Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is Goto's girlfriend?
Nov 10, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2011
Hello, I wanted to start this topic because at this point in the story it's bugging me on who is Goto's girlfriend!? lol.

Originally I thought his gf was Masayoshi's manager (Sumi Ishihara) but there was no reaction between each other when they met at Masayoshi's apartment. Next I thought it was Mari since Goto's gf owns cute stuff (umbrella), and was a bit childish by the way his gf texts him. But in the end it wasn't Mari, and now I'm thinking it could be one of the girls in her idol group (Mizuki or Moe), or could be just a minor character that is not introduced yet.

Since this is an original work, I wanted to hear other viewer's opinion on who could she be?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2010
I think it's the last option, a minor character that isn't introduced and perhaps will never be introduced to keep things a little mysterious?

I don't think she's one of the idol friends of Mari, why would she be? It's not like anything he has said hints towards that, right? :)
Nov 11, 2013 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
I'm wondering it too!
I don't know who she is, but in the opening Goto is on the beach and a bouquet of roses appears... Has it a connection?
Nov 11, 2013 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
The way i see it is this

She died a while ago, those texts hes getting are ones made by him, thats why he throws flowers off a cliff in the op while wearing a suit.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 11, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2011
Animefanx3 said:
I think it's the last option, a minor character that isn't introduced and perhaps will never be introduced to keep things a little mysterious?

I don't think she's one of the idol friends of Mari, why would she be? It's not like anything he has said hints towards that, right? :)

Yes the way how they have not introduced her does make it more mysterious. It's true that it could not be one of her friends, like I've said I just brought Misawa and Moe up as a possibility because of the few glimpses in the interaction between Goto and his gf. If they end up never introducing her, then idk why they would always show him texting his gf since it would not add any development to the story .
AnaPaulaGoh said:
I'm wondering it too!
I don't know who she is, but in the opening Goto is on the beach and a bouquet of roses appears... Has it a connection?

It might and could be the reason why he is so passive and "no particular feelings towards justice." Furthermore why his gf is doesn't want to see him since he's "no fun anymore."
JizzyHitler said:
The way i see it is this

She died a while ago, those texts hes getting are ones made by him, thats why he throws flowers off a cliff in the op while wearing a suit.

Wow, that is an interesting idea!

Mod Edit: Triple post condensed into a single post.
rodacNov 11, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 12, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2012
Well, Moe seems to be into Mari, so it really likely isn't her. I doubt it's any of them really as they're all introduced to him at the end of the latest episode.

her being dead would be a twist, but a really dumb one.

Pretty sure she's someone who's going to be a more major character later on. Maybe even use her introduction as the end of the first season? Or, I guess you would call it a 'cour'? Anyway, halfway through.
Nov 12, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
vampko said:

her being dead would be a twist, but a really dumb one.
why would that be dumb, it'd be a interesting development and make a ton of sense

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 14, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
I think this could be one of idols,
that's why as a proof that he have a girlfriend use messages,
not picture with him and his girlfriend,
also we don't even know her name.

Maybe in next episode we will find out,
also this will be pretty cool since Mari has a crush on him.
Nov 14, 2013 2:45 PM
Aug 2011
The thought of Goto's girlfriend already being dead and him sending those texts to himself is highly depressing.

AnaPaulaGoh said:
I'm wondering it too!

Maybe his girlfriend will be killed by someone, cue in the beach and bouquet of roses part, and thus Goto will also join in all the hero action.
This is a concern though because it's already on the 6th episode and the woman still remains a mystery.
We're slowly running out of time here for something of this importance to happen.
Nov 14, 2013 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
parfaited said:
The thought of Goto's girlfriend already being dead and him sending those texts to himself is highly depressing.

AnaPaulaGoh said:
I'm wondering it too!

Maybe his girlfriend will be killed by someone, cue in the beach and bouquet of roses part, and thus Goto will also join in all the hero action.
This is a concern though because it's already on the 6th episode and the woman still remains a mystery.
We're slowly running out of time here for something of this importance to happen.
I dont think the show getting that dark is a good thing, its one thing for her to be already dead or die in a accident, but having her get murdered just sounds a bit forced and trying way to hard to be edgy especially for a show with a tone like this has had these past 6 episodes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 14, 2013 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
I simply think she's just a new character who will be introduced in the future.
Nov 14, 2013 4:00 PM

Jul 2011
Other. And I think she is real.
Nov 14, 2013 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
I'm pretty sure she's dead.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 14, 2013 5:50 PM

May 2012
Definitely Mizuki.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Shirubaasouru said:
Definitely Mizuki.
who the hell is mizuki

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 14, 2013 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
man Mr_DaftPunk I love your avatar ;)

you are some little twisted bastards for real, saying her is dead is totally nonsensical. On the other hand I think Goto does have hidden crap. For some reason he seems to have this boring life, he isn't passionate about his job, he isn't that passionate about his gf either (texted her since he got night off in previous weeks, she replied he has changed or something), well maybe he is just a normal guy lol (reminds me of Kyon sometimes) but I think there's going to be something BOOM about him and I'm more on the side of his gf having some dramatic reaction about him being friends/mates with Samumenco
Nov 14, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2012
Can't be any of the Flamenco Girls, nor the manager.

Akanezora said:
I simply think she's just a new character who will be introduced in the future.

^
Nov 14, 2013 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
JizzyHitler said:
The way i see it is this

I had a similar impression from the OP and your speculation is even more interesting.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=677455&show=40#msg25819623

And I think this would turn out to be an exciting development, I will be pretty disappointed if they didn't reveal the mystery of Goto's girlfriend.
Nov 14, 2013 7:50 PM
Jul 2013
Other, we probably won't get to see her because she might be the static character.
Nov 14, 2013 10:20 PM

May 2011
I think she's dead, but I hope she's going to be a new character.

Don't want this show getting to grim.
Nov 15, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
I think in the second half it's gonna be revealed to be something tragic or saddening.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Nov 15, 2013 5:43 AM

Aug 2011
Haruhi.
Nov 15, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2008
I don't think we'll ever know who Gotoh's girlfriend is. I think she's going to be one of those characters that's only mentioned but never seen...like Maka's mother in Soul Eater.
Nov 15, 2013 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
man after reading this thread we are going to all be so disappointed if goto's girlfriend really is just a character not shown up yet with nothing hidden or tragic behind it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 15, 2013 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
I dont' think she is dead. There were ringtones with answer to his texts many times before. My bet is Ishihara, though he has been lying her about his job and place where he lives for some reason.
Nov 15, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
I doubt it is Ishihara. That would be a gigantic coincidence considering that Goto and Masayoshi met totally by accident.

I don't know if dead is right. Maybe she is somehow impaired like in a wheelchair or blind. Perhaps she was the victim of a crime or an accident and Goto helped her and that's how they met. I bet it will become relevant because Flamenco Girl will want to either steal Goto away or even confirm that the girlfriend exists since she now thinks Goto has the hots for Masayoshi. She'll investigate, discover that he saved her life or whatever and feel bad about it.
Nov 15, 2013 8:53 PM

Dec 2012
Ummm, I don't know if guys have a bad memory or what but it's impossible to for her to be Ishihara. Goto already met her when he went to Masayoshi's apartment in episode 2 or 3.

GoGo_Dominatrix said:
characters that's only mentioned but never seen...like Maka's mother in Soul Eater.

Oh yeah, I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see Maka's mom :/
Nov 15, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
Ummm, I don't know if guys have a bad memory or what but it's impossible to for her to be Ishihara. Goto already met her when he went to Masayoshi's apartment in episode 2 or 3.

Yup. I saw people say that maybe they only talk on the phone and never met in person, but in that case why would he have her umbrella?

Nah, I think we haven't seen her yet, but that there's a reason for that. I think her reveal will be significant somehow.
Nov 16, 2013 12:10 AM

Jan 2009
Anmoly97 said:
Other, we probably won't get to see her because she might be the static character.

Yea I agree.

Though I am only basing my assumption on the fact that there isn't any other unknown female characters depicted in the promotional poster.
Nov 16, 2013 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
From the known female characters my bet would be the red haired idol.
Nov 16, 2013 3:14 AM

Sep 2008
neontaster said:
I don't know if dead is right. Maybe she is somehow impaired like in a wheelchair or blind. Perhaps she was the victim of a crime or an accident and Goto helped her and that's how they met.

Oh good!
But maybe because of her accident, he join to police?

Or maybe she will stay mysterious and we will never see her this will be pretty cool, too :)
Nov 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2013
Marow said:
I'm pretty sure she's dead.

So am I. Even though it would be kinda clichéd.
[/size]
Nov 21, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
if the newest episode is seriously legit with the direction the series has taken, she probably died in some incredibly stupid way

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 21, 2013 1:24 PM

Oct 2010
Wow reading ur thread title after watching today the episode 7 i just had to post my prediction abt who might be his GF.
If we go by the happy development , she might be some new character or one of the 3 models or Ishihara though he/she didnt give any reactn to each other when they met at hazama's house , i think the probability of this coming true is less...as i have the feeling that the anime staff might wanna make a superhero anime melodramatic too as it has been with the usual superhero type ones...

Guessing frm that scene in Op song when he throws those flowers frm cliff n also that scene frm episode 7 when hazama asks him why he became a cop n says he got his reason...i m guessing she might be already dead n it might be the reason he became a cop but then it doesnt explain those text msgs he gets [one possible reason i m guessing abt the text msg can be that he has a double personality disorder where he might be timed texting to himself ? lol...]

Seeing that scene in 7 th epi ending where the shit just got turned from a happy light 6 episodes into a bloody gore head chopping rampage by that gorilla villian , this anime might give us more such shock scenes n so the possibility of goto's hidden personality might also come to true ...
Nov 21, 2013 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
Persius said:

Spoiler tag that man,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 21, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2010
She is dead probably cause the opening you see him with roses by the sea pretty much foreshadowed it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Mar 2009
His girlfriend is the gorilla.
Nov 21, 2013 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
Mormegil said:
would make about as much sense as episode 7

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 21, 2013 5:42 PM
Nov 2013
Goto's girlfriend is the ultimate villain. Goto's friend Samurai Flamenco will have to decide whether to betray Goto for justice, or abandon his justice to save a friend. The plot keeps twisting after.
Nov 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Mar 2011
well I'm praying for her to be alive at the end of this series lolz

Nov 21, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
Mormegil said:

She guillotines his cock and then everyone does a little Bollywood dance. The aristocrats.
Nov 21, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
After what happened last episode, his girlfriend could be ANYTHING.
Nov 21, 2013 9:20 PM
May 2009
His girlfriend secret identity would be King Torture. Or would it be Queen? :P
Nov 21, 2013 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
Well in the last episode he says he "had his reasons" for becoming a cop. Could possibly be that he's searching for the murderer of his gf, or that he wants to prevent crime because of something that happened to his gf.

But I doubt this is the case. Chances are he's just in a long distance relationship with his girl and rarely gets the chance to see her.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Nov 22, 2013 8:15 AM

Oct 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Persius said:

Spoiler tag that man,

lol read the thread title and if u dont know , this is an ORIGINAL ANIME [if u knw what it means ] so there is no question of any thing being a spoiler , all we can do is make predictions....
Nov 22, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
Persius said:
JizzyHitler said:
Persius said:

Spoiler tag that man,

lol read the thread title and if u dont know , this is an ORIGINAL ANIME [if u knw what it means ] so there is no question of any thing being a spoiler , all we can do is make predictions....
i was referring to the fact that you outright spoil the twist in episode 7

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 22, 2013 11:35 AM

Oct 2008
Joining in on this late, but it seems pretty obvious to me that she's dead. He was obviously traumatized by it, and has probably deluded himself into even believing that she's alive. He's either texting some sort of bot / chat service, or isn't really sending texts at all, and is just reliving sent and received text conversations already on his phone. What really seals the deal for me is the OP, where it shows him throwing the flowers in what appears to be a mourner's outfit.
Nov 22, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Other. Probably this virtual girl might appear at the end ...
Nov 22, 2013 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
I'm still more interested in Goto's girlfriend than the latest twist....
Nov 23, 2013 2:11 PM

Dec 2012
Valaskjalf said:
After what happened last episode, his girlfriend could be ANYTHING.

This is episode 7 spoiler + speculation -

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.