Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2018 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, groups being established and alliances formed.

In the aftermath of Arima's death, we got more building up towards th next stage of the story. Kaneki makes this group known as Goat so that humans and ghouls can co-exist together someday. Heh, that almost sounds like an impossible dream.

Less action this episode as expected. At least the story has some sense now.
Nov 6, 2018 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
Goat/10 episode.

Kaneki looked so sexy in this new uniform

DennossNov 6, 2018 8:18 AM
Nov 6, 2018 8:20 AM

Jun 2009
oh come on why doent the show more urie squad stuff or more of mutsukis rescue did they cut all the scenes of them out too just show kanekis side :(
Nov 6, 2018 8:45 AM
Nov 2017
As a manga reader, I was very positively surprised by the way they handled the changes from the original work. Now, of course, I won't get into any spoilers, but when they began making changes to the paper work, I was disappointed :
So far (Season 1 and all) they did a great job adapting it even though some scenes were cut out due to the faster pace of the anime.
But now, I can say that I'm looking forward to seeing what other alternatives they can bring to the manga, even though it seems to have a similar ending to the manga (judging by the seasonal teasers).
Nov 6, 2018 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
As bad as this adaptation has been, the park scene with Akira was well done and will probably one of the best scenes of this season.
Nov 6, 2018 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Okay an improvement in quality clearly, they focused on the story more this episode which I'm grateful for. At least shit is understandable now. But I think there's a lack of dialogue and a lot of the characters feel a bit too monotone.
Nov 6, 2018 9:58 AM

Jan 2017
This was actually a good/enjoyable episode
ill give it 5/5 simply because its likely to be the best of the show
Nov 6, 2018 10:04 AM
Oct 2018
If they skip a few of the million fights and rush over the story a little to give us nice, not horrendously animated, episodes like this one for the rest of the season I'll be pretty happy. Anime onlys will be confused as always (no Arima Squad explanation and whatnot) but the enjoyment was definitely there as a manga reader, more so than the last couple which I also enjoyed. Plus they did some moments really well, especially the Mado stuff just like Arima's death last episode. (And all of Kens scenes were great)

Nov 6, 2018 10:18 AM

Jun 2014
When they don't put a bunch of mindless action scenes and actually take some time to explain what's going on, a pretty decent episode can be made. This is probably going to be the best episode of the season so let's enjoy it while we can.

I liked that last scene with Touka and Akira in the park.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Nov 6, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
This was the first pretty good episode of Tokyo Ghoul I have seen in a long ass time.

There was actually some substance in this episode. The pacing was still fast but not as fast as before, and there were some impactful scenes without all the mindless and draining action to hamper on it.

The park scene was sweet.
Nov 6, 2018 10:30 AM

Oct 2015
I loved the moment between Akira and Toka.

Toka is really amazing man, the way she handled her in the conversation and I just hope she will change her feelings of resentment towards Amon. She should learn from Hinami from not resenting her father.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 6, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2017
Biology said:
As bad as this adaptation has been, the park scene with Akira was well done and will probably one of the best scenes of this season.

agreed. that scene is way more above in quality than what else we see in the anime
Nov 6, 2018 10:40 AM
Oct 2017
they're gonna skip the fucking aren't they
Nov 6, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2017
this was actually a pretty decent episode. the pacing was so-so, at least no mindless action. the characters look damn good, tg:re s1 had a weird filter over it so all the colors were bland af, this time it's done right

bitchassdarius said:
they're gonna skip the fucking aren't they

i think there's like 20+ chapters 'till that is supposed to happen
uninstallthegameNov 6, 2018 10:58 AM
Nov 6, 2018 11:06 AM

May 2014
I just caught up. After 2nd season I thought it is impossible to ruin Tokyo Ghoul more. Obviously, I was wrong. They ruined everything important.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2018 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Solid episode, man I hope that they're going to maintain at least this quality till the end, cause there will be some juicy moments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2018

NEXT EPISODE: FURUTA THE TROLL.
Nov 6, 2018 12:01 PM
Mar 2018
This was the first episode of this season I actually somewhat enjoyed, I actually understood what was going on here.
Nov 6, 2018 12:17 PM

May 2017
Biology said:

Agree with this, really well crafted.
Nov 6, 2018 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
The plot may still be flying by before anyone can understand what's going on, but even with that being the case I'm still wholly invested in this show's characters, so seeing the interactions between Amon and Kaneki, Akira and Toka and Akira and Amon made this one of the best episodes since Re began; at this point I honestly think the show would be better served with more character work than half-hearted, completely rushed fights and plot, at least based on how this season has worked out so far.
Nov 6, 2018 12:29 PM

Apr 2015
The park scene was for sure the best thing of this season so far! Quite emotional. More Screentime for Touka, which I am quite delighted for! Need more! Also need more Hinami screentime!

Overall pretty solid episode!
Nov 6, 2018 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
And GOAT was born!
Meh, Hinami is too good.
Nov 6, 2018 1:12 PM
Nov 2015
This was a great episode, it was really cute towards the end. Also, ummm...

KANEKI IS A WHOLE SNACK IN HIS NEW UNIFORM.

...tryna smash

on gawd...

can't wait for next week's episode.
Nov 6, 2018 1:34 PM

Apr 2014
The Akira scene with Touka and Hinami in the park was nice. That was the only scene I loved so far. Everything else. We already know. XP
Nov 6, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2015
Disapoiment they skiped
straight to GOAT,
Nov 6, 2018 1:48 PM

Aug 2016
Huh so they the skipped the part where they get those suppressant drugs right? That sucks, that part really made Takizawa my favorite character in the manga.

Preview for next episode does not look good either, they really are skipping the whole Mutsuki stuff from the island? I mean of course they were gonna leave stuff out if the wanna adapt the whole thing in the remaining episodes (the anime was doomed from the beginning) but come on...

Oh and Kaneki coming to save his people in Cochlea was suuuper anticlimatic and lame but the end of the episode was pretty neat.
GreeenSpongeNov 6, 2018 1:52 PM
Nov 6, 2018 1:53 PM

Jan 2018
Hey this episode was actually pretty decent.
Nov 6, 2018 2:21 PM

Oct 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
When they don't put a bunch of mindless action scenes and actually take some time to explain what's going on, a pretty decent episode can be made. This is probably going to be the best episode of the season so let's enjoy it while we can.

I liked that last scene with Touka and Akira in the park.

I agree with that. It provided some much needed character development and wasn't a complete mess of randomly skipped chapters that make no sense in the long run. But overall, it's still not enough to redeem the series. Hopefully it gets better from here. (wishful thinking)
Nov 6, 2018 2:35 PM

Nov 2017
It wasn't a bad episode, the pacing was actually fairly decent and they actually slowed down for the emotional parts (the park scene and hug between Hinami and Akira was sooo good).
It helped me like the anime before, but also made me hate it a bit more?
If they can adapt this well and make a scene more touching than the manga (imo), why not just. slow down and do the whole series in a slower tempo?

I don't buy the whole "budget restriction" for not making a 22 episode anime or something, because Tokyo Ghoul is huge in Japan lmao. They really couldn't allocate money for one of the top selling mangas?
Nov 6, 2018 3:29 PM
Sep 2017
Dennoss said:
electromagneto said:
Um, the characters (Quinx Squad) you called 'faggots' are the main characters of this series, while Touka and the others are side characters.

Ye, too bad me and I assume most of people don't give a shit about Quinx. They are so boring and trivial to me. I read the manga and I'm watching anime just for Kaneki's story and his mates from Anteiku. This whole Quinx arc looks like a filler, even in the manga.

Eh, I personally found Urie's character arc way more compelling than Kaneki's. Does he matter to Kaneki's story? Not much. Is he a well written character? No doubt about that. People loved his character arc, and you can look up the manga threads if you want.
Nov 6, 2018 4:14 PM

Jun 2017
Probably the most normal episode so far, see, it can actually be enjoyable if they slow down....
Nov 6, 2018 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
Easily the best episode so far. The park scene was really good and well directed, mainly thanks to the slower pacing. They should focus more on moments like this. It is pretty obvious that they are not able to show fight scenes in a decent way so they should focus on characters development moments.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedNov 11, 2018 11:35 AM
Nov 6, 2018 4:53 PM
Apr 2016
This was by far, and quite sadly, the best episode of either :re seasons.
Nov 6, 2018 4:56 PM

Sep 2014
I wish I can understand this park scene, but yet I can't. This season is rushed and bad af. As a non-manga reader I don't understand almost anything from this show and as well can't take this anime serious after seeing the total worthless previous episodes + Kaneki again get ultra personality transformation. This is riduiculous.
Nov 6, 2018 5:03 PM
Apr 2016
Can’t blame you man. Even as a manga reader this show gets me confused. It’s the worst adaptation I’ve ever seen.
Nov 6, 2018 5:35 PM

Apr 2017
They keep cutting so much important shit from the manga. This is such bullshit. I thought maybe after last episode with the Arima scene they'd have slowed down a bit, but it's still just flying through shit and cutting out things. Touka scene was good.
YorakirroNov 6, 2018 5:55 PM

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Nov 6, 2018 6:15 PM

Jan 2017
I liked the slower pacing of this episode as it gave the feeling that everyone is just absorbing the aftermath of the raid and situation.
With this episode it really honed in on the premise of alienation and stigmatisation which was an aspect the drew me in very early on and now they're conveying the growing emothetic attitudes towards ghouls -that seems to have come kinda late;the role of sympathisers should've been introduced long ago rather pushing it in a single sentence pretty much.
By the way, can any of the manga readers let me know if they've gone past the supposed kaneki X Touka sex scene 'cause ideally want to know how that'll be adapted to the age rating (which I believe is R-17+)
Note:
I really should read the manga, I know! But I really like manga with action sequences to be seen in a more dynamic format
tidoesstuffNov 6, 2018 10:31 PM
Nov 6, 2018 6:55 PM
Apr 2016
@tambi33 That scene will be skipped altogether. We’ll probably get a hint and that’s about it. Will happen within the next couple episodes.

Man, they still have so much left to adapt in a handful of episodes. What a fucking mess!
CruicruiseNov 6, 2018 6:58 PM
Nov 6, 2018 7:14 PM

Aug 2017
Probably the first and last good episode from the anime. Touka and Akira scene is amazing.
NurguburuNov 6, 2018 7:17 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 6, 2018 7:19 PM
Mar 2014
Ah so finally GOAT finally got revealed. Touka telling Akira she killed her father finally happened as well!
Nov 6, 2018 7:56 PM
Mar 2016
Wow!
Hinami-Akira scene is the first time a TG:re scene feels emotional for me!
Maybe because everything is rushed up that I can't figure out what's going on, but I know the story of Akira's father and Hinami's mother from the first season which was pretty emotional.
Nov 6, 2018 8:55 PM
Jun 2017
Vote GOAT!!!
For the unity of Humans and ghouls... hahahaha..
Nov 6, 2018 9:30 PM

Mar 2018
Oh, finally an episode I can thoroughly follow. An emotional one too, no less. A lot of characters from Season 1 gather in one place? Nice!
Now it's hard for me to choose between Hinami and Akira for the best girl title. Wait, Kurona has grown into a beautiful lady as well.
I watch anime for the fan service plot since I don't really like ecchi but it just so happens that it is included in mostly the good shows I like. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 6, 2018 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
This week on Tokyo Ghoul Re Season 2,

Character talk about things? What blasphemy!

Yeah, I'm still lost on this, I should probably just read the manga from the beginning instead of trying to salvage something from the anime.
Nov 6, 2018 11:44 PM
Aug 2017
Dennoss said:
Kannei said:
oh come on why doent the show more urie squad stuff or more of mutsukis rescue did they cut all the scenes of them out too just show kanekis side :(

Kaneki's side is much much more interesting than these faggots' from CCG.

Have to disagree about that since some of the stuffs on the CCG's side in interesting and really important to the future events, especially things about Quinx squad and Furuta.
Nov 7, 2018 2:03 AM

May 2016
This is infuriating, the scene with Touka in the park was actually rather good, partially because it takes a bit of time and seems genuine, but more importatnly, I know these characters, so I know what they're on about.

For most of the episode, I have no clue who half of these people are.
Are they new? Doesn't seem so, they are acting like I'm supposed to know them. Were they redesigned and I can't connect the dots?
I defended the first season, but this one seems to exist exclusively for those who are intimately familliar with the source.
Nov 7, 2018 2:07 AM

Apr 2018
Probably the best episode so far, also animation was nice.
Anybody noticing Mutsuki in the preview?
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Nov 7, 2018 6:13 AM

Mar 2016
Kaneki looked quite sexy in his black costume.

I feel like Touka is finally talking like I had imagined her manga version to talk.

They removed a lot of things that I was looking forward to see. I know Tokyo Ghoul is a weekly series, and I am completely fine with a few things bring cut. But, they actually skipped a whole arc! Again!!

Why did they remove that awesome scene where Kaneki declares himself as the One Eyed King? It looked so cool and creepy. Plus, they replaced it with something completely boring!

Does any anime-only even remember Ogura? I know that I had forgotten him when I was reading the manga.

Well, the next arc is my favourite and the least favourite at the same time. I like everything that will happen in it, but I just don't like the ending.
Nov 7, 2018 6:35 AM
Jan 2017
this episode make me cry .. when touka bring akira to ghoul kid and they like understand each other and make akira lossing her grudge..
Nov 7, 2018 8:04 AM
Apr 2011
Probably the best episode so far. The park scene was good and the best part from the episode and this season. To bad they skipped kaneki
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

251 by L_13832 »»
Sep 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

205 by aurora_yuuki »»
Sep 25, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2018

75 by Surshshushshabs »»
Jul 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

174 by ermost »»
Jul 25, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.