Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved the female knight this episode! The way she cut through that sword was nice. The Demon Queen looks fine as well. She kinda looks like a nun this episode.

Dat stare:

Another pleasant episode overall imo :3

Jan 25, 2013 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
Seems like female knight is back to being female knight (not as sister) to train the guys.

lol ~ maid chou is too evil!

Wow @ that nervous trade, and seems like the merchant (HiroC's character) is in love with her. Yuusha is afraid of their own relations, it seems.
tsubasaloverJan 25, 2013 6:40 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2013 10:34 AM
Jun 2008
Yeah,war in Kyokkoutou is coming soon xD
Looking forward for the FuyuNoOu joining that war.

Pretty sad they cut off that battle scene between Karyuu and Yuusha.I was hoping the Anime can do that battle scene.Dat Battle scene in the LN is shockingly lame when its done in dialogue style. lol

What sort of nightmare boob is that >_<"
Jan 25, 2013 10:35 AM
Dec 2012
It was so so though I enjoyed it. This anime still lacks depth compared to Spice & Wolf. Everything is betwixt and between: they didn't go further with economy, they didn't go further with agriculture, they didn't go further with romance, they didn't go further with battle, and so on. In S&W, they went deep into commercial trade (e.g. exchange transaction) from the 2nd episode. In S&W, romance didn't happen in early episodes and it was valid cuz neither of the hero and heroine showed romantic interest in each other. But in Maoyuu, the heroine already showed romantic interest in the hero. Nevertheless romance has not developed yet.

When one character said the negotiation with Maou was tense, I felt it was forced cuz I didn't find it tense. Tense was a negotiation between Holo and a merchant in episode 2 of S&W, for instance. S&W was full of thrilling moments from the 2nd episode already. But this anime is not so thrilling yet.

Since they use the same director and voice actors as ones of S&W and this anime has vibes similar to S&W, it's inevitable to compare this one to S&W.
eminagnamJan 25, 2013 10:42 AM
Jan 25, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
Return of the dakimakura!

Poor Maou : ( she needs her Yuusha, when she's sad I'm sad too, do not fret though he'll be back! When it was revealed that Yuusha has actually been coming back but avoiding contact with her and his reasoning behind it I was able to empathize with him but still felt sad for her. He needs to feel useful if he is to be hers otherwise he feels the contract is null but the maid reminds him that he is her's regardless. The preview seems they'll be together next week

The first half with the merchant was interesting in how a confrontation almost broke out with the secret soldiers and demons on lookout at the castle in case anything went awry. Luckily Maou is an excellent negotiator and was able to calm the situation. If it did go wrong though, I don't think those soldiers had a chance.
Jan 25, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2012
God I want more of this series... Out of this season I think I probably enjoy this series more then the rest so far.
Jan 25, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2010
Had a good laugh at that Hug Pillow
Jan 25, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
I want to see the hero in the demon world, too bad, still a good episode! I hope we see him next ep
Jan 25, 2013 11:20 AM

Feb 2012
Still way too scatterbrained for a one-cour anime. It's okay to pick a single direction to run with!
Jan 25, 2013 11:30 AM

Nov 2007
This really should have been a 24-26 episode series. Im sad that they basically put all of Dark Knight's adventures into a 10 second letter. I know Maoyu is not about action but those fights were all really good and I was hoping to see it.

The episode however was still good and the scenes with the merchants and the head maid/hero were nice.
Jan 25, 2013 11:47 AM

Oct 2011
As said it felt a bit rushed... but maybe there will be second season or something.

Negotiation scene was fun - sure not too many details were included but it was nice to see Maoyu using her inteligence (thou I don't think those soldiers were any threat at all).

But I don't get one thing - why Yuusha was hiding? Was he making up his deeds or what was that about?
Jan 25, 2013 12:36 PM

Mar 2010
I know it's not an action anime, but still i wanted to see some fights, or at least more Yuusha and Maou.

Still, liked the episode, can't wait til next week...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 25, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
lol, the head maid freaks me out with those death stares.
Jan 25, 2013 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A tad rushed but fine episode nevertheless. The Hero has a rival in love now so he better come back soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 25, 2013 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
Have to say this is my least fav ep so far. Hopefully next week he'll actully face her. The trade talks were neat, but at the same time felt rushed and the merchant went away with the wrong idea. And if I were the head maid I'ld drag both of them into the same room and lock the door till they sort things out. Ah well.

3/5 from me. I hope we see some closeness for them before the final ep -_-.
RedArmyShogunJan 25, 2013 1:21 PM
Jan 25, 2013 2:00 PM

Jan 2009
Is this anime skipping alot of things from the Light novel? It's seems to be taking big huge leaps now then it's kinda off paced if you ask me.
Jan 25, 2013 2:15 PM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one laughing all my body parts of when the maid talks about
Jan 25, 2013 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
NFlorianWirthG said:

Yea it sucks because its making him feel worthless in the process. You want to be all cool and take down the "bad demons", but unfortunately this guy seems to take their heart emotionally instead of literally, Demon King included :P
Jan 25, 2013 3:03 PM

Dec 2009
... cow

O_o
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 25, 2013 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
I hate when the male of a series acts like Yuusha.
Ignoring Maou for 6 months is ridiculous.

3/5
Jan 25, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2012
The only thing that bothers me with this series is the random time skips. I don't know if it's in the light novel because I haven't read it yet, but I hate when the characters suddenly announce that it has been six months or a a month or two -even a year- passes when everything looks like it just happened yesterday.

I guess this same reason is why Maou and Yuusha relationship looks rushed but not rushed at the same time. It's only the fourth episode for us, but they been knowing each other for well over a year in the series so I can't ask why Maou and Yuusha like each other so fast.

Anyways, this was an okay episode. I hope (and think) next episode will be better.
Jan 25, 2013 3:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"So what you're trying to sell us isn't a product, or a method of harvesting. It's a new idea. Can you even sell something like that?"
-- Seinen Shounin
Jan 25, 2013 3:56 PM
Mar 2008
Seemed like it lasted 3 seconds! No action, just tension and intrigue.
Jan 25, 2013 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
Despite Maoyuu's not that action oriented but I want to see Yuusha fighting those creatures in that world atleast for 3-5 minutes than a few seconds.
Jan 25, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
AceFlonne said:
Despite Maoyuu's not that action oriented but I want to see Yuusha fighting those creatures in that world atleast for 3-5 minutes than a few seconds.

That's pretty much the problem...its barely a fight. It winds up turning into a marriage proposal than actual conflict....
Jan 25, 2013 4:43 PM

Oct 2011
The show is going along well!!
Signature
Jan 25, 2013 4:44 PM

Dec 2007
I liked the episode I think I like the merchant better than Yusha :p
Jan 25, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
That scene where Yuusha is crushed under a pair of gigantic boobs. Cannot unsee.

Otherwise, this episode's pretty consistent with the rest. No big waves or anything, just daily life. They're making some huge time skips but I guess that's cool too. I really want to see Yuusha doing more than being chased around by girls though. Maou is doing the bulk of the work here. Plus, potential love rival? Yuusha should find out about this.

For those who've read the LN, are we missing a lot? Is this series being too fast-paced?

Edit: I'd think by this point the S&W comparisons would stop...they're two different series. The voice actors themselves should not be defining what one series is similar to.
zannettJan 25, 2013 5:02 PM
Jan 25, 2013 6:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Another time skip? And 6 months? O_O Other than that, I'd say this anime is still pretty good. It kind of has the kind of calm feel to it similar to a slice of life. Also, that BGM when the head maid and Yuusha were talking was beautiful. I want the OST to be released now. Interesting how he's avoiding Maou.
Jan 25, 2013 6:56 PM
Jun 2008
red queen getting makeover by the head maid & sis maids to help her to with meet on alliance members give offer them corn & her "reasons".

after hmm wonder if probs give ghost & guard on stand-by all went well give blonde hair purple flower alliance ever tried to ask date red queen while the blue hero give fake letter adventures while hiding under the couch.

give blue hero mention being chased by harpy girls, slime girl, & SUPER SIZE cow girl yet head maid seem wonder way get the blue & red together.

also seem battle might come & yellow knight doing some drill sarge works had talk with big sis maid how it going give bis sis maid doing well wonder am i human?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 25, 2013 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
If they made and sold that dakimakura, I'd bet it would make great promo material for this series.

I kinda wished they showed the epic looking adventures they described with the Hero in the demon world. It seems like they're planning on showing primarily the economic side of things in the story...similar to Spice & Wolf, which is good and all, but just seems wasteful to have potentially entertaining material only to have it mentioned with screenshots in hindsight.

It's also interesting how they never actually give any of the characters names besides descriptions as their titles.

I also don't see why she didn't just flat out turn the merchant down from the get-go. She and the hero have already pledged to each other akin to engagement...
Estoy_GordoJan 25, 2013 7:54 PM
Jan 25, 2013 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
Damn merchant, GTFO of Maou.

So it's been 6months. 6months of Maou waiting for her beloved Yuusha SOOO SAD, seeing her hugging that pillow (ugggggghhh fck!sodkjaosk!!) . I'm not angry with the hero since he knows what's best for Maou.

I love the series so much even though no actual fighting scenes had been shown. Sad only 12 eps. , but maybe a second season or whatsoever. We'll just have to wait.
Jan 25, 2013 7:33 PM

Feb 2012
Damn time is flying by, and Hero is hiding from that demon girl inside her castle lol.

Good episode.
Jan 25, 2013 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
lol this anime has some weird timeframes. it just jumps round and round and round.
Jan 25, 2013 7:58 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was sokayz. It felt a bit rushed.
And the Cow Boobs I was like O_o
Jan 25, 2013 8:01 PM
Dec 2012
NTR Ending CONFIRMED.

Need Doujin of Maid taking Yuusha's Virginity NAO!
Jan 25, 2013 8:24 PM
Oct 2010
NFlorianWirthG said:
Definitely not the only one.

Poor Maou, the Hero may return one day with a monster harem...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 25, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2011
This is one of those animes that I really want to drop, yet also want to know what happens next.
Jan 25, 2013 8:36 PM
Oct 2010
Look at it from Hero's point of view, if you make yourself too available to women or if you show too much interest in them then that scares women away. Men cant say things like "I love you" to women because that frightens them and it makes men look desperate/weak. Nonetheless I dont think that avoiding her completely is the answer either because no matter how much you care about someone if they avoid you or ignor you then its only a matter of time before you get over them and move on. In the story its been several months already and Hero hasnt met the Demon King in person even though he has the power to teleport and meet her every day if he wanted to, he says the reason is because he feels that his role is to fight but she doesnt want him to fight... still though they have been hinting of possible wars in future episodes.

I just hate all these time skips that their doing, they should have showed more of Hero's adventures in the demon realm to make the series longer and feel less rushed.
Jan 25, 2013 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
Leaulux said:
Need Doujin of Maid taking Yuusha's Virginity NAO!

haha, i wanna see that as well :P

But i'm confused, what is this show really about? planting potato and corns?
Jan 25, 2013 9:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
lastvelociraptor said:
But i'm confused, what is this show really about? planting potato and corns?
No, it's about politics and economics. The potatoes, corn, windmills, etc, are just tools used to further their political and economic goals.
Jan 25, 2013 9:33 PM
Jan 2013
It was nice, but what's the main theme of the series? Economy? War? Politics? Magic? Romance? Slice of life? I'm lost.

tezann_t said:
I'd think by this point the S&W comparisons would stop.

I don't think so coz they, in ad break of every episode, keep airing a TV commercial advertising the S&W blu-ray. The viewers would naturally compare the two anime. I haven't seen the commercial in ad break of any other anime.
phoenixdragonJan 25, 2013 9:40 PM
Jan 25, 2013 9:51 PM
Jun 2008
phoenixdragon said:
It was nice, but what's the main theme of the series? Economy? War? Politics? Magic? Romance? Slice of life? I'm lost.

Mao want to build new opportunities and she want to see what lies beyond that. The Anime will soon reveal it maybe at the near end of the series .Mao now only sowing the seed on the ground and it take time to grow >_<

comparing S&W with this is like comparing between flat chest and big boob >_>'
Jan 25, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
Still not sure where this is heading, all over the place atm.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 25, 2013 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
this turninng into a boring anime :/
Jan 25, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
yes i kinda feeling its gettin boring. I don't know if its just me but the manga version of this is much more informative and exciting. Somehow the negotiation of Ruby eye and Merchant in this episode they kept loosing me on their talk, I can't follow the conversation there is no significant highlights or insight, it took me 4x replay on the scene just to know each detail. It would really help if they got like those flash back scene to interpret what their saying. (TT^TT)

but i was disappointed when they cut off Hero's adventure on the demon world
I was really hoping to see some of Hero's battle scene... and I know i'm complaining much but .. o(╥﹏╥)o kkkuuuhh
Jan 25, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
Yuusha
wtf are you doing?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 25, 2013 11:58 PM
Mar 2012
maoyuu the ntr anime. hoping for ntr end.
Jan 26, 2013 3:35 AM

Jan 2011
T-they were so big..things my eyes cant unsee but da fack Yuusha 6months?!
Jan 26, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2012
this guy yuusha can see maou everyday but she hasnt seen him in 6 months loool, this guy must have blue ass balls
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

465 by PankesuPlease »»
Jul 13, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.