Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 4, 2018 6:35 AM

Dec 2014
I'd like it to be a normal slice of life without dark vibes, but deep down inside myself, I'd like a hentai version where Kase rape Tachibana...

What is wrong with me.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Feb 4, 2018 6:38 AM

Sep 2016
I almost cheered for her when she dropped her bag to run towards Kondo in the train station. Turned out to be her imagination. Damn.

I've a feeling it's about to take a dark turn next episode. Hope no rape. That would suck.

She could have just told Kondo about it. Her actions don't match her strong character in this case.
TheSmilingShoujoFeb 4, 2018 6:44 AM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Feb 4, 2018 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
Phaetons_Folly said:
The ending of the episode shows that Akira isn't willing to cross the line, and I guess the major tension in this anime will be if she ever crosses the line.

It was really interesting to see the juxtaposition of the two dates. They both do the same thing and have similar results. While its clear Akira is happier in the second date, both dates fail because both people weren't fully committed to it. I feel this episode would have been much more interesting if Akira was the one who planned it, and ended up just doing the same things she did on the first date. However, the story didn't take that route.

Very interesting comment. Feel the same about it.

There was a period in this episode which starts when Kondo is looking at Tachibana on the bridge. And it ends when Akira imagines to run after him and kiss him. This minutes with that music had me completely, as I have never felt in long time like this in an anime.

Can't wait to see how it developes. Kase's role change is kinda sad, at least is true personality is revealed.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Feb 4, 2018 3:33 PM

Mar 2010
So correct me if I'm won't, but in the manga didn't she actually kiss him on the check in the end and not just daydream it???
Feb 4, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2010
ichii_1 said:
Was gonna watch this anime when it was completed but wanna let you know that this ep just killed off the disk sales, tons of of preorders were cancelled and it's pretty much dead.
what does this even mean? Are you going to explain yourself at all?
Feb 4, 2018 8:41 PM
Jun 2017
Hmmm!!!! the episode for today shows 2 dates and the difference it makes depending on whom the person youre dating with...

*in date with Kase, she isnt that happy in fact she has been irritated especially when he gave his opinion regarding her like (or love) for mr , kondo

*in date with mr kondo, amidst the fact that watch the same movie and have some drink at same cafe, it became memorable to her...

I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!!
Feb 4, 2018 9:02 PM

Sep 2013
plutomutt said:
ichii_1 said:
Was gonna watch this anime when it was completed but wanna let you know that this ep just killed off the disk sales, tons of of preorders were cancelled and it's pretty much dead.

The japanese really hated the the ntr bait this ep.
Feb 4, 2018 10:01 PM

Jul 2009
I didn't really like this episode quite as much as the other ones, Kase just made me feel super uncomfortable with what he did, however I do think that this episode was still quite strong writing wise as the parallels of the two dates were pretty telling. Both dates have one (mostly) willing and unwilling participant, and man they even went to the same movie and cafe XD Akira's attitudes in each were pretty interesting, with her being super cold with Kase and then dressing up and everything with Kondou. While the sequence at the end with her chasing after Kondou and giving him a kiss, I think it's good she didn't, especially since Kase did the same thing to her basically. Not really where I thought this would go, but still, decent development at least :O
Feb 4, 2018 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
plutomutt said:

Hmm can you show evidence of that? Just curious.
Feb 5, 2018 5:21 AM

Mar 2014
so the classic douchebag character has already entered the story. I liked this episode, I think it would be more realistic to be as complicated instead of the perfect date.
Feb 5, 2018 7:17 AM

Nov 2017
Among everything I'm loving about this show and this particular episode, I was kindof impressed by the subtle uncomfortably of that first date with Kase. In still frames most of it looked normal, and a lot of the times it wasn't even clear how conniving He was. Which is what I sortof applaud. Another scene where it isn't hammed up in the typical anime way but felt realistic and still places that tiny seed of dread in your belly.

Which of course made it an interesting parallel with the second date and Mr. Kondo. Putting her on that side but with better intentions.
Feb 5, 2018 12:02 PM

Feb 2007
Oh, damn, it only took me seeing the very start of the episode to remember where it would go from there and what kind of a bastard Kase was at this point of the story. Can't quite say whether it was still painful to watch it despite or because of remembering already reading this.

Good thing the much more nice date with the manager was in the same episode as well.
Feb 5, 2018 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
That blonde cunt needs to DIE
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 5, 2018 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
Dunno if we really needed antagonist like that (cliche one at that) but it was still pretty funny how she took inspiration in everything he did (almost).
Still, if she didn't want it she didn't have to go with him to a date. Wonder if such annoying cooks even exist (not to mention his flirting technique was so stupid I was almost thinking he was desperate).
Feb 6, 2018 6:40 PM

Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
Oh, boy! Namba Mutta is back with his monologues! And boy, I love Kondou. Like I always said, he is such a harmless hamster. <3

I actually associated him more with Kotetsu T. Kaburagi, which is a hilarious character role comparison. XD

I actually do find it rather amusing that the age gap here and in Tiger & Bunny are actually not that far off, but I don't remember much fuss about Blue Rose.
deadman80Feb 6, 2018 6:49 PM
Feb 6, 2018 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
deadman80 said:
shanimebib said:
Oh, boy! Namba Mutta is back with his monologues! And boy, I love Kondou. Like I always said, he is such a harmless hamster. <3

I actually associated him more with Kotetsu T. Kaburagi, which is a hilarious character role comparison. XD

I actually do find it rather amusing that the age gap here and in Tiger & Bunny are actually not that far off, but I don't remember much fuss about Blue Rose.

Never saw T&B so cannot associate with that character. The monologues are very close to those of Namba Mutta for me, haha!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2018 11:25 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, that Kase guy is a complete scumbag. Felt bad that she had 2 bad dates.
Feb 7, 2018 12:28 AM

Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
deadman80 said:

Never saw T&B so cannot associate with that character. The monologues are very close to those of Namba Mutta for me, haha!

Same voice actor for all three roles, but the parallels between Tiger and Kondou are very strong. lol

Dirty spoiler rundown:

I also highly recommend watching T&B, the franchise is awesome in general. :D
Feb 7, 2018 1:01 AM

Oct 2008
okay! we have a scumbag character here! and that fuckin-Kase-san!
LOL that man on the lower row watched the movie 2 times as well! is it coincidence?
The whole date with Kase-san was very unsettling and unconfortable to see...
The VA of Tachibana sounded exactly like HanaKana on ep4 of Koi wa, when she said "Let go of me!" (hanashite kudasai!) [11:47 frame]
Tachibana's white dress made her so pretty!
Tachibana is keeping all of the things related to Tenchou like the recepit, does it mean it has a lot of sentimental value?
I really thought that time stop kiss to the cheek was real, but it was just Tachibana's imagination!
LOL the Pamphlet is exactly the same for Tachibana its completely different! omg! can't understand girls! lolz
5/5.

Feb 7, 2018 2:12 PM

Mar 2009

duderus said:

v2

v3

Some great pics and gifs :v though i couldn't make the stitch any better :/

Thank you for these! I loved that little happy dance she did. :D

deadman80 said:
shanimebib said:

Same voice actor for all three roles, but the parallels between Tiger and Kondou are very strong. lol

Dirty spoiler rundown:

I also highly recommend watching T&B, the franchise is awesome in general. :D

Wow, you're right. He's good at these type of roles. And funnily enough, even though it wasn't the same character, Mutta's brother in Space Brothers had that very young Russian girl who was into him.

Feb 7, 2018 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
so, i watched all the episodes in one go and i'm just like, why is this so freaking creep and cute at the same time?!, my older sis is 18 and my father is 49, so is like what the heck i'm watching, but the love and cuteness of the story always keep me watching this, i love the art and music too. And well chapter 4 was good, and i think that i'm starting to hate blond boys >->
Feb 8, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Next time, and better if they avoid letting me see that Ryousuke worm, otherwise it ends up splitting the laptop because of the nervous that takes me. I also enjoyed this episode, not because this series has so many detractors, I do not find it so boring or predictable, even so far makes me surprised with his narrative. I hope that Akira takes a slap, that miserable cook.

Kaiser_Senpai said:
LittleStar said:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't ignore this guy xD
Before movie, during movie he was like this... whole time
and get scared two times in the same moment xD

Good thing I wasn't the only one who noticed that ahahaha.

That guy was fun watching him, the scene thanks to him has earned a lot more points. XD
Feb 8, 2018 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
For a moment there I though I was watching a NTR hentai but I was too
overwhelmed, the episode was good.
Feb 10, 2018 5:47 AM

Oct 2013
Watched this episode now.

Dropped this show.
Feb 10, 2018 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
That last scene is so painfully real - not in that I can relate to that situation personally, but it drives me up the wall when people say "It's the same thing" so casually. There are also many reasons for seeing a boring movie twice, especially with different groups of friends.

I'm still not really buying this series, but I can't say I'm hating the ride.
Feb 11, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Well, it turns out Kase is an asshole. Watching the date with him made me uncomfortable... I thought he might be a cool dude, but it turns out I was wrong!
Feb 13, 2018 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
eliteman1924 said:
I wonder how this will end? Do you guys think they’ll get together?

I'd love for them to get together and have a fairy tale ending, but I think it will go something like this. Even though he's afraid, Kondo will slowly open up his heart to Akira but she will lose interest eventually. As with most young people, their love feels strong but it's mostly feeling with very little else to keep it strong. I hope I'm wrong though and they share a lifelong sweet relationship together. :)
Feb 15, 2018 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Really good episode, some solid drama and inner monologue.
Feb 16, 2018 1:00 AM
Nov 2010
It was a nice juxtaposition of two dates with two guys and ending with the same program and her throwing a fit cuz her mom combined the two. xD That white dress. =) It's sad though if you really think that Kondo just doesn't wanna get hurt again. =(
Feb 17, 2018 1:27 AM

Oct 2015
Akira was so cute this episode especially with the manager :) and that imagined kiss scene though :O

ichii_1 said:
plutomutt said:

I hated that as well as I was reading the manga(partly the reason why I stopped enjoying it) but the anime is doing a pretty good job showing off the manga's appeal even adding to it more than the manga ever did
EGOISTFeb 17, 2018 1:31 AM
Feb 20, 2018 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
Is Kase seriously so fucking lame that the only way he can get a date is by blackmail?! Jackass!!
Feb 22, 2018 6:12 AM

Dec 2015
1st date with that long age gap , sure i dont expect it to go well , both person really feel akward i think , especially kondo , he doesnt want to lose anything so he shut himself . And there’s problem with the blonde , fcking blonde mlst of them become bad guys in anime lol
Feb 24, 2018 10:01 AM
Jun 2014
zzzeally said:
damn kondou-san's inner dialogues are fantastic

yikes i hope there's no more of that kase rapey shit

Series with couples forming early always have this crap. Especially when targeted towards girls (they seem to love pushy, rapey guys for some seriously fucked up reason) or men with cuckold fetishes. A lot of those in Japan i think, as its far from rare in seinen.
Feb 25, 2018 9:23 AM

Apr 2011
Now this anime made it harder to watch because of Kase.

Interesting to see how Akira is so well dressed for tenchou's date compared to Kase.
Mar 10, 2018 2:31 AM

Jan 2015
I'm jealous I want to go to a date too. :'(
I hate this Kase...
Mar 17, 2018 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
Man, here I was thinking Kase would be like Satou Jun from Working!! (Wagnaria) but he a hoe. He's after that Akira booty. Not that I blame him, Akira is pretty hot and gorgeous even though she has a personality problem.

She dressed like she was going to the grocery store when on her date with Kase but looked fucking cute with Kondo-san. Sorry but every time I hear the name Kondo-san, I remember the Gorilla captain of the Shinsengumi in Gintama.

I thought she kissed him, they fooled me :(
臭い-
Mar 18, 2018 8:16 PM

Apr 2015
Wow what a scumbag that co worker is... Akira playing with her legs in bed was really cute hmmmm.
Mar 24, 2018 9:34 PM

Jul 2012
Akira was cute when she was excited about the date :)

Fuck Kase though. I really hate that that character type is in this show, but I guess we'll see what the managaka decided to do with him later on.
Apr 20, 2018 9:44 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
So proud of how she handles herself! And knows what she wants. It's so rare to see young teenage girls portrayed so diligently but with a clear stance on who they are. She's obviously not emotionally mature but that's okay.

And her excited little glee at the phone call for the date made me smile hard.

Akira also looked so cute for her date with Kondo. Down to her hair style and accessories.
Aug 9, 2018 9:15 PM

May 2012
A bit of a shame that she didn't do what she was thinking in that end... that first "date" was horrible... pretty much blackmail right there!

Pretty awful actually, I hope he won't play a bad part in their romance story! The second date with the manager was quite nice though but fun they actually went to see the same movie to be honest!

Looking forwards to see what's next.
Oct 7, 2018 7:49 AM

Jun 2011
First half totally ruined the vibe of this show for me, already saw it coming when she handed him her textbook, the blackmail and shit, expected it and still got annoyed at how forced/obvious it is.

Perhaps they just wanted to make a parallel between first half and second half, but it doesn't change the fact that the first half did destroy the vibe, especially that chef fantasizing about a high schooler's nude with all her lingerie off on the floor, and that sexual harassment when he gave her a forced kiss on the cheek.

Was about to like this a little bit more because of how chill it was, well apparently not anymore.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 14, 2018 6:31 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Kondou is depressed about getting older. Tachibana is blackmailed by Kase.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 24, 2019 4:39 AM

Dec 2016
damn the parallels-

had a feeling they'd make kase the bad guy, but i don't get why so many people on this thread seem to hate him so much. sure, he kissed her without consent, but it was only on the cheek, and he wasn't acting overly 'creepy' in other aspects too.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Oct 7, 2019 2:54 AM

Mar 2015
Makes all the difference depending on how interested the girl is!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2019 1:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That dude is toxic and very oppressive, at least she got her date with the manager.
Jan 16, 2020 11:15 PM

Aug 2017
All right, how much longer until love hotel? Manager needs to take the chance of a lifetime here to pick up a young, hot, new stepmom.

I like the scenes where MC runs fast. Great physique

Feb 12, 2020 2:59 AM

Apr 2009
This show is so adorable. I can't believe Wit studio is behind this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2020 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes you start to think you’ve seen all the anime and all the plots and all the tropes, but there’s always things the creators do to put a new spin on something.

For some reason, it stood out to me that the MC saw the same movie two times, and then went to the same restaurant two times, but with two different people. Then her mother mixed the movie pamphlets together, making the “good” one and the “bad” one indistinguishable. The whole concept seemed so fresh. This was my first time seeing an (episode) plot like this. It’s hard coming up with new material but I’m impressed with their ability to structure an episode/story like this. Clever.

And it was funny how the same middle-aged man went to the movie twice as well, an d both times got spooked. Funny little touch.

The long-haired guy’s a dick. You could tell from the moment he refused to tutor someone after finding out they were male. The fact that he declared to Akira that dating the manager would be a bad thing (in such a malicious manner), as well as the unwarranted kiss on the cheek, really instates his antagonistic attributes. So I understand Akira’s rage.
NONETHELESS, part of me felt bad for him too. He had a little crush on someone and — yes forcibly — took them on a date, but he tried to be nice by paying for her stuff and conversating with her despite her attitude. I mean he really did try to show Akira a good time. Plus he kept the doodles a secret in the end. He didn’t do anything unsavory aside from the antagonistic stuff I mentioned before. Heck, the fact that he was irritated with Akira and started bullying her at the end is almost understandable — it’s human nature to act that way, and I’m sure a ton of people who have watched this anime have done similar things when being refused by their crush (or have wanted to) — which, in turn, doesn’t make him all that antagonistic.
I feel the long-haired blonde (as of Episode 4) is just a portrait of human nature (excusing the lusting after high school girls), and is not really a villain… yet… unless he actively tries to ruin Akira’s relationship with the manager in later episodes (and it’s implied he does when he tells Akira they’ll continue their dialogue “next time”).

Like I stated in the last forum, the manager doesn’t really have a reason to be intrigued by or content with the time he spends with Akira. Akira’s like a wall — she doesn’t do much. Meanwhile, it’s up to the manager to start all the conversations. I felt pretty bad for him on the date. Even if Akira was content, the manager certainly couldn’t tell.

If anything, I was happy that they started expanding on the manager’s character. It seems Akira’s involvement in his life has brought about a depression for him: a longing for youth and a fear of aging any further. It’s nice to seem some inner conflict with the manager.
removed-userSep 14, 2020 8:10 PM
Oct 18, 2020 5:26 AM

May 2012
I like how the anime juxtapositioned the difference of Akira's dates between Kase and Manager. The clothes, the hair and especially the shoes. I noticed lots of closeups.

First date: Kase is wearing nice shoes while Akira is just wearing flip flops
Second date: Manager is wearing nice shoes as well but this time, Akira is wearing sandals with strap (which from previous episode, she said makes her heart flutter)

So far, my only critique in the animation is the numerous panshots of Akira that brings me to the truth that this work is targeted towards the seinen audience. But other than that, such a gorgeous looking anime. Even if it turns out I don't like the story, I'd still watch this to the end just for the art alone.
Apr 2, 2021 12:42 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The coffee was bittersweet, like his youth. Damn. Tachibana was the one who put the sugar in his coffee; she’s adding some sweetness to his life....

What’s funny though is she asked “what’s your number” so you’d think she’s asking for his phone number, but he responds with his AGE but SHE meant how many sugar cubes he takes LOL

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» We need more realistic romance animes like this

Bourriche - Sep 26

19 by Shanti_Einer »»
Oct 6, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

86 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

97 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 25, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

139 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 13, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.