Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Edwald is so simple minded, serving as pretty much the muscle among the cast in the show. He and his daugther Jerietta seems to have a somewhat interesting relationship. Compared to him, Jerietta has her warrior mindset as well a heroic-like personality.

If you ask me, Edwald is still a badass, but just way too simple minded.
May 17, 2022 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
So Edvard's abilities as a General is only as best as the weakest link: his own moronic mindset of being a sacrifice for the weak demons in his rank. And his daughter Julietta sharing her concerns to Leo, it's honestly quite worrying for such a strength-heavy buffoon like Edvard to not utilize his strength for the better when he's a stoic, stubborn giant.

To make matters worse, Edvard temprarily called it quits when even retraining his soldiers didn't work, to the worry of Queen Echidna whom summoned Leo for help, whom finds an machine golem to reignite his tact...which it may've been too powerful for lackeys to even make a dent on it. It's classic strategy time for Leo and Julietta to intercept that, and it worked...to call on its brethren hiding in the caves, which Echidna and the other generals lend a help of aid.

At the end of the day, it all hinges on Edvard "teach-and-forget" style that needs some criticism from Leo's insult, and Julietta's words also add to the mix to reopen the mindset of the Dragon General into being a good demon general.

Learn from past mistakes and be a better person.
May 17, 2022 8:22 AM
Nov 2017
Damn my boi Edvard got some nice charcter development.
I wonder what the preview is all about?
May 17, 2022 8:34 AM
Sep 2015
Finally it's DILF Edvard episode, and it has a proper lesson to learn from it. Edvard is basically feature all stereotype of bara character traits, but the end result is very very cute character.
May 17, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2021
man love this show, after last week I thought it was going to be an Isekai but it added soo much depth and intrigue for me, want to find out soo much more. Great series
May 17, 2022 9:19 AM

Jun 2021
I like how Echidna releases stress by going overkill on the golems! The fact that Edvard struggled with just one while Echidna took on three of them without breaking a sweat really shows that she isn't the Demon Queen for nothing. I'm surprised the whole mine didn't collapse.
May 17, 2022 9:21 AM

Feb 2019
I know leo was trying to help edvard grow but damn felt bad for the verbal lashing he was giving him at the end there. Good on Julietta for standing up for her dad. Echidna taking on 3 of the golems easily really just shows the power gap between her and everyone else.
May 17, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Leo's plan to bring Edvard back and make it so that he trains his troops better was a very good one and was some great character development!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 17, 2022 11:34 AM

Mar 2018
Edvard is quite the idiot, but even he realized what it takes to be a good leader. Better than some store managers I know..

What happened post-credits? Is Leo leaving(?), or was this the past?
May 17, 2022 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see Echidna in action for once. Edvard struggled to take down one, but there she was overkilling three of 'em. She's not the Demon King for nothin'
May 17, 2022 12:11 PM

Sep 2018
I guess that's life lessons for all the generals delivered so we can move on now to look a bit deeper into Leo background.

This has been a nice enough show but it does need to liven up a bit I think.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 17, 2022 1:45 PM
May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
I know leo was trying to help edvard grow but damn felt bad for the verbal lashing he was giving him at the end there. Good on Julietta for standing up for her dad. Echidna taking on 3 of the golems easily really just shows the power gap between her and everyone else.

I think that was their plan to have her defend her father so he understood what needed to be done to fix his issue and Leo lashing out at him was f9r him to see it.
May 17, 2022 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
That was another pretty chill, but more thought out episode than the other ones. I liked the approach they took to teach Edwald a lesson on how to be a good leader. Which btw now I'm wondering what that ending was all about. It's pretty interesting tbh.

Now that we've finally gone through every member and their arcs helping them fix their problems and insecurities, I guess is now time we move into another, possibly mainline, topic. Hopefully we can see our main two protagonist interact more as it is the only thing that it's currently lacking right now. But at the same time, all of the previous episodes were kinda necessary to give more personality to the whole cast so they wouldn't just be one dimensional supporting characters.
May 17, 2022 3:03 PM

May 2021
Seems like we're done with resolving the insecurities of the characters. Hope we move onto Echidna now.

May 17, 2022 4:05 PM

Nov 2011
God damn I saw a lot of my younger self in Edvard in this episode. I used to have the same mindset in Work when I would train new employees and what was so natural to me I thought it was easy. So my mindset used to be "What the hell you can't do this? this is easy!!!" Man this episode was real lol.

I like the development and how each side character will grow after their interaction with Leo but after seeing Echidna fuck shit up I want more of her fighting.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 17, 2022 6:10 PM
May 2017
vF_Wackiier said:
Edvard is quite the idiot, but even he realized what it takes to be a good leader. Better than some store managers I know..

What happened post-credits? Is Leo leaving(?), or was this the past?

Seems to be a woman. Another bioweapon still living? Seems to be the past knocking on the door.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 17, 2022 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
My man gotta solve everyone's problems before deploying an army to attack, wonder if we will see that in this season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 17, 2022 9:26 PM

Mar 2020
That's was a good episode. I love the lesson here. The plan worked thanks to Leo-kun and Julietta-chan.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 17, 2022 9:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Late realizing it, but goddamn Julietta is actually so cute. A true god bless to this show with their adorable character design such as Shutina, Lily, Echidna, and then her.

Though as expected its needs more than just an extra effort for Knight Onix to solve those general problem. Even need such a good acting too together with those beauty. So, that's how you teach the old man general how to teach your poor underlings. A basic teaching be laid on him and don't forget about a basic insult too xd. Poor those bunch of machine dolls, thou, should've been not waste in vain. But oh well like Mernes said, Queen Echidna need something to blow off her steam for awhile.

I wonder who's that in the end. Leo sister? Masaka...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 17, 2022 9:57 PM

Feb 2021
Finally the Queen can use her power for a while XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 17, 2022 11:01 PM

Nov 2016
The more demon lord to babysit, the less interested I am with the show. This episode is so talky.
May 18, 2022 4:50 AM

Mar 2013
Julietta's VA did a good job portraying her character. 🥰 Oh I miss those kinds of characters.

P.S. I'm glad Echidna had a fun time trashing those 3 machines at the end. lol
CrazyButNot4UMay 18, 2022 4:54 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 18, 2022 5:29 AM

Jun 2021
astralkill00 said:
Julietta's VA did a good job portraying her character. 🥰 Oh I miss those kinds of characters.

Her voice is so adorable IMO, then in the end after Leo nagging to Edvard, Julietta roasted her own father indirectly, lol
May 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2017
Good for Echidna, she had the chance to blow off some steam. Leo once again splendidly did his job.
May 18, 2022 7:19 AM

May 2018
Leo should change his profession to a counsellor lol
May 18, 2022 8:54 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Edward doesn't have a sense of difference in strength between him and his subordinates and tries to make them match him and that's why he uses a machine golem
May 18, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Not gonna lie.. Juliette do be kinda hot..

Good episode, Felt like a chill episode but done right..
Looks like next episode will be another Flashback or Info Dump
May 18, 2022 10:48 AM
Mar 2022
The preview at the end makes me wonder whether we will get another episode that takes place in the past that focuses on Leo or if this scene is actually taking place in the present and the person at the end is another bioweapon because it looks similar to Leo.
May 18, 2022 5:16 PM
May 2016
I find it pretty hard to buy into the premise of human civilization collapsing with this level of technology being around. With technology 100 years more advanced than what we have and the heroes they couldn't defeat a beefed up medieval force with a limited amount of super-capable individuals who are dwarfed by the 12 heroes (from what we've seen)? Also, the demons were powerful enough to destroy human civilization but to weak to stop an organized, medieval version if it from reemerging (or at least destroy it)? Its definitely interesting as a concept, and makes our main character much more interesting, but I still can't buy this set up.
May 18, 2022 7:57 PM

Apr 2021
xressa said:
astralkill00 said:

Her voice is so adorable IMO, then in the end after Leo nagging to Edvard, Julietta roasted her own father indirectly, lol

I couldn't agree more.

May 19, 2022 6:12 PM

Nov 2017
Every genereal had his own problem, but what's wrong with Edwald is, he wanted every one of his subordinates to be as strong as him, but that was too impossible, compared to his subordinates, Edwald had been training for a long time.
May 20, 2022 5:56 AM
Nov 2018
”Not trying hard enough, that’s an obnoxious phrase. And most of the time it’s being said by the skilled or powerful. A powerful fighter might’ve been born with a more muscular frame. An intelligent planner might’ve been put through a good school from an early age. They discount all the external factors that played a part in their success.”

Complete B.S. speech to give an excuse to the otakus watching. So they aren’t weak and unemployed because they eat potato chips in front of the computer all day. It’s that others have a MUSCULAR FRAME or WENT TO A BETTER SCHOOL.

What an insult to people who work hard to get where they are. ”You say others aren’t trying hard enough!” Sure, when do they say that? It’s just a way to attack them by claiming they say something bad. Rule number one today, paint yourself as the victim when you attack others.

”Muscular frame” only applies to top athletes, and they still work intensely every single day. (And again, when have you ever heard them say ”others aren’t trying hard enough”?) Everyone else is more or less on the same level, and it’s up to you to go to the gym and lift weights once in a while, or be weak. Don’t blame those who actually got sweaty while you did not.

”A better school” So how do people who went to the same school get such vastly different grades and jobs? In my classes when I grew up there were always lazy kids who refused to do their homework. Later in life there are people who refused to work hard at work. Maybe they can just wave that away by saying ”others do better because they went to better schools and they say I’m not trying hard enough, that makes me a victim!”

On top of that there's an incompetent text writer who has the main character say "Oh, Edward, my sweet, summer child!" That's a phrase used to mock people on Twitter. I'm a translator, and if you inserted your own nonsense like that at my workplace, you'd be fired. So now we can't even trust this translator doing the earlier "it's the strong people's fault!" speech correctly, we don't know what he really said. There are many ways to distort speech by changing nuances and removing or changing a word here and there.
HegarMay 20, 2022 6:06 AM
May 21, 2022 3:10 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm... those Golems... Machine Age eh?...

I think Machine Age is pretty much "our modern age" with more advanced tech to combat the overwhelming demon invasion from 1000+ years ago in Leo's world.

Interesting how the Golems are still in working condition after that long.

At least Leo is helping on the side, otherwise Edvard and the others would long be dead.

Tho... this also yet again... supported the fact that the previous Human couldn't win against the Demons even with advanced tech and got wiped out and leaving just Leo.

Which also means the previous Demons are WAY more powerful than our current Demons... cause previous Demons were actually able to kill off a couple of "super humans" like Leo. (we've seen in Leo's flashback there was like 10+ Super Humans, but yet only Leo is left, at least that was what Leo told us in a previous episode)

___ ___ ___

BTW... Echidna went to help combat the Golems... but she also knows "Onyx" is already fighting one of them... how did she know? Leo never told her the plan to use the golems... is she spying on Onyx? (she only went out after the Trio told her Onyx has a plan, but they also didn't mention what that plan was)

But that means Echidna knows Onyx's identity cause Leo wasn't disguised and wasn't cloaked, since Leo revealed himself and both Edvard and Juliette can see him while he's flying in the air.

___ ___ ___

Tho while I stated above that Leo's the last super human, maybe not? we got a sneak peak of someone in a Hooded cloak looking at the Demon Castle.

And the next episode title is... literally "Tokyo 2060 AD"... (hey, that's like in 38 years, better get ready for that Demon Invasion)

Every episode, they add more and more of Leo's past (aka Previous Human world) stuff before they got wiped out and become lost knowledge.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 26, 2022 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
Marinate1016 said:

what do you mean feels bad?
leo literally did/said to edvard (plus golem) what edvard said to his soldiers (plus quimera) ... exactly so he could feel what the soldiers felt

if using someones speech agains't them is a bad thing... then i also know the "don't do to others what you don't want someone else doing to you" life lesson lol

also i think that Julieta counter attack was planned by her and Leo before
winddevil1May 26, 2022 3:22 PM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 26, 2022 3:20 PM

Feb 2019
winddevil1 said:
Marinate1016 said:

leo literally did/said to edvard (plus golem) what edvard said to his soldiers (plus quimera) ... exactly so he could feel what the soldiers felt

if using someones speech agains't them is a bad thing... then i also know the "don't do to others what you don't want someone else doing to you" life lesson lol

This is two weeks old, go cry somewhere else.
May 26, 2022 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
Marinate1016 said:
winddevil1 said:

LOL excuse me?

now 9 days = 2 weeks?

and since when can't i answer something with fucking 9 days? i can't use the forum if i don't watch something the day it comes out?
i would understand 3+ months, but 9 days? really?
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 26, 2022 3:28 PM

Feb 2019
winddevil1 said:
Marinate1016 said:

LOL excuse me?

now 9 days = 2 weeks?

and since when can't i answer something with fucking 9 days? i can't use the forum if i don't watch something the day it comes out?

Yes it does, I promise I do not care. Stop replying
Jun 16, 2022 1:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Edward really had to calm down with his job and how he acted on the other ones because of how strong he wants to be, now it's all good, though I somewhat liked these golem mechas
Jun 22, 2022 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
Marinate1016 said:
winddevil1 said:

LOL excuse me?

now 9 days = 2 weeks?

when some1 responds to u with facts its crying? lol

it more like ur crying (PLZ stop hitting me with facts, i am smarter then u, i am never wrong), ur being salty cause he beat u with facts, he explained where u were wrong

ur responses to him are full of salt awry1 sees that and pretending anything else wont help u

and i have responded even to 10y old posts

@winddevil1
hes just salty

Sugram22Jun 22, 2022 2:43 AM
Jun 22, 2022 6:37 AM

Feb 2019
Sugram22 said:
Marinate1016 said:

it more like ur crying (PLZ stop hitting me with facts, i am smarter then u, i am never wrong), ur being salty cause he beat u with facts, he explained where u were wrong

ur responses to him are full of salt awry1 sees that and pretending anything else wont help u

@winddevil1
hes just salty

Stop crying I promise I do not care
Jun 22, 2022 6:52 AM

Nov 2013
@Sugram22
expected answer from him, surprised he didn't mention his 3 school awards lol

i already ignored him anyway
Jul 5, 2022 6:07 AM

Oct 2010
I dont like to admit it but looking at those sad goblins made me feel bad for them.
Jul 13, 2022 1:33 PM

Sep 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Sugram22 said:

@winddevil1
hes just salty

Not trying to annoy anyone by quoting this but I probably will anyway ^_^

I think perhaps MAL would benefit from having a comments section where people can state their thoughts on an episode, but not actually have to discuss them. The main problem with only having a forum, is that the definition of Forum is a place for discussion, and the all episode threads have the word "discussion" in the title, rather than just "comments" or "statements" so it's understandable that people will assume posts are only made in a discussion forum, by someone who actually wants to discuss them

On the other hand I personally enjoy reading statements or comments even if they're not up for discussion, and there's nowhere else to post them. So maybe a non discussion option would also be useful..

Jul 13, 2022 1:36 PM

Sep 2017
Also, did we all get got right at the start of this episode ?

Jul 14, 2022 12:21 AM

Jun 2020
I agree some factors add up to people who already "succeeded" in life or something big that they achieved, Melnes that was too far even made Lily cry wtf

How I missed seeing Lily and Shutina/Steina, you need a moe to tend things down a notch, okay now wheres the mech tag

So this was their plan impressive letting Edwald take his own medicine and letting her daughter explain to him, would like to see Echidna can express herself in this series she was having fun back there.
Sep 7, 2022 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
Leo giving Edvard a taste of his own training mindset, certainly the only way to get that simpleton to understand his own problems.

Sep 7, 2022 10:01 PM

Nov 2019
Wow pretty cool to see some mecha artifacts and using it on commander edvard to teach him a lesson of perspective.
Sep 10, 2022 11:33 AM
May 2012
Marinate1016 said:
Sugram22 said:

@winddevil1
hes just salty

I dont miss this chance, this is too funny. Watch this episode one more, maybe you understand what is the lesson.

And don't be shocked, have a grip yourself, deep breath..... but yeah replayed a 4 MOTHS COMMENT i know... i know... BUT you will endure it!

Love and Piece <3
Sep 10, 2022 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
toldik said:
Marinate1016 said:

I dont miss this chance, this is too funny. Watch this episode one more, maybe you understand what is the lesson.

And don't be shocked, have a grip yourself, deep breath..... but yeah replayed a 4 MOTHS COMMENT i know... i know... BUT you will endure it!

Love and Piece <3

It’s been 5 months. No way you’re necroing this
Sep 17, 2022 6:54 AM
Jan 2022
Ok episode basic about the warrior and how to teach his subordinates, very common in anime but i wasn’t expecting something revolutionary anyways 3/5
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

141 by Richard170 »»
Sep 28, 9:00 PM

» What happened to the time limit? (spoilers)

RavenSynthesis6 - Jun 21, 2022

6 by Suratu »»
Sep 14, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

72 by handa_cohomology »»
Sep 1, 11:25 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

29 by Tylerr »»
Aug 20, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

78 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 14, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.