3It was OK
14.0%
2Disliked it
5.6%
1Hated it
6.1%
Average 4.0
342 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not even taking a trip on the train is safe in this show. I'm not a fan of Momo but have to admit that she can be very deadly if not careful.

Menou is still kinda carrying this show together and Akari definitely needs her guidance. Ashuna is also pretty tough but I had a feeling she didn't show the true extent of her skills yet.
Apr 15, 2022 9:59 AM

Feb 2020
Momo in action! She's much more badass than she looks.

Also, Akari was a very brave girl at the beginning.

Menou and Akari handled the situation with the train very nicely. Good job, girls!

SerafosMar 13, 4:12 AM
Apr 15, 2022 10:17 AM

May 2020
Just waiting for the moment when isekai'd girl will know about the real intentions of our executioner.
Apr 15, 2022 10:24 AM
Nov 2019
well at the end its J.C staff, there were many sequence in this episode that paled poorly in comparison to the LN or the manga, like how terrorists were done like stupid fucks and menou standing like a cardboard to the terrorists rants and the whole formation of the knight formed by the red pill, the fights were more interesting in LN and manga especially the use of Momo's weapon which in this episode displayed zero versatility (her weapon is a threading saw but for it be used like a boomerang or a sword was disappointing) , menou dodges the strike instead of parring it then shouts at the formed knight like bruh....
Menou was supposed to be a character that has wits and quick to respond but this episode displayed none of that instead it did the opposite.

THE WORLD...... ngl that was funny

Akari pops up and the next scene was disappointing like the way they act doesn't line up with their personalities at all, too many unnecessary scenes and i don't expect a perfect 1:1 adaptation and i'm all for changes that are different but this was cringey, the fights and techniques are the good part of this series but not displaying it and adding unnecessary characteristic traits which doesn't even mesh well with the characters is a waste, now its like other cliche anime even though its premise is different.

Its not sexual its just mana transfer.

Next few episodes which will adapt LN 1 is really cringey and lame even from plot perspective, however i do wish that fights and the execution of story from vol2 which will adapt other 6 episodes is really good, coz out of 3 volumes i loved that one the most.
Apr 15, 2022 10:52 AM

Feb 2021
Really good episode, probably the one I liked the most so far.

Didn't had many expectations for this show, but so far I'm enjoying it.
Apr 15, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2017
@Replette

mana transfer gone sexual lol I shouldve seen that coming
Apr 15, 2022 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
Idc what anyone says, Paper Bouquet is the op of the season. Mili’s vocals and those visuals just go together so well and really create a feeling of mysticism and fantasy.

These first 3 eps have been so fun and magical. JC staff seem to have really improved since Danmachi II and Toaru III. Can’t believe so many people wrote this off when they found out it was yuri, like imagine missing out on peak because you’re afraid of girls Lmaoo.
Apr 15, 2022 11:48 AM
Dec 2018
I got Madoka Magica, Re Zero, Mugen Train, Munou na Nana vibes from a single episode. Liking it so far.
Apr 15, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
The anime is following troupes of a lot of different anime but not mastering over anyone.. but isn't bad at anyone either..

We got a lot of Cute Akari and Menou scenes so that's all right.. I find Akari to be more cute then annoying and that's one way I can endure watching this anime..

Ashuna and Momo fights were cool.. Ya have to admit that.. this episode was better then the 2nd episode.. its a solid 7.5/10 all right..
Lets hope the studio is able to keep steady production values throughout the show
Apr 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Oct 2018
Replette said:
well at the end its J.C staff, there were many sequence in this episode that paled poorly in comparison to the LN or the manga, like how terrorists were done like stupid fucks and menou standing like a cardboard to the terrorists rants and the whole formation of the knight formed by the red pill, the fights were more interesting in LN and manga especially the use of Momo's weapon which in this episode displayed zero versatility (her weapon is a threading saw but for it be used like a boomerang or a sword was disappointing) , menou dodges the strike instead of parring it then shouts at the formed knight like bruh....
Menou was supposed to be a character that has wits and quick to respond but this episode displayed none of that instead it did the opposite.

THE WORLD...... ngl that was funny

Akari pops up and the next scene was disappointing like the way they act doesn't line up with their personalities at all, too many unnecessary scenes and i don't expect a perfect 1:1 adaptation and i'm all for changes that are different but this was cringey, the fights and techniques are the good part of this series but not displaying it and adding unnecessary characteristic traits which doesn't even mesh well with the characters is a waste, now its like other cliche anime even though its premise is different.

Its not sexual its just mana transfer.

Next few episodes which will adapt LN 1 is really cringey and lame even from plot perspective, however i do wish that fights and the execution of story from vol2 which will adapt other 6 episodes is really good, coz out of 3 volumes i loved that one the most.
Yeah I don't understand these decisions either. Haven't read the LNs but I can very much imagine the fight itself being described way more awesome as well as actually telling us what is happening in the battle between the Princess and Momo instead of cutting away whenever possible. Also can't stand how characters always just stand around (pun intended) while action is happening right next to them, like sure bro we have time to goof off while this train is spinning out of control. Perhaps it just works way better in the LN format, you can use your imagination there instead of being constricted by time and budget.
Apr 15, 2022 12:55 PM
May 2020
This episode was really enjoyable
Theory: the weird glitch Menou, Momo and Ashuna felt was actually Akari turning back time because Menou was killed by the sort of strong red knight. So maybe her healing powers are entirely based on the fact that she can control time (and she knows from herself that she has this power or at least has become aware of her power).
Apr 15, 2022 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that the Iekai girl did turn back time in the train. Most likely she waited in the car as told and the crash was hence not avoided.

1 question though. The Isekai girl doesn't retain memories from the past, or so it seems. So, how did she make the change???
Apr 15, 2022 12:58 PM

May 2021
The Battle OSTs were pretty good but the battle itself did not impress me as much.

Looks like their relationship is slowly progressing. I wonder if Menou's Guidance not being rejected is a sign that these two are close. Also worth noting that Akari's powers did play a role in saving the train.

Apr 15, 2022 1:01 PM
May 2011
More Momo x Ashuna, please.
Apr 15, 2022 1:09 PM
May 2020
This was a really enjoyable episode
Theory about Akari:
Apr 15, 2022 1:17 PM
Jun 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that the Iekai girl did turn back time in the train. Most likely she waited in the car as told and the crash was hence not avoided.

1 question though. The Isekai girl doesn't retain memories from the past, or so it seems. So, how did she make the change???

I have the same doubt. In the last episode Menou said that Akari can't remember anything when she uses her power but if Akari is aware of her power like in this episode maybe she can carry some of her memories.

I really hope that someone could explain us this cause I don't understand it at all
Apr 15, 2022 1:47 PM
Dec 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Idc what anyone says, Paper Bouquet is the op of the season. Mili’s vocals and those visuals just go together so well and really create a feeling of mysticism and fantasy.

These first 3 eps have been so fun and magical. JC staff seem to have really improved since Danmachi II and Toaru III. Can’t believe so many people wrote this off when they found out it was yuri, like imagine missing out on peak because you’re afraid of girls Lmaoo.

i imagine there were also people who dropped it because the op male self-insert was killed off in the first episode lol. i hope they have fun missing out...
Apr 15, 2022 1:48 PM

Feb 2019
hamifihekrix said:
Marinate1016 said:

i imagine there were also people who dropped it because the op male self-insert was killed off in the first episode lol. i hope they have fun missing out...

Probably. Seething because they can’t have another generic male powerfantasy
Apr 15, 2022 1:49 PM
Feb 2022
Queen_Annelotte said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

I have the same doubt. In the last episode Menou said that Akari can't remember anything when she uses her power but if Akari is aware of her power like in this episode maybe she can carry some of her memories.

I really hope that someone could explain us this cause I don't understand it at all

Maybe she can remember everything like Subaru in Re Zero but acts like she remembers nothing as she keeps trying to avoid cataclysmic events by turning back time. After all if Re Zero was told from an Emilia POV then she would know nothing about Subaru's ability so Menou too knows nothing for sure.

Also Akari said she didnt want to be abandoned "again" which indicates she had faced this experience before. Also the fact that Menou has those dreams in ep1 indicates something may be afoot and that the events we are seeing may have been repeated many many times.

As an anime only this really is looking like the isekai Madoka so far so I hope they stick the ending
Getintherobot234Apr 15, 2022 1:57 PM
Apr 15, 2022 2:00 PM
Feb 2022
Marinate1016 said:
hamifihekrix said:

Ngl the only reason I am watching is because that bland self insert got killed off. If he had stayed alive this would have been an instant drop
Apr 15, 2022 2:01 PM

Feb 2019
Getintherobot234 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Ngl the only reason I am watching is because that bland self insert got killed off. If he had stayed alive this would have been an instant drop

Even if he stayed alive, Menou is the mc and the focus of the story so unless you just went in completely blind it should’ve been obvious that it wouldn’t focus on a generic guy. It’s literally called shokei SHOUJO.
Apr 15, 2022 2:19 PM
Feb 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Getintherobot234 said:

Even if he stayed alive, Menou is the mc and the focus of the story so unless you just went in completely blind it should’ve been obvious that it wouldn’t focus on a generic guy. It’s literally called shokei SHOUJO.

Agreed. I love the fact that Menou is the protag since we as the audience has to piece together the scraps of information that we are given to figure out what the hell is going on just like Menou. It elevates the viewing experience and was an intelligent writing choice by the author.
Apr 15, 2022 3:44 PM

Feb 2019
This only continues to limp along on my list because of how weak the rest of the season has been. Oh yeah a generic and edgy isekai is one of the few that catches my attention

Story this week? Pfft. Some would-be train rapists… that is to say, rapists on a train, not… You know what, either works fine. Anyway, they encounter some random dudes who emulsify themselves into a blood dude. Also, two random girls square off. The whole problem here is that you'll notice I didn't ever use the word 'fight.' For every one sword swung, there is at least two to three minutes of standing around, pontificating at each other. Hell, the two fanservice girls 'clash,' and then patiently stand there locked together for the next minute straight before separating only to do it again. Less a pitched battle and more the energy of waiting for the DM to find the stat sheet that he left in the kitchen.

The animation remains mediocre at best. The direction sucks out loud. I guess I'm getting less distracted by the weird music, which is something it can hang its hat on. The rules behind the magic also continue to make absolutely no sense despite sucking all the air out of the room every time it decides it needs to explain them, figuratively and literally given how long it goes on. Last week, it was a mortal sin to use her power at all. This week, use it to save a couple dozen people. The difference being how much they can have a character orgasmically moan, seemingly. Also, when you damage magic train engines, that makes them work much better, and stops the brakes from working. Okay, I guess we're running with that. One little scratch and you're driving an unstoppable gigantic juggernaut unless there's someone on hand to moan at it. Are we really sure this world doesn't need to be purged?
Apr 15, 2022 3:50 PM

Oct 2021
The magic system looks cool, but I don't understand shit wtf is happening.
Apr 15, 2022 4:23 PM

May 2013
Marinate1016 said:
Idc what anyone says, Paper Bouquet is the op of the season.

We got at least two incredible good OP this season. This and Paripi Koumei OP. It is hard to decide which one is better. :D
Apr 15, 2022 4:29 PM

Feb 2019
RavenWolf1 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Idc what anyone says, Paper Bouquet is the op of the season.

We got at least two incredible good OP this season. This and Paripi Koumei OP. It is hard to decide which one is better. :D

Haven’t heard that one, I’ll check it out!
Apr 15, 2022 4:43 PM

Feb 2017
@RayReynolds

Last week, it was a mortal sin to use her power at all. This week, use it to save a couple dozen people. The difference being how much they can have a character orgasmically moan, seemingly. Also, when you damage magic train engines, that makes them work much better, and stops the brakes from working

umm,
that was mana transfer. menou never told akari to use her time magic, at all lol

in order to stop the train,
menou didnt have enough mana to utilize her spell properly so she asked some mana juices from akari

remember when everytime kazuma (from KonoSuba) sucking megumin's mana?
does that mean megumin's explosion magic gets activated at the same time everytime he does that? lol obviously not

akari's time magic doesnt get activated just cuz menou sucking her mana

whats wrong with akari moaning?
she's been expecting romantic events to happen between her and menou since episode 1,
its not out of character for her to joke around like that

the train magic is relying on "ether", every magecraft is relying on these particles called "ether".
its explained in EP 2 even the lost ones are relying on "ether" to invoke their pure concepts

so if the lost ones who are relying on "ether" could run out control after getting their asses beaten,
why would the train thats also relying on "ether" couldnt run out of control after getting damaged?

both of em are merely "tools" that are relying on "ether"

so its all "ether" fault? lol

also,
wdym by a random fight?

the princess had all the reasons to attack momo, her daddy (the king) was in trouble thx to "the infamous" executioners from the church.
or myb the princess just wanted to fight momo for the sake of fighting her lol
or it could be both too,
the princess originally just wanted to avenge his daddy but since she found out that momo was a strong and beautiful loli,
she's started to like her.
the princess says "I like things strong and beautiful"
Lab_Rat_0978Apr 15, 2022 5:01 PM
Apr 15, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
I confused to akari power,

i guess she loop the time when all is dead, and she change the event (i think when the red soldier try to hit menou and when ojou vs the kusogaki), so she have the past memories ?.

Does it mean she pretend don't remember in the prev ep when she killed by menou.

I'm curious does her power worked to restore thing like healing or just returning by death. But in the prev ep ? She got like healed not go to another timeline. So how she change the event :(
Apr 15, 2022 5:50 PM
Nov 2020
Shicl said:
I confused to akari power,

i guess she loop the time when all is dead, and she change the event (i think when the red soldier try to hit menou and when ojou vs the kusogaki), so she have the past memories ?.

Does it mean she pretend don't remember in the prev ep when she killed by menou.

I'm curious does her power worked to restore thing like healing or just returning by death. But in the prev ep ? She got like healed not go to another timeline. So how she change the event :(

I believe that in the timeline where the train crashed and everyone died she stayed in the wagon as Menou asked. And the timeline was changed because instead of staying she went after her, and therefore Menou was able to stop the train borrowing her ''mana''.

Now the real question is: Does she lose her memories, if she dies or she's just playing all this time and hiding something? Or maybe she does remember, but simply doesn't remember Menou killing her, since it's very possible that Menou knocked her out with that drop and she didn't see her.
Apr 15, 2022 6:00 PM
Jun 2015
Great episode; the Momo and Ashuna double act really brightens my day. I do think the action in that fight could've been amped up several notches and had their conversation going while exchanging blows.

Menou losing it in the direction of Akari being Akari was also great.
Apr 15, 2022 7:19 PM

Nov 2011
I really like Menou a lot. She's a badass but like...her smile is contagious.
I like the approach they took with a potential timeline scenario. Like they could have been like "Okay Akari is winding back time again" but considering Menou is the main POV in this anime it wouldn't make sense. I just think the concept of alternate timelines is cool and didn't think about it at all.

Ashuna is bad. Hot as hell and a badass bitch lol. I'm digging her a lot.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 15, 2022 7:23 PM

May 2016
So does she know she can control time since i am assuming the died and she went back?
Apr 15, 2022 8:40 PM

Jul 2017
The train of fate, with terrorists, executioners Menou and Momo, Akari and Princess Knight Ashuna Grisarika, the target is the obvious one to grudge with the Executioners of the Faust for the otherworlders putting her father on trial for heresy.

The red gem which converges as a solitary tool to summon a red knight, and the princess vs. exeuctioner, and Akari has to interrupt with her Pure Concept of Time power at the most intricate timing possible. And since this train has been spawn out of control with Ether gushing out, only Menou can stop this runaway train with Akari's borrowed ether.

This is impressive stuff going down.
Apr 15, 2022 8:49 PM

Jan 2021
[quote=Strykeryno message=66152610]
Shicl said:

Now the real question is: Does she lose her memories, if she dies or she's just playing all this time and hiding something? Or maybe she does remember, but simply doesn't remember Menou killing her, since it's very possible that Menou knocked her out with that drop and she didn't see her.

Apr 15, 2022 9:00 PM

Jan 2021
The episode was pretty good. JC Staff is still somewhat stiff in the battle scenes but at least the characters didn't look bad, at least not that I saw. Ashuna and Momo's chimestry looks good, time to ship them XD. Funny how Menou said at the beggining that Akari coudldn't protect her and then needing her to stop the train, and the mana transfer with the moans was funny ngl. My guess is with Akari's power to turn back time, she stayed in the train wagon as Menou said originally, but after failing to stop the train she turned back time to save her dear Menou-chan and that's why she went to the wagon where Menou was.
Apr 15, 2022 10:44 PM
Apr 2022
i liked the episode but damn, the fight scenes feel so stiff it kinda takes away from the whole, and considering the whole episode is centered around fighting... apart from that, i liked the time glitch introduced, it feels really neat to not exactly know why it triggered, perhaps it will be revealed in one of the later episodes ala madoka magica episode 10? also pf, i found it funny how akari actually gets turned on from the whole ether transfer. 3.5/5
Apr 15, 2022 11:51 PM
Jul 2019
I didn't like this episode, why is menou protecting akari? you'd think putting her in dangerous life threatening situations would be advantageous right? and the fights, what happened there? yeah brute force but she's smart and quick right? plus princess and momo, you just knew nothing was going to come of that fight, and of course mana transfer had to be sexual, there's so much potential for a good show but I have this gut feeling it will devolve to shit, I don't know anymore but I hope I'm wrong.
Apr 16, 2022 12:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So beside invoke the ether, you can also hack the ether resource from the enemy if you had enough power to overwhelmed it? Also you can share each other ether by connecting it through direct contact, and sure Akari seems enjoyed the moment. Interesting ... And don't forget Momo and Princess Knight that fighting each other till the dawn. Nice xd.

Wow poor bandits, get rekt by the little sadist girl, beautiful blonde priestess, and rambunctious princess knight. How on earth they were so one dimentional? Its no less to once again showed how Akari time machine works out. Now its been more obvious that Akari did the change, out of her consciousness, not the opposite. Maybe she's doin that more than once, actually, judging by how she's saying 'anymore' and that those 'disturbing' feelings, kinda already done before. I dunno. I wonder if there's some Akari pov alone beside what the story telling has been done till this episode?

Still pretty invested so far, and lets see the ancient salt capital, Garm, on the next episode ...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 16, 2022 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
Queen_Annelotte said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

It'll be revealed in next one or two episodes.
Apr 16, 2022 3:11 AM

Oct 2007
Menou is really nice this episode, just beat up the terrorists instead of killing them. Sadly, they are a suicide group who sacrificed themselves to form a monster.

my respect for Menou has increased because she spent effort saving the drivers, and other passengers in the train, risked her life in the process as well.

when Menou connected to Akari.. instead of feeling pain, looks like Akari was actually feeling good from it. LOL

Momo is brutal with sawing someone's head off. ><

looking forward to next week! :)

I'm now satisfied. Gonna buy some things from CDJapan to give a little support to this anime.
Apr 16, 2022 3:39 AM
Jun 2021
I enjoyed this episode so much because of how they used music for scenes, like it really adds to the atmosphere of the show and I think that the fighting scenes could've been a little better but besides that this was a good episode
Apr 16, 2022 4:11 AM
Jun 2015
SoulBroMo said:
I didn't like this episode, why is menou protecting akari? you'd think putting her in dangerous life threatening situations would be advantageous right? and the fights, what happened there?

Mentioned last episode when Momo suggested poisoning; if Akari resets from death her powers get stronger. Also, she was worried about the red knight "absorbing" Akari, which presumably could give it her ether reserves and/or time powers.
Apr 16, 2022 4:19 AM

Feb 2017
James_Marsh said:
SoulBroMo said:
I didn't like this episode, why is menou protecting akari? you'd think putting her in dangerous life threatening situations would be advantageous right? and the fights, what happened there?

Mentioned last episode when Momo suggested poisoning; if Akari resets from death her powers get stronger. Also, she was worried about the red knight "absorbing" Akari, which presumably could give it her ether reserves and/or time powers.

lol some people apparently didnt even make an attempt to watch the episode
Apr 16, 2022 4:20 AM

Sep 2020
Akari-chan, don't just strip out of nowhere. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
Nice episode, it lived up to my expectations. Love it.

I like the way Momo is depicted here, it's well done.
She's really badass~
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Apr 16, 2022 4:24 AM

Sep 2020
Liddo-kun said:

when Menou connected to Akari.. instead of feeling pain, looks like Akari was actually feeling good from it. LOL

I know right~ LOL. So lewd ໒( 0◡0)
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Apr 16, 2022 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
i really wonder if Menou would be able to end Akari's life because just look both of them are having a supportive journey like adventure...Momo on the other hand is like a perfect match-up against Princess Ashuna!
also If Akari's power matures or the got full control of it (if ever) and then that's gonna be Menou main nightmare! lolz
4/5.

Apr 16, 2022 4:52 AM

May 2013
What is with score with this series? Is it really that bad series and I'm just so biased toward this series that I don't see it?
Apr 16, 2022 5:17 AM

Oct 2007
Beauxite said:
Liddo-kun said:

I know right~ LOL. So lewd ໒( 0◡0)

they should connect more. :>
Apr 16, 2022 5:38 AM
Jun 2015
RavenWolf1 said:
What is with score with this series? Is it really that bad series and I'm just so biased toward this series that I don't see it?

There is a large contingent of people who don't like female main characters.
Apr 16, 2022 5:50 AM

Feb 2022
RavenWolf1 said:

The score hold its positions on 7, which
literally means 'Good'.
Why the heck you call it bad? You may need to learn more about how the score on mal defined before spitting nonsense.
This is bot. Risk for not getting a reply.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.