3It was OK
39.3%
2Disliked it
4.9%
1Hated it
3.3%
Average 3.7
61 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, secrets and mysteries. It seems to be embedded into this show with these recent episodes.

Once again, the anime relies on Shiloh to be the heroes and save a princess. Honestly, this episode was somewhat painful to watch, seeing that there's hardly any peace or stability in their country. Awkward ending as well.
Dec 16, 2022 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 17, 2022 10:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 16, 2022 10:01 AM

Jul 2011
I think Ruri will die, after all they didn't used that fresh tear to heal his core.

Flashback backstory episode.
Dec 16, 2022 12:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm well with the backstory it definitely feels it's ending soon yes
Dec 17, 2022 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
Sappho goes as far as to call Florina a "suteishi" which is a word I haven't heard before in the lore, I guess that makes her even more worthless than we presumed her to be within Jumi society before she got promoted to the Clarius? this is interesting.

As for Blackpearl's development, there's this small detail that has to do with how pearls are produced, these stones are made of layers, and as time passes more layers are added on top and they increase in size, so when her core got hit by Alex's card in Duma, the sheer force of the blow exposed the old layers that were hidden, meaning that she was essentially always Pearl, deep within, beneath the hardened, darkened exterior that was Blackpearl her original and most pure form is Pearl herself, this being also the reason why Blackpearl can regress into Pearl but Pearl herself doesn't know how to "go back" to Blackpearl, because Pearl is actually intact, while Blackpearl is missing part of her being, she can't fully exist, because her "layer" is fragmented ... sadly won't get to see that facet of her character shown in here.

Also, the physical property of chrysoberyl being pleochroic explains why Alexander can appear as a male or a female depending on the light that gets projected onto its core, such as how he was a male while serving under Blackpearl, but in the game it adopted a female form exactly at the moment when its perception of Blackpearl changed, which means its "light" as in its "mind" had changed at that very moment and turned into a different color, same with Diana turning into stone and "closing" her heart, you notice that when Alexander is with Florina, it becomes a he again, and this always seemed to me as a subtle hint that he has feelings for her, as the male is the form that it will adopt when he looks up and/or holds people in high esteem.

Funny a lot of these things can be explained by the physical properties of jewels and crystals, it was maybe one of the most creative parts of the Jumi race in the original work, as in, you could explain their behaviour and mindset by analysing the physical properties of the real jewel.

This is the beginning of Teardrop Crystal, but obviously the pacing is taking a huge blow and it's getting obvious at this point.
Dec 18, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2010
DrMondaiNashi said:
Sappho goes as far as to call Florina a "suteishi" which is a word I haven't heard before in the lore, I guess that makes her even more worthless than we presumed her to be within Jumi society before she got promoted to the Clarius? this is interesting.

As for Blackpearl's development, there's this small detail that has to do with how pearls are produced, these stones are made of layers, and as time passes more layers are added on top and they increase in size, so when her core got hit by Alex's card in Duma, the sheer force of the blow exposed the old layers that were hidden, meaning that she was essentially always Pearl, deep within, beneath the hardened, darkened exterior that was Blackpearl her original and most pure form is Pearl herself, this being also the reason why Blackpearl can regress into Pearl but Pearl herself doesn't know how to "go back" to Blackpearl, because Pearl is actually intact, while Blackpearl is missing part of her being, she can't fully exist, because her "layer" is fragmented ... sadly won't get to see that facet of her character shown in here.

Also, the physical property of chrysoberyl being pleochroic explains why Alexander can appear as a male or a female depending on the light that gets projected onto its core, such as how he was a male while serving under Blackpearl, but in the game it adopted a female form exactly at the moment when its perception of Blackpearl changed, which means its "light" as in its "mind" had changed at that very moment and turned into a different color, same with Diana turning into stone and "closing" her heart, you notice that when Alexander is with Florina, it becomes a he again, and this always seemed to me as a subtle hint that he has feelings for her, as the male is the form that it will adopt when he looks up and/or holds people in high esteem.

Funny a lot of these things can be explained by the physical properties of jewels and crystals, it was maybe one of the most creative parts of the Jumi race in the original work, as in, you could explain their behaviour and mindset by analysing the physical properties of the real jewel.

This is the beginning of Teardrop Crystal, but obviously the pacing is taking a huge blow and it's getting obvious at this point.

I have already seen the explanation of Sandra/Alexander but never thought about Pearl/Blackpearl's story. So Blackpearl was just Pearl but learned how to fight to protect the jumi and hardened her heart (she has a more cold personality than Pearl) while she let her Pearl's self intact as who she was. I think it's a cool concept.

About the episode it's a shame that they didn't show that Alex's shop was an abandoned shop and only Pearl, Elazul and the protagonists (Shiloh and Seraphina) saw it as brand new shop. But I think that the studio was planning to add more stuff for the anime that they had to scrap later because Alex appeared in Gato so it's weird that they didn't show this.

Also, they didn't killed Florina to have a reason to let her stay instead of going to Bejewelled City with Shiloh but I think that it'd be better if she have gone with him. The jumi's final dungeon was my favourite one from the game but I have mixed feelings about the anime. I liked how they added much more story than it showed in the flashbacks of the game, Alexander had his own design as a jumi here instead of the design of vendor shop Alex's and we could see how Rubens got so depressed later but the whole thing was a bit anticlimactic. In the game you fight the bosses and have some bits of story between them and if you have Pearl with you she make some comments while in the anime Shiloh and Elazul just step one foot in the city and boom they show all of the story like a movie, they didn't even show Shiloh and Elazul watching the scene (which is a part that I liked on the game is that the sprites of the characters just appear and disappear out of nowhere like they are ghosts). So I'm pretty disappointed about this because I always imagined how it'd look on the anime and it didn't met my expectations (also I missed more of the City of Flickering Destruction which is one of my favourite songs).
Dec 18, 2022 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Kamirura said:
I have already seen the explanation of Sandra/Alexander but never thought about Pearl/Blackpearl's story. So Blackpearl was just Pearl but learned how to fight to protect the jumi and hardened her heart (she has a more cold personality than Pearl) while she let her Pearl's self intact as who she was. I think it's a cool concept.

Yeah it's just like in real life, pearls have different colours based on the surrounding minerals that get trapped in the newly formed layer, can be either yellow or bluish, and certain species of oysters can also create black pearls, you could argue that her core becoming jet black is the result of the whole Jumi society or the world itself taking a turn for the worse over the years, it's like she's sucking up all that darkness onto herself.

In the game, you see that she is perfectly aware of Pearl's memories, as well as her feelings, as she goes "how dare you do that to my knight" meaning that of course she also shares Pearl feelings (because Pearl is contained within herself), even if she has a hard time expressing them for obvious reasons (sense of duty, hierarchy, and all that), that's Blackpearl's cute side which I was looking forward to see in the anime.
Dec 22, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2019
Wow so many things got revealed.

Wait, Sandra previously was a boy?
How that even work? lol

Now one more episode left, I'm curious how they gonna wrap it up.
Dec 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Aug 2014
too much information in this episode lol
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 25, 2022 5:37 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to get more backstory on what transpired to the Jumi in the past. Let's see how they wrap things up in the next and last ep.Nice to get more backstory on what transpired to the Jumi in the past. Let's see how they wrap things up in the next and last ep.

Jan 2, 2023 5:54 AM

Feb 2021
So that's the backstory about what happened in the past.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 26, 2023 10:15 PM

Jan 2015
Idk man, It kinda retarded not to think of using the teardrop crystal to heal herself? oh yeah lets not do that for the plot.
Oct 28, 2023 3:32 AM

Apr 2013
Just a setup episode for the grand finale. The flashbacks weren't really surprising, apart from the fact that Sandra used to be a guy.
Apr 28, 9:24 AM
Mar 2021
Quelle horreur les amis

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 14, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.