Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 12, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Ayato meets Irene and her sister..

Korona from Le Wolfe Black Institute has an unique ability. I honestly don't like their student council president Dirk though..feels like he just gives off an irritating vibe around others. Meh pretty chill episode, feels a lot more like a buildup for the finale/big fight. Close call for Ayato with Claudia...I think he should be more careful.
Dec 12, 2015 5:27 AM

Feb 2014
What's with the sudden change of scene? All of a sudden, Irene bashed through the building.

Nice to see them having a nice conversation even though they were enemies.

And we hear more about Claudia' secret.
Dec 12, 2015 5:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a nice change of pace and I'm starting to like Vampire-chan and the imouto a lot more now

But I have to say that the best girl Claudia moments were the best (Holy shit that freak out in her room O_O).....God damn it Ayato can't you take a hint lol xD And dat explanation about her Ogre Lux and the other ones were extremely interesting to me

And damn they're already setting up the next arc/tournament lol so I'm expecting Ayato to probably lose this current one somehow
TokoyaDec 12, 2015 12:40 PM
Dec 12, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
I've taken quite a liking towards Irene and her sister, even if they are destined to lose. My favorite characters in the series now I'd say. Well that weapon itself is likely gonna be the true enemy next week. I hope it isn't too painful...

Claudia disturbs me. Not even her big beautiful tits prevent that anymore! :D
Dec 12, 2015 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
Just 1 more episode and I won't have to deal with this series until spring.
Dec 12, 2015 5:56 AM

Sep 2015
how can they waste the 11th episode for a dinner and some ogre lux information? i know asterisk has 24 episodes but c'mon i don't wanna see this part end with a cliffhanger

Dec 12, 2015 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
1 more to go....
Dec 12, 2015 6:04 AM

Dec 2013
Well, they did a good job of most of this episode in providing us with the info. I am a bit peeved by how they portrayed the first part though.

Those thugs from Allekant were suppose to have backed Priscilla against the wall when Ayato came across them, he was suppose to have a "should I, shouldn't I" moment before stepping out. The thug was suppose to have recognized Ayato as Seidoukan's No. 1 and he was then suppose to take that moment of hesitation to pull Priscilla away..... then the ensuing chase was suppose to show that those thugs knew the area well, but couldn't keep up with Ayato, who picked up Priscilla and basically walked up the side of the building, leaving the thugs not knowing where they went.... but then again I guess they couldn't really squeeze all that into the time they allocated it. What the end result was, is that Ayato is made to me much more of a goody-two shoes than he really is, which pisses me off for some reason.

Regardless, they did the rest of the episode alright. The reveal about Claudia was done quite well, though there wasn't enough tension with Ayato as he was suppose to have barely held her off (whilst knowing she was in a trance).

So next week ends Volume 3. I'll be looking forward to 4 and 5, since those are where the bulk of the battles are. Given the pacing, I wonder if we're actually going to be teased on the Gryps at the end of next cour....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 12, 2015 6:06 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Final battle in 1st season will be Team Ayato vs Team Irene, not quite bad.

Nice to know about Irene and her sister, would they join the harem as well? :)

I wanna see Claudia fight

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 12, 2015 6:09 AM
Apr 2015
It was a decent episode. No forced awkward romance, and we saw the return of consequential plotlines. It was nice that we got a reminder of the overarching plot (Ayato looking for his sister) for the first time in what seems like 10 episodes. The Ogre Lux explanation was interesting, and I'm glad they're talking about this world's lore again. It's probably been my favourite part of the series so far.
Dec 12, 2015 6:37 AM

Oct 2008
Felt like the animation was kinda derpy this episode... hopefully when they fight next week things are back to normal.
Dec 12, 2015 6:37 AM

Nov 2010
I though I missed an episode because of the sudden scene changes. A pretty decent episode

I need me some more Claudia!
Dec 12, 2015 6:38 AM

Nov 2014
That Vampire-girl look a lot like Erza from Edolas.
Nice to see Claudia again and the end was just awesome.
Dec 12, 2015 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
This episode show how much dangerous Ogre Lux can be, even changed your own personality.
Claudia Ogre Lux sound most painful one to experience different death every time, it's not something you want to experience for yourself.

Final Battle next episode, yeah kind of that kind of feeling that Ogre Lux will kind of take over Vampire-Girl in that match.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 12, 2015 7:35 AM

Jan 2015

That's it, you said it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 12, 2015 7:45 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode, and great animation as well.
Dec 12, 2015 8:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode. Nice to see more of Claudia. So this season will end with Ayato and Julis vs. Irene and Priscilla.

4/5
Dec 12, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Claudia, to experience your own death every time you got to sleep, should be really hard and painful for her.

I'm really excited to see Ayato against that vampire chick in the next episode. Can't wait!
Dec 12, 2015 8:50 AM

Feb 2014
shadowfox254 said:
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Dec 12, 2015 9:00 AM

Feb 2009
TwilightMystery said:
We don't see Claudia in such a long time but when we do she almost kills Ayato. I know the gravi-seath is supposed to be this really scary evil ogre lux but I'm more freaked out about Claudia's to be honest.

1200 deaths all of them by different means; starving, freezing etc. Jeez that was really morbid, I wasn't ready for that.

On the next episode of Dragon Ball Z Asterisk: I'm predicting Ayato and Julis will push Irene to her limits. She'll be forced to overuse the gravi-sheath and eventually go full Owari no Seraph on them.

+1

Dec 12, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2010

Was I the only one who thought of Evangelion after seeing this device? XD

This was probably shown when Saya spoke to her dad in a past episode, but I just didn't think about it then.

DaisukiDec 12, 2015 9:26 AM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 12, 2015 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
damiit when claudia had the red and green eyes, that was terrifying. so we get to know the secret behind her (not all of it though i guess?)
looking forward to the match
Dec 12, 2015 9:27 AM

Sep 2010
TwilightMystery said:
Love said:
damiit when claudia had the red and green eyes, that was terrifying. so we get to know the secret behind her (not all of it though i guess?)
looking forward to the match
To be honest I was surprised Claudia revealed as much as she did. I think revealing information about one's ogre lux is a pretty big deal in this series especially since that kind of information can tell you how it affects the wielder such as Irene becoming a monstrous vampire.

Also, Claudia mentioned another festa that we've never even heard of before which was another reveal. It would have been asking for to much if we also found out Claudia's wish for entering the festa so I can't complain that we didn't get to hear that just yet.

That could be something left for the next cour. I look forward to that.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Dec 2014
I really like how claudia seduces.....One episode to go
Dec 12, 2015 9:54 AM

Mar 2014
totally was not expecting such a heavy episode dang. gravisheath and pan dora are terrifying. excellent build up id say especially with koronas reading and her prediction that ayatos team will lose. also with providing the audience with the chemistry between the ursaiz sisters and other characters. did they skip the rest of the prelim battles in the ln too because i feel like it was a good idea here. ending the show on an intense battle will be good as we can finally see some of ayato and juliss teamwork.
Dec 12, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit Claudia! wow that's just fucked up
Dec 12, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
Wow Claudia experienced her own death 1200 times? That's pretty horrible.

Fucking Ayato, I swear, when a pretty girl offers to let you stay the night, you stay the damn night. No questions asked.

Looks like the finale will end with Ayato and Julis vs. Irene and Priscilla.

shadowfox254 said:

+1
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 12, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Irene & her sister seem to be good people but Irene's sword make her insane..
Daaamn Claudia :3 She is so much hotter than Julis xD Claudia's seductive methods <3 10/10 best girl.
Pretty nice episode, so we can have a small "calm" episode before the last one :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 12, 2015 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
Did I miss an episode or something? What was with the lack of transition from the last episode to this one? Also, I think it's pretty fucked up how Claudia has adjusted to constantly seeing her own death and thinks it's something that you can just get used to.

Very little in real, worthwhile substance other than that.
Dec 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Feb 2015
okay, something big will happen in the next episode. good buildup overall.
Dec 12, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Ayato meets Irene and her sister. He was invited to their apartment to have dinner with them and Julis came along with him.

I really like Claudia's seductive methods.
Dec 12, 2015 12:08 PM
Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
Fucking Ayato, I swear, when a pretty girl offers to let you stay the night, you stay the damn night. No questions asked.

And lose the match next day because of exhaustion.............sorry our MC thinks with his head instead of his lower half.

yuiyuigahama said:
did they skip the rest of the prelim battles in the ln too because i feel like it was a good idea here. ending the show on an intense battle will be good as we can finally see some of ayato and juliss teamwork.

Skipped Part:

But yeah i also expect some good teamwork and action next episode. The anime has kept the action scenes faithful to the source in most cases. The 2nd course should be action packed as well.

Dec 12, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
Claudia still remains my favourite character.
Dec 12, 2015 12:48 PM
Apr 2011
Korona's ability is definitely absolute.

Dec 12, 2015 1:06 PM

Oct 2011
Cludia scares me 0___0
Dec 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
Well, they did a good job of most of this episode in providing us with the info. I am a bit peeved by how they portrayed the first part though.

Those thugs from Allekant were suppose to have backed Priscilla against the wall when Ayato came across them, he was suppose to have a "should I, shouldn't I" moment before stepping out. The thug was suppose to have recognized Ayato as Seidoukan's No. 1 and he was then suppose to take that moment of hesitation to pull Priscilla away..... then the ensuing chase was suppose to show that those thugs knew the area well, but couldn't keep up with Ayato, who picked up Priscilla and basically walked up the side of the building, leaving the thugs not knowing where they went.... but then again I guess they couldn't really squeeze all that into the time they allocated it. What the end result was, is that Ayato is made to me much more of a goody-two shoes than he really is, which pisses me off for some reason.

Regardless, they did the rest of the episode alright. The reveal about Claudia was done quite well, though there wasn't enough tension with Ayato as he was suppose to have barely held her off (whilst knowing she was in a trance).

So next week ends Volume 3. I'll be looking forward to 4 and 5, since those are where the bulk of the battles are. Given the pacing, I wonder if we're actually going to be teased on the Gryps at the end of next cour....

I thought that it was one of the better adapted episodes A-1 has done. Not perfect but for what they had to show pretty well done. I just hope that next season a certain princess has her time to shine. Plus the battles in volume 4 and 5 were really well done.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 12, 2015 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty interesting episode that builds up alot for the next episode and the next season. Really enjoyed learning more about Irene and Priscilla and their whole situation with Dirk who has something planned which will be big for ether the next episode or next season. Also we finally get some info on the sister which I thought was the main plot but was gone for like the whole season since the 1st episode lol. It was really interesting to learn about the ogre luxs and how they have their own personallity and that is why Irene is acting different and getting worse as her sister said, its because its consuming her as Dirk said before. It was also scary to learn about Claudia's weapon...that is just scary...I wonder what her wish is, we will probably learn more about that in the second season. But yea I cannot wait for next episode to see that explosive fight between Ayato and Julis vs Irene and Priscilla!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG42A2kvzp0&feature=youtu.be
Dec 12, 2015 1:53 PM

May 2015
This episode gave quite some information. That Claudia change though. So they are going to end this first cour with the fight between Ayato and Julis against Irene and her sister? Not bad. Nice episode it was.

Dec 12, 2015 3:10 PM
Nov 2015
I wish there was more Saya in this show haha, she's the best!

I really wish the main character would stop rejecting Claudia, he really has no reason to, it bothers me.. just have some fun dude...
Dec 12, 2015 3:45 PM

May 2015
ok so 1 more episode left, the ending must be a cliffhanger shit
Dec 12, 2015 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
I liked this episode, especially how they built up to the ed which is just eargasmic
Dec 12, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2015
Well, this show has one more episode to show me something of actual import or an actually decent fight. Otherwise I wont be returning for the next cour. This series has been so boring and stale so far, it's ridiculous. And god, Ayato is such a fuckin' pussy.
Dec 12, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
thebrentinator24 said:

And lose the match next day because of exhaustion.............sorry our MC thinks with his head instead of his lower half.

I was joking.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 12, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
I definitely like this episode. Ayato and Julis having dinner with their next opponents was interesting but at least Ayato is learning more about Irene and Priscilla and got little clues about sister. And the conversation between him and Claudia was very interesting about how each Ogre Lux weapons have different personalities. Flet some build up for the next fight so can't wait for the final next week!!!
Dec 12, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
Meh? I guess.
Irene is still crazy as hell...sis-con? haha
Next episode will be the last...will we be seeing a good fight or something completely different?
Dec 12, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
The preparation for battle is all ready, Ayato once again approaching their next opponents and acts friendly with them, it seems he really is trying to conquer all the girls of the plot, even escaping of them several times also, more information about Cladia also were shown, it will be quite important later, I'm looking forward to the last episode of the anime in this season ..
Dec 12, 2015 7:17 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
tbh - I kind of consider that a bit of a wasted episode
Dec 12, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
I imagine Priscilla as a loli in the LNs.
Glad i was wrong. :)

Liking her more.... Not as much as Kirin though. :3
Dec 12, 2015 10:20 PM
Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I was joking.......

I was half joking as well.......

Dec 13, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2013
So we learn a bit more about Irene and Priscilla's connection to Dick...I mean Dick.

Irene is half obnoxious tomboy, half sis-con, lol.

Have a feeling that with Ayato/Julis's inevitable win that somehow Ayato will stop the Gravi-Sheathe since they kept bringing it up and since it was his main topic of discussion with Claudia. Well Ser Veresta has that super hot unstoppable flame, so he'll probably end up slicing it and breaking it somehow.

Speaking of Claudia...damn, that crazy shit. We learn she has death nightmares due to her ogre lux, and I guess when they get bad she sleep attacks, lol. That's some fucked up shit though. She says "oh you get used to it", but we obviously know that shit's a lie since Claudia is full of secrets.

Oh, and speaking of ser veresta...fucking Christ were legit cant get ONE week where CR doesn't spell shit wrong in their subs. It' not Ser=Veresta. There is no fucking equal sign. An equal sign is not a letter nor a fucking punctuation mark. It's either "Ser Veresta" or "Ser-Veresta".

thebrentinator24 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I was joking.......

I don't think it was a matter of him being scared of getting his dick wet like it was the first time he was in her room. Seemed more like he wanted to sleep and not worry about getting fucking murdered, lmao.

TwilightMystery said:

Also, Claudia mentioned another festa that we've never even heard of before which was another reveal. It would have been asking for to much if we also found out Claudia's wish for entering the festa so I can't complain that we didn't get to hear that just yet.

During the first few episodes ago she briefly mentioned the names of the festivals. There are actually 3 of them; phoenix (the current one; tag team partners), the gryps festival (a team based one, I believe teams of 5) and the Lindvolus (solo fights) festival.

They also happen in yearly increments, so the Phoenix fest takes place in one year, during summer. The following year in fall is the Gryps, and the third year in winter is the Lindvolus. Then it repeats and it's the Phoenix again.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

123 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 20, 4:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.