Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 4:54 PM

Dec 2021
Premiere screening of the first three episodes in "The First Encounter".
https://gkids.com/2024/06/25/dan-da-dan-first-three-episodes-to-be-released-in-theaters-nationwide-friday-september-13/

If Momo wasn't best girl last episode, she for sure is now, because she's ALSO A TSUNDERE??? Her being a tsundere to calling Ken his actual name and having to make a nickname for him is the most tsundere thing ever. Though whatever, that aside, I like the fact that Okarun got himself an afro and his hair just completely changed for the whole episode, courtesy of Turbo Granny being inside of him ofc lol.

Dude got himself a whole new fit as well, which is also goes hard asf. That little convo they had in their room was so sweet as well. But all's not happy in this show ofc, because right back into the action it is, as we go completely black and white for the rest of the episode as Okuran and Momo go up against another spirit... ANOTHER one out for their genitals mind you. Horny ass spirits lol.

That aside though, if the manga had banging art style that was just and eyegasam to look at, the anime had to no doubt go turbo on that animation if they wanted to even have a sip of that, and turbo animation DID THEY FUCKING HAVE THIS EPISODE MY GOD. Didn't think animation this year could get any better than the absolute sakuga fest that was tog s2 /s.

They beat the spirit in the end though, thankfully, and everything is back to normal... except it isn't because now not only is Momo unconscious, but Turbo Granny's now making her move..

MILF of the year, dare I say decade, should make her aperance next episode.

Sep 14, 5:54 AM
May 2021
Peak ep, was funny in the cinemas. Loving the artstyle!
Oct 10, 8:53 AM

May 2020
I don’t wanna jinx it, as there’s a LOT to come and a LOT to adapt, but man, this adaptation already feels like this landed in the most safe hands, ever. While reading it for all these last few years, always knew this would get an adaptation, and man, to think the familiar craziness and loudness went up a notch with the adaptation, damn. Though hey, this aside, it’s that they brought it up in the first episode, so I kind of recalled again, but yeah, guy is going to be known around as ‘Okarun’, and not his super-stylish-but-not-fitting-with-the-looks name…

… Takakura Ken. Really, they use it so rarely, anyone could forget lol. By the way, yeah, the usual awkwardness will go for a while, because in a way both of them are uber awkward. Though man, not the best of the options to visit a home which is like a place no evil spirit would visit even if they’re completely sane, and they did when Okarun is completely cursed by an antique spirit… hell no lol. The first of many evil spirits, and yeah, you could see the action scenes being lit again.. the people know what they're doing. Also, yeah felt like that one of the last scenes was just the same manga panel adapted into the adaptation lol. Art is goated so, it works anyway.

Now some crazy cliffhanger though to leave things off. An episode or two more I guess it'd take for the turbo granny stuff, so hugely looking forward.

By the way, it would've been REALLY EPIC if they went from black and white(which some good part of this episode was) to full colours the moment Okarun did the transformation... still understandable, but this is some look
Softhenic03Oct 10, 9:07 AM
Oct 10, 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Another crazy wild episode. The director and Science Saru just keeps on delivering!

The black and white visual style gave this episode a neo-noir like look. Momo is awesome imo, not afraid of using her powers to help someone in need regardless of the monster she's facing. Their chemistry is entertaining. With the unpredictable nature of this episode, it felt like anything crazy could happen. VAs did a great job at capturing their emotions here.
Oct 10, 9:06 AM

Jul 2016
Turns out what those kids saw in Flatwoods in 1952 wasn't a barn owl but a kaiju-sized sumo wrestler. Can't blame them for being terrified tbh.

If willingly letting himself get half-cursed gave Ken all that rizz, imagine what fully giving in to Turbo Granny will do for him
Oct 10, 9:27 AM
Apr 2019
This episode was incredible.
Oct 10, 9:27 AM

Aug 2021
i was already convinced after episode 1 but now i'm 100% confident when i say this adaptation landed in the perfect peoples hands. they really get the vibe of the source and perfectly translate it and the characters onto screen. rare to see and i'm glad it happened with one of my favorite manga
Oct 10, 9:28 AM
Apr 2023
fire second episode!! The transformation scene surely hyped the hell out of me!!!! And the animation sure was fire as usual, they used cgi for the flatwood monster, but its decent and not bad at all! Im lookin forward for the next episodeeee
Oct 10, 9:32 AM

May 2023
ABSOLUTE CINEMA. they killed it, it was a really great episode. Science Saru is a very amazing studio, I'm very happy that they adapted this manga that has amazing art and they can give a very satisfying adaptation. The coloring is very cool, they make every moment to have a different color tone to give us a cool experience. Kensuke Ushio with his OST omg every important scene has a very catchy OST. The art is so amazing they keep drawing so amazingly, Okarun Turbo's design is so cool, I really like the flames on Okarun's outfit.

Momo and Okarun have a very cute relationship, I really like the interaction between the two of them, the character writing of the two of them is equally amazing so far. Now I want to see Seiko to debut in the next episode, and hopefully stay consistent with this amazing animation.

NezuSwallowtail_Oct 11, 7:53 AM
Oct 10, 9:40 AM

Dec 2023
The first episodes convinced me to read a couple of chapters into the manga. Not disappointed at all.

I think I'm gonna really like this show
Oct 10, 9:40 AM

Oct 2017
Loved the colorless approach and that transformation looked cool. Quite the cliffhanger ending too.
Oct 10, 9:47 AM
Jul 2024
Another peak episode

Also why are the spirits and aliens so down bad lmao
Oct 10, 9:49 AM
Sep 2018
Anime of the year without a doubt. I love Ayase even more now, she definitely gives tsundere vibes which I absolutely love, the couple chemistry is amazing. Music and everything fits so well, the quality of the show continues to be amazing.
Oct 10, 9:51 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
10/10 visuals.
Crazy story, but it does match the style.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 10, 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode again and next week the sexy milf grandmother of momo is gonna be here but momo is waifu too

also the link between ghosts and aliens is the word paranormal dude okarun
Oct 10, 9:55 AM

Dec 2022
I still don't know what the fuck I'm watching, but I do know we can't let Granny get away with eating Okarun's wiener. The sumo wrestler fight in the shadow realm or wherever was pretty cool.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Oct 10, 10:03 AM

Jun 2019
Okarun is a cool name for Ken. I like it. Aside from that, another great episode with another encounter with an alien who looked quite strong but Momo and Okarun's team did such a great job defeating that guy. YO!!!

But, things might turn on our heads now as Momo is out cold and Okarun's curse is taking over. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 10, 10:09 AM

Mar 2024
new transformation for the nerd to become emo and he has no banana organ
Oct 10, 10:10 AM

Apr 2020
Im totally depressed, yooo~

Episode is a 10/10!
Love it.
Oct 10, 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
Momo was hit many more times and harder than Okarun was and didn't even got a scratch, like she is super resistant.
Good job killing any sense of danger in the future.
Oct 10, 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
They knew what they were doing

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 10:18 AM
Aug 2020
oh yeah

i love it

the perfect duo

i enjoyed every sec
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 10, 10:21 AM
Jul 2022
I am obsessed with this show lol, perfect blend of action and comedy.
Oct 10, 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
btw i still do not get why the banana organ aka penis is so wanted by aliens and spirits
Oct 10, 10:25 AM
Mar 2024
Goooooooooooood!!!
Oct 10, 10:29 AM
May 2022
This show is so midfield that it’s quite annoying how much it’s getting plugged and talked about. Based on the first two episodes, this show is only a three star (out of five) show.
Oct 10, 10:29 AM
May 2022
Quite impressive how the 3D CGI didn’t look like CGI until it moved
Oct 10, 10:36 AM
Oct 2024
DANDADAN İS PEAK
Oct 10, 10:43 AM

Jan 2018
Takakura Ken Okarun turning into a monster and losing control if Momo doesn't use her psychic powers on him for even a little while sounds like a huge pain in the ass superpower. But I guess that's why it's a curse. At least it has comic relief potential.

Funny how Momo refuses to believe his name is the same as her idol so she just made up a new name for him lol.

Crazy episode. That sumo monster or Flatwoods monster as it's called was CGI. And that whole scene inside the shrine area was in black and white. Ngl, that kinda reminded me of Uzumaki. Even though the style was basically completely different it still looked way better than Uzumaki's episode 2 lol. The coincidence is funny.

That was a crazy cliffhanger and the next episode seems even crazier. Can't wait.
Oct 10, 10:49 AM
Jul 2023
great episode..........................
Oct 10, 10:49 AM

Jun 2024
I loved Ken's turbo granny design! It was so fuckin sick dude! So far, this is easily gonna be my favorite anime of the season. Maybe even the year? I have such high hopes for this, can't wait to see more!
Oct 10, 10:59 AM
Feb 2021
As badass as Ken's (coincidence?) ghoul mode was, Momo keeps being the GOAT.

That shift to greyscale was menacing, I wish the creepy doorbell kept ringing as part of BGM for the supernatural shenanigans, fits af.
Oct 10, 10:59 AM
Aug 2023
peak , i think its my second best anime this season , they are cooking
Oct 10, 11:07 AM

Feb 2019
Ok let’s not have anyone get doxxed over Dandadan this week

Dandadan really is just something you gotta experience man no summary will do this justice lol. Say what you will about it but you’re never gonna call this generic. Respect to the mangaka for doing something truly unique here.

This episode does a good job of showcasing Momo and Okarun relationship which I’ve been told is the cornerstone of the series. Their banter, chemistry and teamwork is so fun to watch. Even though they just met, they argue like an old married couple and work together in a fight like a battle tested duo. The fight today was genuinely kinda scary, I love how the aliens and supernatural entities are presented. Okarun’s abilities look dope too!

Why does everyone want bro’s banana too 😭 he got that good shit I guess
Marinate1016Oct 10, 1:27 PM
Oct 10, 11:08 AM

Nov 2013
Epic episode yet again. Cliffhanger ending though.
Oct 10, 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode again, can’t wait to see what happens after this cliffhanger.

Oct 10, 11:18 AM

Jan 2016
5/5, I am very disappointed in Okarun not showing his weiner-less crotch. I knew it was an alien immediately.
She's actually cracked, wonder if her granny who will fight other granny is like... way more capable, cause that would be cracked.
I really like this hybrid power, him getting possessed makes him a very valuable piece the team (minus having to be constantly restrained now, but I'm sure a talisman and/or getting his weiner back could fix.

Oct 10, 11:20 AM
Oct 2016
"I feel like her taking down the barrier will bite them in the ass either late in the ep or show." and then not 10 mins later did it bite them in the ass. I really enjoyed this ep and the fight scenes were very epic pogs.
Oct 10, 11:22 AM

Jul 2022
The direction and camerawork is so fresh
Oct 10, 11:23 AM
Dec 2023
Episode felt like a filler, and I think it was meant to be it, saving more time of animators for more important episodes, Okarun transformation was the highlight of the episode, good cliffhanger at the end, Sumo guy wasn't the best 3D, but composition and colors made it look better than it actualy is. Overall good episode, definitely worse than first one, but still enjoyable. Loved how they used manga paneling style for storyboards at the beginning.
Oct 10, 11:33 AM

Jul 2022
Another amazing episode!

Poor Ken, his name is now "Tabu" because Ayase can't tarnish the image of his favorite actor, although "Okarun" suits him well too. But too bad for him: he lost his balls, literally! They were stolen from him!

The appearance of that alien was so sudden. It seems that the worlds of ghosts and aliens are more connected than they initially seemed in this anime. Okarun's transformation was amazing and his personality change was hilarious. Ayase was the MVP, enduring the alien's blows only to use the talisman and finish him off. Okarun and Ayase make a great team!
Oct 10, 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
I think the art is amazing, the fight is creative where it is more about outsmarting than overpowering. But the humor is not doing it for me. The constant "stop my curse" is just annoying to me when they do it every other minute..
Oct 10, 11:54 AM

May 2015
You know, I love how this anime does absolutely what it want.
Oct 10, 12:00 PM

Oct 2020
Noice Noice. Nothing to say anymore. I trust this adaptation. They're doing good.

10/10 episode, especially because of th grayscaling.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Oct 10, 12:04 PM
Apr 2019
goodddd episodeee
Oct 10, 12:08 PM
Feb 2023
This adaptation is one of the best and it shows. Questionable cgi though lol.

The OST was fire, Ken’s VA is just perfect. Momo I have problems with as she is annoying and even stupid here as she could have been easily killed other than outsmarting the opponent, but well plot armor.

But as you can see, the only criticism I have is manga/story related not anime. This is rare and I am loving it. Can’t wait for the next arcs, where this story and characters get better. A solid 2nd episode, not better than 1st though.
Oct 10, 12:08 PM

Dec 2020
Crazy episode! I hope Ken gets to keep or learn that new form. Momo was super cool in this episode and the animation against the sumo alien was amazing. I can't believe someone leaked the first 6 episodes months ago. I can't wait for the next episode! I want to meet the other characters!
Oct 10, 12:16 PM

Jul 2022
One thing i wasn't super sure about but hoped it would be good was Okarun's voice when he transformed and I GOT WHAT I WANTED HE SOUNDS COOL WOOOOO HOOOOO and oh my god GRANDMAAAA INTRODUCTION NEXT EPISODEEEE that's gonna be epic she is batshit crazy and such a cool character i love her im so exited
Oct 10, 12:29 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sumo alien and a hard and difficult fight!!!!
kekeke
Oct 10, 12:50 PM
Feb 2021
This second episode was ass, bad animations, pointless storytelling, as always the first episode is incredibly done and the rest is mid
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So far, lacks the Science Saru style.

DABUNGINATOR - Oct 13

27 by Oongbuh »»
28 minutes ago

» Dan Da Dan got into Top 2 of Netflix non-English TV Series this week (4.3M views this week)

RealNath - Yesterday

10 by Werch »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dandadan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Aug 6

612 by Liveoliver »»
5 hours ago

» Creepy Nuts.

someguy - Oct 14

34 by black4all »»
5 hours ago

» Manga readers, please gas up the writing for me

APolygons2 - Oct 14

32 by Anees195 »»
Today, 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.