3It was OK
3.2%
2Disliked it
2.7%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
187 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2020 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, a loose tooth. That's part of growing up I guess.

I love how much Somali treasures her bond with Golem this episode. What a good girl. Also I found this episode kinda funny especially when that little rat creature scared Somali about her tooth. She's still such a kid!
Mar 5, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode
8/10
Mar 5, 2020 9:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Somali with her tooth xD next episode is going to be great
Mar 5, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see Shizuno and Yabashira again.
The little rat dentist scared the hell out of Somali.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Mar 5, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
Imagine having a dentist mouse that goes in your mouth to check your teeth.
Mar 5, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
A very nice warm episode honestly.

I love how big of an appetite Somali has. Also her poor tooth dghdgshgd.
Mar 5, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2017
I can't... that thing Golem said at the end about becoming her father was so sweet!

I can't tell you how happy I was when Golem opened the door and it was Yabashira & Shizuno! I love them both so much and I was really hoping they'd be back.

Man... loose teeth! It used to traumatize me every single time one of mine fell out so I really related a lot to Somali this ep haha
Mar 5, 2020 12:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Somali's as adorable as ever. The tree house that they found though sure was spacious. Amusing in that the book that Somali found was a book about food. Still it was curious seeing the two make food together. Wobbly teeth though sure is something that can be hard to speak out. Looks like the name Bygone city really fits it quite well. The area does look rather rough. Damm Sowak sure is a rather curious size. The image that was visualised of him jumping in to extract the teeth though sure was amusing. The little display of strength against those brutes though sure was fun. The snow crossing though sure contrasted well with the scenery around the town. Overall an excellent ep as always that blended exploration, bonding and action pretty well. Kinda feels like their journey is about to reach its end though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2019
A fully wholesome episode! Enjoy it while it lasts, folks!

Feels train is (probably) set to depart in a few weeks.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 5, 2020 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
I was on edge the entire time Somali was in that village. When she bumped into those ruffians and her tooth fell off I was like shit they'll smell her blood, her cover is blown.
Please stop going to heavily populated areas! It's too tense for me lol.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
Prepare yourselves, for the storm.
Mar 5, 2020 3:10 PM

Feb 2019

MUST PROTECT https://imgur.com/a/RxEuyDf

It's kinda cool to think that as humans we just lose teeth as we get older and they're just replaced naturally. Nature is awesome. I think this episode was great because it was truly a human experience we were viewing. Watching something so simple as a kid losing their tooth may seem boring on the outside, but it's moments like these that really allow you to grow attached to characters and to the story.

The best part of this series has been seeing Golem learn what it means to be a parent, what it means to feel emotions and ironically, what it means to be human. He and Somali complete each other so perfectly and I really pray that this series has a happy ending. That said, I am sure that based on his lifespan running short, we will be left broken hearted at the end. God, I am just not ready.

Despite the moderate love it's been getting on reddit and MAL, I wish this series got more love from the broader anime community at large. Such a simply beautiful work of art that deserves more attention.

See you guys next week from my bed, for spring break.
Mar 5, 2020 6:15 PM

Apr 2019
Hear me up, this is gonna end in tears. I can feel it
Mar 5, 2020 9:25 PM
Mar 2015
Golem is a good daddy
Mar 5, 2020 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
So happy to see Shizuno and Yabashira again. I love that duo so much.

Quite heartwarming episode. The whole souffle-making scene was just too wholesome and sweet to see. Easily, my favorite part though the second half had some nice moments as well.

Anyways, it seems next episode we'll finally see what happened immediately after Golem's first encounter with Somali. Can't wait for it!
Mar 6, 2020 1:30 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly, the way that mouse describe how he heals toothache is quite scary.
Mar 6, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2017
Poor Somali was scared cause of her tooth lol. I was happy to see Shizuno and Yabashira again, they are both great. Also looks like we'll finally get to see more about the time Somali and the golem met.
Mar 6, 2020 3:03 AM
Sep 2015
So Somali is around 6 years old, and that rat dentist should know that she's human too.

Hey, handsome Oni we meet again!
Mar 6, 2020 3:13 AM

Jul 2017
Golem Dad and Somali are off to another place after bidding farewell to Uzoi and Haitora, that must've been one of the most scariest yet touching arcs ever.

Finding a treehouse in the middle of nowhere in pouring rain, Golem Dad and Somali took their rest. And when it comes to sweet things such as sugar, Somali can't take her eyes off it.

Baking soufflés together in a father-daughter bonding style just never ceases to warm my heart so much and smiling in tears. And respecting the people who lived in the treehouse by paying for usages, I just wished I had a father like Golem. With Somali being a kid, she has some toothache problem...and it's hard to avoid sweets.

Nice to see Shizuno and Yabashira again, but travelling to a town that reeks the same feelings of a crime-ravaged one. And "Is that you, Fairy Tail's Happy?" dentist Souku is quirky but playful. Try hard to avoid the ruffians, but the trio successfully plays it off while Somali's tooth dropped off.

And to inquire help from someone within the town is a blessing in disguise, but is a well-guarded one that has immense risks.

When Shizuno asked Golem Dad about Somali being human, he knows, and it's his responsibility to see it through, which is just touching.

Quite a heartful episode.
Mar 6, 2020 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
Man, this episode had that feel good factor turned up to eleven. =D

Golem and Somali were lucky enough to find a comfy lodging treehouse that workers use for when they go and harvest the tree sap in that forest. Inside, Golem was able to whip up a tasty looking souffle that looked so good that I wanted to eat myself (I have a massive sweet tooth, you know XD).

By chance, the shadowy figures that Golem opened the door to was none other than Shizuno and Yabashira. It's great to see these two again. =3

Poor Somali had a case of a wobbly baby tooth which made her worry so much, not helped by the visit to a rat dentist in the nearby town that probably did a good job in giving her a fear of dentists. Her panicked reactions was funny, though.

Somali's worry got the better of her and she accidentally ran into a bunch of thugs, but Golem, Shizuno and Yabashira took care of them. Thanks to that, an innkeeper hired them as bodyguards and gave them a house on the outskirts of town to stay for a while.

Inside, Shizuno tells Golem that he knows that Somali is a human and wanted to know why they were travelling together. The fact that Golem starts his explanation with a flashback of how these two first met has me anticipating a rather emotional episode for next time.

Whatever happens, Somali's toothy grin needs to be protected at any cost. It's so precious. ^_^
Mar 6, 2020 8:15 AM

Aug 2018
I really loved the first part with Golem cooking a cake for Somali, that was lovely

As a coincidence, I wondered if we would see again some characters met in the previous episodes and boom, it happened. I guess it's always cool to see faces you already know.

Next episode seems to be a sort of episode 0, featuring the encounter between our 2 protagonists. A needed thing in my opinion.
Mar 6, 2020 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
A cute episode!

Golem and Somali cooking that cake was super sweet! Also nice to Shizuno and Yabashira again. Shizuno knew all along that Somali is a human girl.

Somali freaking out cause of the loose tooth is so relatable, especially since I have always disliked the dentist and still do XD
Mar 6, 2020 8:56 PM
Apr 2018
I'm gonna bawl my eyes out once this show ends. So wholesome and heartwarming.
Mar 7, 2020 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
hmm .... the puns and jokes are really something
Mar 7, 2020 8:09 AM
Feb 2018
Is it close to made in abyss...if only then I will watch it.
Mar 7, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2015
Remember guys, keep your teeth in good shape!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 7, 2020 9:27 AM
Jun 2019
damn,i feel so sad about this show coming to end..it is so peaceful,nice,cute and soul restoring,
i will miss you,somali-chan and golem-san
Mar 7, 2020 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
All the feels this episode, I don't think my heart is ready for next week's episode.
Mar 7, 2020 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
That was such an adorable and wholesome episode.
Mar 8, 2020 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
3 episodes left, i'm not ready

little Somali never ceases to amaze me with her cute reactions haha

favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 13, 2020 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
Somali also afraid of dentists! who isn't especially for ages like her!? LOLZ!
5/5.

Mar 14, 2020 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
Hey they visited Mos Eisley this episode.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Mar 26, 2020 7:35 AM

Nov 2016
Fun episode before the storm. Interesting how dentists in that world work xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2020 9:09 AM

Aug 2018
i'm afraid to watch the rest...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 1, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2017
What a coincidence that Somali had a loose tooth and Shizuno had to go see the dentist too. And let's not forget that coincidentally Yabashira and Shizuno found the place where Somali and the Golem were.

Plot conveniences aside, the episode was the calm before the storm.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 3, 2020 11:15 PM

May 2013
D'awwhhh, chibi Oni is so sweet for treating Somali well, even suspecting that she was a tiny human girl ^.^ those earlier monsters just looked at her like she was food xD

The souffle looked yums P;
Jun 6, 2020 2:23 PM

Feb 2012
I'm still scared of dentists to this day.
Somali is still as cute as the first episode.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 31, 2020 12:35 AM

Jul 2015
Nice child friendly city they visited there, Golem really should beat up the ground for slapping Somali's babyteeth out after she fell....must protecc Somali, nothing must hurt her not those thugs nor the ground ⊂(©෴©)つ. The part at the end of Golem becoming a dad was so sweet.

Mar 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
Somali acting all scared about the wiggly tooth was cute af

Apr 7, 2021 1:42 AM

Feb 2020
Adorable episode. Golem and Somali cooking that cake was so cute. ^^

Aww, poor Somali had a loose tooth.

SerafosJan 30, 2:25 AM
May 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Oct 2022
If u look closely u can tell the golem smiles at somali. First when somali complimented his cooking and while putting her to bed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

114 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.