Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 31, 2021 5:20 PM
Apr 2021
YEEEEES
finally!
actual drama.
Love Comedies are great and all, but the vast majority of them never go beyond holding hands, and it's honestly just refreshing to see relationships that don't progress at a snail's pace (but also not at 10x speed like Domestic Girlfriend).

The fact that he fainted in front of the painting by someone he knew from the future was a very strange coincidence - and so I hope it's not. It'd be interesting to flesh out the effects of the mind transferal (although we don't need to know the mechanics of it). It feels a bit too easy - there weren't really any consequences for it.

my favourite aspect of this show though is the concept of plagiarism, and the ethics of it if technically speaking the work doesn't even exist yet. I'm definitely looking forward to more exploration of how his memory of the future affects things in the present
Jul 31, 2021 5:20 PM
Feb 2021
this episode was nice. i liked the festival & the character development with nanako. the little moments with both shinoaki and nanako were fun and nice.

the kiss with shinoaki and kyoya was unexpected this episode, that got my heart pumping and made me feel satisfied that shinoaki is making moves. however, seeing nanako heart broken afterwards also tore me apart.

i can tell that a lot of drama is about to take place in the future of this anime & im really hoping that this isnt going to make a turn for the worst. im really enjoying this anime & i hope that the drama between the girls with kyoya wont make the anime plummet.
Jul 31, 2021 5:50 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm...much more romance than I had expected. I like romance anime, don't get me wrong; however, this anime is going a bit too fast and blending all of these themes and delivering them with mediocrity. I wish they slowed everything down and did everything in a few seasons.

I mean, I agree that life in college was so action-packed: relationship problems, final exams, club events. But this is storytelling and I think there are ways to make it way more digestible. I mean the kiss came way out of left field for me.
Jul 31, 2021 5:51 PM
Jan 2017
God knows - Haruhi Suzumiya yes!

that's a beautiful song right there I love it <3
Jul 31, 2021 6:49 PM

Nov 2017
Coincidence or not but, Suzumiya Haruhi was aired on 2006 and the timeline in this anime is 2006 too and OP song was sung by poppin party and they just recently covered GOD KNOWS...
But anyway,i love this episode for the song and..... you know

I kinda realize that nanako is N@NA since first episode
Now Loading.....
Jul 31, 2021 6:51 PM
Jul 2012
does anyone here notice that nanako, while he says N@na, is really nano, "wings of song" he says but nano has a song titled "savior of song" im assuming could be some copywrite issue as to why they change stuff, they do it all the time with websites and products and stores, so dont see why names of songs and actual performers would be any different
Jul 31, 2021 7:01 PM

Feb 2019
Imagine if she had sung The Smashing Pumpkins "God" instead

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlA8ZigGbB4[/url]
Jul 31, 2021 7:41 PM

Mar 2021
Damn, I feel so bad for Nanako for having to see the kiss of Kyouya and Shino Aki
Girls in my class start to cry if I even make eye contact with them
- Ishigami Yuu
Jul 31, 2021 7:47 PM
Mar 2014
Nanako's personality is annoying as hell.. She deserves that pain lol
Jul 31, 2021 7:53 PM

Nov 2018
Was enjoying this series until that last scene. Totally artificial harem drama and infighting obviously incoming... I can see myself dropping this soon. What a shame.
Jul 31, 2021 7:56 PM
Feb 2012
Hito420 said:
does anyone here notice that nanako, while he says N@na, is really nano, "wings of song" he says but nano has a song titled "savior of song" im assuming could be some copywrite issue as to why they change stuff, they do it all the time with websites and products and stores, so dont see why names of songs and actual performers would be any different

I don't think that would be the case, they would most likely have picked an utaite from that time to reference if they wanted to go there. Nano only started uploading covers in 2010 from what I was able to find, so it doesn't fit with the 2006 timeline at all.
Jul 31, 2021 8:02 PM

May 2021
Wow who would have thought that this anime was going to turn into a dumb harem sort of situation with forced romance and boring events with mr MC being a god amongst humans? Who would have thought that this was going to turn into a bunch of cliches stitched together?

Now, if I could be the writer, I would make Nanako get revenge by mind breaking Shinoaki after a college party with heavy alcohol and then a NTR arc start. Sadly Im not the writer

Jul 31, 2021 8:51 PM
Apr 2020
Truth be told I want to talk more about the fact that the used the song from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya than the rest of the episode, because that was reaaaally cool. The fact it was implemented in the same school setting just made it all the better for me.

Now into the rest of the episode. I really liked this episode (much like all the other ones prior) because it was a real defining episode for Nanako and our main protagonist. Nanako especially, in her musical career. We got to see maids and everything. But the ending was really interesting! Getting the romance aspect of the show more involved, it makes me extremely excited to see what’s going to happen next episode and how that kiss will affect Kyouya’s relationship with Shinoaki, and Nanako. I was honestly caught off guard considering how things were going. I also like the fact that they didn’t play on the shy female character part, the phone call interrupting their kiss was quite cliche but she made it back at the end of the episode. So I’m glad they didn’t fall into that trope.

Overall I was more satisfied with this episode, but that could just be because of the hype that carried me with it.
Jul 31, 2021 8:56 PM
Aug 2020
“God Knows” hit me like a truck, and it made my day. Also, I did not expect Shinoaki to be that forward of a girl, but I absolutely loved it. I screamed when she kissed him at the end!
Jul 31, 2021 9:06 PM

Mar 2019
Right after the great beach episode we had, a mini festival arc episode was great to see, especially with the maid cafe. This anime is trying to hit all the tropes but in an artsy craft method where we finally get to see the beloved main character find some love in both of the roomamtes. Im conflicted on who exactly is best girl though!
Jul 31, 2021 9:22 PM

May 2020
Well damn, I didn't expect them to hit us with the serious love triangle drama this early on...particularly between these two. I honestly thought the triangle would be with Nanako and Kawasegawa instead. Aki tho out here pulling no punches. Feels bad for her...kinda ruins the emotional high she just experienced on stage.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jul 31, 2021 9:46 PM

Feb 2014
Damn they really upped the stakes with that God Knows collab performance. Nanko really sang her heart out. I knew she would be one of the three geniuses. She gonna rise up in her career from now but she lost her chance to be with Kyouya with that hug denial. Shinoaki was fast and bold right there. Gotta give it up for an airhead like her.

AhriTheS3xyFox said:
otakuclub94 said:
I loved this episode. Nanako was able to sing in public thanks to Kyouya... Well, we had also a kiss between Kyouya and Shino aki... Shino aki was so bold to kiss Kyouya without issues or embarrassment lol This anime feels so real, and it's good. Well, to be honest, I was shipping Kyouya with Eiko or Nanako, but it seems that the story is going to have the couple Kyouya-Shino aki

You won't know that, things can still always change due to plot or many other circumstances, we're only 5/12 episodes in.

But i'm seriously glad i'm not the only one shipping Eiko with Kyouya xD, i'm actually so glad and happy !

Shinoaki X Kyouya ftw. Afterall she was his saving grace even during hard times.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 31, 2021 9:53 PM

Jan 2021
I was really hoping we could avoid any love triangle heartache, but I should've known better

Jul 31, 2021 9:55 PM

Jan 2021
Gween_Gween said:
Wow who would have thought that this anime was going to turn into a dumb harem sort of situation with forced romance and boring events with mr MC being a god amongst humans? Who would have thought that this was going to turn into a bunch of cliches stitched together?

Now, if I could be the writer, I would make Nanako get revenge by mind breaking Shinoaki after a college party with heavy alcohol and then a NTR arc start. Sadly Im not the writer

whoa, calm down there. No need to go that far now

Jul 31, 2021 10:15 PM
Mar 2021
The last part make me sad
I kinda don't like this type of story🤧
But shino aki is good too
But I feel sad for nanako🤧
Jul 31, 2021 11:26 PM

Jul 2021
"God Knows" The Legendary Songs in 2006/07, it's great on that part. Rest is meh. 3/5
𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀𝘁
Jul 31, 2021 11:54 PM
Sep 2020
I saw the last part coming a kilometer away, bittersweet, BUT..... The first thing that came to my mind was somehow this situation turning into a real problem between them and even their goals cuz of the tension. I know I know maybe this whole drama is just to keep us hooked and in the end everyone is happy but the possibility of everything getting f*Ked up is real XD
Aug 1, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2021
niko_sb said:
SUZUMIYA HARUHI LIVES ON AND ON!
Nice ep.
Though it had some White Album 2 vibes in the end.

I was thinking this too, Bokutachi no Remake has a higher-maturity vibe when it comes to the MCs (not to say there isn't debauchery afoot here and there, of course there is). Makes things feel more natural, and when it feels that way you can throw in that kind of scene at the end and devastate an audience with what's ultimately not a complex concept at all.

WA2 was a masterpiece. Not sure if you feel the same about it due to how it seems like the "but..." of your post but now I wanna rewatch it. And definitely invested in this one, can't wait for next weekend.
Aug 1, 2021 1:35 AM

Feb 2014
Nanako was finally able to sing in front of many people. She officially revealed as N@NA now. I feel sad for her seeing Shinoaki kissed Kyouya in the end.
Aug 1, 2021 1:54 AM

Mar 2019
cue the drama!!I knew it was coming .. but ...

well since I started this I might see it through
Aug 1, 2021 3:05 AM

Sep 2014
I can't help but feel like this is a little of a wasted opportunity, I expected something different from the first episode but so far it just looks like your generic season anime with every cliche that you want + timetravel and lots of"I don 't know how, but I'm gonna do it somehow" at every problem, like a magic phrase to make things work. That said, I give it some points for having a character that can give a kiss (and the other receive it) without acting weird.

yro-san said:
Hito420 said:

I don't think that would be the case, they would most likely have picked an utaite from that time to reference if they wanted to go there. Nano only started uploading covers in 2010 from what I was able to find, so it doesn't fit with the 2006 timeline at all.

To be fair, Kyouya intervention changed a lot of thing, so uploading her covers in 2006 instead of 2010 (if she were to be nano) shouldn't be a problem really, since this is not the original timeline.
joexmdqAug 1, 2021 3:16 AM
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Aug 1, 2021 3:49 AM

Oct 2020
My thoughts on the last scene were literally fuck, fuck, fuck...oh fuck

I don't know how to feel about this t~t

✧ FOUND YOU, MY DARLING ✧ FORUM SET BY:BUNNY

Aug 1, 2021 5:12 AM

Aug 2019
Gween_Gween said:

you call out the writer for using clichés yet you want to use the most used cliché in hentai (mindbreaks) how ironic
snowykevinAug 1, 2021 5:16 AM
Aug 1, 2021 5:15 AM

Jan 2021
I came here to have a good time not to feel
Aug 1, 2021 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
Wow I was hyped AF to see that Haruhi reference!!!

Only for my heart to break at the end.

I felt like it was sort of uncalled for as Nanako and Kyouya's development has been more established wat more then Aki and Kyouya's.
However I still see why Aki did what she did though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 1, 2021 5:44 AM

Jul 2014
First off, I really love the female cast designs in this series, but that kiss was random or rather, forced as hell, that came out of nowhere.
Also why in the world does Kyoya think he is in the past to help them reach the dream that they already reached in his previous timeline? They dont need his shit to be successful cause they already were even without meeting him. If anything I got red flag vibes when he said that, when u screw with the timeline, it tends to screw you back, and most of the time it makes things worst.
On a side note, hearing “God Knows” was so nostalgic, and at the same time shows how Hirano Aya was such a good singer compared to Aimi, dont get me wrong she was also good, but Aya’s version was just on its own level.
Anyways, I dont know where this show is going now cause at first I thought this was a story of Kyoya becoming successful in the future but it appears that now he thinks he is there to help the people that already succeeded to… succeed. Got a bad feeling on how this is gonna end.
Aug 1, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2020
I was abit annoyed & thrown off at Nanako’s feelings for Kyouya initially but I think it played into the drama nicely by the end of this episode. This episode was much better, I was worried for awhile that the story was going nowhere.

Shino Aki is so cute, I really like her with Kyouya!!!!! I love how direct she was with her feelings for Kyouya. Loved the almost-kiss & then the kiss( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Nanako & Tsurayuki are a much better fit methinks. Even their bickering has more chemistry lol

The song was so good but man that band!!!!! The instrumental backing SLAPS. That was nice at the end when Kyouya called her N@NA in his monologue.

Wondering why did Kyouya faint......did something change or....?? Hmm

Kyouya is honestly pretty flat as a character still. Like seriously, him thinking that given a 2nd chance his first thought is oh it must be to help them jesus it’s like RELIFE all over again & what I didn’t like about it. I get that through helping others, they will discover & learn things about themselves too, hopefully the story will convey that well. Like, what else is he going to do for HIMSELF???? Sure as hell if I were given another chance to relive a period of my life I would want to live it to the fullest, for me. I’m still looking forward to Kyouya’s character development, if any at all lol

And the harem shit gtg?????? I mean Tsurayuki is also way better

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 1, 2021 8:35 AM

May 2020
hachiclo said:
I was abit annoyed & thrown off at Nanako’s feelings for Kyouya initially but I think it played into the drama nicely by the end of this episode. This episode was much better, I was worried for awhile that the story was going nowhere.

Shino Aki is so cute, I really like her with Kyouya!!!!! I love how direct she was with her feelings for Kyouya. Loved the almost-kiss & then the kiss( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Nanako & Tsurayuki are a much better fit methinks. Even their bickering has more chemistry lol

The song was so good but man that band!!!!! The instrumental backing SLAPS. That was nice at the end when Kyouya called her N@NA in his monologue.

Wondering why did Kyouya faint......did something change or....?? Hmm

Kyouya is honestly pretty flat as a character still. Like seriously, him thinking that given a 2nd chance his first thought is oh it must be to help them jesus it’s like RELIFE all over again & what I didn’t like about it. I get that through helping others, they will discover & learn things about themselves too, hopefully the story will convey that well. Like, what else is he going to do for HIMSELF???? Sure as hell if I were given another chance to relive a period of my life I would want to live it to the fullest, for me. I’m still looking forward to Kyouya’s character development, if any at all lol

And the harem shit gtg?????? I mean Tsurayuki is also way better

we didnt even see kawasegawa and nanako's conversation since apparently kyouya is nanako's husband or something lol
Aug 1, 2021 8:39 AM

Jun 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:

I was really just commenting on this episode & you really didn’t have to @ me with a spoiler or whatever that “apparently” was. Best remove it before others get to it.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 1, 2021 9:34 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! God Knows is a banger song and it's such a badass title. Really need to watch Haruhi, though with this episode Haruhi definitely went up my priority list lmao. Shinoaki is my best girl, but I still feel really bad for Nanako. I really wonder how all of these will affect the future, will it have a positive effect or a negative one? Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 1, 2021 9:52 AM
Oct 2020
Once they said she was gonna sing I was thinking it would be cool if she sang god know AND SHE ACTUALLY FUCKING SANG IT
Aug 1, 2021 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
Nice last-minute performance by Nanako but oh brother even Stevie Wonder could have seen that ending coming. I can smell the drama from miles away. I hate love triangles so if the remainder of the show potentially centers around that, my enjoyment going forward will be contingent on how well it's handled.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 1, 2021 10:40 AM
Dec 2019
Why kyouya passing out at the gallery?
Aug 1, 2021 11:40 AM

Feb 2019
i liked it up to the end of the episode, this show should not have had romance in it mannnn fuckkkkkk now my emotions are gonna be fucked up
Aug 1, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2010
Oh boy, Shinoaki going for the kill! I like it, they look cute together. And I thought the show would get a bit stale from here on, but nope!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Aug 1, 2021 12:49 PM

Feb 2014
I must say, I was completely taken by surprise when Nanako and the backing band starting playing "God Knows...", which gave me instant Haruhi Suzumiya vibes. It makes a perfect fit, since Haruhi first aired in 2006, which is where this show is set in.

I knew that Eiko still felt guilty for the way she voiced her opinion at Nanako in the previous episode and wanted to apologise to her, but Kyouya was right to tell her that it wasn't needed, since Nanako was already committing herself towards singing seriously. At least that mess was quickly sorted. =)

The ED was replaced this time for more screentime and it focused on Aki and Kyouya after she dragged him away for some time together. After her previous attempt got interrupted by phone-kun, this time, she was able to land a good kiss on Kyouya's lips. Unbeknownst of them, Nanako, holding two crepes in hand, saw the kiss and was left shocked.

Since this is set in university, romance was almost guaranteed to happen sooner or later, so this love triangle between Aki, Kyouya and Nanako seems to be set now. Aki has better chemistry with Kyouya, but the development between Kyouya and Nanako has been more satisfying for me in terms of progression. Unless she makes a move quickly, Nanako's chances of being with Kyouya looks bleak now. Poor girl... =(
Aug 1, 2021 2:50 PM

Jul 2019
Bruh, It took 5 episodes to make him realize Nanako is N@NA. Also was that song from Haruhi Suzumiya or it just sounds similiar?
Aug 1, 2021 3:46 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
God knows! A perfect song for a school festival episode.

That was definitely the highlight for me but I did like the character moments and interactions this episode as well

Aug 1, 2021 3:51 PM
Nov 2019
damn did best girl dirty and kissed that no personality child that's in every anime
Aug 1, 2021 6:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice, school festival, and bunch of moe-moe maid already served me well.

Really? They already directed it to those scene? Shit, they cliffhanged it there? Ofc no....

Damnit! Those God Knows aka Haruhi cover really well done surprising me, ngl. I used to play rhythm game with that song everyday, and then, she sang it like that? Holy shit, easy great episode already. Hype up for real, pals!

However, i don't pretty much like those end. I feel bad for Nanako. She did her best and its because of someone else she really overthrown her own insecurity. But, oh well, bad timing for you, Kyouya. Thats for sure. No cliffhanger about the relationship, its straight to the romance drama between them. Hell yeah, i can't wait!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 1, 2021 8:06 PM
Mar 2015
That kiss threw a fly in the ointment
Aug 1, 2021 11:40 PM

Jan 2010
GOD KNOWS OMG OMG OMG AAAAAA
I felt like she was going to sing this but at the same time I was "nah, impossible, it's not gonna happen" and turns out it happened kkk I'm so glad they choose this song srsly, the whole scene remind me of Suzumiya and I'm aaaaaaa
Aug 2, 2021 12:06 AM

Jan 2015
That episode of Haruhi would've aired about a month or two before this episode takes place. How fun is that!
Aug 2, 2021 5:08 AM

Mar 2015
TheCeeJayz said:
Now here comes my problem with this show: some, if not, every important event that happens in this show feel rushed or lacks proper build-up. I'm fine with Kyouya being the problem solver, but they could at least give more time to properly flesh out the characters and their interactions in helping each other out.

Pacing's kinda wack so far, but I'll wait and see how this show will turn out.
usually shit happens so randomly irl this almost feels realistic :D
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Aug 2, 2021 5:14 AM

May 2020
pasanoid said:
TheCeeJayz said:
Now here comes my problem with this show: some, if not, every important event that happens in this show feel rushed or lacks proper build-up. I'm fine with Kyouya being the problem solver, but they could at least give more time to properly flesh out the characters and their interactions in helping each other out.

Pacing's kinda wack so far, but I'll wait and see how this show will turn out.
usually shit happens so randomly irl this almost feels realistic :D

is not realistic at all. stop sucking this show off lol
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.