Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pacing feels really odd this season.

Again, I think Anna has a prominent role this season. Feeling like Neko is getting a bit too much into the clan business stuff. Shiro is also reminiscing bits of his past while we get the Green Clan making their move, something I go a bad feeling about. Is it just me or does that bird feel a bit creepy with its presence?
Oct 30, 2015 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
NamiDai's character received the research report that he was missing (long long ago, not "Missing Kings" period) to fill in the gap from Sakurai-san's character. Rabbit mask people, who served the second king, greeted him. lol @ Neko's dubbing when talking about the fight of Blue king vs. Kuro on rainy day.

Interesting to see how red and blue cooperate (blue front, red back) to fight against green. So NamiDai's character noticed about blue's sword (So that's what "Sekiban (stone coffin) meant in the series), as well as red queen. Green king, through the bird, came to ask white king to cooperate to change the world, like white attempted to do in the past. Since he refused, green king tries to fasten the collapse of blue sword. NamiDai's character realized that gray king's doing to him in first season is triggered by green king.

25:57 (two mins. late) next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2015 12:41 PM

Sep 2010
Looks like Nagare's dream is the cliche " I want humanity to evolve", but since Shiro rejected teaming up with him. He is calling for war.

Good episode and also my Homra boys aside from the usual ones got more lines so I'm both happy and pleased that GoRa is giving them a little attention.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 30, 2015 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
This season is SO BORING.

Yet another episode of badly written exposition, although we seem to finally move out from just repeating over and over again the stuff that we knew from season 1 and movie. Though it's still bad.

We still get loads of reused scenes from previous season, which is terrible. Exposition through talking obvious. We get OOC Shiro that just constantly complains that he's going to do something, and his amazing resolve that we've already seen so many times in this gets repeated all over again. And in the same time he doesn't do shit. Jesus Christ, just move your ass Shiro, and do something you're supposed to do, or stop talking about doing it, because this is ridiculous. The only thing this guy managed to accomplish so far (thanks to his amazing resolve) is changing the colour of his coat. THAT's ALL. Also Shiro somehow lost his character somewhere, and became all mopey. Oh well.

Also we get to hear about Green King's plan. The plan in itself is not that dumb (although it is pretty dumb), but the way we learn about it is ridiculous. I do understand that Green King may be interested in Shiro, because of his vast knowledge about the Slates, but the way the relation between Green and Silver Kings were shown, it looked like they're meant to be arch-nemesis. So Green King's suggestion to join forces just made me laugh.

Just talking, talking and talking. Once again. The only good scene in this episode was Munakata vs. Prime Minister, but it was again way too long, because it tried to forcefully make sure that the audience (who, according to creators opinion, are dumber than chimpanzees) understand that yes, now Munakata is in charge (as if that's not obvious).

And there is still basically no plot development. Also to be honest all relationship betwen Kuroh, Shiro and Neko just went to hell in this season. Neko is just too over the top, Kuroh's role is nonexistent. And Shiro is mopey, and that annoys me.

This is a huge dissapointment, and if not for my appreciation for season 1 and the movie I would already drop this anime.
Oct 30, 2015 2:49 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now THIS is what I call a great buildup episode

I highly disagree with the post above mine in regards to this episode being boring and just about everything else.....One of the things that I feel like S1 fell short on was that it left way too many things unresolved and this season is correcting that with all of this exposition

The first half with the Gold Clan was really solemn and emotional and seeing Shiro reminisce once more with his best friend for the last time was really great and that farewell from the Gold Clan was just beautiful....Nice to see that they wrapped up their group quite nicely

Then the part with Anna, Yata and Kusanagi was very interesting indeed because they foreshadowed a few things like Munakata turning into Mikoto one day as well as to place more importance on Anna whom is being set up to clearly do something very influential later on in the season....Munakata finalizing te transition of Guardian of the Slates from the Gold Clan to the Blue...Interesting dialogue there and I agree with what he said....."One must have foundation to maintain order"

Almost forgot to mention that the very beginning with Homra and Scepter 4 working together to stomp those Green Clan grunts was very well done and I'm loving this new sense of friendly teamwork between them and it just freaking works lol

Lastly we got that final confrontation between Shiro and the Green King and I must say that finding out that he is literally behind everything since S1 as well as his motive to release the Slates and spread this power worldwide is pretty cool and I honestly wouldn't mind if that happened.....But everything about this scene was great, the refusal and declaration of war leading up to the very end was great......Really liked the parallel's between those two and how they share the same dream although Shiro's against that ideal now

Now that all of the formalities out of the way, it's time for everyone to make their moves and going by the PV for the next episode, shit is about to get very action heavy for all of you action junkies that are bored.....The OST was really great in this episode and really added to the enjoyment of every scene too

Great episode

P.S. Seeing Munakata bitch slap Kurou again and them teasing him about getting REKT and still being salty over it made me DIE OF LAUGHTER....That's another thing that I'm liking about this season and that's the great use of flashbacks from teh previous season
TokoyaOct 30, 2015 3:09 PM
Oct 30, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2015
funny seeing the blue and red clans working together. This episode should set up the next one nicely. Shiro decided not to team up with the green king and he calls for war.
Oct 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
So far, this season feels pretty slow because not only are they going on with a new story arc, but also showing the aftermath of bunch of stuff from the first season, which is pretty nice to see tbh.
Oct 30, 2015 5:44 PM

Oct 2015
Araneae said:

Yet another episode of badly written exposition, although we seem to finally move out from just repeating over and over again the stuff that we knew from season 1 and movie. Though it's still bad.

We still get loads of reused scenes from previous season, which is terrible. Exposition through talking obvious. We get OOC Shiro that just constantly complains that he's going to do something, and his amazing resolve that we've already seen so many times in this gets repeated all over again. And in the same time he doesn't do shit. Jesus Christ, just move your ass Shiro, and do something you're supposed to do, or stop talking about doing it, because this is ridiculous. The only thing this guy managed to accomplish so far (thanks to his amazing resolve) is changing the colour of his coat. THAT's ALL. Also Shiro somehow lost his character somewhere, and became all mopey. Oh well.

Also we get to hear about Green King's plan. The plan in itself is not that dumb (although it is pretty dumb), but the way we learn about it is ridiculous. I do understand that Green King may be interested in Shiro, because of his vast knowledge about the Slates, but the way the relation between Green and Silver Kings were shown, it looked like they're meant to be arch-nemesis. So Green King's suggestion to join forces just made me laugh.

Just talking, talking and talking. Once again. The only good scene in this episode was Munakata vs. Prime Minister, but it was again way too long, because it tried to forcefully make sure that the audience (who, according to creators opinion, are dumber than chimpanzees) understand that yes, now Munakata is in charge (as if that's not obvious).

And there is still basically no plot development. Also to be honest all relationship betwen Kuroh, Shiro and Neko just went to hell in this season. Neko is just too over the top, Kuroh's role is nonexistent. And Shiro is mopey, and that annoys me.

This is a huge dissapointment, and if not for my appreciation for season 1 and the movie I would already drop this anime.

I also agree to some of these points. The pace is quite slow even though I wouldn't call it boring. Indeed there is too much revision which is kinda pointless as we know all of these things. But I get that they are trying to build it up for the following episodes. That's where I rely my hopes on. Cause indeed, S1 was really awesome but so far it isn't as expected. But I am looking forward to the next one. It seems that action will start.
AWC Sign-up 2017
MRC Sign-up 2017
MAL Rewrite Newbie Writer
Oct 30, 2015 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
Lol never thought I'd see Munakata vs. Kurou again. So far nothing really important has ensued; just seemingly mindless dialogue (along with Neko) going on before the Green King reveals his intentions and gives Shiro an offer. Decent episode.
Oct 30, 2015 6:13 PM
Feb 2015
Half of this episode could have been cut to make it shorter and snappier.
Oct 30, 2015 7:12 PM

Sep 2014
Not too much happened this time, but the previews looks like we're in for something exciting next week.
Oct 30, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
OH MY GOD THIS IS TOO SLOW. I almost fell asleep watching it. The first season was amazing and the movie as well. But what is this, the pacing is getting worse every episode.
よろしく!
Oct 30, 2015 7:40 PM

Jun 2014
More of a build up for next week. Not entirely sure why the Green King was even expecting Shiro to accept his offer to work together. Well, hopefully next episode is exciting.

I also found it funny when Neko narrated Kuroh's fight against Munakata, especially the bitch slap part lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 30, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2014
mmmmmm that house music in the last scene. Love it.
Oct 30, 2015 10:02 PM

May 2015
aaaahhh all talk
they need to compress more info into one separate episode
Oct 30, 2015 11:03 PM

Feb 2015
The Green king contacts Shiro. This season just keeps getting interesting.
Oct 30, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2012
this season is a bit slow but i don't mind at all. it's easy and comfy to watch imo. :>
Oct 31, 2015 1:51 AM

Jun 2013
well that was slow but it's okay i guees it takes time to build it's better than being fast and leaving many unresolved things
Oct 31, 2015 2:11 AM

Apr 2014
Yes! This game is really going strong, can't wait for the come back.
Oct 31, 2015 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
the green king's jungle idea is really related on his dream of evolution of mankind, i guess just like the jungle he will force every human to natural selection mode to make that evolution happen

basically an info dump episode
Oct 31, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
Neko said:
The boss with glasses goes flash!
Dodge! Step! Swoosh! Wham! Bam!
"I'm over here."
"What?!"
Achoo!
Bitch slap!
Jab! Jab! Jab!
Kaboom!
"Ha, ha, ha, ha..."
I laughed so much.

There were funny moments and sure something happened but the pacing is indeed quite slow, I wish they would speed things up a bit.
Oct 31, 2015 6:08 AM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:

I highly disagree with the post above mine in regards to this episode being boring and just about everything else.....One of the things that I feel like S1 fell short on was that it left way too many things unresolved and this season is correcting that with all of this exposition

The first half with the Gold Clan was really solemn and emotional and seeing Shiro reminisce once more with his best friend for the last time was really great and that farewell from the Gold Clan was just beautiful....Nice to see that they wrapped up their group quite nicely

Then the part with Anna, Yata and Kusanagi was very interesting indeed because they foreshadowed a few things like Munakata turning into Mikoto one day as well as to place more importance on Anna whom is being set up to clearly do something very influential later on in the season....Munakata finalizing te transition of Guardian of the Slates from the Gold Clan to the Blue...Interesting dialogue there and I agree with what he said....."One must have foundation to maintain order"

Almost forgot to mention that the very beginning with Homra and Scepter 4 working together to stomp those Green Clan grunts was very well done and I'm loving this new sense of friendly teamwork between them and it just freaking works lol

Lastly we got that final confrontation between Shiro and the Green King and I must say that finding out that he is literally behind everything since S1 as well as his motive to release the Slates and spread this power worldwide is pretty cool and I honestly wouldn't mind if that happened.....But everything about this scene was great, the refusal and declaration of war leading up to the very end was great......Really liked the parallel's between those two and how they share the same dream although Shiro's against that ideal now

Now that all of the formalities out of the way, it's time for everyone to make their moves and going by the PV for the next episode, shit is about to get very action heavy for all of you action junkies that are bored.....The OST was really great in this episode and really added to the enjoyment of every scene too

Great episode

P.S. Seeing Munakata bitch slap Kurou again and them teasing him about getting REKT and still being salty over it made me DIE OF LAUGHTER....That's another thing that I'm liking about this season and that's the great use of flashbacks from teh previous season

Agreed 100%
I love the season till now! Reisi needs to calm down though, his sword of Damocles is unstable as fuck...

Oh Neko I love you xD
Oct 31, 2015 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
i didn't get the point of this episode except some stupid info which i already knew.
Oct 31, 2015 10:14 AM
Oct 2015
Uggh I need the ost for this season..that song in the last scene gaaaaah!! And LOL @ neko's narration hahahah BITCH SLAAP! Damn i miss that scene lmao

Btw, am I the only one who secretly wishes that Shiro will end up back in his old body? Bcoz..his original look is hawt ijs. lol
IdkWhatToWatchOct 31, 2015 10:19 AM
Oct 31, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
Well, I know Shiro isn't originally a Japanese... but Shiro, you should know that's a table you're sitting on. The Lieutenant must be rolling in his grave by now. That house is inside the Mihashira Tower?

Slow episode again, but it feels alright.
Oh and let's not forget
aifukola said:
Neko said:
"I'm over here."
"What?!"
Achoo!
Bitch slap!
Jab! Jab! Jab!
Kaboom!
"Ha, ha, ha, ha..."
I laughed so much.

Bitch slap!... [i]Bitch slap[/i] *dying*
Oct 31, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
This season is really lame. Starting from shitty art and even worse animation, through boring and forced story. I don't know why I'm still watching it. Only OST is nice.
It's not that I don't like slow anime (I love it actually), but nothing really happens here.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2015 3:10 PM
Dec 2008
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

anyone know what song it is?
Oct 31, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
I assumed a new gold king was eventually gonna appear to replace the lieutenant, but from the reactions of everyone it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime soon. Also, I'm getting vibes of the blue king going evil or something along those lines after the green king is taken care of, which could be an interesting twist.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 31, 2015 11:52 PM
Nov 2010
Neko said:
"I'm over here."
"What?!"
Achoo!
Bitch slap!
Jab! Jab! Jab!
Kaboom!
"Ha, ha, ha, ha..."
I laughed so much.

ROFL. That was definitely the highlight of the episode for me. Love that Neko!

That conversation at the end and declaration of war was pretty cool with all the backstory as well. The music was kinda distracting for me though.
Nov 1, 2015 1:47 AM
May 2015
Too many blah, blah, blah, the only thing nice around here is Neko's fanservice.
Nov 1, 2015 1:13 AM

Jul 2015
I'm interested to see what this is building up to but damn its been boring so far. It took me a day to get through this episode
╳ ╳ ╳
Nov 1, 2015 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
Neko said:
"I'm over here."
"What?!"
Achoo!
Bitch slap!
Jab! Jab! Jab!
Kaboom!
"Ha, ha, ha, ha..."

Neko da boss!
Nov 1, 2015 7:41 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
That jungle app looks like a lot of fun
La_Matona301 said:
Too many blah, blah, blah, the only thing nice around here is Neko's fanservice.

The fanservice is worse than last season XD

Nov 1, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, very slow development. Looks like a war is inevitable.
Nov 1, 2015 12:51 PM

Oct 2011
War with the Green Clan

Neko's narration was priceless XDDD
Nov 1, 2015 5:50 PM

Mar 2014
I really hate how they had to tell me that shiro was going to war with the green clan three different times during that discussion. Jesus, you only need to say it once.
Nov 1, 2015 6:01 PM

Aug 2014
AnimeAdamOP said:
I really hate how they had to tell me that shiro was going to war with the green clan three different times during that discussion. Jesus, you only need to say it once.

They don't have enough plot to fill 12 eps, without repeating every piece of information at least 5 times, to use up some time. That is ridiculous.
Nov 2, 2015 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
You guys are crazy the pacing is fine. The flashback of reisi vs kuro was def worth it cuz of nekos absolutely hilarious voice over.. Just cuz an ep is slow doesn't make it bad the atmosphere n music this ep were superb and lots of important info that we didn't know yet got revealed .. It had to b revealed and the perfect scene at end of isana vs green king made this a perfect buildup ep to when shits going to def go down next ep.

I mean we learned what the documents Kisangani found n Germany were got a nice scene of shiro reminiscing about his old life for once since his memory returned got perfect resolution to gold clan a great scene with munakata followed by learning that the others are really concerned about him and know how unstable he is.. Finally we get the awesome scene at end where it reveals how green king was behind everything from season 1 where shirks new body comes from the green kings goal and how he is similar to shiro and why he's interested in shiro. Finally we get the declaration of war leading up to the big stuff next week..

None of this stuff is old at all it's perfect buildup and exposition to the climax .. Don't see what your complaining about not ever ep has to be all action.. Slow episodes like this with great music and atmosphere are good too.. Chill out .. It's like ppl only watch an episode to complain about every little thing they can think of.
removed-userNov 2, 2015 8:44 AM
Nov 2, 2015 2:12 PM
Mar 2014
3 Kings against One!!!
That's a complete one-sided war, at least as far as we know.
That green king surely has an ace up his sleeve. Or, he is just insane.
ferdi07Nov 7, 2015 11:50 AM
Nov 2, 2015 7:26 PM
May 2013
parvanubis said:
Tokoya said:

Great episode

Agreed 100%
I love the season till now! Reisi needs to calm down though, his sword of Damocles is unstable as fuck...

Oh Neko I love you xD

Then it's 200% :p
Nov 2, 2015 10:14 PM

Jun 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

I liked it too. Cant wait for the soundtrack to come out.
Nov 3, 2015 3:32 AM

Oct 2013
it was kinda boring..
I almost fell asleep
Nov 3, 2015 8:51 PM
Apr 2015
Araneae said:

amen, all of this. I just can't understand all of these expositions, did someone impersonated the director or what? K is multimedia franchise, they can do all these things in manga or novel, like they did season 1. Man, how I am loving all the tiny tidbits in all the manga that gave us a glimpse of characters and plot (Blue King's family was unexpected) and it felt so wholesome. I think I will put the series on hold. I can't take it anymore.
Nov 3, 2015 10:24 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting development, we learned that the green king is responsible to what happened in the first season. Great musics and visual as usual.
In my opinion, Neko was too excited. I understand she is happy to see Shiro, but I don't feel it normal. Shiro was perfect, now the war begins.
Nov 4, 2015 10:20 AM

Sep 2010
Ah, they went with that Aizen plot... everything was planned by me! HAHAHAHA!

Yea right... whatever, I won't accept this fact as it makes the season first much worse when the mastermind didn't even appear in it. Generally whenever I see this plot coming up, I think.

"Are you drunk? Or what were you smoking?"

Can we really skip this green clan part, I am not really hyped for them... they don't feel like hype and there are even 3 clans against them. Sure in silver clan, there is only Kuro who can put in the work (Shiro= useless, Neko= gag character) so it's like two clans vs one but it feels like Munataka would solo the green clan anyway. I feel that with Mikoto gone and Gold King gone there are no rivals for him now.

I hope that this season won't focus only on green clan till the end, I want to see Munataka going for world domination! The only problem is taht it doesn't fit his character as even though he is evil badass he is on the light side of the force and I don't know about him suddenly joining the dark side. This plot is what I want to see but if done poorly while destroying character... I don't want to see that.

All in all, just for the graphics, animation and music, I will watch this one till the end but I really want the story to pick up somehow. I have low expectations for Greens but maybe they will surprise me!
Nov 6, 2015 12:57 PM

Aug 2012
So, my club just finished the first season. The series was more interesting than I thought it was. I thought when it first came out that it was just BL with some action. While I can pick up on some undertones of that, its actually pretty equal opportunity Fanservice(Seri and Neko was quite the surprise) mixed with some amazing fight scenes. So once the club was done with that, I watched the movie and moved right into this new season and I am not disappointed at all. Kinda wish there was more Seri, but other than that, I'm happy with how this season has gone. Looking forward to more fights, but I understand that there has to be some talking to get to the point where everyone is fighting.
Dec 16, 2015 1:40 AM

Aug 2013
So much talking.. needs more action.
Jan 3, 2016 7:04 PM
Jun 2015
Shuhan said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
<br />
<br />
I liked it too. Cant wait for the soundtrack to come out.

Anyone have luck finding the song?
Jan 6, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2015
Man.. this is boring, its nothing like the 1st season, there is a lot of YAOI bait to the point that is laughable

Dropped
Apr 16, 2016 8:28 AM

Jul 2009
Damn K has such beast music
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

96 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.