3It was OK
15.5%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.3
155 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Another interesting idea coming from the manager. But it also looks like not everyone is on board with the idea, especially Yukine.

I actually kinda like Yukine but she as a somewhat sarcastic attitude. Definitely has a presence among the cast just by looks though.
Aug 30, 2022 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
That was the first time that Haru lied and illuminated. I really want to know why she was holding herself. Maybe, she did not want to outshine her teammates when she was performing better than them back then.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 30, 2022 11:32 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm, interesting. I definitely want Yukine and Momiji to join back TiNgS! It would be so cool to see them perform together.

All those attempts to get them back were so hilarious, especially that ice cream. xD

So, Haru lied...

SerafosAug 30, 2022 2:01 PM
Aug 30, 2022 11:34 AM

Mar 2021
So it seems Haru hasnt been performing at 100% effort all this time it will interesting to see why she has been doing that
Aug 30, 2022 2:39 PM

Sep 2018
Another great episode, it seems Yukine was aware of Haru's "hidden" talent as an idol.
Aug 30, 2022 3:03 PM

Apr 2010
Didn't see the plot twist coming on this very arc tbh, they sure throw a curve ball here that got me.

Shine Post continues to surprise me in one way or another.

5/5
Aug 30, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
That was top 10 anime moments, Haru finally shined, she even knew how to lie lying about giving her "best (holding back and not do her best)", I thought she was going to be some jerk or something like that when she started to laugh nervously but who knows what will happen next episode, Momiji was already shown to be super cute and kind but Yukine took it to another level, she skipped big sister and went straight to motherly care.

Also that Ian knot looks pretty interesting, I'm going to give it a try, I've been having a hard time with my shoe laces lately
KanameYuukiAug 30, 2022 6:05 PM
Aug 30, 2022 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
i think this show is topping as my favorite idol show of the season

the Haru twist i did not see coming watching i found it funny that she was ramping up the "I'll do my Best" personality trait you see so many genki idol characters have but for them to turn that on us on the end

though i don't think shes gonna turn into someone mean i'm interested on where they take her since shes being doing her best to hold back without any growth compared to the other girls
Aug 30, 2022 6:08 PM
Aug 2019
Ooh, I guess this is gonna be one of those cases of "I got hated because i did better than others" maybe? Either way, didn't really expect this ngl, it's quite the twist of the usual idol protagonist, I like it lol.

Also loved that moment of Haru and Yukine. Trying to bribe Yukine with something that Yukine herself bought lol.
Aug 30, 2022 6:12 PM
Aug 2021
this bitch really lying smh
Aug 30, 2022 11:29 PM
Apr 2021
I had low expectations for this show, but I'm liking it.
Aug 31, 2022 2:19 AM

Jul 2021
Damn I didn't expect the turn this took at the end.

Shine post is back after a short break and I'm glad the quality hasn't dropped or at least I haven't noticed any quality drop.

We learn that Yukine and Momiji were originally part was TINGS, that was a surprise.

A lot of things happened in this episode and the truth about Haru shocked me. She's always holding herself back and Yukine probably picked up on that which lead her to leave TINGS along with Momiji. Also we can clearly see that Momoji only followed Yukine because she didn't wanna leave anyone alone. Even though she wanted to stay with the rest of the three.

The last scene was really intense. We might finally get Haru's backstory in next episode and why she's been holding herself back. That comment/complement from Manager is no joke, that's coming from a dude who was manager of that big-shot idol who inspired Rio to be an idol. Haru is probably some natural talent, can't wait to see her performance when she goes all out, I'm sure that episode will be the peak of Shine Post.

If Haru gives her 100% it will a piece of cake to fill that plaza up to the last seat. I don't really get it though, Haru knew that TINGS wasn't getting any attention and was slowly falling apart and yet she decided to hold back. I really hope she has a good enough reason and not some stupid reason like she didn't wanna show-off she's clearly better than the others.

Great episode. And I'm glad the ratings have gone above 7 for this, people are finally understanding how good this show is. Truly a hidden gem and the only show I actually look forward to every week.

5/5.
TsutanaiFuunAug 31, 2022 2:27 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 31, 2022 5:20 AM
Nov 2018
What a surprise though it felt Haru was the reason, didn't think she was holding up, looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 31, 2022 11:06 AM
Dec 2021
The nervous laughter from Haru at the end reminded me of Kikyo Kushida from Classroom of the Elite for a moment there, with her dual personalities. Doesn't look like Haru is going to be evil though.
Aug 31, 2022 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
So, if you're still wondering what TiNgS stands for, now you know :)

The 3 current members (Rio, Haru, Kyoka) are doing fine, though Momiji and Yukine as former members branching out on their own as Yukimoji the incapability of the latter knowing that Haru hasn't made a significant improvement since the split. And Naoki is here to help put the whole TINGS group back together, though that change will depend on Yukine's choice that Momiji is being lead on by choice, and unfortunately, Naoki's a sitting duck in this one for the girls to figure out where they've gone wrong.

Try as hard as they might, wherever Yukine goes, the rest follows to try persuading her, which shows more of the latter's kind side when handled right. But since she shows much resistance, the only logical step is to go straight to Momiji, which Rio can do since she's the closest to her...and by a slight tongue slip, Momiji gave the trap away, but if she did return, then getting Yukine would be a cinch, and the resistance this time isn't so much of a rival battle.

The real problem with TINGS has always been one: Haru, whom hasn't performed a single concert seriously with all her heart, and her being a shinepost? It's more like she's hiding her true self instead to persuade others into buying into her sortie. Plot twist!
Aug 31, 2022 3:41 PM

Nov 2019
Manager finally broke the silence by asking for Yukine and Momiji to return to TINGS but alas

Haru lied. For the first time. WOW. I'm curious as to why she's holding back, could just be the usual 'I don't want to show everyone up', but here's to hoping its not~
Aug 31, 2022 6:04 PM
May 2022
Reecey91 said:
So it seems Haru hasn't been performing at 100% effort all this time it will interesting to see why she has been doing that

Haru has been putting in tons of effort... She just puts effort toward making the audience and her friends happy. If Haru lets herself truly shine on stage... she would drown out the budding light of Kyouka and Rio... which in turn would make the audience unhappy with Kyouka and Rio's abilities. She holds herself back so that the group progresses together. My interpretation of the mystical light was cemented in this episode. The light does not simply tell that they are lying... It tells that they believe they are lying to themselves. If Haru hasn't shined previously when saying, "I am doing my best!" ... then that's because she actually believed she was doing her best in her own complicated way. Now that she is conflicted about what "her best" is... she has started shining because she doesn't know if she is doing her best anymore and so it's like she is lying to herself saying "I am doing my best!" when she has doesn't know what her best even is. Yeah, shine post is an idol show doing cool idol show things... but this is really what I think the show is about... Stopping characters from lying to themselves and for them to start living their true lives.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Sep 1, 2022 1:44 AM

Oct 2016
Oh shit, what a twist. Finding out the origins of their group name TiNgS was pretty great as well or should I say TINGS. Seriously though, I did not expect Yukine and Momiji's issues to circle back to Haru. Though I had a small hunch when Yukine said that Kyouka was not the reason they left, so by process of elimination, they most likely had issues with Haru, which we now know is true.

Haru is definitely holding back for them or I guess for herself as well, cause this is what she wants, to be equal to them I suppose. She doesn't want to be the Shine Post, she wants all of them to be Shine Posts. Us seeing Haru lie for the first time was done so well though, that was so good.

Despite the bombshells this episode, it still had some hilarious moments, especially Momiji being caught slipping lmao. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 1, 2022 5:47 AM
Jan 2021
YES! Rakuda-sensei just does it empirically! Huge respect!

So this is the real "arts and entertainment world version of Shirobako," technically!
Sep 3, 2022 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
LOL haru was actually an invincible last boss hiding her true dignity behind the scene.
Sep 3, 2022 10:41 PM

Aug 2018
This chapter...it became different.
For starters, Yukine and Momiji were in "TINGS" before, and from there it went to the name like this: "TiNgS"
The manager told them that in order for the group to get to Nakano Sun Plaza they must go back, but they don't want to.
And the girls were planning how to try to convince them, starting with Yukine. Who said no anyway.
And now Rio had to try with Momiji, and apparently she does want to. But she doesn't do it because she doesn't want to leave Yukine alone. And just appeared, Haru tried again to convince them and it seemed that they would accept. But Yukine said no, since Haru doesn't show her true self. And the Manager also said the same thing, that Haru didn't give her best. And Haru said that she did, but there's a detail here, Haru had shined...and for the first time.
And let's see, I just found out about this because I didn't catch it at first. So, when the manager sees someone glowing, it's because that person is lying... interesting.
This will get different, good chapter.

Here, many images xd
Sep 5, 2022 4:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so they really were a group of 3 before but Yukine and Momoji split up and it seems to be because Yukine isn't satisfied with Haru's performances since she's not giving her best, and even the manager knows it, well I was expecting that for Haru she's the one that didn't get her drama time out of the three
Sep 6, 2022 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
Haru as shown in earlier episode when she performed better than the other 2 girls was a foreshadowing.

It showed Haru have the talent to be the center and capture everyone's attention.

But from what I speculate, she's most likely holding herself back cause she doesn't want to leave the other members behind and take all the glory and become the center at all times.

Haru's basically too nice for her own good.

(remember, what Haru said in the beginning of series showed that she has the same ideal as the Manager where they both wants everyone to love Idols and wants Idols doing their best for fans. This gives Haru the idea that if she takes all the attention, the other girls will feel rejected, similar to what Rio was feeling in the episodes before this... So Haru doesn't want to go all out at all times like she did in the earlier episode)
amlgSep 6, 2022 2:39 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 7, 2022 10:07 AM

Nov 2021
Hmm, Ok, I also want Yukine and Momiji to Come back at TiNgS.

Anyway, I am also going to eat my Ice Cream. lol.

Oct 26, 2022 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
She Haru is holding herself back? Deym. How capable is she?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2022

41 by mayakitty »»
Sep 6, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

26 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 9, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

27 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2022

24 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

53 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 5, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.