3It was OK
27.3%
2Disliked it
15.0%
1Hated it
17.9%
Average 3.1
447 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 30, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, this episode/season is just going all out with the action. Still all over place and made me care less about these characters.

Doesn't seem like Nishiki lost his touch since the previous seasons though when it comes to fighting. All these themes with experimental bodies though. Also, seems Arima took his first loss against Kaneki. Akira's also back.

Farewell Arima~
I felt nothing for that scene though. Too bad.
Stark700Oct 30, 2018 11:53 AM
Oct 30, 2018 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, the memory scene of Akira looks like the key frames were drawn by a kid. Wtf. Everything is so bland, the only bit worth watching was the Kaneki Arima scene, it was adapted better than I thought. Lmao.
Oct 30, 2018 9:15 AM

Aug 2016
Well the Arima scene was not that bad I guess, except that the whole One Eyed King thing was not properly build up thanks to the terrible pacing...

For the rest of the episode...maaan I don't know what they are doing...what is their plan for Mutsuki? They already messed the character's development up in the first season and now they change things around again? I hope they at least show flashbacks of what happened in that cave or something...
Anyway the anime is beyond saving and I only come back here every weak to rant a bit about it.

Oh and also, were the new Quinqe Squad members ever introduced in the Anime? I don't remember...would not surprise me if not
Oct 30, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2013
RIP Arima, Kaneki will make your dream come true.
Oct 30, 2018 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
GreeenSponge said:
Well the Arima scene was not that bad I guess, except that the whole One Eyed King thing was not properly build up thanks to the terrible pacing...

For the rest of the episode...maaan I don't know what they are doing...what is their plan for Mutsuki? They already messed the character's development up in the first season and now they change things around again? I hope they at least show flashbacks of what happened in that cave or something...
Anyway the anime is beyond saving and I only come back here every weak to rant a bit about it.

Oh and also, were the new Quinqe Squad members ever introduced in the Anime? I don't remember...would not surprise me if not

lol I know right, I'm surprised at how low the show is sunken. I've seen hentai with better story. At least for the anime. The manga is amazing tho.
Oct 30, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2016
I am just hoping for episode 6 not to be ass because if anyone has read chapters 123-132 (excluding 125 for reasons XD) they know what I mean and hopefully hoping to see that in the anime as well ;p
Oct 30, 2018 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
The scene with Arima's death was decent I guess.....didn't really care for anything else though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 30, 2018 10:19 AM
Mar 2018
Another shitty episode. Arima's death was supposed to be emotional I guess but this anime is so terrible so I just don't care about anyone because I know nothing about them
Oct 30, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
Amon escaped this episode, and Akira’s talk with Touka is happening next episode. You guys realize what this means right? They’re going to cut out the RC retrieval operation as well.
Oct 30, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was absolutely watchable. Definitely fast, but not that confusing. And many scenes were portrayed decent.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2018 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
''The one who wished for death more than anyone else was the grim reaper himself.''

Arima's death was better in manga I think.
Oct 30, 2018 11:01 AM
Aug 2018
Mutsuki is easily one of the worst things about the :re manga and yet they somehow messed even her characterisation up, completely skipping over the only thing that made them even tolerable imo. The stuff with Amon and Akira largely fell flat and since when had Naki and Tsukiyama met before in the anime? Wasn't the worst episode so far but it was both boring despite the speed and irritating through all the petty changes
Oct 30, 2018 11:11 AM

Jun 2009
at least a lil but of the quinx squad waited to see more orf urie and co getting mutsuki back.
okay ep i guess even soo the heart is still missing its soo not deep that yu kinda feel much about the charas if anything at all
Oct 30, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2015
One disappointing episode after another. I'm not even sure what the plot of this season is anymore. I don't understand why I keep watching. Might be because I have a poster of Kaneki on my wall?
Oct 30, 2018 11:30 AM
Oct 2018
i really want to like Tokyo ghoul re. But since i haven't read the manga all the characters mean nothing and i feel i dont know whats actually going on 99 percent of the time.. the only one i sorta know is Ken but even then its still kinda ehh. i still like it in a way and will finish it but im disappointed they didn't keep anime watchers in the loop. ruined it for me an i loved Tokyo ghoul, at least the 1st season.
Oct 30, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2017
Still pretty bad adaptation, but the Arima scene was done very well. I wish they'd keep it closer to how that was done from this point forward.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Oct 30, 2018 11:44 AM
Aug 2018
OwlHeart said:
One disappointing episode after another. I'm not even sure what the plot of this season is anymore. I don't understand why I keep watching. Might be because I have a poster of Kaneki on my wall?

I can see my Kaneki poster out the corner of my eye while watching, and every time I look at it I feel bad I'm still watching this every week on the day of release :3
Oct 30, 2018 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
Well, that's it. The great parts of TG:re has been covered. Since the manga itself fell downhill from this point, then I couldn't expect it to get any better.
As expected from a 12-episodes season trying to adapt 122 chapters. As if the first season wasn't rushed enough.
AutoHaddock said:
Mutsuki is easily one of the worst things about the :re manga and yet they somehow messed even her characterisation up, completely skipping over the only thing that made them even tolerable imo. The stuff with Amon and Akira largely fell flat and since when had Naki and Tsukiyama met before in the anime? Wasn't the worst episode so far but it was both boring despite the speed and irritating through all the petty changes
Naki and Shuu have met e.o. once before, that was in a parallel universe other than √A lol
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 30, 2018 11:57 AM

Dec 2017
so the whole mutsuki being dismembered and stuff was skipped, huh? lul
dunno, watched it 2x speed while sippin on some monster energy and thought the pacing was kinda slow and not enough action
Oct 30, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
GreeenSponge said:

I don't think they skipped anything concerning Mutsuki yet (I mean not counting what they skipped in the first season), it was like that in manga too, Urie finds him in the cave and what really happened is showed a little bit later. But considering they didn't show any of that in the preview is making me a little bit anxious.
Oct 30, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
uninstallthegame said:
dunno, watched it 2x speed while sippin on some monster energy and thought the pacing was kinda slow and not enough action

Yeah it was. But it added nothing anyway. Would've been a nice gory moment, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2018 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
I can't even laugh at this anymore.
Something must have been broken inside of me.
Oct 30, 2018 12:19 PM

Jun 2017
I don't mind them skipping Mutsuki altogether but it's gonna be hella confusing for anime only viewers later on, especially when her obsession with a certain someone will surface...
Oct 30, 2018 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
Pierrot killed this adaptation so bad that I just couldn't give a crap for Arima's death. How disappointing.
Oct 30, 2018 12:20 PM

Dec 2017
FMmatron said:
uninstallthegame said:

Yeah it was. But it added nothing anyway. Would've been a nice gory moment, tho.

that was gruesome and had to be expected that they wouldn't include it in the anime. i think that scene had some backstory behind her character. it was pretty good tbh. but it really doesn't matter anymore since she's just another bland squad member without backstory, actually, with these skips a lot of characters are like that
Oct 30, 2018 12:30 PM

Feb 2017
The arima/kaneki scene was the only good thing.
Oct 30, 2018 12:38 PM
Mar 2018

uninstallthegame said:

She was dismembered? She seems ok here

btw xD

Oct 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2017
SNDT said:

uninstallthegame said:

btw xD

yeah, man. the dude who kidnapped her is named Torso, because he dismembers his victims and leaves just the torso of them. he gets really into this stuff. he chose her because of her wicked regeneration factor, so he could dismember her over and over again

so he got rid of her limbs and she had only torso and her head left, and was about to rape her. and then she snapped, regenerated her whole body instantly and this is what happened to Torso (Graphic content btw)

uninstallthegameOct 30, 2018 1:06 PM
Oct 30, 2018 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
uninstallthegame said:
SNDT said:

btw xD

yeah, man. the dude who kidnapped her is named Torso, because he dismembers his victims and leaves just the torso of them. he gets really into this stuff. he chose her because of her wicked regeneration factor, so he could dismember her over and over again

so he got rid of her limbs and she had only torso and her head left, and was about to rape her. and then she snapped, regenerated her whole body instantly and this is what happened to Torso (Graphic content btw)

The best part were the side notes and what Mutsuki did with his head and anus xD

Oct 30, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
FMmatron said:
uninstallthegame said:

The best part were the side notes and what Mutsuki did with his head and anus xD

Torso became true to his alterego XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 30, 2018 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
I liked Arima/Kaneki scene, it was well animated and kind of emotional, too.
I was also disappointed they cut Mutsuki scenes into 5 seconds, I am not gore fan but it is connected with future events, so.. let´s see if they will ever mention it again.
ED is growing on me, so relaxed. And it foreshadows the epilogue nicely.
I just don´t understand people who rate anime after 2,3 episodes and that leads to result 6 for TG_re 2 on MAL. Maybe the Pierrot will actually invest into it more in later episodes? Or I am just a hopeless romantic? :D
And btw I don´t have high hopes for ch125, by this pacing the only thing we will see would be a
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Oct 30, 2018 1:20 PM
Mar 2018
uninstallthegame said:
SNDT said:

btw xD

Oh, I see. But how did she manage to do this shit? She seemed pretty weak in anime up to this point.
Oct 30, 2018 1:32 PM

Aug 2016
Darkbloom said:
GreeenSponge said:

I don't think they skipped anything concerning Mutsuki yet (I mean not counting what they skipped in the first season), it was like that in manga too, Urie finds him in the cave and what really happened is showed a little bit later. But considering they didn't show any of that in the preview is making me a little bit anxious.

Oh really? guess I am not remembering everything correctly, but I am pretty sure that Mutsuki was fighting Takizawa (and Amon too I think) before Urie and the others arrived there...
Oct 30, 2018 1:44 PM

Dec 2017
SNDT said:
uninstallthegame said:

Oh, I see. But how did she manage to do this shit? She seemed pretty weak in anime up to this point.

she's insanely strong, it's just at first she seems weak. not gonna spoil anything, because they may show it later on. you can read chapter 79 of manga. it's her backstory and shows what really happened before Urie arrived to the cave
Oct 30, 2018 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
All I can say that this episode is all over the island battle place by place. Hell I do not remember much about what happened in the manga. But we all can agree the adaptation is just not getting any better. And many can consider that this series got bad treatment.
Oct 30, 2018 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
The scene of whathisname screaming "Papa!" while crying and thata artstyle was absolute comedy gold. Only decent thing from this episode.
Oct 30, 2018 3:24 PM
Jun 2017
The action is pretty much all over the place! ://
Like, what the hell is happening??
I didn't feel anything for Arima's death tbh but I guess it's sad to see him die.
Oct 30, 2018 5:06 PM

Dec 2014
This week on Tokyo Ghoul Re : Season 2,
More characters I don't give two shits about die.

I guess Arima did die but I don't really care for him, don't even know much about him and this episodes changes nothing. I guess that reveal about him being the One Eyed King was kinda cool but let's be real, I don't really care for the story at this point.

There was that one scene with Eto so I'll give this episode a few points for that. 5/10 (5 points for Eto)
Lelouch0202Oct 30, 2018 5:12 PM
Oct 30, 2018 5:28 PM

Mar 2016
When I was reading the manga, I had hated Arima the whole time. Despite that, when he died, I felt horribly sad. Here, I didn't feel sad at all.

The timeline is too mixed, and it's confusing me. The manga was kind of confusing too, but you could understand it if you thought about it properly. The anime is just too damn confusing.

Why remove the part where Mutsuki went yangire and tried to kill Akira? That was the reason Amon had decided to save her.

I think Kaneki and Eto were supposed to have their last conversation, but I can't remember anymore.

One of the junior quinx guys yelled about releasing frame 3. Tokyo Ghoul isn't a shounen manga, and the characters' actions don't need to be named!!

Next episode, Akira is fine? I guess she doesn't need RC suppressants because they replaced the kagune attack with a quinque attack? But, isn't a quinque also made of kagune?

I love Tokyo Ghoul, and I want more people to love it. So, it makes me quite sad that this anime ruins it for the anime-only people.
Oct 30, 2018 5:32 PM

Mar 2014
A load of crap...just like the rest of this season has been so far.

Only see manga readers supporting and actaully liking this crap
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 30, 2018 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
Arima and Kaneki scene was executed perfectly, unlike the rest of the adaptation... lol.
Oct 30, 2018 5:58 PM

Sep 2013
I hate studio pierrot as an anime studio. Get woke, go broke needs to happen to them.

Oct 30, 2018 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
I was determined to finish this series...
I made it 6 minutes into this episode...
Disgusting.
It makes absolutely zero sense at all.
This will be the first series I've EVER dropped completely.
I can't let this p.o.s. ruin my opinion of what is otherwise an amazingly well-written story.
Shame on this studio for ruining Tokyo Ghoul.
removed-userOct 30, 2018 6:11 PM
Oct 30, 2018 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
The Washu Clan aren't ghouls sympathizers...