31, 2021 9:30 AM

May 2019
Really nice to see Megumi changing emotions quite amusing to watch. Dedicated episode brimmed with cute moments. Heading for better direction.

Jun 26, 2021 3:51 PM

Dec 2020
I thought the series would get serious after the mad Megumi event. I though "comedy is over, I guess no more fan service".

Then Megumi got into the bath.

I'm a bit mad though. I feel respect for Megumi. Seeing her like that made me sad.
Forum avatar: Lu, from Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
Jul 19, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
Fantastic to see the usually emotionless Kato showing actual heartfelt emotions there. I couldn't stop smiling seeing Kato and Tomoya being close again (almost appearing like a married couple).

Aug 5, 2021 11:39 PM

Jun 2020
That was a bit aggressive coming from Tomoya and damn that was the first time I see Megumi so uncomfortable

Wait her emotions are really blooming this episode and I love it, Some emotional development between them that's so refreshing to see, I can't believe she's really showing lively emotions in this episode the development sure is present

They look like a married couple from that kitchen scene, Megumi's just cute even when she's arguing with Tomoya, At this point they're really up for a challenge without Utaha and Eriri.
Dec 29, 2021 3:08 AM

Nov 2010
Utaha will be able to move on easily since she's gonna go to university etc. I feel bad for Eriri. It won't matter how much effort she puts in. She lost to Megumi by default. Unless Tomoya is still going for the harem route. lol
Feb 1, 2022 7:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It is taking me so long to finish this season, and really, I always found Katou the least enjoyable of the 3 main girls, MAN, FUCK ME, WHAT A SHIFT!!
The drama from previous episodes paid soo much, what an episode, Katou is really maturing a lot, and what bothered her the most is that the Aki has such an understanding how an heroine on a VN can start, bland and uncaring, but slowly with time developing feelings for the MC, and then this IDIOT cant figure how the subtle hints she has been giving him?!

After this episode, he should honestly, because how angry she was, how she reacted, and YET how she still gone along with him, supporting him again, getting so close and cute...I feel very unfair for the other two, but with one episode Katou just stole the lead, probably forever.

I really dont dig AKi that much as a character, but Katou just made this episode to be 10/10 to me, see, bland heroines have a very powerfull weapon, in specific circuntances their constract between bland to then starting to develop and be honest about their feelings, like Katou did here, it is bound to deliver very powerfull CRITICAL HITS.

Soo foolish I was, never understanding why the praise for Katou, thinking the other 2 deserved so much more... the way how Katou sneakly came to be best thing is nothing short of amazing.

IN SHORT, KATOU 4 LIFE!!! BEST GIRL!
FIGHT ME!

WeAreTheSame said:
Ok I used to not route for kato, but this episode made it seem like they were married. Looking back on their entire relationship together, it seems like the most real, peefectly imperfect love in the entire show. The other two are just clingly anime cliche's. As of right now I'm routing for Kato.

100% agree.
Apr 1, 2022 1:49 AM

Jan 2019
I was a Team Eriri, then Team Utaho fan, now Team Kato
Jul 5, 2022 3:47 PM
Mar 2021
Aki-kun should just choose Kato-chan. She's--what else could you ask for?! Kato-chan is the one
Jul 23, 2022 5:30 AM
Jun 2021
I was waiting for this episode...kato was too cute and her character development till now was amazing. We all knew she will ne main girl(even title reval it) but...wow.
I was little bet in mids of choosing between kato and utaha senpai..as both were great character (other two were typical childhood tsunderie friend and typical cute cousin)..
But after this episode I am all up for kato megumi ending
DynamicGuy
Aug 27, 2022 5:49 AM
Jul 2022
best episode for me
Dec 16, 2022 4:52 PM

Jul 2022
Because I feel like I just watched the best episode of all time.
Jan 26, 2023 3:16 PM

Aug 2020
At the start it seemed like Aki was going to blow it, rambling on about the project, but luckily Kato could somewhat get through to him. Even though his apologies may have sounded cheap, he was really sorry for what he did, and the cooking scene and the discussions they had afterwards show that things are going in the right direction. Kato asking him to forget how all over the place she was today, but Aki saying he couldn't do that, showing that he cherishes having seen these other sides of her.
Feb 5, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2020
Look they can make a good episode after all. Megumi was the undeniable best girl of this series, but after this episode she didn't left even the slightest of hope for anyone to come even atleast a mile closer, much less overtaking her.

Tomoya did handle that conversation in the AV room well enough. I think when he asked Megumi about her feelings to which she gave a totally scary blank look was the moment things became a little less tense between them after a slump of no talking to each other for over two months. And then with Megumi getting on board for the second project and staying the night over at Tomoya's house, as naturally as it could get, was just the best ever thing we saw in this series yet.
Jul 14, 2023 9:35 AM

Jul 2021
made me incredibly incredibly happy to see katou behaving like she was. her cuteness factor increased by numerous folds and she was already the best girl to begin with but now she's just unreachable by remaining girls. really though she was so cute this episode made me wanna cry

also idk how to feel about moe buta converted to moefag in the subs. i would rather be called a moe buta, pigs can at least be cute.
TsutanaiFuunJul 14, 2023 9:41 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 7, 2023 6:04 AM

Aug 2023
Lets go Kato.. finally, she's "alive"..

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Jan 15, 1:28 AM

Feb 2018
Kato expressed a lot of emotion this episode lol, pretty good watch.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 17, 9:20 PM

Oct 2022
Damn they're acting like a real husband and wife
Jan 20, 5:34 PM

Jul 2022
Love how they act like a married couple, aawh Katou is so cute, she supports him, loyal, when everyone leaves him she stays, always honest and never faking anything she does, caring and worrying about close ones while never telling pretty lies, always tries her best at everything she does even when no one notices it, sounds like the best girl ever. Her voice is so fitting too, really love everything about her
StrikrrJan 22, 12:05 PM
May 1, 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
Katou wants to be chased and become special.. 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 21, 2:24 PM
Feb 2024
I started to hate the main character cuz he is too scared to apologise to Katou.

but I liked the episode and how they revealed the name ''how to raise a boring girlfriend''
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who still feels betrayed?

Vacation - May 22, 2018

16 by ZeroMajor12 »»
Jul 21, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

207 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

75 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.