Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2015 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so we got Golden Freeza vs Goku in his Super Saiyan God form.

Beerus' presence during the fight made this episode feel more comical especially with his appetite and the food. Funny. The episode was tense I guess with the battle atmosphere. Lol, Jaco is still somehow relevant. I thought he would of left long time ago

But yeah, Freeza's new form is a lot stronger than most of the fighters had originally thought. Goku D:
Dec 26, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
The animation is still garbage as ever for TV broadcast, Jesus!. Fucking TOEI does really not care about their show or what?, especially having the amazing DB franchise which one would think that it would've gotten a good budget to produce and giving it top notch animation force in these times. Even the Blu ray's won't fix this sloppy mess completely either, a shame. Hopefully the next arc gets a better treatment.
Dec 26, 2015 7:34 PM
Oct 2012
Yep, it's official, they're not even trying anymore.

No...they're trying....trying to be as worse as possible.
Dec 26, 2015 10:36 PM
Jun 2011
finally we see champa and beerus meet each outher for me this was the highlight of the episode
Dec 27, 2015 7:15 AM

Jun 2012
Such bad animation. I will say here again, i am hoping they are saving their budget for the tournament arc. If that arc gets as bad animated as these first two then they are only ruining Dragon Ball. Oh well, at least the manga chapters are awesome.
Dec 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2010
The first half was actually intriguing. A few off model shots that I don't care because that's to be expected, and bunch of eye candy still shots.

Then the second half happened. Almost 100% of the scenes were off model, fight "animation" sucked... not to talk about the choreography of the fight itself, TERRIBLE. This is not Dragon Ball, feels like some generic fighting anime.

At least it had its pieces of non-garbage looking footage. This would be enjoyable if the fight choreography was better, like what happened almost 30 years ago with the original series.

Better than the last episode, but still boring.
2/5
Dec 27, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2008
Yep, this has become Generation Bitch because thats what people do all the damn time, bitch and moan about stuff on the internet and are never satisfied with anything.
Dec 27, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2012
HollowIchigo58 said:
Yep, this has become Generation Bitch because thats what people do all the damn time, bitch and moan about stuff on the internet and are never satisfied with anything.

What? Do you think they are doing a good job? /facepalm
Dec 27, 2015 12:34 PM
Nov 2013
Animation could've been better, but i'm used to them dropping the ball by now.

Still entertaining, although I do not get the same ''Omg epic!'' with fight scenes like I used to.

People gonna hate and I dislike GT, but even GT had batter fights.
Dec 27, 2015 12:44 PM
Jun 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:

Wow, top notch critical analysis on why people who think this is shit are wrong right there.
Dec 27, 2015 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
Like everyone said, the animation is very poor but maybe they are saving the best for the next arcs.
We all want to see the arc with champa, nobody cares about this battle with frieza, we know what is going to happen and if you want to see this battle with better animation, you have the movie.
Dec 27, 2015 1:31 PM

Jan 2012
25. An All-Out Battle! The Vengeful Golden Frieza
Original Airdate: December 27, 2015

Goku has transformed, and everyone is astonished by his power. Jaco attempts to document it by photo, but Bulma stops him after learning it might put the Earth at risk. Frieza tries to attack Goku, but his moves are too weak. At Goku's urging Frieza reveals his newest transformation, Golden Frieza! The two continue their battle while Whis notifies Bulma that he's on his way with Beerus for that Strawberry Parfait. Suddenly, the two are stopped, having run into their doppelgangers. It turns out they are Champa, the God of Destruction for Universe Six, and his attendant Vados. Beerus demands to know why Champa is there, thinking he seeks Universe Seven's most delicious foods. When he swears that isn't the case, and after a near clash, the two parties go their separate ways. Champa asks Vados how many of something they have, to which she confirms five. He hopes they can get the last two without Beerus catching on. Beerus and Whis arrive on Earth. Frieza panics when seeing them, but Beerus assures him he won't take sides. He will, however, protect his food, causing the Z Warriors to comedically huddle around it. Jaco asks Bulma to take a picture of him with Beerus, but she talks him out of it. As their fight resumes, it appears as if Frieza has gotten the best of Goku.

Pretty much a basic retelling episode. The Champa and Vados scene was new, and certainly interesting. Manga readers will know what is being foreshadowed here. Everyone else must wait until Champa's arc begins in late January. :D I still love Frieza's fear of Beerus. I find Beerus so charismatic sometimes. :D That aside, not too much else to note this week. I suppose they did make Frieza's dominance in the fight a bit more pronounced than in the film, but will it last? :P

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Does not appear.

Did You Notice?: Goku now powers up to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in the opening group shot.

Next: Goku's Counterattack!
Dec 27, 2015 2:41 PM

May 2015
R4D1C4L said:
The animation is still garbage as ever for TV broadcast, Jesus!. Fucking TOEI does really not care about their show or what?, especially having the amazing DB franchise which one would think that it would've gotten a good budget to produce and giving it top notch animation force in these times. Even the Blu ray's won't fix this sloppy mess completely either, a shame. Hopefully the next arc gets a better treatment.
I conur 9,00% with you... I sound like a broken record by now but as a die-hard DB fan I rage at this sloppy art so hard that even I can turn into a Super Sayajin God, this make me mad, is like you said in your statement does TOEI really care about this franchise??? I hope Champa arc gets a better treatmen.
Dec 27, 2015 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Golden Freeza vs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku was so meh!
removed-userDec 27, 2015 3:47 PM
Dec 27, 2015 4:24 PM

Mar 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:

Take off the nostalgia goggles.

Roy_Focker said:
I concur 9,00% with you... I sound like a broken record by now but as a die-hard DB fan I rage at this sloppy art so hard that even I can turn into a Super Sayajin God, this make me mad, is like you said in your statement does TOEI really care about this franchise??? I hope Champa arc gets a better treatment.

At least there's people like you that are not so blinded to see the shit that TOEI is doing to DB, but hopefully the next arc gets a better treatment.
Dec 27, 2015 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
Frieza be lookin like jeff the killer

Dec 27, 2015 5:11 PM
May 2013
i'm still enjoying the hell out of this but it just doesn't feel like the next chapter on the main storyline. the original series had truly dramatic moments where the fighters found their backs to the wall with no way out - the closest we got to that here was Gohan getting semi-killed by Frieza.

i'm also very uncomfortable with the sloppy moves, speed and power shown by the so-called "Gods". i know there's just so much that the animators can do with the current available technology, but i'm sure SSJ Goku and SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ3 Goku felt a lot faster and powerful than SSGSSJ Goku, Beerus, and Golden Frieza back then. i think it's sort of a tradition to showcase the new transformations as all-powerful and really badass, then slowly make them seem less impressive, but come on... SSJ Goku shook the world apart, but Super-God Goku gets a little lightshow and that's it? give me some consistency.
Dec 27, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Golden Frieza is here and beating up Goku

Jaco OMG XDD

Beerus and Whis met the other gods from the sixth dimension
Dec 27, 2015 7:54 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Goku looked very slow here. I thought Ultra buff Future Trunks was slow but SSGSSJ Goku was just too slow here. He pretty much owned this episode. Them ki blasts just awful, especially the ki blast tug of war. The animation back then was better. The video below show how good the fight scene and kamehameha looked. Then looking at this episode, it just feel so poor, especially the explosion. Gohan said take cover but the explosion was so weak.

I really miss that kind of animation.

Vados and Champa appear. Guess the new arc should begin soon. It'll be fun to watch.
I found it funny how Champa dissed the food in the 7th universe lol

Dec 27, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2009
im just watching this just to see the story but the action/battles are not really exciting because of how pathetic the animation quality is lol
Dec 27, 2015 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
N1ghtShadow said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Its true all people do now these days is bitch about shit on the internet just because there NOT satisfied and your one of them.
Dec 27, 2015 9:14 PM
Jun 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:
N1ghtShadow said:

Its true all people do now these days is bitch about shit on the internet just because there NOT satisfied and your one of them.

True? True in what sense? You have verifiable data to back what you're saying, that "all people do now these days is bitch about shit on the internet"? No, no you don't. And how is that an argument for anything? Really, you're helping no one, and instead of actually contributing to the conversation about whether or not this series is shit you've just derailed the conversation and shown everybody on how not to reach a conclusion.
Dec 27, 2015 9:41 PM

Sep 2009
Now that I have seen the recent movies, I'm just ready for the next arc. Before, I was somewhat looking forward to each new episode for Super. Some of the animation was bad in this episode, I try not to pay too much attention to it but that gets hard sometimes.

Still enjoyed it somewhat. Loved Frieza's reaction when he noticed Beerus.
Dec 27, 2015 10:07 PM

Nov 2014
The animation and art quality sinked again in this episode.

At least there was some of my favorite scenes of the movie and champa. 3/5
Dec 28, 2015 1:02 AM
Mar 2008
Even some hardcore DB Fans arent satisfied with DBS at all so it seems. And that should tell EVERYBODY of how DBS is. I think that the "S" in DBS stands for "Shit". Because that is what DBS is showing us right now.
Animation that doesnt work, even DBZ 20 YEARS AGO had better ones to offer, no damn background to almost anything, music doesnt suit DB at all (well the OP is actually good), i dont mind the voices at all and at least they got rid of the Kaio one it seems, characters are as interesting as my damn wall behind me and the fights arent dynamic at all (which is surprising when in the OP they sing about Dynamic).
The only interesting thing about it all is MAYBE that Champa God, which in this episode he came across Bereus. And in the end he said something like "We only have to get 2 more" after Nico Robin................i mean that chick said "We have 5".
Should i assume that they are searching the Dragon Balls? Not the usual Dragon Balls but those from e.g. DBGT? If thats it then.............DBGT isnt ignored at all.

Point being, Toei isnt giving a shit about its fans and it showed in SM Crystal and is showing in DBShit.
Dec 28, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2014
well I know the other god of destruction is gathering dragon balls. donr know why though
Dec 28, 2015 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
Damn,If the One Piece pacing wasn't enough, Toei is destroying DragonBall as well :(

The fight scenes just don't have the impact the original used to have. I just don't feel the same level intensity I felt when I saw the original.

This is supposed to be SSGSSJ Goku and the fight velocity seems slower when even compared to SSJ3. Maybe my expectations are just too high :|
Dec 28, 2015 7:36 AM
Apr 2014

>Everyone hiding behind Beerus and Whis
I hate how now every other character beside Goku, Vegeta, Whis and Beerus are garbage and not even worth being on the battlefield, there is such a huge gap between them that they all became nothing more than Mr.Satan duplicates.
Dec 28, 2015 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
Alright, i'll go straight to the point. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? Freeza is on par with Goku in SSGSS form? This is BULLSHIT. No matter how long Freeza trained in the best case scenario he should be on par with SS3 and not with SSGSS. This Dragon Ball series is by far THE WORST. I'm so disappointed right now... They transformed a good show to an utter SHIT. If Freeza doesn't die in the next ep I'm droping this shit.

Not to mention that animation quality is by far the worst compared to other DB series.
Dec 28, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
The only thing that stood out for me was Champa and Vados. The animation quality was meh, but for now I'll just assume that they are saving budget for the net arc.

Curiously waiting for Vegeta to jump in.

Lelouch0202 said:

The fight scenes just don't have the impact the original used to have. I just don't feel the same level intensity I felt when I saw the original.

I definitely agree with you on this. The fights are nowhere near as intense as they used to be.
Dec 28, 2015 10:25 AM

Nov 2015
aasgo123 said:

Curiously waiting for Vegeta to jump in.

Me too.
Goku is fighting like shit. Is he so weak that even in his SSGSS can't even beat Frieza ?
Dec 28, 2015 10:35 AM
Jan 2010
All the fights are just so slow, all the kicks, punches everything so slooooww
Dec 28, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
Finally got to see Golden Frieza.
Goku still got his ass beat...imagine if Frieza were to train like Goku and Vegeta...boy everyone are as good as dead.
6th universe god of destruction?...finding 7 things, could it be 7 dragon balls.
Interesting.
Dec 28, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
Frieza transformed into his Golden Form and looks like he has Goku on the ropes.
Dec 28, 2015 1:16 PM

Aug 2014
I wonder what the fat Beerus is up to?

And golden Frieza looks cool. A little funny when he saw Beerus.
Dec 28, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
Animation wasnt that bad I dont understand some people ranting about it...

Was it ever shown that freeza and bills have had interactions in the past? Cause I dont remember so
Dec 28, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
-Elevated- said:

Was it ever shown that freeza and bills have had interactions in the past? Cause I dont remember so

The animation and fight choreography feel cheap and uninspired. The punches and kicks don't feel like they have any impact. The fights in Dragon Ball are the show's main gimmick, and when the fights are bad, the whole show is bad. Not to mention the characters are incredibly off-model for most of the episode. The characters rarely actually are drawn correctly. The animators either can't draw, or just don't even try.
Dec 28, 2015 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
Kalley said:
-Elevated- said:

The animation and choreography feel cheap and uninspired. The punches and kicks don't feel like they have any impact. The fights in Dragon Ball are the show's main gimmick, and when the fights are bad, the whole show is bad. Not to mention the characters are incredibly off-model for most of the episode. The characters rarely actually are drawn correctly, and it is distracting. The animators either can't draw, or just don't even try.
This week's animation was just like any other DBS episode, excluding the episode 5 and last week's which were pretty bad. And yup all those you listed are true but I've somehow gotten used to it so I don't really notice it anymore. It's just the DBS standard
Dec 28, 2015 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
-Elevated- said:
Kalley said:

The animation and choreography feel cheap and uninspired. The punches and kicks don't feel like they have any impact. The fights in Dragon Ball are the show's main gimmick, and when the fights are bad, the whole show is bad. Not to mention the characters are incredibly off-model for most of the episode. The characters rarely actually are drawn correctly, and it is distracting. The animators either can't draw, or just don't even try.
This week's animation was just like any other DBS episode, excluding the episode 5 and last week's which were pretty bad. And yup all those you listed are true but I've somehow gotten used to it so I don't really notice it anymore. It's just the DBS standard
The animation was below average for even Super.

This episode featured Goku and Frieza fighting in the climax of the arc. Almost every anime company beefs up the animation in fight scenes, or atleast the climax. Ironically for Dragon Ball Super, the animation gets uglier in the climax. The more a character moves, the more my eyes bleed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The animation being awful isn't the only reason why fans are upset. Dragon Ball Super overall has been disappointing. The movies were extremely high quality, and when they aired, they brought the Dragon Ball franchise back to life. When we got word that a new Dragon Ball series was going to be airing, all of our inner-child selfs exploded. The Dragon Ball fandom was getting so hyped.

And when Super finally came out, us fans were extremely disappointed. The animation looks awful. The story so far has been a copy and paste of the movies, just stretched out and full of filler. It's been 25 episodes and no word on a dub, so us Americans have to listen to the Japanese voice casting. The voice actors have been pretty bad (King Kai and Trunks has been dreadfully bad). Since no company has licensed Super, there is no legal way to watch it. You literally have to go to bootleg streaming websites because us Americans have no other way to access it.

Really, us fans have every right to be upset. Dragon Ball is the second most sold manga of all time, how can one of the richest anime companies in Japan shovel this manure at us and call it "Dragon Ball"?
KalleyDec 28, 2015 5:43 PM
Dec 28, 2015 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
LOL at freeza when he saw Beerus! very surprised!
and very LOL at Bulma, Krilin, Tenshinhan, old perv Roshi, Jako & Gohan coming close to Beerus!
5/5.

Dec 29, 2015 1:08 AM
Jun 2014
Kalley said:
Really, us fans have every right to be upset. Dragon Ball is the second most sold manga of all time, how can one of the richest anime companies in Japan shovel this manure at us and call it "Dragon Ball"?

Couldn't have said it better myself. We buy their merchandise, we buy their DVDS, their figures, their whatever. We've been doing this for decades, we have every right to complain as much as we want.
Dec 29, 2015 5:39 AM

Dec 2008
I imagine Champa voice a little different.
Dec 29, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
I immediately noticed Robin's voice in Vados.
Dec 29, 2015 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
Hell even the animation in the fillers of Naruto Shippuden is better then this.

Dec 29, 2015 2:27 PM

Jan 2015
Finally Golden Freeza, and the two Gods of Destruction see each other. Great!

Also
HollowIchigo58 said:
Dec 29, 2015 4:10 PM

Jun 2011
I didn't realize that people are not allowed to voice their opinion all of the sudden.

If toei does a good job with the series then they will get praised. On the other hand, if they mess up, ofc people are going to bitch about it. It's as simple as that
Dec 29, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
I'm guessing fat Beerus is collecting Dragon Ball?

Like how Freeza freak out when he saw Beerus.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 30, 2015 2:36 AM
Jun 2014
DeathProxy said:

Also
HollowIchigo58 said:
Theorder14 said:
I didn't realize that people are not allowed to voice their opinion all of the sudden.

If toei does a good job with the series then they will get praised. On the other hand, if they mess up, ofc people are going to bitch about it. It's as simple as that

They just can't stand hearing legitimate reasons why something they like is shit.
Dec 30, 2015 5:22 AM
Mar 2008
NerguiMaeda said:
DeathProxy said:

Also
Theorder14 said:

They just can't stand hearing legitimate reasons why something they like is shit.

Because they think that since its Dragon Ball, so it is very good by definition and complainers just complain because of train crap. Yeah, they live the illusion...
Dec 30, 2015 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
Bad animation.
Beerus really annoying.
How can I take seriously this fight with Whis and Beerus ?
Champa is the same as Beerus so wait and see.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

100 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

83 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

71 by JVskunkape »»
3 hours ago

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

14 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

127 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.