Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 30, 7:35 AM
Apr 2017
Ending nya agak nanggung atau terlalu dibuat terburu-buru ceritanya, rasanya jadi kurang sreg/greget gimana gitu

TogeToge kedepannya juga kayak masih abu-abu gak jelas gimana nasibnya, trus hubungan Nina sama Hina juga akhirnya jadi gimana gak diceritain

setelah nonton episode ini gw sih jadi agak lebih suka sama karakter nya Hina, awalnya gw pikir Hina tuh bakal jadi kayak Nina karakter nya "keras kepala & menyebalkan" ngebayangin ada dua karakter kayak Nina di satu story pastinya bikin gak nyaman nonton ceritanya, yah untungnya gak gitu

Dan satu lagi, gw sebenernya berharap banget bisa ngeliat Subaru yg bakal motong rambut nya jadi pendek, ehh malah gak muncul 🥲

Yah secara keseluruhan sih anime ini bagus terutama animasinya meski 3D, walau kalo secara pribadi sih gw lebih suka animasi 3D nya BanG Dream (MyGo) terutama pas pertunjukan band nya entah kenapa rasanya lebih enak diliat nya

Kalo disuruh nilai gw bakal kasih 8,5/10.

Ok ty kalo ada yg udah mau baca meski panjang, entah kenapa kalo gk ninggalin pendapat abis nonton ini gw ngerasa jadi kayak bakal ada yg ganjal perasaan gw 😅
Jun 30, 9:04 AM
Oct 2020
Ok end. Felt like it left room for a sequel. So maybe another season or a movie? Either way hope it does well enough that there will be another season. I enjoyed this way more than I expected. The CGI wasn't too bad. The facial expressions were especially good very lively. I feel while the MAL score right now at 8.49 this was pretty decent for an anime original. One of the better ones in recent history.
Jun 30, 9:07 AM
Jun 2024
THAT OP WAS A BANGER
Jun 30, 9:59 AM
Apr 2011
NGL that was a pretty bad ending.....
Jun 30, 2:29 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Delsoonbye
NGL that was a pretty bad ending.....
@Delsoonbye Good news then....it's not the ending. There's more on the way.
Jun 30, 2:32 PM

Mar 2021
I loved this show! I was initially turned off by the CG but stuck it out because it wasn't offensively bad CG....glad I did. My only disappointment was the cliffhanger yuribait in EP8...since it was not even slightly mentioned again it came across as "Watch The Next Episode" bait. Still, I'm excited to see the next installment they've announced.
Jun 30, 5:15 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to YuniVT
@YuniVT Idk if its only me but I feel like its even worse if it wasnt the ending to the overall franchise. If there is more episodes planned with a new season, I wouldve ended it at ep 11 and then started the whole agency arc with the new season and have it go a bit longer instead of rushing it to a finish for the season.
Jun 30, 6:03 PM
Apr 2011
Reply to YuniVT
@YuniVT what do you mean, episode 13 was the last episode. If youre trying to say its not the ending cause they announced like a season 2 or something that doesnt matter lol
Jun 30, 6:48 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Delsoonbye
@YuniVT what do you mean, episode 13 was the last episode. If youre trying to say its not the ending cause they announced like a season 2 or something that doesnt matter lol
@Delsoonbye Let me use an example from your list: The Dangers in My Heart would be mid to good if season 1 was all we got...but we got a second season which furthered the story and made the series even better. Season 1 Ep 12 was just a pause since we got a (fantastic) second season. The end of a season is not the end if there's more story coming. Now, take Chivalry of a Failed Knight...as far as the anime is concerned, that awful cliffhanger is the end because we didn't (and won't likely) get a second season. My point is that if there's more story coming we're at a pause not the end.

Edit: It's nice to see someone with near the same taste I do....Yame Yukana is an SS-Tier waifu.
YuniVTJun 30, 6:52 PM
Jun 30, 11:08 PM
Dec 2016
Past 12 episode were so good but this episode feels wrong for me. So many things happened in 24 minutes. They resigned after maybe 2 months but the agency is fine with it somehow? I feel so bad for Miura-san. Nina is still super annoying, and she just remembered that Hina also likes DiaDust after 13 episode? It just doesn't make much sense. Overall I like all the characters including Nina, I think she's perfect in TogeToge.
Jul 1, 8:28 AM
Nov 2023
i feel like this ending didn't have that much emotional impact has some episodes and it felt a bit rushed, specially leaving the agency after it was introduced so little episodes before.
but overall pretty solid anime, hope it recieves a continuation
Jul 1, 10:11 AM
Mar 2020
Anime of the season
Jul 1, 11:37 AM

Jan 2008
While I did enjoy the overall show, I have to say, I really didn't care too much for the music side of it. Aside from Void from the first episode and maybe one other song, I really didn't care for them. What kept me hooked were the character interactions, mostly Nina being the most human character I've seen in some time and Subaru's silly antics.

I know no one wants to hear it but the CGI... was fine. The problem I have was the same issue I have with CG in non-CGI anime, the mixing of the two. At the start of the show, there wasn't much or at least they blended it better but as more episodes released, you could see they really started resorting to 2D animation for a lot of things. Pictures okay, but background characters, side characters, flashbacks and characters talking to the main cast. They weren't bad moments but they do remind me of ExArm moments.
Jul 1, 1:44 PM

Jun 2024
man i cant believe its over already, it felt like it went by so fast. i really hope we get an s2, togetoge r all so lovable <3
Jul 1, 7:34 PM

Nov 2016
I didn't really mind the ending too much. But I can't help but feel like the final song was really underwhelming compared to "Emptiness and Catharsis". All of their other songs that they performed, I loved it on the first listen. But this one just didn't do anything for me which is disappointing.
Jul 2, 1:58 PM
Apr 2011
Reply to YuniVT
@Delsoonbye Let me use an example from your list: The Dangers in My Heart would be mid to good if season 1 was all we got...but we got a second season which furthered the story and made the series even better. Season 1 Ep 12 was just a pause since we got a (fantastic) second season. The end of a season is not the end if there's more story coming. Now, take Chivalry of a Failed Knight...as far as the anime is concerned, that awful cliffhanger is the end because we didn't (and won't likely) get a second season. My point is that if there's more story coming we're at a pause not the end.

Edit: It's nice to see someone with near the same taste I do....Yame Yukana is an SS-Tier waifu.
@YuniVT

Hmm I guess it just comes down to how you perceive anime. I totally get that you'd rather weigh in on all seasons combined. Maybe I'm a bit old school and rate them based on the seasons.

Also that's cool that you like hajimete no gal! I think it's very underrated and people write it off cause of the ecchi in it.
Jul 3, 4:56 AM
Jan 2024
I think it is a good ending
Jul 3, 7:34 AM
Jan 2024
PEAK FICTION For a fan Girl Band

Back in the day, we hope there's Girl Band anime like K-On but with more Serious Plot and this is it.

Toei Animation nailed it with Smooooth 3D animation once again, God that Concert, The Crowd, Lighting background, everything 10/10.

But they gatekeeping it, Not put on streaming service like Crunchyroll.
Jul 3, 5:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's nice that they're going solo, and could still perform against Diamond Dust, we only saw Togenashi Togeari's performance as the final song to conclude the anime but it was enough I guess, fine way to end the show even though they could do better, but overall liked it, I didn't find anything special or mindblowing for my side but it was still a pretty good girls band anime.
Jul 4, 4:35 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Hmmm to many drama and very less music and the music not to impactful like bang dream or d4dj or idoly pride and some other girl band theme, need a few episodes to adjust for the cgi (really prefer the drawing style anime) kind of disappointed while having a high expectations for it, 7/10
Jul 4, 1:41 PM
Jul 2020
Too fast, needed more info, wanted more character focused episodes. Song isnt as good as others.

I will be waiting for Rupa episode plz
Jul 4, 2:17 PM
Dec 2022
:) This series made me smile.
Jul 5, 6:53 AM
Jan 2011
Honestly, the whole Nina-Hina thing just dragged this show through the mud for me. It was such a poorly conceived character arc with equally poor execution. Hina in particular is such a badly written character. She essentially abandoned a friend when she needed support the most and showed no remorse after the fact. When they meet up in this episode, the callousness she showed was infuriating. And in the end we're just supposed to accept Nina forgiving her because they both liked the same music? Man...that is such bullshit.
Jul 9, 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
Another excellent girls-band-type show that showcases the power of 3D anime done right.
Jul 11, 2:47 PM

Sep 2014
This is what Im here for! Nina acting like a gremlin and drama!
Dont care about the performances tbh, song was lame.
Sorry but every episode after ep8 has been way too tame. Ep10 just solved any drama too easily, when before every step of the way was a struggle. EP11 didnt follow any fallout for Subaru and we never got Rupa backstory.
Now we rushed through the last part, had this dumb battle with DiaDust and its over. Seriously why is it SO focussed on competing with DiaDust? They are a new band! Give it time!

They even ended this with a happy, poppy, boring song. Where is the aggression they had before? Gone. Where is the emotion in your performance when struggling against the odds? Replaced by beeing happy with how things are?

Void really is the best song, which is of course ironic because its a DiaDust song and not TogeToge. I know the band was formed before the anime aired and actually performs, which is cool, I will check out the songs. But the ones in the anime, ehh. I guess potential is there. And her voice is great.

Dont get me wrong, I really like this show! But it peaked in the middle with the Nina and Momoka drama and got way too tame afterwards. Literally no drama, even Ninas past has essentially been resolved.

Also why did they quit the agency? They had actually solid income and someone supporting them without meddling creatively. Seems dumb for the sake of beeing dumb. There was literally no pressure.

Ahhh I hate to feel disappointed after getting sooo hyped up. Because it makes me feel worse about this then it actually is. But it already gets enough praise.

Really dont know how to rate this.
3DCGI was surprisingly cool, but the actual animation at times was painful to watch. Overall ok.
Songs were a mess, some like Void are amazing, the others eh generic anime jpop/rock stuff.
The OST and overall sound design was great though.
Story... a show like this is good because the band clashes! Because there is conflict! Take that away and its SoL with weird pacing.
8/10 but the magic is gone. I would probably fall in love with it all over again rewatching it until ep8 though, which is just ok but not anazing.

I do believe if people did not watch Jellyfish and had something even more disappointing to compare it to the reception would be worse.

PS: Yeah S2 is coming, will probably focus more on DiaDust and hopefully more Rupa and Tomo backstory, but without any tension between the core trio I dont see it beeing anywhere near as good as this one, as this one already fell off for exactly that reason.

Sorry for rambling so much, nobody will read this wall of text. Let me know if you did.
Comander-07Jul 11, 3:07 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 11, 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
I dont hate Nina, as a character I actually like her. But I dont understand her hate boner for DiaDust especially when she still liked them in the end.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 13, 1:43 PM
Feb 2022
Ending felt kinda weak. The story itself was alright but I'm kinda disappointed with the song. It not being the full version and compared to the total banger that episode 11 was and with me binging the last 7 episodes really makes it feel underwhelming in comparison.

Still really liked the story and Nina as a character tho. The CG is also really solid and I have zero complaints about it. After watching MyGo I kinda expected a lesser version of it here but was immediately hooked.

Gotta listen to some of their songs to wash off the bizarre aftertaste of this episode. Hope there's more to this project.
Jul 14, 5:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This show felt like I was put on a rocket-propelled roller coaster from start to finish. I love these characters and all their weaknesses and flaws and all their interactions with each other.

Looks like there are some criticism about the ending being rushed... but I don't see it that way. I see it as them saying "this sh*t ain't over yet!" And I hope it isn't. Otherwise yes, while the brisk pace is great, this 'end' would be a bit too abrupt. But again let's hope that's not the case. In the mean time, am sure gonna miss these guys.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jul 15, 5:38 AM
May 2021
I want the 2nd season because it can't end like this. I like the characters' development. Hina is the character I'm not too fond of the most because people with mindsets like hers allow things like bullying and other corruption to happen. I wish I could see Nina and her band defeat DiaDust but what would I expect lol.
Jul 16, 7:43 AM
Jun 2020
It's like people forget that their goal is to reach Budokan. Episode 13 is not the end but the beginning. It's an open ending for potentially sesaon 2. It takes 3 seasons for Kitakuji High to get a goal in national. How the hell they gonna fit it in 13-episode season. THINK
TheLibrarian400Jul 16, 7:49 AM
Jul 16, 2:43 PM
Aug 2019
Final episode of the season should have included more
Jul 16, 4:05 PM
Mar 2023
Great show!
More episodes please!
Jul 20, 1:27 PM

May 2012
I'm not happy at all with the ending, but I can appreciate what they were trying to say. Not everything in life will go your way. I still hope a second season comes out to turn it into a success story though. 8/10.
Jul 22, 6:13 PM
Mar 2019
Hina was goading Nine however you look at it.
Go get em' Girls.
Jul 25, 6:56 AM
Jan 2020
Really enjoyed this show, but it is a pity they had to pick up the pace towards the end of it :/ Hoping for a second season to pick it back up from where we left off.
Jul 25, 10:42 PM

Feb 2020
Ok finale.

Overall, kinda average show. A little boring and too much dramatic at times.
Jul 28, 11:08 AM

Oct 2017
What the hell with the ending? Would be better if the anime just ended on episode 11

Jul 28, 4:56 PM
Sep 2021
I liked the general concept but I felt like the music quality in the show slowly became worse and not as good compared to the 1st episode. If it centers around music I would expect the quality of the music would be no different. I do enjoy listening to the music on my Spotify though
Jul 28, 9:58 PM
Jun 2021
I think the story is alot funnier when you watch it knowing Nina's family is very nice and encouraging.
Dad, Mom, Sis are always worried about her. Dad gets the school to accept they were wrong, paid for everything, let her do what ever thinking she would get into college, once she dropped out of college still supported her. But now she also dropped out of the label company too lmao. The family is all going to be alcoholics and smokers at the rate Nina spirals.

Personally I think its weird that they dropped out of the company, when its the company's responsibility to market them and they failed. Like everyone agrees the song was good.
But its also weird how a company out of no where decides to host them while letting them do what ever they wanted. Like if this company existed earlier then Momoka could've stayed with her old friends.

Also I thought that Subarus grandma would die from the shock of 2 descendents not liking acting.
Rupas entire family being dead and people being racist to her is also hilarious way to give her a tragic backstory.

6/10 not enough yuri.
Jul 30, 4:03 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
They’re gonna have to start listing “Nina Monologue” on all their set lists because damn this girl loves talking lol, and once again I know it’s just because it’s an anime but I feel like coming out swinging would just hit harder, no need for a speech when the music does it for you. That being said, damn nice final performance for the show to cap it all off, for now hopefully lol, loved Tomo’s keys during the song and once again all the girls picked some nice stage outfits, I see you Rupa with those devil horns lol, perhaps the episode title being “Rock and Roll Will Never Die” is an AC/DC reference after all. Loved that they thanked not just the audience, but us the viewers as well at the very end, this or saying goodbye always makes it harder to part with a show once it’s over but I love it at the same time.

And along with the final performance, we finally learned Nina and Hina’s backstory together, and turns out it wasn’t some dreadfully awful thing that split them apart but it still split them nonetheless, but I’m glad the two of them kinda made up during Nina’s realization during her speech, I may meme on Nina for talking too much but I liked that moment a lot. And I see a lot of folks saying this ending was rushed, and honestly I don’t really think so, yeah it wasn’t much of an ending but the episode felt finely paced to me, I was actually surprised that they gave so much time to the proposal conflict knowing this was the last episode. The ending also reminds me of how SoL anime tend to end, where there’s not really an ending, life goes on, and these girls will continue to reach greater heights beyond the show, I just hope we get a 2nd Season to see it.

And that was it, yeah it’s pretty criminal that I didn’t pick this one during my Spring 2024 season but that’s how it’s been going for me a lot lately lol, can’t catch them all, along with this jellyfish show everyone else seemed to have watched and compared it to this one so I guess I gotta hit it soon too lol. But you know what else is criminal? The fact this show didn’t get licensed for a proper translation, the fansubs I watched were fine and takes me back to the old days but this show absolutely deserves to be more well known, it was a damn good show, especially when you consider that it’s almost completely CGI, but I gotta say it looked quite beautiful most of the time. And the show itself was a lot of fun, yeah these girls could get quite emotional and very dramatic, but damn I had a good time and the jams were immaculate, including the OP and ED, gonna have to seek them all out after this lol. And I gotta mention my best girls, and it’s definitely among Rupa, Subaru and Momoka, I don’t think I can pick just one lol, no offense to Tomo and Nina, I liked them too of course but they both did things that kinda annoyed me, also I love the more mature babes lol.

Definitely would watch a Season 2 of this one, don’t know if it’s possible or how many years it takes to make a masterful CGI anime like this with some of the most beautiful performances I’ve ever seen, but I’ll be there if we get one.
Jul 30, 4:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Comander-07 said:
Sorry for rambling so much, nobody will read this wall of text. Let me know if you did.

I did lol, I don’t read all the massive posts but because I write them myself, I like to give some others a read, especially if it’s someone I typically enjoy reading from.
Aug 2, 9:26 PM

Nov 2021
Finally got around to finishing this almost 2 months after the final episode. This is what happens when I watch anime with no proper seasonal schedule.. but this finale absolutely screams S2 (imo) and I hope when that comes around it gets an official release. Anyways this was an incredible anime in every aspect, and another to add why originals are so great
Aug 3, 10:35 PM
Feb 2014
Really enjoyed the show and both this and last episode were good, just kinda rushed and not as good as the rest tho.

I think my least favorite part of the show however is Hina, and the writting for the Nina-Hina plot in this episode was... Bad.

The show really wants us to buy the whole "Oh, Hina is not thaaaat bad, she was also affected by DD songs :')" at the end of the episode even though the backstory just revealed she ended friendship with Nina, apparently her best friend, when she started to get bullied instead.

The whole "see, you tried to play vigilante and ended up being bullied instead, and even by the former bullied girl, I TOLD YOU SO" is really NOT something you should say to your, suposedly (best) friend who's being bullied. Nah, f*** Hina.
Aug 10, 8:06 PM

Aug 2019
interesting last episode, I hope more comes from this show since there is so much left for them to showcase; as for Hina I still don’t like her one bit
Aug 13, 11:29 PM

May 2016
Ending was kinda lack luster. Started off great too. Characters, music, and animation was great. Solid 8/10. Would’ve been higher had they nailed the ending
Aug 16, 2:09 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Reshiram_IX
Ending was kinda lack luster. Started off great too. Characters, music, and animation was great. Solid 8/10. Would’ve been higher had they nailed the ending
@Reshiram_IX
> Ending was kinda lack luster.

Series director spoke about that in magazine interview. They considered a scenario where TogeToge defeats the New Dia-Dust controlled and manipulated by an "evil manager". There was no Hina in that timeline and they felt it be a forced and unrealistic cliched "idol" story to send an amateur band straight to the Budokan arena. Thus TogeToge were made to kind of defeat themselves and grow that way, while Hina was inserted as the arch-enemy and ex friend / lover of Nina.

The ED animation of GBC is supposed to depict daily life of TogeToge beyond ep13, road-touring as an indie band. Whether that continuation will ever receive an s2 or a movie is currently unknown.
Aug 19, 5:46 AM
May 2014
Now we need even MORE Nina backstory, namely when she and Hina were even friends and if Hina was ever really not a bitch, because wtf

Not perfect but there was a lot of thought and love put into this, especially the main girls. Agree that this song didn't really hit like the others which is disappointing, and the last episodes kind of fizzled out, but as a whole I enjoyed the season too much to be too harsh on it. I think it's good enough to get a second season and expand on it and hit a stride, and that's all I can really ask for.
Aug 19, 6:37 AM

Jun 2009
How tf this crap got avg 8+

Shitty char
Shitty story
Shitty animation

NGL tho, songs kinda Okay...

Sep 1, 2:07 AM
Dec 2023
if you like shojou drama and music like bochi or k-on you can enjoy this, the music awsome yeah im late but nice
Sep 9, 9:10 AM
Jun 2024
The ending felt rushed, but honestly this anime was quite enjoyable, especially with the crazy CG work that was done to make this masterpiece. This is probably the greatest anime of this season, hoping for more from the band in the future!

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 26

44 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 15, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.