Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 25, 2021 9:28 AM

Apr 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The battle against the cancer cell was more intense than expected. All four of them had to work together in order to defeat him. Memory T went super saiyan lmao, that pervaore fist or whatever it was called was surprisingly powerful. Hakkekkyuu delivered the final blow, that was super cool. At least cancer cell was taken out by a "friend" rather than somebody he hated.

Well, happy ending I suppose, pretty sure this is the last episode. Ended with red blood cell delivering oxygen of course.

Jul 2018
wow what a finale, the situation was looking really grim at the start but very glad that the white cells saved regular cell.

that being said, the production team really went all in with this episode, they did a stellar job on everything. the fights were amazing abd memory t cell really went super saiyan there though lmao, that punch was sick af. regardless if the technique was real or wasnt. moving on, quite a sad end for cancer cell though, white blood cell was quite fast there, didn't expect him to kill him all of a sudden at all, not mercy there lol, he didn't even hesitate; but at least its nice that he got killed white blood cell.

this season started out chill and evolved into so much more, never would've thought that some random regular cell dude picking up a bunch of lactic acid would have such a big impact on the story. that scene at the end was kinda sad but really cool as well, ordinary cell really was the mvp of this season. really gonna miss the cute platelets and everyone else, maybe we'll get a season 3 soon?

Jul 2017
The 2-part finale: Cancer Cell (Part 2).
P.S. You don't have to watch the movie! Sorry for the misinformation (since the movie covers Episodes 4 to 8).

I'd swear I hear one of the Harmful Bacteria's VA being Kirito's VA, it sounds damn similar.

The Lactic Acid Bacterias are back, only BIG AND GIANT. Eat those harmful bacteria!

Cancer Cell is such a contradiction, and it looks as if Memory T has hidden his trump card: back to Thymus School and going Bruce Lee levels of "Ora Ora" with his Ultimate Secret Technique: T Cell Perforin Cannon Punch. WUNDERFUL.

What a change as Regulatory T realizes her error and sides with Memory and NK for a quintessential battle against Cancer Cell, and adding U-1146 into the mix for a final finish. For once, the MVP was Ordinary Cell with the partnership of the small lactic acid bacteria.

A good finish for Season 2. Onwards with the Code Black spin-off!
Feb 25, 2021 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
Peforin Cannon Punch! Not going to lie, that was an epic moment.

They really went all out in a war against Cancer. It's the type of finale I had expected with the body fighting against the Big Bad, aka Cancer. I gotta give props to the creators of this show to make the episode as epic as it can be. Kinda funny how Cancer reacted after that attack.

GG Cancer. A pretty cool finale imo. Shame this season 2 is a bit short but enjoyed it overall.

Feb 25, 2021 9:29 AM

Aug 2017
Still so scared to kill a few important characters, the Cancer Cell return felt so unnecessary and I expected a twist with the normal Cell but nothing happended at the end. At least less screentime for the annoying Red blood Cell.

I rolled my eyes in this season. Terrible quality. At least the hype died hard after the first season. 3/10 for the anime.
NurguburuApr 13, 2021 10:59 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 25, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
I rolled my eyes in this season. Terrible quality. At least the hype died hard after the first season. 3/10 for the anime.

i mean at least it was more interesting then the boring slice of life of the first season, this one actually had a story arc
Feb 25, 2021 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really liked this season and the final was pretty good but I'm still disappointed that it was that short compared to the first season, and it wasn't as charming as the first one because I think it's maybe a bit too serious sometimes (we have Black for this now), even though there are some funny moments it's not the same as the first season so it was less entertaining, but I still liked it overall.
Feb 25, 2021 9:35 AM

Apr 2020
I liked this season but it was worse than the 1st for me.
I'm enjoying Black a lot more tho.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 25, 2021 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
Memory T-Cell is so passionate! I think this arc successfully convince us that normal cell can do epic thing that save the whole body, but the question is that, can normal cell really do that? Like take misplace good bacteria to its own place?

I heard the last arc in manga is about coronavirus, maybe they'll make a movie on that? It might interesting if Black's last arc is about coronavirus too, but with a different outcome, death, rather than recover like a normal body.
Feb 25, 2021 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
Once again, Cancer Cell was beaten, hopefully this time for good. But sadly you can't be sure with cancer.

Well, I'm delighted that there's such a high note ending. During the middle of this season I was honestly worried that some of the charm was lost.

Still loved watching it overall, this series is the most entertaining way to refresh your knowledge xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2021 9:41 AM

Jun 2019
Didn't know that I had an aquarium inside me. LoL
A happy ending to the body as our immune cells defeated the Cancer Cell. Everyone in the body helped, even the Lactic Acid Bacteria as well. They got so huge. Another good season, but I still prefer the previous season more.
Feb 25, 2021 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
3/10
Meh finale. Season was overall meh, sadly, imho. It simply lost the charm of the novelty from s1. The series also felt like it hurried too much through the episodes' context and dialogue, which wasn't a good sign, either, even with a reduced episode count. The final battle was on some schlock MHA-like bullshit, too.
Feb 25, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2018
This definitely felt like a downgrade from the first season. Even with it being only 8 episodes long, a lot of the episodes felt padded out to try and fit the running time. I mean, just count the number of times they repeat the whole "good, bad, and opportunistic" bacteria spiel in the last few episodes, or recap what the regulatory T cell's role is, even though it's right in the name. Oh well, at least Black is picking up the slack.
Feb 25, 2021 10:17 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Memory T Cell's hidden punch actually worked, it was lit af too. Regulatory T Cell dodging that punch and realising that cancer cell's not a cell she needs to protect was hilarious. Hakkekkyuu dealing the final blow was sick.

The underwater scene was beautiful, good to see that normal Cell's wish came true. With that the body's condition has returned to normal and everyone's back to their usual work.

Another great season from this anime and I think this might be the last too. Too bad this season was only 8 episodes but all of those episodes were amazing. Gonna miss this anime. Sayonara~
Feb 25, 2021 10:19 AM

Mar 2020
A few highlight reel moments in this episode. Peforin Cannon Punch was extraordinary and Hakkekkyuu getting the finish on the cancer cell looked phenomenal.

Our time with this season has been cut short sadly. Look on the Brightside though. We still have Code Black!

Feb 25, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
That technique was absolutely beautiful. The anime was cute and wholesome with some sad elements added to it alongside some very cool fight scenes.
Will really miss this anime <3
9/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 25, 2021 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
Did these past 4 episodes cover the movie that came out?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 25, 2021 10:40 AM

Sep 2019
T Cell's punch was hilarious. I really liked White Blood Cell's attack too.

This was a fine season in my opinion. The lack of Red Blood Cell was the thing that I didn't like about this season. The first season was better and more enjoyable for me.
Feb 25, 2021 11:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Entertaining and an intense episode for the finale!

Cancer cell is finally taken down for good now at the hands of his friend but the MVP has to go to T Cell. Even managed to wake up the former classmate of his with that special punch. Touching backstory to boot, that was nice.

Nice to see the Good Bacteria arriving to save the day for Normal Cell and co. Didn't expect to get three episodes of the little 'uns (even though I know the main focus was obviously elsewhere) but it was nice to keep up with them.

All in all, it's been a really good season but definitely a watered down version as compared to the prequel. Also, 8 episodes is a little too short imo. Even worse is that most of us didn't get a chance to catch the movie on theatres. Less Sekkekyou and Macrophage-san scenes ;-;

Going to settle with a solid 7/10 hence.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 25, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
I'm not ready to say goodbye to this anime. Hope we get more.

I feel like the cancer cell is going through DABDA.

I love the person who thought of translating a fairly mundane line as "get the cell out".
Feb 25, 2021 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
definitely weaker than season 1. while that ending with the good bacteria was pretty...too much focus on plain regular Cell and those adorable good bacteria. alot of main White Blood Cell too.

at least it kept its colorful charm and cuteness...and we got Backwards Cap, more NK Cell, and T Cell’s punch thing
7/10...woulda been an 8 if was a full season
Feb 25, 2021 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
And so it ends. Tbh, even though I liked the previous season more, this was still enjoyable. My only grip was that the main Red Blood Cell got sidelined and that the segments they adapted felt way shorter than the ones of the first season. At least it got a determinate plot with the lactobacillales and the return of Cancer Cell in the last episodes. That fox-shaped oportunistic bacteria voiced by Yukari Tamura was a welcome surprise as well.

Well, will wait for a sequel if it ever comes. Hopefully they will adapt the coronavirus chapter that will server as the ending of the series.
Feb 25, 2021 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
Preferred this season to the 1st one. This season seemed to have more of a plot and also it also felt more serious then the 2nd season which I preferred also.
Feb 25, 2021 1:17 PM

Oct 2020
Regulatory T cell doesn't care what you look like and do to others or the environment, but only cares about correct spelling on documentation. Loved the way she dodged that though.

Feb 25, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2018
Well, it's come to an end. I honestly didn't care for the plot of the second season other than the last couple of episodes. It felt like they completely ran out of ideas so they went with a story arc approach lasting a few episodes compared to the episodic nature of season 1.

6/10
Feb 25, 2021 2:03 PM

Dec 2016
E enjoyed this season ^^ but I liked the 1st season better. I'll give 7/10 for this one.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2021 2:08 PM

Dec 2018
lol i forgot this was the last episode
Feb 25, 2021 2:20 PM

Dec 2016
Arkaisen said:
Regulatory T cell doesn't care what you look like and do to others or the environment, but only cares about correct spelling on documentation.

Hey, I was wondering, did you simply copy-paste that comment from gogoanime? Either you are the same person or simply like the comment >.> I smelled something fishy when I realised I saw the same comment from there XD

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2021 2:25 PM

Jan 2021
I'm gonna miss Cells at Work :( I wish there were more episodes. Season 2 was definitely different than season 1. Season 1 was more happy-go-lucky while season 2 was deeper. The animation was amazing this episode. I loved the fight scenes and I can't believe I teared up for a cancer cell (。╯︵╰。) His last word were gold and I also teared up at Ordinary cell with the Lactic Acid Bacteria. I'm really gonna miss this show. Would it be too much to hope for a season 3? Time to read the manga!
Feb 25, 2021 2:30 PM
Oct 2020
Im sad its over now. The second season was so short but sooo goood.
Feb 25, 2021 3:04 PM

Jan 2012
And so the Lactic Acid Bacterium save the day, and probably the season honestly as the story arc surrounding those cute little guys was easily the best part of said season. I'll give this a 7/10, same as the first season. I am a little disappointed there was only 8 episodes. I assume this was because the spinoff show got extra episodes. Maybe I'll watch it eventually, but I honestly feel no desire to atm. Oh well.
Feb 25, 2021 3:10 PM

Oct 2020
PurpleGirl203 said:
Arkaisen said:
Regulatory T cell doesn't care what you look like and do to others or the environment, but only cares about correct spelling on documentation.

Hey, I was wondering, did you simply copy-paste that comment from gogoanime? Either you are the same person or simply like the comment >.> I smelled something fishy when I realised I saw the same comment from there XD

Just liked the comment

Feb 25, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Peforin Cannon Punch was quite epic not gonna lie!

Pretty sad it's already come to an end, but it's a happy end. Cancer Cell has been dealt with and the body is back to it's normal state.

Was nice to have a bit of a story arc in Cells at Work for once. Pretty good executed, just feel that with only just 8 episodes, it really is short :(

Still enjoyed it a lot!
Feb 25, 2021 3:35 PM

Aug 2016
That Cannon Punch, forget JoJo, was that a Fist of the North Star reference!
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 25, 2021 3:36 PM

Apr 2018
Cells at work season 2 is finally over wioth that being said it was pretty good, I would say that fighting against the cancer cell in this season was epic, especially the M-Tcell Peforin Cannon Punch.

Although it was a bit short I would give it an 8/10 because of that.
Feb 25, 2021 3:40 PM
Aug 2020
Not as good as the first season, but still entertaining.
Feb 25, 2021 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
Storm1988 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Too bad we didn't get much new content. We got 4 eps then 4 eps which are just basically the movie in TV format.
Feb 25, 2021 4:21 PM

May 2020
Seigyosei T Saibou knew she had to dodge that Punch or else lol!
The way Hakkekkyuu slashed the cancer cell, perfect and sly ^^
They should rename the ending to 'The Little Cell' singing under the liquid of gut xD (yeah sorry, I'll see myself out)
Feb 25, 2021 4:24 PM
Aug 2020
MomoSinX said:
Storm1988 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Too bad we didn't get much new content. We got 4 eps then 4 eps which are just basically the movie in TV format.

I didn't even know there was a movie, but that explains why half the season was just about the good bacteria. I also felt that Red Blood Cell got kinda shafted this season.
Feb 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Dec 2020
It's over already?! They could always just fill the last 4 episodes with platelets going "Ano ne! Ano ne!" and macrophages going "Ara ara!"... I really won't mind!

This season dragged a bit despite being shorter but it was still great. Needed more RBC, though. This show: Not enough RBC. She even had a new kouhai that we barely saw. Code Black: WAY too much RBC. He's in literally every scene even when he's just standing there doing nothing and has no purpose.
Feb 25, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2017
Definitely worse than the first season. The production value was pretty bad overall. The death shot of the cancer cell was pretty cool at least. The whole cancer ark with the normal cell derping around with helpful bacteria was a nice break from episodic stuff, but the first few eps were pretty meh. If only the production was a little better.
Feb 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Jan 2020
A battle that takes place day after day, against bacteria, viruses, cancerous and harmful cells, I cannot estimate how many problems our body saves us from, it is amazing!

Only I saw a difference in the 3dcg design at the end of the chapter? I understand that these years you need to use this tool but combine it with 2d designs, it is very noticeable, not only in this show but in many more

Now to wait for the movie, this arc of bad bacteria was very informative, but there were less interactions between the other characters so it does not exceed the first season, even so David P. as always did a great job, congrats!

またね !

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Feb 25, 2021 5:43 PM
Sep 2018
Kind of sucked that cancer rerun was the final, but it was a decent part of this arc. The lactic acid bacteria arc was in general terrible, made worse by the fact it sucked up 5/8 of the season. And RBC being reduced to a side character. The narration this episode was particularly bad. Season should have ended at episode 3 and would have been just as good.
Feb 25, 2021 6:15 PM

Aug 2019
Finally, it's over. Every episode was boring.
Just like the first season, 3/10
HarvestorFeb 26, 2021 12:11 AM
Feb 25, 2021 6:37 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty underwhelming sequel to be honest. Since they made that random "bacteria-nanny" cell the MC it got quite boring.
Feb 25, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
Memory T Cell's "secret" technique was super dumb but hey, it got the job done at the end xD

Pretty fitting way to conclude this second season. Fight against Cancer Cell sure was intense but thankfully, tables could be turned in the end once Lactic Acid Bacterium managed to find his other good bacteria friends. WBC dealing the final blow looked pretty badass, by the way.

Overall, as good as the first season in terms of content. Such a shame it was only eight episodes long this time tho.

8/10 - With two seasons out, I now hope they can also adapt the Covid chapter at some point in the future.
Feb 25, 2021 6:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Perforin Cannon Punch~
Good thing T-cell memories got an evolved one, so that chemical reaction could be activated. Its even disillusionized T-cell Regulatory from her self-immune system mistake. However, its not enough to gave the cancer cell a good pressure. Until what happened lately in the depth of intestine ocean.

So thats how they ended up the whole cancer live, not even used any outsider help this time. Enough with a good bacteria hordes deep at intestine environment. They took control it again from the demonic bacterias invasion. The cancer cell survival ability progression to be lethal could be pressured down easily, thanks to that later situations. Good educational information from the balance-good of intestine environment that mostly responsibles to the whole immune body system to defend the body formed a beautiful sceneries called intestine flora. what a wonderful healthy body you've got there, whoever you were xd.

Even though i am still dissapointing its just end at 8 episode marks exactly, not even adapt the latest chapter from the manga, about the latest body challenge issues. However, since the educational element still on point from A to Z, the cuteness just overloaded all over again, and the soundtracks just sounds too good, especially the ed theme. I guess i can't do anything rather just give this first tv series in the winter to finish a satisfying score. Personal statement make it an obvious.
8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 25, 2021 6:57 PM
Jun 2017
A very informative and entertaining final episode. Love this one
Feb 25, 2021 8:28 PM
May 2019
I didn't realize this only got approved for 8 episodes. alot of shows this season have weird episode amounts alot have 11 instead of the standard 12. though considering a lot of the shows are being done via remote work due to Covid-19 I guess that was to be expected.
Feb 25, 2021 9:56 PM

Mar 2018
White blood cell killing the cancer cell was pretty sick. So was that P punch from the memory cell.

I'm not sure if it was just me but I didn't enjoy this season all too much, maybe it's because of the random cell being the main character for a while (and lack of RBC).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

58 by mo_lave »»
Oct 13, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 28, 2021

69 by mo_lave »»
Oct 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

103 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 18, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

60 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 3, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 11, 2021

59 by PokefanPT »»
Jun 30, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.