3It was OK
20.7%
2Disliked it
4.1%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.0
314 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
You can tell Takumi really cares about Mira by his reactions and expressions this episode.

Not sure how I feel about Shoin's role in ths series yet but Takumi definitely feels a bit of jealousy towards him. Mira herself is more mature than I had thought and seems good with kids.
Apr 19, 7:42 AM

Mar 2021
Takumi's face expressions and reactions when Shoin is around Mira are just priceless.
Apr 19, 8:05 AM
Sep 2015
Birds do stealing human food a lot, especially near the beach, just search in YouTube.
Apr 19, 8:41 AM
Jul 2023
Haah, the absurdity aspects are glossed over m instantly, why didn’t Takumi ask for explanation why Shion car can hover and why Mira have a portable artillery?
A reasonable response to any sea bird looking creature.
Apr 19, 9:11 AM
Jun 2021
Sad :(. Seems like this really is more of a clone-hommage hybrid to the average 1980s show. This episode set that in stone pretty much.
I personally hoped for this to be a stronger mysterious story (as per the start) and to stay funky-fresh chaotic with endearing characters. For now this is hardcore leaning into shoujo and the triangle and mystery feel solved and drama is taking the main focus this ep.

I clearly will hold out judgment and still am invested but both MCs dynamic (was a huge plus) has been not enjoyable at all this ep :S felt way too, again, shoujo-formulaic. She did undergo a rather big but sudden change this ep that I personally couldn't get behind at all and he felt lacking behind, struggling to "survive" the whole time (like some reality show where they get voted off or something, lmao).
shutcardboardApr 19, 9:17 AM
Apr 19, 9:43 AM

Jul 2021
It's really jank and dumb... I like it. It feels like some 90's sitcom about an oddball family that I occasionally half-watched when the TV was left on.

shutcardboard said:
I clearly will hold out judgment and still am invested but both MCs dynamic (was a huge plus) has been not enjoyable at all this ep :S felt way too, again, shoujo-formulaic.

I would be really surprised if this tries to be anything more than a throwback comedy... I don't think we should expect a coherent mystery plot or character development. They'll goof around for 11 episodes, find the key, and end up together.
Apr 19, 9:49 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to Mainnus
Haah, the absurdity aspects are glossed over m instantly, why didn’t Takumi ask for explanation why Shion car can hover and why Mira have a portable artillery?
@Mainnus It was stated that Shion is supposedly a rich foreign entrepreneur so I don't think Takumi would question or know how to ask about the subject that is so far from his field of knowledge. Also hovering craft is nothing new and the technology for it does in fact exist, although it is not practical for market nor public use. We're not going get any personal hovering vehicles before the powers that be decide to direct societal structure that way.

As for Mira's portable artillery - she was sitting on the back seat while Takumi was feeling sick from presumably G force effect. (And that one takes a hell of toll on your body and mind - I would know as I've personally experienced it when I was still in military.) Probably didn't even notice the whole thing as no one's perception is fully accurate and precise. You can miss the most obvious things right in front of you if you're paying attention to something else.
Apr 19, 10:02 AM
Jul 2023
Condition_Chaos said:
@Mainnus It was stated that Shion is supposedly a rich foreign entrepreneur so I don't think Takumi would question or know how to ask about the subject that is so far from his field of knowledge. Also hovering craft is nothing new and the technology for it does in fact exist, although it is not practical for market nor public use. We're not going get any personal hovering vehicles before the powers that be decide to direct societal structure that way.

As for Mira's portable artillery - she was sitting on the back seat while Takumi was feeling sick from presumably G force effect. (And that one takes a hell of toll on your body and mind - I would know as I've personally experienced it when I was still in military.) Probably didn't even notice the whole thing as no one's perception is fully accurate and precise. You can miss the most obvious things right in front of you if you're paying attention to something else.

Hmm, Takumi being sick from the g-force is reasonable enough explanation, still bother me he didn’t comment about it after the fact.
Apr 19, 10:10 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to Mainnus
Condition_Chaos said:

Hmm, Takumi being sick from the g-force is reasonable enough explanation, still bother me he didn’t comment about it after the fact.
@Mainnus True enough it might have been a missed opportunity for some jokes and plot development but we'll see how this show turns out. Right now I like the character dynamics as they are and overall 80's vibes from city pop opening to colors, animation, designs and everything else. As someone else stated on another post - very much a homage to Maison Ikkoku.
Apr 19, 10:26 AM
Feb 2020
this show is actually good
the problem with it is how weird it is
but i like it

im giving it a 7/10 for now
Apr 19, 10:27 AM
Sep 2022
This episode was so dumb, I loved it. Imagine you’re in a flying car and someone busts out a bazooka to shoot down a bird that stole your lunch box. Then the bird starts fist fighting you and wins. And no one addresses it
Apr 19, 11:30 AM
Jan 2024
I don’t get the low ratings! Everything looks and sounds great. It keeps getting better and funnier after each episode. I love this show ughhh!!!
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Sep 2022
Incredible episode, the gags left me in stitches, the reactions, and absurd violence (the GUN) , and personification (rice miyakusa) won my heart over yet again this week. I cannot stress how fun of a show this is. also that NEET is the coolest wingman ever. Are we actually getting GHOSTS next?
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 19, 12:16 PM
Aug 2020
another good episode with some funny scenes
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 19, 1:14 PM
May 2020
Three eps in and it's in my top five for the season!
Just weird enough to be fun. With a bit of romcon!
Apr 19, 2:38 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Mira and Shion are just childhood friends, but Takumi can't help except be jealous when both of them are around. Everyone has the wrong idea about Shion being a rich entrepreneur from the U.K. It seems like Naosuke has discovered that the ghost who resides in the Astro Lodge has been stealing food which will be the main focus for next week.
Apr 19, 2:39 PM
Aug 2021
tf didnt expect it to be <7 in rating here..quite underrated
Apr 19, 3:37 PM

Mar 2019
Why would the girl stop in the middle of the conversation to read out loud what was written on the other girl's can? What a good script, huh? haha.🤣
Apr 19, 4:55 PM

Nov 2021
The romance between the two leads isn't really there yet, but I'm enjoying the vibe of this anime. It passes the 3 episode rule IMO.
Apr 19, 6:52 PM

Apr 2022
F in the chat for takumi. dog doesn't like ikemen lol he's basically the average mal user. surprised by the rating this has tbh, thought this shows doing pretty okay so far.
Apr 19, 11:14 PM

Jan 2018
So that guy isn't actually Mira's fiance. That's a relief.

Ren might've actually figured out that Naosuke's not a dog. He just needs evidence for it. I wonder how long it'll take the cast to find out Mira and the others are aliens. Or maybe they'll never find out.

Ren's upset because his good-for-nothing dad can't cook lunch for him. Poor guy. At least Miyasaka can cook for him.

Wakabayashi actually became a wingman for Miyasaka. So he's not all bad I guess.

This episode was batshit crazy. I mean a flying car and Mira using an RPG? Bruh.

That ending was weird. Don't tell me there are actual ghosts in this story. Tho Ig it wouldn't be too out of place.
Apr 20, 4:13 AM
Mar 2021
I am enjoying the show so far. Maybe the lower ratings are due to the "childish", goofy elements...? But the silliness, for me, is part of the appeal. I don't necessarily need romance to be the crux of progression in the story, even if it is a romcom. Especially because the supporting characters here are fun. Seeing the kid get his field trip bento was kinda cute, kinda wholesome. My man fights a robot pelican and doesn't win, sure, but he has a lot of heart. These are crazy, little detours that are making me actually care about the main cast. I wanna see how this anime cooks.
Apr 20, 2:06 PM
Nov 2023
Mainnus said:

Same doubts. Maybe next episode will say something abt it
Apr 20, 7:07 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder if they erased Takumi's memory. Loving the absurdity of this though.

I don't trust Shoin. He may not be with the Hobbies, but I don't know if he wants Mira finding that key. How'd he know they were at the train station.

The fact that the Hobbies thought the bentou was the key means it can be virtually anything like...oh I dunno...a tree!
Apr 20, 9:30 PM

Dec 2019
This anime is so silly and old-school, I just can't help but to love it. I also really like the OP and ED, they just add to that old school vibe.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 21, 6:48 AM

Jul 2017
Shoin appearing from space, and the others smell a feud with him as he reports on Hub's Hubby spy knowing that the key is within the Lodge itself, and he will help her to speed that process ASAP. The residents, most particularly Matsubara and Wakabayashi question Mira on Shoin's identity, so keeping it a secret is key for now. But even Ren is questioning Naosuke's identity, which he managed to obscure for now. As usual, breakfast comes complementary from Takumi, and the job of finding where Tasuke hid the key, becomes all the more important after disguising it as "dates" with Shoin.

Ren's school field trip to Enoshima is met with disdain for packing a fulfilling lunch, and Takumi has got him covered on what he likes, small issue resolved since his dad Tomihiro doesn't want to cook for him. But once again, the lunchbox got missing mysteriously, and Ren is forced io leave without it, though both Takumi and Mira has got him covered for a quick "date" to the location of the field trip, adding Shoin in the process to speed things up. With the Hubby bird spy however, they may have taken a little detour, but managed to give to Ren in time, who has a crush on a girl.

Who's the true enemy that Naosuke fears so much?
Apr 21, 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
So he's just a friend, nice. He do seem to like her though? Anyway. Good for Ren, he got his lunch. Also it was actually a ghost who ate the food after all? Or was that just Teruko? Btw Mira with that missile launcher lol.
Apr 24, 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
So the ghost who has been secretly chilling behind in the background in some scenes is the lunch box stealer, lol!

Pretty funny episode. When Mira pulled the bazooka, I didn't expect her to have such a perfect aim. That robot bird beating the MC to a pulp was hilarious
Apr 24, 8:08 PM
Nov 2021
Would not the obvious plotline be that the kid couldn't afford to go on the trip cuz his dad's unemployed? Then you could have the house come together to pay for the trip which reinforces to the new guy that,you know, found family element while also serving as a wake-up call to the dad to get off his ass and find a job. Or have the MC teach the dad to cook the kid's lunch- that way you 1)show the dad cares, 2) use MC being a chef, and 3)can develop the unemployment element and establish an end goal for his character.

The character interactions are great but lack that sincerity and awareness(however strange) that allows the comedy and family elements really hit. Kinda wish this was a 2010 J-drama
Lurik259Apr 24, 8:20 PM
Apr 25, 10:57 PM

Nov 2022
I want that transforming cube rocket launcher lol
May 2, 2:12 AM

Apr 2015
I'll remember it till I forget is a nice line, I might even use it somewhere
Jul 31, 3:33 AM
Jun 2024
This is good enough ok

More topics from this board

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 12

34 by Vinlandvisiter »»
Jul 31, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21

62 by Sugram22 »»
Jul 29, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10

24 by Sugram22 »»
Jul 29, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31

18 by TechOtaku »»
Jun 27, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3

42 by PredoFVCK »»
Jun 23, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.