3It was OK
18.2%
2Disliked it
2.2%
1Hated it
0.4%
Average 4.3
225 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dem fairies. They look kinda cute ;)

It's nice to see the series gets into more of a serious tone rather than the typical romantic fun stuff. Dat Giant Squid. Oh I think I remember this from the manga. Nice.

Yup, this episode was good and it does adapt well. Nice to see the Warrior Princess on the attack as well. That overgrown beast bites the dust~

5/5 this episode. Hell, I enjoyed it.

Feb 8, 2013 8:26 AM
Dec 2012
People will not forget the OP song if not anything else.
Feb 8, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
There are quite a few that loled me, especially when that old man seeing Maou, and Yuusha scarying others with the fairies

Nice dresses by Maou and Onna Kishi. lol~ it was that old man who told Yuusha about girls' parts.
tsubasaloverFeb 8, 2013 9:08 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 8, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
I hope they show the witch soon. I want to see how those three will react.
Feb 8, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
ClementIV said:
I hope they show the witch soon. I want to see how those three will react.

Yup, same here.
Feb 8, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2009
Good episode and nice finish to the Winter King mini-arc.
Feb 8, 2013 11:39 AM

Feb 2011
Dat fight o_o . I loved it , but it was kind of confusing . Anyway the animation was bawss :D
Feb 8, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
The animation in some parts was bad and it was a little rushed but enjoyable nontheless.

Totally loved the beginning with Yuusha's Dark Knight act in Fuku Jun's Zero voice :D

Jiisan is perverted and cool.

lol'd at how Onna Kishi beat Maou to hug him XD
Feb 8, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
Currently I have to say that I find this anime to be unbeleavably average so far, painfully so even...
Feb 8, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
good episode. loved the fight between generals
Feb 8, 2013 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
Best episode of the series so far. R.I.P Ice General Walrus Demon Dude

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 8, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
The soundtrack this episode I have to say was phenomenal! So many epic themes I heard whether it was preparing for war or Female Knight vs Demon General. It felt like I was watching an anime episode of a large scale Fire Emblem.

So Yuusha's actions make a lot of sense now for the past 3 episodes spending so much time in Gate City. If only we had as much time with Bright Light Island forces this conclusion would've felt much more cohesive. When Yuusha teleported into the forces with his OP magic spell it was really funny seeing Female Knight so ecstatic X D One thing I'm surprised no one brought up was what Maou said " I hoped to let the Demons live by retreating" more or less, she may not want to kill the demons but saying that in a room of Crusaders?

The battle scenes this episode were pretty great too, captured that intensity of war with the shark demons, squid and the walrus looking general. So my only question is where do we go from here?

Forgot to mention the lecherous old man who has even influenced Yuusha a little haha, "Fake Boobs usually mean a burly man"
HybridMBLFeb 8, 2013 12:55 PM
Feb 8, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2009
An episode not about vegetables \o/
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 8, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
Female Knight is badass, and Old Man made me lol, especially at the end xD
Feb 8, 2013 1:43 PM
Jun 2008
The pace was fast 0.0"

I remember they use razor to make barricade and marching toward enemy while building bridgehead .I wonder where that scene gone .
The heavy cut of scene from ep4 makes me think why would the fairy help Yuusha in the first place -_-"

I can see breast when OnnaKisshi wear the dress. I wonder how much pad she uses xD
Feb 8, 2013 2:00 PM
Jan 2013
Sigh...Good Episode, love the fight but i can see they cut ALOT from the manga...its starting to look like 60% anime and 40% manga =/
Feb 8, 2013 2:00 PM
Jul 2012
Can anyone tell me what was their plan? I didn't understand :(
Feb 8, 2013 2:20 PM
Jun 2008
AioliaDeLeao said:
take the island, improve the trade.
Feb 8, 2013 2:43 PM
Feb 2013
AioliaDeLeao said:

The plan had two sides, first off they needed to have the humans reclaim the island so as to improve trade and have the southern countries able to be more independent. On the other side, they needed Hero to get the crusaders out of Gateway city, this would help the plan to reclaim the island succeed easier (mostly it involved a lot of proper timing, hence why Scholar asked only for a full day before they invaded).

Removing the crusaders from Gateway city also opened up a new area of significance....a city in the demon realm that has humans and demons coexisting peacefully, which if it succeeds properly, can be used as a model for the future.
Feb 8, 2013 2:52 PM
Jul 2012
Axxen said:
AioliaDeLeao said:

The plan had two sides, first off they needed to have the humans reclaim the island so as to improve trade and have the southern countries able to be more independent. On the other side, they needed Hero to get the crusaders out of Gateway city, this would help the plan to reclaim the island succeed easier (mostly it involved a lot of proper timing, hence why Scholar asked only for a full day before they invaded).

Removing the crusaders from Gateway city also opened up a new area of significance....a city in the demon realm that has humans and demons coexisting peacefully, which if it succeeds properly, can be used as a model for the future.

Thank you very much!
Feb 8, 2013 3:22 PM

Mar 2011
Can anyone tell me where we are in the novels?
Feb 8, 2013 4:00 PM

Dec 2011
Uhh. The fight scene was nice... although this episode felt so boring.
Highlight of the episode for me is Mao and Onna Kishi in their gown.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2012
Imo awesome episode, this is what I've been waiting to see.
Feb 8, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
So they whip the demons and try to start their world peace project from there. I'm wondering though, so they want to solve the economic structural problems of the human world because human beings will continue to wage war for the economic benefits. Does the same not apply to demons? That is, if humans no longer want war, will demons also not want war?

Anyway, lives are gonna be lost in the process. Maou and Yuusha are quite the op couple. They should just conquer the world...

Axxen said:
AioliaDeLeao said:

Thanks for the explanation. I was really confused as to what was going on too.
Feb 8, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode, interesting how the war is unfolding.
I kind of expected more from the fight..
Thanks for explaining the plan, really helped me to understand what's going on.
5/5.

Feb 8, 2013 4:40 PM
Nov 2012
This series makes a very interesting parallel to the Crusades era. Gateway City is Jerusalem taken by the Christians, and both Maou and Yuusha act as the Saladino of Islam, taking back the city but making it a place were both religions (races in this case) could coexist.
That explains why Maou and the Demon Realm have such advance tech in comparison to the Human Realm. In their time, the Arabs were ahead of the Christian world by a large margin too.
Feb 8, 2013 6:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This episode felt really fast paced. I liked it, and although there are many very good themes going on (like asking, what is a war), I don't feel like it's executed well enough in the anime even though I haven't read the novels or the manga. If there were more episodes, I think this anime could have been even better. It's sad they have to cram things in like this.
Feb 8, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2012
In the manga, ice general looks so boss and badass but in the anime he is kind of cute, lolz. And the battle to take bright island is long and epic in the manga, I don't feel satisfied with the anime version.
Feb 8, 2013 7:00 PM
Jun 2008
red queen & big sis maid had some talk then ask what is war is really about? while our hero is doing scaring soldiers as a headless knight with help from fairies.

then female knight arrive area to meet winter ruler & old guy then come red queen give old guy wonder red queen's "meat" got bottle smack by female knight.

so red queen offer to help winter land is help build a bridge to cross battle sea demons then big battle is on & then the hero teleport to winter base then big walrus appear.

cue female knight vs big walrus with end knight slash to defeat walrus now victory dinner, female kinght & red queen in fancy outfit while the hero & old guy had some talks about how they been doing & good times.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 8, 2013 7:29 PM

Sep 2012
This anime is extremely fast paced, it seems a bit rushed. The animation in this episode was also a bit off during the fight scene. I'm still enjoying the show a lot, though. I wonder what they're going to do from here on in.
Feb 8, 2013 7:30 PM

Apr 2011
That old man cracks me up! XD
Feb 8, 2013 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
Lol!! funny Old man, and Female Knight is so cool and beautiful, too!!
So their plan was to force the Holy troops out of the city where there're both demons & humans, and the Hero would transport them to Bright Island for reinforcement. Well, a decent plan. Now the Winter country can try to be independent, and make trades.
Signature
Feb 8, 2013 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
I can see myself rewatching this show a few times. Really glad the actions scenes are happening more and more often though, they look amazing.
Feb 8, 2013 9:12 PM

Feb 2012
I LOVE YOU CRUNCHYROLL

Feb 8, 2013 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good. Though, It's hard to care much about the war when everything is so rushed and I don't care for the setting.
Feb 9, 2013 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
Its improving every week

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 9, 2013 1:30 AM

Nov 2007
The episode was pretty good. Not much Maou-Yuusha moment, so that was a downer, but the plan seemed to be exemplary of the real world we live in. War kills, and creates lives at the same time. Sad truth.

Nothing to do with this anime in particular but why most of the anime out there in general have a dip in animation quality in episodes with a lot of action while Gintama always has the exact opposite is beyond me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 9, 2013 1:47 AM

Apr 2011

Why in the hell does the female knight have a cell phone? Pulling off some Steins;Gate shit right here...
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Feb 9, 2013 3:03 AM

May 2010
Is it just me or this anime is missing something..Like some important details on those time skipss.
Feb 9, 2013 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
Ehh the plan was easy for me to get, but overall I feel this was the worst ep of the show in a manner. The batle and pretty much everything else just felt rushed, but the whole show has been like that, but then again I doubt this show has that large of a budget or airing time. On the plus side I suspect we will get the ending as will be seen in the manga at least. Not a bad ep but nothing that great either. Ah well.

in reguards to anime, think I might need to rework my ranking system a bit, put some 10's up there meh.
Feb 9, 2013 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
That was awesome!
Love white knight in this ep as well as the demon king.
Lol that old man is awesome!!!!
Next ep is going to be what again? can't wait
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Feb 9, 2013 6:53 AM
Oct 2007
Nice fight by Saber against Wally the Walrus. The old man was aweesome
Feb 9, 2013 6:55 AM
Sep 2012
zeroryoko1974 said:
Nice fight by Saber against Wally the Walrus.

My sides.
Feb 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Dec 2010
One of the best episodes so far. I'm am definitely loving this anime. The pace is a bit too fast but its not too bad. The manga takes a bit easier/slower I think.
Lol Yuusha threw the female knight off him xD probably noticed Maou was almost crying. Can't wait for future battles.

The two (Maou & Yuusha) have definitely accomplished a lot now. The demon city is now a place where both demon and humans can interact. They've managed to open new trade routes. All that farming and trade is spreading over Winter Kings city and surrounding areas.
Anyways this is becoming one of my favorite anime ever as long as they don't stray away from its source material.
Feb 9, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was awesome. Especially the epic fight between the big ass demon walrus King. I enjoyed it overall and glad they got the island. And can't forget about dem fairies being scary.
Feb 9, 2013 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
GateLambda said:
This series makes a very interesting parallel to the Crusades era. Gateway City is Jerusalem taken by the Christians, and both Maou and Yuusha act as the Saladino of Islam, taking back the city but making it a place were both religions (races in this case) could coexist.
That explains why Maou and the Demon Realm have such advance tech in comparison to the Human Realm. In their time, the Arabs were ahead of the Christian world by a large margin too.

What a horrible and awful comparison.. One set of thieves, Catholics of those days (why call them Christians too? I don't think so see the first 4 commandments then read their doctrine) over taken by other thieves of those days (Islam)? That just doesn't make any sense plus the other factors that are obviously misleading to give such a illusion of the contrary..

Anyways, on topic the strategy worked but I just can't help of the missing details that feel that we are missing out on. Several time skips really suck to see in a anime adaption unless that's how it is in the Light Novel. A good point a person brought up in one of these pages about the wandering witch. I'd like to see her eventually.
Feb 9, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
Even though i love this series it does tend to leave much to be asked, for me it's already clear at this point that the story would be better suited for a 24-26 episode series where the story can be fleshed out and explained in better detail. As others have said can't wait to see the young magician girl? pop up as it would hopefully add more to the story
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Feb 9, 2013 2:11 PM

Mar 2011
Brilliant but rushed! I love for this series to be fleshed out more.
Feb 9, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2011
bippo said:
zeroryoko1974 said:
Nice fight by Saber against Wally the Walrus.

My sides.

My fronts.
Feb 9, 2013 4:39 PM
Nov 2012
Loved the music in this episode, and it was nice to see some action for a change of pace, which was fantastically animated imo. I still have this feeling that the pacing in this anime is a little off still, but overall it was an enjoyable watch
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

465 by PankesuPlease »»
Jul 13, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.