3It was OK
6.8%
2Disliked it
2.7%
1Hated it
5.0%
Average 4.3
221 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2022 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
This episode is more chaotic than the first one. Those new characters bring more new chaos to the series.
Kinako's physical capabilities are worse than zero stamina Keke. Keep fighting!
Takoyaki bribing again. lmao..... Liella! loves to bribe someone with food.

There was still a huge wall between Liella! and the new student. What they need to do right now is make things to be easier and more approachable for the new students.

Who is that new purple-haired character at the end of the episode??!!!!! New rival!!!!?? 😲 bye-bye SunnyPa

The Kinako solo ver. new ED was sooooo cute.

AkeZZZJul 24, 2022 3:32 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 24, 2022 3:29 AM

Feb 2020
Amazing episode again. I love the ED. <3

I really like the character chemistry between the old and new characters.

Kinako is already one of my favorite LL characters of all time.

Mei is a classic red-haired tsundere, haha.

SerafosJul 25, 2022 1:09 AM
Jul 24, 2022 4:41 AM
Nov 2020
Amazing episode again and the ED is cute and ELEGANTOOOOO!

And as far I remember:
>Kinako-chan is still unatlethic
>Gap between Kanon, Chii-chan, Keke, Sumire, Renren and Kinako is pretty notice so that's why Kinako is on verge on giving up but Mei encourage her to not giving up
>The excercise menu they made is nerfed for the sake of recruiting other girls
>Food bribe
>Shiki speak Kinako and try to speak by recruiting Mei but Mei still being tsuntsun
>a new mysterious girl arrive
Jul 24, 2022 5:46 AM

Jul 2011
I hope next episode, Mei and Shiki will join Liella.Looking at their mentality in this episode, they are very ready to join.

I already like the purple hair girl, she looks like a serious version of Sumire.
Jul 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, I’m ashamed as a LL fan to ask, but where are you guys watching this?
Jul 24, 2022 10:45 AM

Jun 2021
This episode was so emotional, i cried with Kanon and Kinako, love both so much <3.

Liella for me is the best group from Love Live, they are in my heart forever.

10/10
Jul 24, 2022 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't think a group would ever be able to surpass µ's in my heart, but SS is just on a different level so far. I'm so glad S2 has maintained the same great pacing and organic development that was present in S1. Very little of the plot and character writing feels forced, especially when comparing with the other LL shows. Can't wait till they absorb the other 3 first years~

TheBasedMaki said:
I'm torrenting the raws xD Glad my experience living in Japan paid off jk
Jul 24, 2022 1:55 PM

Mar 2018
These first two episodes have been way too good. This one started pretty funny but the ending was so emotional.

Jul 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Mar 2021
Great episode kinako is such a great addition to the show
Jul 24, 2022 3:49 PM

Sep 2018
Im still amazed at how much I like Kinako! She is so different from what I originally expected.

I was so hesitant about the way they'd go about adding new members, but they've actually been creative in the fact that they've almost made Kinako a 2nd "Main girl" (next to Kanon) which makes it a lot more interesting and kind of like starting the series over again rather than having her feel intrusive.

Also, the ED with the hairstyle swaps was so cute! <3
Blanks.
Jul 24, 2022 6:14 PM
Aug 2018
Kinda dissapointing ED, but tbf just like with niji s2, they had big shoes to fill. And what should I have expected, I dunno if Mirai wa Kaze no you ni or Neo sky Neo map can even be topped.

Otherwise fantastic episode, Kinako already stole my heart in the first ep and now just cemented a top position.
Jul 24, 2022 6:46 PM
Aug 2018
I don't like it, adding new members in the new season, especially their goal is to win love live, if the Nijigasaki series still agree because they don't aim to win love live,

but i will keep watching this series because i like love live
Jul 24, 2022 6:58 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
What I'm wondering here is why AniList has the Liella no Uta anime shorts but this site doesn't..>:/>
Jul 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Apr 2013
TheBasedMaki said:

For english subs, only Onibe Translation have it and it's from NHK aired. Need to torrent it.

https://blog.onibe.moe

Otherwise, for other legal platform such as Bilibili, Crunchyroll etc., need to wait until tomorrow Tuesday.
Jul 24, 2022 8:45 PM

Nov 2020
Despite Kinako being the most "plain" girl of the new cast I'm REALLY liking her. I usually prefer the more shy/understated characters in Love Live (Hanayo <3) and she's definitely fitting that for me! Also her relationship with Kanon and calling her senpai is really adorable.
Jul 24, 2022 10:07 PM

Jun 2021
Mei and shiki <3

our girls trying out each other's hairstyles in the ed is so cute.
Jul 24, 2022 10:09 PM

Jul 2016
Nah, Kinako will be fine. Keke also used to suck at physical activities and now look at her.

ED with the girls doing each other's hair is really cute, btw.
Jul 24, 2022 10:30 PM
Jan 2021
Really nice episode.love it

And finally kinako with her own training outfit at the end of the episode not the school P.E one. Was wondering at the begining why she's the only one who's not wearing her own style training outfit like the others.
Jul 24, 2022 11:26 PM

Aug 2020
Another beautiful episode. Changing their training menu for Kinakina was sweet, but they still need to change it back for the sake of winning Love live! great ep, i see new rival incoming

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 25, 2022 12:55 AM

Feb 2019
Man all the new first years are so quirky and weird but I love it. They’re all so cute. Right now Shiki would be my fave.

Kanon leadership skills on full display today, really did a great job of bringing everyone together and welcoming Kinako. Best LL leader for sure.

Amazing episode, love the Kinako solo ED too.
Jul 25, 2022 1:11 AM

Mar 2020
Liella have now the star of david lmao
Jul 25, 2022 5:56 AM

Jul 2014
This is definitely an interesting new dynamic we've got with the club trying to recruit new members when they're already well-established: the set-up of previous Love Lives, where all nine girls got together at similar times and from similar starting points, didn't allow for a conflict like what we're now seeing to be explored. And having Kinako join first and only exacerbate the issue with her lack of stamina making it look even harder is a really interesting and clever choice that also ties really well into her personal conflict about doubting if she can really do it. I'm really just surprised how much I'm liking Kinako so far, as I wasn't expecting to really care that much about her when her character profile came out.

I'm guessing Mei and/or Shiki will be joining next, as they've both gotten close to Kinako and shown at least some level of interest in the club: I'm guessing Mei will join first and then Shiki will follow along when she either sees Mei having fun or talks to her about it. And the new girl must be a new rival for the group, cos if I'm remembering right Sunny Passion would have graduated now as I recall them being third years last time: if that is the case, hopefully we get to see these new rivals (assuming it's not just the one member) actually perform so we can actually establish them as a threat.

My only complaint with this season so far is what they've done to Keke: all she's done so far in these two episodes is be constantly rude to Sumire, constantly aiming barbed comments at her and then telling her to stay out of it when she expresses concern about Keke going to Shanghai if they lose. Every time those two are on screen together now, I just feel myself dreading the inevitable and unnecessary rude comment Keke would make, and it's also making me not want to see Keke at all until they seriously tone it down: she was really likeable in the first season, but I'm quickly starting to dislike her now.
AtavisticJul 25, 2022 5:59 AM
Jul 25, 2022 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't think there would be a character less athletic than Keke, but Kinako is like, "Alright, I gotchu!"

Looks like Liella isn't going to be shaking the reputation that they're EXTREMEEEEE any time soon lol. Kinako is trying her best to keep up, but her lungs are on fire from all the exercise.

Making the practice schedule easier is one solution, but it's one I didn't agree with. You think you can win Love Live by half-assing your way there? In the end, they ended up all practicing on their own at the same place and at the same time because why not?

I was thinking at least Mei would be joining this episode, but that's not the case!

How the funk is Shiki effortlessly being the best girl? We're only 2 episodes in. You're making it look easy, girl!

Also, I'm curious 'bout that girl at the end. I'm guessing she's gonna be Kanon's rival or something like this was Pokémon, but for school idols lol
FuturedeletedJul 25, 2022 8:47 AM
Jul 25, 2022 10:02 AM

Nov 2019
Things seem to be looking up for the girls, hopefully they'll be able to get Mei on board next episode

The chaos with all the members and soon to be members is hilarious, can't wait for more antics and for when all nine of them become Liella

Shiki seems pretty nice, I'm curious about her and Mei's past together

New rival at the end?!
Jul 25, 2022 12:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
But why is there a girl with futuristic inventions and one doing crypto it feels out of place tbh.

That was nice seeing that the training is not for nothing obviously, it's better not lighten it to attract people, they will come at some point anyway, it's just that they don't seem to be easy to attract especially red hair one that doesn't want to hear about idol stuff so there might be a past issue that plays.
Jul 25, 2022 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
Ashhk said:
But why is there a girl with futuristic inventions and one doing crypto it feels out of place tbh.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I feel like SS has the most "woke"/Gen Z setting
and Natsumi being into "stonks" (both in literal stocks and also followers) fits well. The LL cast has always been missing an actual smart, (science-)nerdy character and I welcome Shiki aggressively.
Jul 25, 2022 11:33 PM
Nov 2020
iunne said:
Ashhk said:

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I feel like SS has the most "woke"/Gen Z setting
and Natsumi being into "stonks" (both in literal stocks and also followers) fits well. The LL cast has always been missing an actual smart, (science-)nerdy character and I welcome Shiki aggressively.

Rather than the crypto. It's Nikkei. I don't know what Nikkei is but it some kind of investment

And Shiki is a "inventor" herself Mei knows it since their middle-school year
Jul 26, 2022 1:27 AM

Apr 2014
iunne said:

Yeah! The school is located in one of the most fashionable areas in the whole country of Japan.
There is a theory that why they did not give the threesize to those girls because this anime was aired on NHK Educational TV in Japan. This channel is focusing on education and culture toward children.

Dimcross said:

Rather than the crypto. It's Nikkei. I don't know what Nikkei is but it some kind of investment

Nikkei is a stock market index for the Tokyo Stock Exchange .
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was quite emotional. Glad they decided to go back to their usual training. Those who'll join will eventually join even with this.
Jul 26, 2022 2:13 AM

May 2016
In all Dammn love live history, this is the first time THE FIRST FUCKKING TIME, that they give us a well detailed barefoot animation, my D is melting since i saw this scene from yesterday 😤
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2022 4:24 AM

Oct 2007
Kinako working really hard to fit in with the other girls. Her current stamina reminds me of Keke in season 1.. although Keke falling down from fatigue is still funnier. lol

Dimcross said:
iunne said:

did not know that, thanks for sharing the info about Nikkei.
Jul 26, 2022 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Oooh they look so beautiful in this ED. Maybe Mei will join the club in the next episode? Also, I think Shiki will flexing her gadgets for the rest of the season lol.

And we got another character with self-righteous look on her face, another rival for Liella?
Jul 26, 2022 8:18 AM

Jan 2010
I think even with the change of regime, first year girls wouldn't join the club. They would just think that they were giving up and stopped being amazing to win the love live, people are fickle like that, good thing they didn't show that, this is not that kind of anime.

Jul 26, 2022 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Ha, Kinako beat the e-scooter granny xD Great episode that got me totally invested in her character. And fuck is the ending cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2022 3:01 PM

Feb 2017
aaaa the girls look so pretty in the ED!!!

purple haired girl at the end looks like a new rival, cool

placeholder text
Jul 26, 2022 5:03 PM

Dec 2013
Mei can't join soon enough and I'm sorry but even if I was enjoying the episode who the fuck sleeps while holding their glasses, they will end up all smudged and full of fingerprints, if you just don't break them that is.
Jul 26, 2022 6:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
First of all I wanna say what a slapper of an ED that was, I was already a huge fan of the first ED, and I’m glad to see another fantastic one is taking its place! The visuals are so good, love the girls trying each other’s hairstyles, and the song is great too, it’s awesome lol. But now now to the episode itself, I’m really loving the energy Kinako brings, I know her whole thing is that she doesn’t have a lot of energy but personality wise she definitely does, her reactions are always hilarious and she works really well with the OG girls.

I’m also enjoying Shiki and Mei, they’re both fun and their involvement with Kinako will definitely lead to them joining the club somehow, I also love that Kinako keeps trying to appease Mei with food lol. And I could tell right off the bat that the new training regiment wasn’t gonna work, if you ask me the best way to go about it is to have new joins start light on the training and gradually reach the level Liella is currently at, I don’t know if they’ll do that or not but I really loved the final moment between Kinako and the OG girls, Kinako speaking straight facts and coming together with everyone, love it.

And looks like there’s a new girl at the end, she definitely looks like she might be a rival character because she’s not in the OP with the rest of the girls lol.
Jul 27, 2022 1:13 PM

May 2018
Yes the ED was very kawaii UwU. The new member is struggling but I bet she will improve the most out of the new cast
Aug 1, 2022 2:59 PM

Jun 2021
Trying to laugh about it... Keke, what else she will blame Sumire for in the rest of the show? Other girls not joining the idol club, the fall of stock market that shocked Natsumi, the lack of rain in 2022, the uprising of oil price, Alan Wilder leaving Depeche Mode, Nintendo still retaining their games fees the same from 10 years ago, that one time as a kid when she tripped on her shoelaces or fell of a bike... who knows.

Jokes aside, i was satisfied when Sumire brought back her memories of Keke being bad at maintaining stamina after watching Kinako's hardships at keeping up with the training.

Ok, come on, the byonic glasses and electronic skates, did Shiki invented them herself? It's amusing, but it's also going to be a headscratching moment as already seen with Mia Taylor from Nijigasaki being a 3rd year at 14 and that already long experience in songwriting. She's also mischievous in a lighthearted way by asking Kinako to ask Mei to join Liella, and she (with a lot of very appreciated Maki Nishikino vibes) already expected it beforehand.

Finally... who is this final character? Even if, reading a previous comment, now i'm thinking about too if it was announced that Sunnypa were both 3rd years and thus just graduated from HS turning out of Love Live competition as a result.

The strawberry feeding scene in the new ED was nice, but as another previous comment told, the one from first season (actually still my all around favorite song from Liella) was pretty much impossible to top, exactly as already happened with Nijigasaki even if that one from season 2 was still very good.

Finally, i'm glad to read again the names of the supporting girls that keep alive the tradition of having alternate japanese numerals to inspire them (Hi-deko, Fu-miko, Mi-ka, Yo-shimi, Itsu-ki, Mu-tsu, and now Nana-mi, Ya-e and Koko-no)

_untitledAug 1, 2022 3:13 PM
Aug 29, 2022 7:55 PM

Aug 2017
I love all these hot, fit girls trying their best. Not lazy gluttons like real girls. Interesting blue-haired kuudere scientist. Purple haired rival too.

Nice new ED.
Aug 4, 11:12 PM

May 2019
I kind of really want to like superstar because the main cast is actually good and likable, not obnoxious but these new members so far aren't good at all. Following the same formula of adding many girls all at once, obsession over idol school and having the aspiration of winning the competition again like original LL which are just sucks. I find it weird that Kinako's aspiration for joining is because of how hard her senpai training and also want to winning the competition, like what? No wonder no juniors want to join. Wait, maybe only the quirkiest girls that want to join.
VivaceRexAug 4, 11:17 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.