Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 22, 5:43 PM

Jul 2022
Damn it, they always cut it off like this, damn it, they leave me frustrated! It's reassuring that the entire third squad knows that Kafka is not an evil Kaiju.

Jun 22, 5:48 PM

Apr 2022
kafka was a demon at the end, that run looked insane. but general shinomiya is a tank himself, this needs a second season to show his goated moments.
Jun 22, 6:22 PM

May 2023
insane animation once again and a good episode overall. but these cliffhangers are getting annoying like damn 😭😭
Jun 22, 6:36 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah what a place to leave off at on the anime. They have dropped cliff hanger and cliff hanger all season long, but this one has to be one of the hardest ones 😆 looking forward to a season 2 announcement coming somewhat soon due to leaks. Either next week when the season is over or soon after that. Season has been great and if you don’t want to wait you can always pick up the manga while you wait for production on S2 😁
Jun 22, 6:56 PM

Oct 2016
Episode once again left me shaking. The sense of camaraderie was beautiful, and the action at the end was hype. I think we are getting set up to learn more about why this Kaiju chose him in the first episode, so I can’t wait for next week. It’s a bummer that it will be the last episode of this season though! (9.5/10)
Jun 22, 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
It stopped when it was starting to get really interesting. It was heartening that the Third Division had faith in Kafka and gave him the not so stealthy salute. I could nitpick that surely not everyone could trust him after seeing him turn into a monster before their eyes and harboring such a secret, but usually this goes the opposite way in anime with the protagonist having to overcome ridiculous amounts of suspicion. So hey I'll take the opposite where he obviously saved their asses so they're doing what they can to have his back.

I wonder why the director's the only one that can use that weapon. Is there some sort of affinity for it beyond just raw suit power you can use? Where was he whenever the defense force was getting worked over and had to be bailed out by a man lizard?

I'm hoping with only one episode #12 can be something a little satisfying to tide us over until season 2 and that it won't be something too by the numbers.
Jun 22, 7:18 PM
Jul 2023
Great plot! Best anime this series
Jun 22, 7:36 PM
Jun 2024
The whole season has been fire but I feel like I did watching solo leveling. I wish I could just watch start to end. The cliffhanger teases are killing me.
Jun 22, 7:56 PM

Jan 2017
What a cliffhanger...
I guess I don't really feel comfortable seeing Kafka in that kind of position but still I'm glad that the Third Division is all on his side, even giving him that covert salute with Captain Hoshina on the lead. Ichikawa was more impressive than ever, and I guess Kafka overcoming this ultimate Kaiju mind state is also important for him to be able to gain the military's side.
Wahh last episode will be the next and hopefully season 2 will start really soon afterwards
Jun 22, 8:15 PM

Feb 2019
that guy wants to eliminate kafka all because he wants revenge on any and all kaiju simply because his wife was killed. understandable, but makes him one helluva narrowminded being who is letting his emotion cloud his judgement. even if he used that excuse to drive a point to his daughter who was genuinely concerned about Kafka's safety, still, not admirable IMO. and Kafka better prove that damn bastard wrong & not go all kaiju on him! lol
Jun 22, 8:25 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
At first, I thought that revealing Kafka's identity as Kaiju #8 was a little bit too soon, but it's what this anime needed to stop being My hero Academia 2.0. It really got better from this episode.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 22, 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
The general pushed Kafka n2 self preservation mode.
Jun 22, 9:28 PM
Dec 2022
We all know that Kafka should be OK, otherwise there would be no more Kaiju No. 8 series. Question is where he would be ended up. Definitely not with Third Division for now but their salute at the departing armored car sure bring up a gulp in one's throat. Talk about emotional scene there.
Jun 22, 10:06 PM
Sep 2022
peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak peak
Jun 22, 10:16 PM

Mar 2019
I enjoyed this episode. Even though the mistrust thing is very cliche for this kind of storytelling, I thought the final scene with Kikoru's father trying to kill him caught me off guard. That said, the ending was kind of disappointing now that we learn that he doesn't have full control of this powers and that the symbiote wants him to kill.
Jun 22, 11:47 PM

Feb 2022
damn cliffhangers...

That full-body kaiju transformation looks sick no matter how many times watched. As always I like everything about a Shounen anime except the main character, but I'm a bit interested/excited to watch what cliches gonna save Kafka from this uncontrollable state. If Shinomiya's scream works... well then that's another disappointment.
Jun 22, 11:52 PM
Oct 2019
the episode was normal, the fight was totally boring, there was no good use of the soundtrack, the only thing that remains the same as before, but that doesn't mean it's good, is the animation, other than that, just the story, but It's from the manga, right, so it's not the merit of this bad director
Jun 22, 11:56 PM
Oct 2007
First half was likable but totally froze up towards the end. That's how engrossed I was. Darn the cliffhanger LOL

I've said this again and again, the execution is so on point that knowing what's coming or having the story being cliché doesn't matter a bit anymore. This is just so enjoyable
All the reason for still watching anime (which a large part of the population still envision it as "cartoon") after so many years!

/clap
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 12:20 AM

Dec 2018
Can we go one damned episode without a cliffhanger? Maybe they think they're clever but it's fucking annoying when it's every week.
Jun 23, 12:26 AM
Mar 2022
A single tear rolled down my cheek when he was in the
... Let's hope the last episode is a banger.
Jun 23, 1:43 AM
May 2024
not bad actualy, want to see more
Jun 23, 1:51 AM

Oct 2023
The animation has been phenomenal since episode one but they really went nuts with this fight, didn't they.

I also love how the anime expanded a bit more on the reactions of the other troop members than the manga did.

Can't wait to see how crazy the animators went in next week's episode.
Jun 23, 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
Damn, Kafka went kaijuu sicko mode fr fr. Next is the final episode, gotta see him pull through somehow.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 23, 1:53 AM

Oct 2009
Didn't expect everyone to be on Kafka's side, which was refreshing.

Finale next week, oh man..
Jun 23, 1:57 AM

Aug 2013
Director doesn't seem open to reason.

Seems rather weird to go straight into physical examination when you have a subject that you can talk with.
Jun 23, 2:14 AM
Jul 2022
it was damn awesome just loved it can't express my feelings
Jun 23, 3:09 AM
Mar 2018
An engaging episode. It's pretty interesting, watching everyone's reactions to the reveal. Also, the fight with Papa Shinomiya's intense!
Jun 23, 3:36 AM
Sep 2021
Kafka is trying his best to prove that he is still a human, can he succeed in proving his point. Quite interested to see where it goes from here.
Jun 23, 4:05 AM

Nov 2011
Niiice animation! Kafka, fight the demon inside you
Jun 23, 4:37 AM
Aug 2020
insane SFX and animation
Jun 23, 4:49 AM
Dec 2021
it was one of my favourite episode so far, really liked how mina and rest of the third division knew that he wasn't an enemy, mina really understood kafka. it was an emotional and hype ep.
Jun 23, 5:05 AM

Jul 2013
Wtf did they expect? That's actually a very human reaction if you ask me. If you drive anyone into desperation because you're trying to kill him, ofc he'll try to defend himself. But honestly to me, it's better to prove that Kafka is more useful to humanity alive than dead instead of trying to prove he's human. Anyway it seems that the kaiju who got inside him also hates kaijus? It said kill all kaijus.
Jun 23, 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
hibino kafka should destroy all of them
Jun 23, 5:18 AM
Oct 2020
ngl that blonde guy is kinda smash
Jun 23, 5:19 AM

May 2015
Dman...Papa is really strong!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 23, 5:28 AM

May 2021
Best episode of the series for me. Especially the final sequence where he's going absolutely wild on the Director.

Jun 23, 5:29 AM
May 2021
Finally let's see Kafka get pieced up more that little devil of a thing
Jun 23, 5:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to guitargeek94
It's frustrating that most anime watchers have the same take

"Oh he loses control, it's so predictable"...

Not everything has to be "different" or "unpredictable" to be good.

Predictable writing makes things easy to follow, not every show has to have a deep complex plot to stand out.

If you pay attention you'll notice that a lot of links are being established now, especially the clear fact that Kafka's Kaiju form seems to respond to the Daikaiju in Kaiju #2 made weapons/suit in front of him. There are so many questions that need answering, like why the Kaiju that infested Kafka is interested in the destruction of other Kaiju?

Was Kaiju #9 the one that killed Shinomiya's mother? The straight up unwillingness to negotiate with "Kaiju #8" shows how much resentment Shinomiya's father has towards the Kaiju. A lot of backstories that are waiting to be uncovered next season!

I personally like the bond that Kafka has formed within his division, and it shows by how they support him. Although they may not know the details of why he is the way he is, at least it is unanimous that they understand he risked it all to save them from that explosion, and that in itself portrays his human nature above all.

Can't wait for the last episode, enjoy this season while it lasts!
@guitargeek94 You make some good points and I agree with you for the most part. I think modern anime watchers are too used to dialogue heavy shows were attacks are explained in long detail and make use of long expository dialogue.
I'd write off Shinomiya's dad as a bit of a maniac but losing his wife to a Kaijuu makes his tendency for violent solutions understandable.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 6:34 AM

Oct 2022
Huh what do u expect it's the most primate instinct to protect overselves or any other animal that u are, from harm of others. And you thinking he's doing it because he wants to is so ruthless. You made him do it.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Jun 23, 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Is he going to pick up a giant boulder to fill the hole in the wall next episode?

Not that its necessarily bad if it follows the trope a bit.

Im curious who is stronger, Mina or the director?

Has Kafka ever even told anyone about the mini kaiju who made him a kaiju? Or is he forgetting about that?
Comander-07Jun 23, 6:44 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 23, 7:22 AM
May 2023
Limi said:
Director doesn't seem open to reason.

Seems rather weird to go straight into physical examination when you have a subject that you can talk with.

He doesn't seem too open to talking, either
Jun 23, 7:45 AM
Oct 2021
All the budget of the series goin' to the last to episodes! I'm glad this is how the 1st season ends
Jun 23, 8:07 AM

Nov 2020
XD why do all the less important NPCs wear a mask covering their entire face and not the more important ones? it looks so stupid, nothing destroys my immersion more than the fact that apart from the MC and his NPC friends, nothing exists in this army
3/5
Jun 23, 8:19 AM

Dec 2007
PLEASE. KAIJU No. 8 IS SOOOO GUD. This anime really be damn lit!

Jun 23, 9:59 AM
Mar 2019
Save Kafka at all costs.
Jun 23, 10:47 AM

Dec 2020
Nabisuke said:
GeoXsf9 said:

Here me who started manga right after ep 1 and caught up to the latest chap in one night

In my case, I only began watching the anime 3 days ago. Binge-watched the 10 eps in one day lol

Noice attaboy dude
Jun 23, 11:05 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to BlichoBoy
I hope that document proving that Kafka is good, will have a mention that a kaiju's whatever-that-is got inside Kafka. There was lots of silent sitting in this episode, and not any interrogation sitting.

Kaiju No.2: Japanese Man 1 : RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!
Japanese Man 2 : It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.

Kafka entered safety mode.
@BlichoBoy
BlichoBoy said:
Kaiju No.2: Japanese Man 1 : RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!
Japanese Man 2 : It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.

Japanese Man 1: RUN LIKE IT'S GODZILLA!
Jun 23, 12:11 PM

Dec 2021
Lol It's Hohenheim from FMAB
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Jun 23, 1:33 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hibino has lost consciousness of his Kaijuu body!
kekeke
Jun 23, 1:57 PM
Feb 2021
so good
what a show
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

277 by MrBeals »»
Oct 7, 6:53 AM

» what's with the hate? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 18

76 by LittleOwlbear »»
Oct 6, 4:48 AM

» The combat suits

raitai9891 - Jun 13

12 by bastek66 »»
Oct 3, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.