Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2018 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I actually like how they bought back the manager's son this episode. Always felt like Akira and him had a cute sibling-like chemistry.

Masami's relationship with his son is cool. The bro-fist! I think in general, this episode was interesting for the fact that it shows more of Masami's personal life when he's not at work. He seems like a normal average day guy. Very relaxed personality.

The scenes with Akira hiding were kinda awkward lol
A nice balanced moody and lighthearted episode.

Feb 8, 2018 9:39 AM

Apr 2016
Wet Tachibana ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also she was pretty jelly in this episode.
Feb 8, 2018 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
Yuto kun is so good boy!
Tachibana wipes everything and everyone aside if they interrupt her way with Kondo.
Feb 8, 2018 9:50 AM

Feb 2017
Yuuto is such a precious child! And he wants to visit his dad more often... that's really cute.
And Akira fell out of that closet so majestically, right? :'D
This episode was adorable, I liked it a lot. I would like to see nothing but Akira and Kondou-san together!
Feb 8, 2018 10:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yuuto is such a great kid, a delight to watch him :D

The whole hamster deal was hilarious, laughed my ass off, too when Tachibana saw the group cracking up xD
Feb 8, 2018 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
I thought something different would happen at their house, I'm not sure if it felt kinda fake or actually real because it didn't fell into stereotypes lol Yuuto-kun basically forgot all about her? Tenchou is pretty careless for leaving the door open, but I guess that's normal in Japan when you're leaving for a short period of time? Anyway, loved to see more of the relationship between tenchou and his son, they're so cuteeeeeeeeeeee together. And Yuuto really wants to be more with his father, so so so cute. Akira was acting as a mom to Yuuto nghgnhgn <3 The way she looked at her shoes together with tenchou's and his son~ she wants him soooo much.
The one thing that bothered me this episode was that I felt kinda bad that Tachibana was all jealous of the tenchou being happy with their coworkers. I mean, she was right that they should go back to work, I know how it feels, but at the same time she was super jealous and I thought she was a bit selfish since all the manager wanted was to be friendly with his employees. BUT tenchou's reaction, the blushing face and the "okay" made me think that he understood her feelings and actually didn't mind at all. Adorable. Ending felt a little out of place there, but anyway. Just give me more, this is too good.
Feb 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Jan 2012
...why do I have the strongest urge to watch Hamtaro? XD This was just the healing episode I needed after last week's obnoxious date episode and some anxiety I had earlier today. Yuto's such a good kid, playing wingman for Akira like that. He's the kinda kid I can get behind: energetic, slightly mischievous, but not in a mean way. You can tell he's got a good heart, and a good dad. For what it's worth Tsubu was sort of a wing-hamster of sorts too. Helping Kondo socialize with his employees more. Ah hamsters, the fatter the cuter...possibly the only animal that can be said about actually. XD
Feb 8, 2018 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
They didnt follow up the drama with Kase and Tachibana, I liked that they didnt put too much into that.

Anyways great ep as always! a lot of adorable moments, Yuto's a great kid (but seriously, everytime I hear him talk all I hear is Naruto)

The hamster business was a lot of fun, and Tachibana being jealous was a delight to watch.
Kondo noticing he's feeling happier recently makes me happy for him, he's been quite delicate when it comes to stuffs around him (mostly because of his age)

Great series, keep it up.
Feb 8, 2018 10:38 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
she is sooo gorgeous, dem close ups lol
Feb 8, 2018 10:38 AM

Nov 2014
Now that's more like it.

Kondo's son, Yuto, almost murders Tachibana. not really By Yuto bringing Tachibana to their home, she gets a chance to learn a bit about Kondo—and feed more of her lewd thoughts about him. Kondo is really into reading, and, apparently, wants to be a writer as well? His staff's eagerness to help him with his new hamster opens communication opportunities between them, but makes him less accessible to Tachibana. Tachibana's solution for this was pretty hilarious. XD

Loved this episode. Even Kase was kinda helpul. He's not evil as I thought he'd be.

5/5
Feb 8, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
I like Yuto, he's a pretty good kid. The hamster he has is so cute. He completely forgot she was in the closet lol. Masami's relationship with his son is cool. They even do a bro-fist!
Feb 8, 2018 11:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I loved how she got jealous of the rest of the staff. They're pretty cute together.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 8, 2018 11:05 AM
Jan 2014
This show literally couldn't be better. The first good show Wit has made, and they're blowing it out of the park.
Feb 8, 2018 11:28 AM
Mar 2015
Hamsters really are serious business
Feb 8, 2018 11:38 AM

May 2017
Surprisingly a very calm episode, and the MVP goes to Tsubu the hamster. \ /
If you read my post here, check out my full thoughts on the episode @ www.tyrantdominus.com
Feb 8, 2018 11:41 AM

May 2017
-Stray said:
They didnt follow up the drama with Kase and Tachibana, I liked that they didnt put too much into that.

Anyways great ep as always! a lot of adorable moments, Yuto's a great kid (but seriously, everytime I hear him talk all I hear is Naruto)

The hamster business was a lot of fun, and Tachibana being jealous was a delight to watch.
Kondo noticing he's feeling happier recently makes me happy for him, he's been quite delicate when it comes to stuffs around him (mostly because of his age)

Great series, keep it up.

I totally agree with all the points you made, I'm glad they took a softer tone to this episode
If you read my post here, check out my full thoughts on the episode @ www.tyrantdominus.com
Feb 8, 2018 11:46 AM
Nov 2016
Hiding in the closet was a noob move....

Nice to see Tachibana forge a bond with Yuta.
Feb 8, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Really nice episode.
Yuto's a good kid. :)

Loved the family vibes we were getting from this episode with Kondo, Akira and Yuto. :D
That shot of Akira when she said she wanted to know more about Kondo was absolutely stunning. :O

Akira's eyes when she saw everyone crowding around Kondo were absolutely fiery. xD
Apparently everyone owns hamsters these days. XD
Feb 8, 2018 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
I admit, part of my want somethink like that

Feb 8, 2018 12:25 PM

Nov 2007
This part was rather relaxing in the manga but nothing special yet they kind of animated it with a lot of shoujo-ish scenes to make it livelier. I think the voice acting has been really very good so far.

It's been a while since I read the manga. I am assuming the next episode will have Haruka appearing again.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 8, 2018 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
Akira already practicing as a mom and hamsters are the shit.

Episode had really a lot of cute details again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2018 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Why all the chapters have to be so perfect? the romance here is so well made, makes me want to get a job and fall in love with my manager in rainy days, weird thing
Feb 8, 2018 12:49 PM
Oct 2017
This series feels kind of creepy and artificial, I can't get interested :(
But the hamster was a 100
Feb 8, 2018 1:05 PM

Feb 2016
Lol, everyone were so lost with the hamster lmao.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 8, 2018 1:08 PM

May 2016
I loved how they changed the place of there conversation from the restaurant to the Manger's house and damn we got a lot of fan service today not that I complain xD.
Feb 8, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2018
I guess Kondo-san owe that hamster a lot. It's also nice that they brought Yuto back. This is like the first time I saw Tachibana got angry in Kondo-san. Then, she went from squad to solo. Just for the hamster. Still, it was a great episode!

P.S. : Kase killed off my comedic relief. Just seeing him makes me.... You get what I mean.
Feb 8, 2018 2:56 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Yuuto is really cute, I hope we get to see more of him & the hamster that he has is cute too.

Seems like Tachibana got jealous with him spending more time with his coworkers, surprisingly they all know the needs of a hamster :P

I liked this episode, was pretty relaxing.

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Feb 8, 2018 3:05 PM

May 2015
The scene where Yuuto spilled the drink was absolutely gold. God, I love this kid.

Fantastic episode as usual!

Feb 8, 2018 3:10 PM
Feb 2018
This episode warmth my hearth! There's a different kind of interaction between Tachibana and Kondo. Kondo didn't blush when talking to Tachibana before, but now there's this kind of lingering feeling. This relationship is going at a slow pace. SO MANY FEELS!!!
Feb 8, 2018 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, seems like he isn't divorced for long, the boy is some five years old only probably.
On the other hand, Tachibana is pretty possessive, jealous and her stalkery character could be a problem in the future. I would be doubting too if I was in his place but it's also true that all men like when a woman shows affection towards them.

If they ever got together they would probably need to face strong prejudice, rection and disdain from their relatives, coworkers and friends. The gossip would the worst I guess as their relationship could be the reason why people would stop going the his restaurant.
Feb 8, 2018 5:18 PM

May 2014
Okay but Kondo's son is adorable and him and his pet hamster might have made for the best wingmen ever!

Imagine a feverish high school girl just falling out of your closet like that? So many guys would kill for that! XD

Not much actually happened dramatically this episode, but by the end of it there's a huge feeling of advancement with regards to Kondo x Akira. They're definitely getting closer.

God, I really love how this anime does things. I just feel like so many romance anime get caught up in the big things and the melodrama, but this stays pretty down to earth throughout.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2018 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
This is easily my favorite episode so far. I really enjoyed the visual metaphor of looking into Kondo's study and seeing his true passions. It gives a glimpse of his love of reading and writing, but shows there is still more to learn about him. It is one of the best unspoken characterization I have seen in a while in anime.
Feb 8, 2018 5:37 PM

Nov 2010
Fetishism can be seen here and there this week.
Feb 8, 2018 5:58 PM

Feb 2016
This anime is so good
Feb 8, 2018 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
Tachiban is a more competent boss than Kondo. She stormed the staff break room and sent them packing back to work.

As usual the scenes and motifs are simple, yet enchanting. The part where Kondo is ready to leave the laundromat, but it's raining, and Yuuta and Akira show up with a spare umbrella. That gave me a warm feeling. I wish someone loved me like that.... sniff LOL.

But seriously, this show builds on the characters without a false urgency. One watches them and learns. I really relate to Kondo, he and I are both avid readers. My day is wrecked if I can't read at some point.
Feb 8, 2018 6:18 PM

Jan 2017
Yuuto = my favorite character of the entire show.

Feb 8, 2018 6:43 PM
Jul 2015
Loved the episode. I'm definitely starting to get the feeling this show would be better binged tho, I'll probably rewatch it after its done airing to really feel what the story is when its condensed
Feb 8, 2018 6:51 PM

Mar 2010
I think Yuto is closer to 8yo than 5. No matter how laidback his mom might be, a 5yo going poof equals a panicked call to the police. >_>

Was I the only one who practically heard Akira's mental "YES! ADDRESS GET! /fistpump" at the start of the episode? XD If this show had chibis, that's where there'd be one. lol

It's a little scary just how instinctive it is for how a woman goes after a man once she sets her mind to it.. Never even had a boyfriend, but she already (subconciously?) knows that if she gets in with his son, she's in with him. <_<
Feb 8, 2018 7:06 PM

Dec 2015
Episode was a hit and miss for me. I feel like was the drop in production quality + it felt like a filler. Didn't think Tachibana could get any creepier/prettier lol, she really is something else.
~
Feb 8, 2018 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
those effects, those bubbles, I love it
Feb 8, 2018 9:30 PM

Feb 2011
This anime never stops to amazed me, I really love it: another awesome episode!!!! :)

I really love the chemistry both Kondo and Tashibana brings towards each other: they really do make a perfect couple. XD
Feb 8, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
good pick me up from last week back to the fluff i enjoy so much from this show ,lol episode reminded me of how much of a awkward dork Tachibana is she over stayed her welcome in the closet wayyy too long!
Feb 8, 2018 11:13 PM
Dec 2016
Amburu-Hime said:
This series feels kind of creepy and artificial, I can't get interested :(
But the hamster was a 100

i think you should drop it if you still feel that way
Feb 8, 2018 11:24 PM

Dec 2016
Yuto is probably my new favorite character in this show because he is just too adorable/funny!

Also the way the bubbles are used to show Tachibana's emotions is pretty cool and unique
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 9, 2018 4:21 AM

Dec 2014
well that was entertaining..Tachibana got jealous of of a sudden...that was so out of place...
Feb 9, 2018 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
The whole falling out of closet thing was hilarious! Over all a great enjoyable episode.
Feb 9, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2014
This was a nice episode, none of Kase being a creep and more focus on Kondo's personal life, something which has been sorely lacking so far: if the shows wants this romance to work, it needs to develop both of them and allow both Tachibana and Kondo to develop their understandings of each other as people, something that this episode definitely made a good start on doing. It was also funny seeing Tachibana get jealous of her co-workers in relation to their treatment of Kondo thanks to the hamster, as that's a side of her we've not really seen much of either.
Feb 9, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2013
EVERY EPISODE IS WAY TOO CUTE DAMNIT

I like how she yelled at them to throw them out ahahah! Since the beginning Tachibana is really a good character and she's very bold, it's so... FRESH. Hope the ending will be as bold
Feb 9, 2018 9:57 AM

May 2015
Liked this episode, scenes with the son were refreshing.
And those blushes are so cute.
Feb 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Mar 2015
"I didn't need all those business books, all I needed was a hamster!"
real college life advice right there folks

Loved jealous Tachibana! She's so adorable, and Kondo's blushes are what I live for. This anime is killing it!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» We need more realistic romance animes like this

Bourriche - Sep 26

19 by Shanti_Einer »»
Oct 6, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

86 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

159 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

139 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 13, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.