Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 27, 2022 8:16 AM

Apr 2018
How are you guys coping with your sunken ship?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2022 8:22 AM
Aug 2021
Miku I miss you😭
Oct 27, 2022 8:22 AM
Feb 2021
I had been suffering since I read the ending on the manga, but now that I have watched the movie, I have finally moved on and accepted who won.
Oct 27, 2022 8:34 AM
Jan 2017
don't know. I cried for Nino in this movie tbh. I just wish there were 5 fuutarous as well
Oct 27, 2022 8:37 AM

Oct 2018
It wasn't about the sunken ship. It was about how it went. They gave us a two seasons filled with great character developments of the four, while the other one was treat like a side character. Same for what happened at the movie when that girl suddenly became a main character, while the other 4 who had a character development became side characters.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Oct 27, 2022 9:09 AM
Nov 2021
I like how he was decisive which kinda gave it a realist vibe compared to other harems, i would have chosen ichika though js
Oct 27, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2021
I am just happy that my fav character won 🀷🀷
Oct 27, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
Guys check out his on hold list
You'll not be disappointed πŸ˜‚
Oct 27, 2022 9:37 AM
Aug 2020
I mean if you managed to somehow not get spoiled consider yourself extremely lucky
Oct 27, 2022 9:47 AM
Dec 2021
suyaxh said:

Good find lmao. That’s quite a lot. He must be a connoisseur.
Oct 27, 2022 9:48 AM
Sep 2021
suyaxh said:

I just did, lmao wtf is that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Oct 27, 2022 10:11 AM

Aug 2017
Dragevard said:
How are you guys coping with your sunken ship?

It's a depression. Would have liked Ichika, Nino, Miku, Itsuki and then last Yotsuba.

Some people were posting about a Nintendo Switch game upcoming. I'll plan to get it; I'm certain a game would have an omnibus format, the ideal way to do it. It is the only way I can cope!

Meggid0 said:
i would have chosen ichika though js

Agreed, she was a steamy one

cglovers618 said:
don't know. I cried for Nino in this movie tbh. I just wish there were 5 fuutarous as well

Let's get the Switch game and make things right
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
They gave us a two seasons filled with great character developments of the four, while the other one was treat like a side character. Same for what happened at the movie when that girl suddenly became a main character, while the other 4 who had a character development became side characters.

Yeah Yotsuba was a stinker. But she had the promised girl status like Love Hina. I can't remember who the promised girl was in Nisekoi.
CarbonMDOct 27, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 27, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 2019
I just stopped caring a long time ago, my favorite girl is always Miku, it's just sad to me that the author made her admit to stop pursuing Uesugi in the last season and her route in the movie is kinda bland compared to other girls.

Also if the movie is how all the manga happened then I just don't feel justified for Yotsuba to be the winning girl, like what mostly holds her to that position is that she is the canonical first girl and they don't dive that much into their relationship in highschool life, so just announced her to be the winning girl doesn't feel right to me. I could be fine with Nino, Miku is a bit odd after what the author chose, Itsuki to me is not much of a romantic relationship and Ichika is a valid option but I don't want her to win after what she had done
Oct 27, 2022 10:35 AM
Dec 2021
I have always been rooting for nino and yotsuba since s2. Later I read the manga and I was so happy that yotsuba won. The only thing that still saddens me is the fact that nino still had feelings for Fuutarou by the end of the movie(wedding day)
Oct 27, 2022 10:41 AM
Nov 2021
ChronoDimension said:
suyaxh said:

I just did, lmao wtf is that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

the profile is interesting, the "on hold" Made it clearer lmao
Oct 27, 2022 10:43 AM
Nov 2021
suyaxh said:

😭😭This guy seems "unique" that profile was even enough to gimme a good idea, never laughed this hard since highschool boys anime
Oct 27, 2022 10:54 AM
Oct 2019
I’m fine with the result tbh, Yotsuba is a good girl, even if Miku was my favorite ☺️ I’m glad it wasn’t Nino or Itsuki!
Oct 27, 2022 10:56 AM
Oct 2019
suyaxh said:

LMFAO WOWWWWWWWW THAT’S KINDA INCREDIBLE
Oct 27, 2022 2:52 PM
May 2022
Im okay with it, however I still can't comprehend that he chose Yotsuba. I'm okay with it but I just really didn't expect it, in fact for the entirety of the 2 season's and the 1st half of the movie I was pretty confident he wouldn't pick Yotsuba.
(edit: I'm team Miku by the way)
Oct 27, 2022 3:10 PM
Jan 2020
only thing that still pisses me off is how everyone got to kiss him and my girl Itsuki didnt, even though author made it obvious she was the 2nd place girl. Apart from that it still doesnt fix the fact that the mangaka just tried to reason his choice by making a ass pull at the end, but at least Yotsuba is a likable character
Oct 27, 2022 3:39 PM
Dec 2021
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
It wasn't about the sunken ship. It was about how it went. They gave us a two seasons filled with great character developments of the four, while the other one was treat like a side character. Same for what happened at the movie when that girl suddenly became a main character, while the other 4 who had a character development became side characters.

I’m team nino/ichika but I got spoiled and then read the manga and watched the seasons again and just recently the movie. She actually didn’t get portrayed as just a side character, they left in many small details which leads to the ending which you don’t realise until you know who won.
And actually a lot of her story kinda expanded as every thing fits into place, however I still don’t think she should of won.
Oct 27, 2022 5:47 PM
Feb 2020
good old drugs and alcohol should do the trick... got me trough the death of my parents and the horrors of the war, but this here is a true tragedy, rest in peace nino supremacy
Oct 27, 2022 6:11 PM
Apr 2021
Praying to God πŸ™‚
Oct 27, 2022 7:07 PM
Jan 2017
Iv'e accepted it and moved to the stage that i find yotsuba winning acceptable (reason being that i was just thinking from my perspective of best girl and not on the fact of the best suited of fuutaro)
Oct 27, 2022 8:40 PM

Jun 2020
I felt for Miku who instantly clinged to Futaro, knowing she was outdone by one of her sisters, and won't have the same relationship she's had with Futaro anymore. I felt for Nino when she cried, knowing she was losing the one she loved. That hurt, seeing as she put the most effort in to fix her relationship with Futaro.

I don't mind that Yotsuba was picked, just how it was executed was abysmal. It's respectful that the anime followed the original story's ending.. but just like the manga; the ending makes no sense. The one who did the least, had the least amount of time to develop wins.. such an abysmal ending to a great movie, and series.

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Oct 27, 2022 10:09 PM
Sep 2020
suyaxh said:

Bruh nice list you got thereπŸ‘Œ
Oct 27, 2022 11:10 PM

Jan 2021
*plays Arigatou no hana on loop*
Oct 28, 2022 2:46 AM

Oct 2018
Harrison7_ said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

I’m team nino/ichika but I got spoiled and then read the manga and watched the seasons again and just recently the movie. She actually didn’t get portrayed as just a side character, they left in many small details which leads to the ending which you don’t realise until you know who won.
And actually a lot of her story kinda expanded as every thing fits into place, however I still don’t think she should of won.
Well, if you think rationally, she would be picked for what she was done to him. But almost what happened throughout the story was the development of the 4 quints except her. I mea why the author wasted a hundreds of chapters of pure development of the 4 while Yotsuba just treated like an advisor when the other characters had problems? And if you'll saying because she was the girl that Futarou met, that's not the point because this isn't like Nisekoi who have childhood promises or sort of. Ichika met him a few moments later, right?

― Natsume Takashi
Oct 28, 2022 3:32 AM
Dec 2021
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Harrison7_ said:

Well, if you think rationally, she would be picked for what she was done to him. But almost what happened throughout the story was the development of the 4 quints except her. I mea why the author wasted a hundreds of chapters of pure development of the 4 while Yotsuba just treated like an advisor when the other characters had problems? And if you'll saying because she was the girl that Futarou met, that's not the point because this isn't like Nisekoi who have childhood promises or sort of. Ichika met him a few moments later, right?

I mean there’s 2 things that could have happened
1- Yotsuba has the smallest character development and that’s why she was picked because she was the most realistic since the start and didn’t have an complete change like Nino.
2- in season 1 let’s say she had about 20% out of 100% development but this 20% has a lot of untold stories which the watcher cannot know until something else happens.
In season 2 this percentage was increased to about 50% with more things becoming known to the watcher and the movie lastly was best for yotsuba - pretty much explains everything and why who she is and why’s she important. And then if you look back at that 20% at the start after watching the full 100% , it becomes more explanatory as to why her character development felt little to none
Oct 28, 2022 3:45 AM

Oct 2018
Harrison7_ said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

I mean there’s 2 things that could have happened
1- Yotsuba has the smallest character development and that’s why she was picked because she was the most realistic since the start and didn’t have an complete change like Nino.
2- in season 1 let’s say she had about 20% out of 100% development but this 20% has a lot of untold stories which the watcher cannot know until something else happens.
In season 2 this percentage was increased to about 50% with more things becoming known to the watcher and the movie lastly was best for yotsuba - pretty much explains everything and why who she is and why’s she important. And then if you look back at that 20% at the start after watching the full 100% , it becomes more explanatory as to why her character development felt little to none
I didn't mind Yotsuba winning in the first place as long as the author treats his characters very fairly. Yes, Yotsuba did developed but that was just happened at the last saga. Her character didn't grow because she chained herself, as she was "sacrificing" everything for the sake of her sisters. That's why Futarou chose her but it felt like a mercy win. I mean, her story was over after the flashback arc. She may be the girl that Futarou married but we should know that she's still growing, unlike the rest of her sisters that grew perfectly. If I would pick, I'll even pick Itsuki because they had chemistry like an old married couple. She's like the girl who hates him, yet she couldn't keep herself from defending him for the common good. She really became the "loving mother" of her sisters, and a great friend/enemy to Futarou.
Natsuki_SanJuanOct 28, 2022 4:05 AM

― Natsume Takashi
Oct 28, 2022 5:20 AM
May 2021
suyaxh said:

Ohh my lord XD
I haven’t laughed this good in a while
Oct 28, 2022 7:27 AM
cinnamon girl β™‘

Apr 2021
OH I AM HAPPY ASF my ship sailed smooth like a baby's butt

#FutSuba

🎐 still at the restaurant
Oct 28, 2022 7:28 AM
cinnamon girl β™‘

Apr 2021
Worsties said:
I am just happy that my fav character won 🀷🀷

TIME TO CELEBRATE πŸ₯‚

🎐 still at the restaurant
Oct 28, 2022 7:51 AM
Mar 2022
Godmadara89 said:
Miku I miss you😭

MY MAN same......
Oct 28, 2022 8:59 AM
Nov 2021
I love itsuki, but i didn't mind yotsuba or any girl win, because futarou and itsuki relationship is just a close friend, even though in the end i think she realized that she was unconsciously developed romantic feeling toward him but yeah its already too late. It will be awkward to watch if their relationship is suddenly mega evolved out of nowhere without a proper building. I'm feeling relieved that they didn't kiss honestly.

If i can be honest, yotsuba relationship with him also have a little amounts of development in the series. Brutely, she wins because she was the girl in the photo and the writer suddenly push her emotion to burst (with some flashback also) to make her sensible. So i think itsuki would still have a good scene if she has 2 or more episodes to develop her feeling (she already have several romantic event with futarou. Just need a little bit of push)

In the end, i still want my ship to sail so i think i will play the game just for itsuki route
conetall420Oct 28, 2022 9:26 AM
Oct 28, 2022 9:16 PM
Sep 2021
I jist didn't like how they did my girl nino
Oct 28, 2022 11:42 PM

Feb 2021
If Itsuki was going to lose anyway, at least let her lose to someone else. Nino I wouldn't mind.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 28, 2022 11:45 PM

Feb 2021
CarbonMD said:

Yeah Yotsuba was a stinker. But she had the promised girl status like Love Hina. I can't remember who the promised girl was in Nisekoi.
Onodera was the promised girl, but the key originally belonged to Chitoge iirc. But Onodera made the promise with Raku.

Oct 29, 2022 12:17 AM

Jan 2021
Damn I feel empty. Poor Nino
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Oct 29, 2022 5:18 AM

Jun 2015
Still to this day, ever since the manga ended, I'm pissed with Negi for wasting such a good series. I'm sorry, but this is one of the series that I truly, truly hate. Which is a very rare occurrence for me to have this much negativity about Gotoubun no Hanayome.
Oct 29, 2022 2:14 PM

Aug 2017
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Onodera was the promised girl, but the key originally belonged to Chitoge iirc. But Onodera made the promise with Raku.

I'm glad Onodera didn't win! So, Yotsuba could have also lost.

Anyway I ordered the Switch game on ebay. I'm gonna use Google Translate to play. I need it to cope
Oct 29, 2022 6:20 PM

Feb 2021
CarbonMD said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

I'm glad Onodera didn't win! So, Yotsuba could have also lost.

Anyway I ordered the Switch game on ebay. I'm gonna use Google Translate to play. I need it to cope
Hey she should've won. I'm still salty about it after 6 years.

Oct 29, 2022 6:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Coped with it once after getting the manga ending spoiled for me

Coped with it twice after finding out there was not going to be an anime-original ending

And with all expectations down the drain, actually did kind of end up enjoying the movie

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 29, 2022 7:43 PM

Aug 2017
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Hey she should've won. I'm still salty about it after 6 years.

Lol I only watch anime, so I never saw Onodera actually not win.

Ichika should've won, and I could've tolerated a loss to tsundere Nino or kuudere Miku. Or even glutton Itsuki. Anyone but the genki girl, how does a genki girl win!
Oct 29, 2022 7:45 PM

Aug 2017
BetaMaleUltra said:
And with all expectations down the drain, actually did kind of end up enjoying the movie

At least they all went on the honeymoon together, and it never showed the losers with other guys. So there is some implication Fuu-kun is going to lay the pipe on all 5
Oct 29, 2022 7:47 PM

May 2020

^^i think this was the correct ending!!!

^^You can check more of this guy's channel if you want some copium!!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Oct 30, 2022 1:53 PM

Nov 2009
Simple, I read the manga while it was still ongoing so I made my peace that Miku lost, years ago.
Oct 30, 2022 2:38 PM

Jan 2021
It's fine, my favourite is Nino, and she screwed up before starting, so I didn't have as many hopes on her as I usually do. Anyways, Yotsuba is my 2nd favourite between the 5, so still fine with it.
Oct 31, 2022 2:35 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I already knew about it from when the manga ended and there were spoilers practically everywhere by those outraged that their favorite didn't win.
Before watching the first season I knew the conclusion. But how we got there, or the reasoning behind it was unknown to me.

Of course I'm sad about it but life goes on and fanmade stuff will be there for awhile still. This series had such an influence (going by the now years of discussion about who is best girl and who most deserved to win) plus there's the merch for those who truly want to support their best girl. If you want to hug your Ichika bodypillow you can.

As for myself... if the VN goes English, I'll be sure to check it out. Until then I'll probably just keep myself busy with other series. That said, if anyone reading this got a good rec for me, my profile comments and PMs are open.
Oct 31, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2008
I am still asking myself why Yotsuba won, I always sided with Miku but to be honest Itsuki really grew on me as she matured. She turned out to be a very nice character and to be honest I would have liked to have seen her walk away with the ring. However, reading all the posts really makes me want to do a rewatch because I am sure I missed something in why Yotsuba was chosen. I liked her as a character, but she seemed to flit and an out of the story all the time without her reason for being there evident. Kinda like the light inside the fridge.
Sigh... I dunno. I really loved the series and wished that the movie had turned out differently or given me a choice.
May the Uguu be with you.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.