Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 8, 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, this episode is worth waiting for as the heroes and villains clash.

Endeavor's encounter with AFO is important as the two bosses of their sides. It was also cool to see some of the other heroes in action. Bakugo seems particularly fired up to fight against Shigaraki. But seriously, Shigaraki's personality and abilities are no joke. Seems every time we've seen him on screen this season, he gets more and more dangerous.
Jun 8, 1:57 AM

May 2020
Sure Shinsou would be of great help, and so will Monoma, and so will be… all those characters who we haven’t seen for the last 50 or so episodes, but will somehow become a part of this grand plan going forward. Though they did one thing right, and it was to separate all these villains. I mean wouldn’t have made much sense if they all fought at one place at the same time.

Chaotic it was, but yeah, that’s how it will be too, going forward. We know AFO wouldn’t lose to Hawks and Endeavour and neither will Shigaraki, to anyone except Deku, who ironically is at the right place despite that entire bit, looking like a blunder lol. I mean there’s a LOT to talk about love between the three of him, Uraraka and Toga. Though yeah, just see Shigaraki going bonkers here.
Jun 8, 3:08 AM
Sep 2015
Hero Academia continues to maintain its high standard even though the superhero trend from Hollywood side dive down.
Jun 8, 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
So instead of using the opportunity to split up the enemies forces to defeat them in detail they split up their own forces as well? Thats beyond stupid.

I do appreciate Toga getting the chance to meet Urarak and Deku though, but that could have happened at any time other than a climactic battle..

Im ready for this to have awfull pacing and lots of shitty cliffhangers over the next few episodes
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 8, 3:46 AM

Jul 2020
There was a lot more explaining of last episode's plan than I expected at the start. All worth it though for that epic fight with Shigaraki. Best Jeanist was particularly awesome this episode.
Jun 8, 4:07 AM

Feb 2020
Just According to Keikaku keikaku means plan, Shigaraki took a huge debuff to prevent his quirk 🧐

JIKAI: Inflation
eagerly awaiting great sakugas from these battles to come
Jun 8, 4:30 AM

Apr 2022
blud's finger game is crazy. momo having introductions with the gadget chick after 7 seasons jeez.
Jun 8, 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
shinso and monoma are the mvp of this episode

but damn mirko is in trouble
Jun 8, 4:34 AM
Jul 2023
Masterful hype build up god damn. All returning side character got their moment to shine and more to come at that. wonderful.
Jun 8, 4:35 AM
Dec 2022
The main battle or few battles begin in earnest. Somehow the plan does go accordingly. So what will happen next? Hard to wait another week for the next episode.
Jun 8, 4:39 AM
Jan 2021
I was hoping Dabi would battle both Endeavor and Shoto. Maybe in the later episodes, we'll see the Todoroki family battle. I'm really excited for it
Jun 8, 4:53 AM

Jan 2017
Intense!!! Peak!!! I had goosebumps!!!
Shinso looked aweome and I was really happy after his appearance--he will really fit in class A---goshhh how I wish for him to be a part of them! Also, I swear Monoma really was the star of this episode and everything seemed like going well until Midoriya was pulled away by something...and it was actually (my beloved) Himiko! Can't wait for the confrontation between her and Ochaco again, and also looking forward to Dabi and Shoto's fight too
Jun 8, 5:01 AM
Apr 2024
What an incredible episode this was, clearly both the heroes and the villains have their strategies and cards up their sleeves, like taking Deku away from Shigaraki was brilliant, now the one who steals the show in this episode was Monoma, my god, he was incredible using the teleportation and then the deletion my friend what an incredible scene stealer, the guy really became the protagonist as he himself said, now that Shigaraki ending with that power of his hands is going to be incredible to see, so far this season has been incredible may it continue like this , Spectacular episode
Jun 8, 5:02 AM
May 2017
Reply to Nerdason
Just According to Keikaku keikaku means plan, Shigaraki took a huge debuff to prevent his quirk 🧐

JIKAI: Inflation
eagerly awaiting great sakugas from these battles to come
@Nerdason gyatt sir, gyatt 👑🙇🏻‍♂️
Jun 8, 5:04 AM
May 2017
By far my fav episode, like by miles
All they had to do was show the important characters that's all
There was a discount Crust talking
Monoma peak love it
Shoto loved it
Allmight : time for phase 2
* phase 3 will be almost 2 seasons later lol
I read the epilogue chapter that came yesterday
akanoJun 8, 5:09 AM
Jun 8, 5:13 AM
May 2021
Best ep by far still, fr monoma coming clutch this ep. Mirko gyattt frr!
Jun 8, 5:22 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, the big battle is here. And we're not even halfway through the season. Let's see how long this lasts.

I thought they used brainwashing to make Aoyama's families forget getting caught. So they made Shinso do it. I also had a feeling that Kurogiri's quirk was probably copied by the copy quirk kid. He might be an important character now but he's still a side character lol.

Deku was the only guy who didn't go where he was supposed to thanks to Toga. And the battle of Shigaraki is continuing without him as a result damn. How is he gonna haul ass back there? And also, I thought Mirko was a goner after that giant bitch-slap. Wtf did Shigaraki do that nullified Erasure Head's quirk? Gonna find out soon I guess. This season is getting more and more interesting.
Jun 8, 5:26 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
wow this was a good ep!!! best one yet

such SMART ways of using the quirks all round. author has done so well

hype and great animation. rip my bunny girl dude hope she doesn’t die first thing next ep
Jun 8, 5:27 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We got a more detailed explanation on how they fooled All For One like I figured, but I’m glad it didn’t take up a lot of the episode because I didn’t want this episode to end at the same cliffhanger as the last one lol. It’s very cool they made use of Shinso for this, to think he was an antagonist at one point and now he’s one of the coolest characters, and not just him, Monoma also got his time in the spotlight, he’s really one of the biggest components of this plan with his ability to copy quirks, I know he was still played up for laughs with his repeating “pulling the strings” line, but I’m happy for the lad being such an important player.

And I wasn’t sure how they planned to separate all the villains, but putting them all in cages and then teleporting them away in the seconds they had to do so was pretty epic, and not only that, they also made an entire cage to fight Shigaraki in that was specifically designed to counter his many quirks, I liked the scene where it showed how many people are making it happen behind the scenes, my girl Hatsume is playing a lead role for the first time, and Kaminari and Momo are down there as well instead of on the front lines, tho you could argue this is as front line as it gets being the key to defeating Shigaraki and all lol. It’s just very unfortunate that Midoriya didn’t get sent to his planned position against Shigaraki because of Toga, now I’m fearing for all those in that cage, because I can see that easily becoming a “trapped in there with him” situation, that being said I am definitely looking forward to seeing Midoriya throw down with Toga alongside Uraraka, things got excited real fast this season!
Jun 8, 6:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
All Might plan looking solid especially with the coffin in the sky. Tho Deku sadly being separated at the last minute, thanks to Toga determination to catch up Deku. I feel bad for Hawk, not really get the high expectation from even Endeavour to kill AfO right away. So yeah definitely he's the cruel man xd. But seriously tho Toga episode next shall be interesting since she's the person behind All Might brilliant idea failure. Preview once again killed the curiosity by having showed Mirko still alive smh. However back to the main reason why its exist, Toga and her demeanor need to conclude there, for once, and for all....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 8, 6:32 AM
Jun 2019
shits getting nutty. I wonder what shigoomunis power is that let's him transform his body. Also credit music is glorious.
Jun 8, 6:42 AM
Oct 2016
Let the battle begin! Operation separate the villains is off and running. The plan to lure them all into one spot using our two star players has succeeded. Shinso has been training with his quirk since the class battles so he can now use the brainwashing in more advanced ways even if it's harder. Having him be the ones to get Aoyama parents into a state where they can lie to All For One without him detecting is a huge advantage. All For One not knowing feed into his own conceit and arrogance which has led to the heroes being able to implement the next part of their plan. Which is the actual separation of the villains using Monoma to have Kurogiri warp quirk. Monoma always feeling down about his quirk since people mocked him for having a side character quirk but there's no side characters here. Everyone is contributing in their own way to defeating the villains. Having those cages pop up to provide just enough time for the heroes to shove the villains into those warp Gates and spread them out.

All For One being sent to the destroyed villa from beginning of last season, Endeavor and Hawks will take him on. Dabi being sent to the sight where All Might defeated All For One back in season three, where he will face Shoto. Shigaraki being sent to the coffin in the sky which is the perfect place to defeat him. Up in the air his decay cannot spread so much. Especially with all the nifty upgrades the students have built into it during their preparation. They've designed this battlefield just for him. Deku should've been there too but of course not everything can go according to plan. Toga not activating his danger sense is trouble. Shigaraki now has the advantage in his battle since Deku is so far away. Monoma might be able to copy Erasure quirk so that Shigaraki can't use his quirks but his completed body is more than enough trouble for these heroes.
Jun 8, 6:45 AM
Sep 2016
Monoma has deadass been my favorite character in this show since the moment he appeared so seeing him be the MVP and also having the time of his life makes me so happy 😭
Jun 8, 7:06 AM

Apr 2016
Teamwork was mad in this one. Hopefully bunny girl survives.
Jun 8, 8:05 AM
Feb 2024
Okay we’ve already talked about the Windex guy. But Manga isn’t given enough credit, imagine having a child and the doctor looks you in the face instead of “congrats! It’s a boy/girl!” They say “Congratulations! You’ve just given birth to a sound effect!”

Season two: *Bakugou gets kidnapped via warp portal*
Season six: *Midoriya gets kidnapped via warp portal*
My my how the turn tables
Jun 8, 8:38 AM
Aug 2014
did Shigaraki just use Mahito's ability?
Jun 8, 9:09 AM

May 2015
Nice split up section!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 8, 10:07 AM
Mar 2015
the plan is not coming together because Toga dragged Deku to her
Jun 8, 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
The divide and conquer plan is officially in motion. Things went smoothly for the most part, with the one hiccup being Deku getting dragged into a portal he wasn't supposed to go through. It's time for nonstop battles and chaos.

Monoma was pretty amusing in this episode lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 8, 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
While I did expect more action in this episode, I'm satisfied with the long explanation of the huge tactic that gave the heroes a head start in the first place. Shinso and Monoma have huge roles to play in this herculean battle and so far, the pair of them have done a great job.

However, things haven't gone completely to plan. Midoriya ended up being dragged into a different wrap gate by Himiko of all people, where he was shocked that his danger sense ability didn't activate at all. Along with Uraraka and Tsuyu, dealing with Himiko will be difficult.

Even with Aikawa and Monoma, using his copy ability, doing their best to suppress Tomura, they couldn't prevent him in using an unexpected attack that caught them all off-guard, especially Mirko who took the hit full on. She's a tough lady, so I expect her to still be able to fight to the best of her abilities.

Along with other match-ups, it has me excited to see how the other fights will go. Great stuff so far!
Jun 8, 11:02 AM

Dec 2023
In this show, when they are confident in their plans, just assume that it won't end well.

I haven't been the biggest fan of him, but I really liked the new Monoma in this episode. He is truly in top condition!
Jun 8, 11:07 AM
Mar 2023
Great episode. I’m dumb excited for next week
Jun 8, 11:10 AM
Mar 2023
Didnt Crust died? Whos the hero at 11:50?
Jun 8, 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
I appreciate that they're fixing the pacing problems but I think it's wonky in a different way in some place
Jun 8, 2:41 PM
Aug 2020
Came out the day before my birthday! All of my favourite characters are in it! Best birthday present ever!!
Jun 8, 3:59 PM

Sep 2015
Comander-07 said:
So instead of using the opportunity to split up the enemies forces to defeat them in detail they split up their own forces as well? Thats beyond stupid.

I do appreciate Toga getting the chance to meet Urarak and Deku though, but that could have happened at any time other than a climactic battle..

Im ready for this to have awfull pacing and lots of shitty cliffhangers over the next few episodes

If they split the villains, they will have to split their own forces to fight these villains. Can't see anything stupid with this.
Jun 8, 4:13 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the dude that constantly yells "I'M PULLING"

Also, they're going with the plan.

Tho... while they split the villains, they're also splitting the heroes

This means the heroes also only have a few strong ones to fight the "Bosses". And Deku got "caught" by the psycho girl... (not sure how he got caught tho... cause Midoriya didn't fire off his hook as the psycho girl was being pushed into the portal... how did she get Midoriya after being pushed into the portal?)

And apparently Tomura has so many Quirk still... they can't suppress all of them with Erasure's eyes.

___ ___ ___

BTW... that electric students in a room powering the floating platform... reminded me of Pokemon using Pikachus stuff in rooms as batteries for hospitals... lol
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 8, 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Oh, they are gonna massively slow down the pacing and awkwardly end this season mid arc to squeeze out a movie or another season. Sad
Jun 8, 4:34 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ah, so that was their plan and everyone that we've seen so far is involved in some minor or major way. It has been a while since we've seen the copycat, Shinso and some others but they've all served a purpose to win the fight... Or so they thought until Toga pulled a monkeywrench and ruined the split up. No Deku against Shigaraki means they'll have to make due with what they have and with that last disgustingly deformed finger move the bets aren't great.

Either way, I guess this part of the season will partially focus on solving whatever issue Toga has first.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 8, 5:01 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So the is about to begin and all the pieces have been set. Deku got taken into a different side and that really messed plans up seeing he was supposed to be the centerpiece to fight against Shigaraki, but the upcoming episodes are going to be intense. I can’t wait to see them adapted
Jun 8, 5:28 PM
Jun 2008
Is it just me??? So, Deku just going to get dragged by a rope away from the most heinous villain of all time? Like you had a mission but you going to let a fucking rope mess this shit up? No other hero can fuck with you but toss a rope on your arm and you are dogshit? I'm sorry but damn, Kōhei Horikoshi could not think of anything else? I don't write posts like that but this floored me.
Jun 8, 6:34 PM
Aug 2021
When does Deku get to grow massive like All Might did?
Jun 8, 6:40 PM

Mar 2013
Was that Crust helping to push the cages through the portals? Did Studio Bones forget that he died already??
Jun 8, 8:08 PM
Aug 2023
deg said:
shinso and monoma are the mvp of this episode

but damn mirko is in trouble

ye I think Mirko is dead
Jun 8, 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Shinsou, Hatsume and especially Monoma were the pillars of this plan. Gotta love when super secondary characters get their moment to shine.

Fantastic episode. All the explanations were handled quite nicely in terms of pacing and OST at the end sure went hard asf.
Also nice to see Mirko in the group that will fight Shigaraki. I particularly liked (loved) how detailed she was drawn during her scenes and though getting impaled by a bunch of ugly-looking fingers mustn't have been her most dignified moment, I'm just glad to see she will be alright based on next episode's preview.
Jun 8, 10:03 PM

Oct 2007
I usually enjoy the episodes, but this was the first one in a long time that made me feel hell yeah hype! All the mass ensemble scenes were great; loved seeing the different quirks working together to pull off more complex/planned maneuvers.

Bakugou looked feral coming out of the portal lol My boy wants to fight

Also, Chekhov's floating coffin is absolutely gonna crash into the ground at the worst possible moment.
Jun 8, 10:03 PM

Oct 2016
Amazing episode! I can’t wait to see how the fights in future episodes get animated! (8.5/10)
Jun 8, 10:30 PM
Jun 2007
Wow expecting moar epic battles for next few eps. Too bad Midoriya didnt go to the "designated" place.
Jun 8, 10:56 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was fire, pretty good episode, the animation wasn't that great in the beginning but once they got separated and Best Jeanist started attacking the animation got pretty good. And as always, the mangaka hates Bunny Girl, mangaka if you hate her this much then send her to my house, I'll give her the love she deserves.

My boy Monoma is the MVP of the episode, goddamn he's such a cool character, he's one of my favorites, too bad he never gets the screen time he deserves but he finally got his screen time in this episode and it didn't disappoint, he's such an underrated character but man, he's definitely one of the most interesting ones.

Let's see how long they will keep this up before the animation degrades, this will be a long battle after all, every episode will have battles, it's basically battle after battle till the last guy is defeated.
Jun 8, 11:09 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to hawk222
Was that Crust helping to push the cages through the portals? Did Studio Bones forget that he died already??
@hawk222 LMAO, Bones fucked up, he's indeed Crust, they forgot he died already.

They better fix this in the BD version and replace him with a random NPC or something.

Edit: Actually, he's not Crust, after careful evaluation I noticed some slight differences between them, the white hair stripe is in a different location, and the mask Crust uses has a white thingie on top. The fake imitation in this episode does look familiar at first glance though.

Crust:

The fake imitation:

xZabuzaxJun 8, 11:19 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12

129 by Fatephile »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5

153 by Undeadgirl »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

82 by Undeadgirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

86 by Undeadgirl »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

119 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.