3It was OK
26.7%
2Disliked it
10.0%
1Hated it
5.6%
Average 3.7
90 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2017 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, I think this was the best episode out of all the others so far. Events took a serious turn and they are still trying to prevent that super weapon from activiting.

I also think this is the first true antagonist they've fought in this show so far.
Marie's investigation leads to a darker turn of events too. Sadly, I don't think this episode can save the show from what it is now but it is better than some of the others. There's certainly less shitty comedy now and more focused on storytelling.
May 11, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
So an episode of depression and pessimism.
Till the green hared brat appeared again the save Mary from Depression.
She was acting pretty harsh tho when beating up that politician.
May 11, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2007
Half way through the series, and I have no idea what's going on.
Don't enjoy any of the characters, they are all pretty boring.
May 11, 2017 1:31 PM

Jan 2017
I liked the battle scene in the beginning. And the more epic tone of the middle part gave me hope the show's potential would finally be put to use. But nope, it ended in the same kind of stereotypical joke as always.

Naoto really is a little child. Ok, he's selfish. But what's missing is that little glimpse of a good character he hasn't shown so far. Like that, he's nothing but a disgusting brat that needs to get his ass kicked.
May 11, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2016
I still don't know who AnchoR is, I just keep hearing the word purge. The OP is enjoyable, that is all.

May 11, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2014
Episode was fairly mediocre in my opinion.

Halfway through the series and I'm sad that I'm unable to like this as much as I wanted too. I still believe this plot and everything could've been approached and executed much better given the setting. The dialogue is hardy interesting and the character dynamics could be better as well. Hopefully, the second half of the show gets better.
Fights are mostly average but the beam abilities are cool. Points for that.

Are all these 12 episodes just gonna be about them stopping the machine thing? Half way through the series and we're pretty much still continuing from the first arc. I guess it's safe to say we won't learn much about the world and it's history?

The thing that interested me the most about this episode was that old man in the underground place.
Lelouch0202May 11, 2017 2:15 PM
May 11, 2017 2:50 PM

Jun 2015
Things got serious for a bit. Marie just doesn't care who she hurts in order the save the world. Her investigations lead to some dark reveals. She was heartbroken when she thought Naoto is dead, but it turns out he wasn't. Now they're going their separate ways to do things.
May 11, 2017 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode again.
Can't wait for OST release.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 11, 2017 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
An ok episode I guess.

May 11, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, that sure was convenient, them meeting up again like that. Show is just throwing in whatever it whats whenever it wants it seems.

Let out a sigh when I saw that map of theirs with the land masses being gears.
May 11, 2017 5:15 PM

Dec 2016
Oh boy that resonance cannon was a tad op.

Naoto once again that hearing ability of his is incredibly using helping them all dodge AnchoR's attacks.

I do like Marie's feelings throughout this episode, she showed a lot of emtions due to thinking that Naoto was dead, I appreciate the fact that she cares.

Really looking forward to next episode, RyuZU Vs AnchoR.
May 11, 2017 5:45 PM

May 2015
Nothing more to say other than that it was just another ok episode.

May 11, 2017 5:47 PM
Aug 2011
rickscytheMay 11, 2017 9:00 PM
May 11, 2017 6:12 PM

May 2009
Finally better than the previous episodes, but it still got a long way to go. :(
I hope the adaptation of the second part will improve, but yeah... well.

At least they make it limpid Marie want to save people while Naoto want to save AnchoR.

Lelouch0202 said:
I guess it's safe to say we won't learn much about the world and it's history?

What kind of elements you're thinking about?

@rickscythe
May 11, 2017 8:37 PM
Aug 2011
Djidji said:
Finally better than the previous episodes, but it still got a long way to go. :(

At least they make it limpid Marie want to save people while Naoto want to save AnchoR.

Lelouch0202 said:

@rickscythe

rickscytheMay 11, 2017 8:42 PM
May 11, 2017 8:57 PM

Feb 2015
I have no clue what's going on anymore, the characters seem to keep making me want to hate them, and the story just seems all over the place. I'll finish the series just to finish it, but please, I don't want any specials, OVAs, ONAs, movies, or sequels. Let this die/finish with one season.

That all said, is the manga worth a read? I need something to make this trash watchable.

P.S. - Tbh, Naoto actually dying would've made this a whole lot more interesting... That or at least making him seem dead until next episode.
May 11, 2017 9:27 PM
Aug 2013
rsc-pl said:
Great episode again.

it's already released bro . . . enjoy it . . . op and ed . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
May 11, 2017 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
ShinnYukiko said:
rsc-pl said:
Great episode again.

it's already released bro . . . enjoy it . . . op and ed . . .

OP and ED is no the OST.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 11, 2017 10:16 PM

Jan 2015
Whoa, a Storm-style use with Greatsword and HBG too? Not bad, AnchoR-chan.
Everyone's except Halter "falling" in this episode. Naoto and RyuZu to the Clockwork Planet's core, then Marie to the "dark side". Then again, too bad it doesn't take one whole episode to make Marie meet with Naoto and RyuZu and back from the "Dark side". LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 11, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2014
Djidji said:

Lelouch0202 said:

Well, we got a little intro into the history of the world regarding the whole Y thing during the first episode. I was hoping they would expand on how everything came about, why are gears so important to the world, who Y is and what the automata actually might be and stuff along those lines. Just more detail on the actual setting and I'd appreciate some more world building. Halfway through the series and we're still focused on the same save the world kinda scenario so I feel we might not really go into depth regarding the world lore.
May 11, 2017 11:15 PM

Mar 2016
They threw a lot of meaningless subplot exposition at us in this episode and it just had me thinking wtf is going on and why? I hope they can explain in the next episode without being so all over the place! I liked the fight with AnchoR and I'm interested to see what happens with her next time.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 12, 2017 1:32 AM
Mar 2016
Please, could somebody tell me what happened in the conversation between Marie and that old man? I didn't understand it, really, what were they talking about?
May 12, 2017 5:04 AM

Dec 2015
Halfway through and not even a sign of this show getting better even by a bit, honestly I'm super disappointed, I need to choose my anime more carefully next time.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 12, 2017 6:09 AM

Jan 2011
his is becoming unbearable. The writing was really fill to the brim with corn/y chessy lines and borderline dialogue I would hear from low budget American sci-fi and action films.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Jan 2015
This was certainly better than the last episode. Solid 4/10.
May 12, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2016
Halfway through and it still seems we haven't been properly shifted to the concept of the "Clockwork Planet". Old guy underground is obviously "Y" lol assuming he lives a hundred years or so.

The characters interactions still feels really one dimensional for me. The tone shift with the politician is also really unnerving. The OP still sounds really weird but somewhat enjoyable.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

May 12, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
AnchoR too good ad they have to retreat, marie sad cause naoto "died" and does some interrogation to find the gov will use the giant weapon to clear their name.
May 12, 2017 11:26 AM

May 2009
rickscythe said:

Catsyk said:
Please, could somebody tell me what happened in the conversation between Marie and that old man? I didn't understand it, really, what were they talking about?

It's explained that 30 years ago, a city, Shiga, got purged because of an incident. The government chose to purge the city before the Guild could try any repair (almost like with Tokyo).
Muroi, the old man, revealed the government did this purge to cover their experiment on electromagnetic which leaded to the Shiga's deterioration. Electromagnatic studies are forbidden by a treaty among all the countries due to its impact on gears. Developping an electromagnitic weapon equals developping a nuclear weapon in our case.
All the scientists (of Shiga's military) working on the project, abandoned by the government, didn't die during Shiga's purge and went to Mie's underground instead to pursue their study.
They hide and built an electromagnetic weapon (the big one you saw) to use it as a deterrent so that the government doesn't purge Mie as well to hide the truth. Still, the government can't blindly purge Mie for no reason since conducting a purge means you definitively lost it. (A city can't be rebuilt) Doing so would get the attention of the other countries and hinted they are hiding something. Therefore, there was a neutral position about the two side.
The thing is, when Marie stopped the purge in Tokyo, she revealed the wrongdoing of the Kyoto's military and the government by diffusing information about them trying to kill 20 millions of people for no reason, leading to a lack of trust from the society.
To reclaim this trust, the government chose to break the neutral situation with Shiga's military to prove they were fighting rebels using electromagnetic weapons.
That's why the giant weapon was activated.
Consequently, Mie is likely to get purged as well (with other cities) as the governor of Mie feared, that's why he was blaming Marie for this situation.

Hope it's clear enough. ><
DjidjiMay 13, 2017 8:53 AM
May 12, 2017 3:57 PM

Apr 2017
A good episode, nothing more.
May 13, 2017 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
so government conflicts again huh...
3/5.

May 14, 2017 1:40 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that was full of revelations
First to think that anchoR was not in full control of herself when she attacked Marie and Nauto that was surprising. Second was that the reason why the weapon was there was because of the governments purging of another city because word had leaked of illegal research that they were conducting on behalf of the government and third that the weapon was now activated and that there will be war between the government and that weapon. There was some development of Marie's character here especially in light of Nauto's presumed death. Marie become more serious after that and maybe more violent. Her beating of that governor was unexpected. Still its nice that Nauto and Ryu were able to get back to stop Marie from getting more rash though. Gosh those two really rub off each others personality and find motivation from each other eh lol.

Hmm so it seems that this is not the kinda meeting that Nauto had in mind when meeting anchR lol. RyuZu looks like she was surprised as well. AnchoR's battle gear does look pretty impressive. Crimson murderer would be a apt term for her in this form. Ryu's demand to AnchoR though was definitely full of anger which is unsurprising given that she cares for Nauto and takes his protection very seriously. Hmm Nauto's ability extends to predicting enemy attacks too eh. Well AnchoR's attacks would cause sound effects that are audible i guess. It does seem that this ability is being forced upon her though given her pleads. The combo of the teamwork of Halter and Ryu would have worked against normal enemies but against this form even thats not enough. Hmm so AnchorR is able to draw weapons from other dimensions as well eh. Impressive. Hmm so Mari hit upon the idea of destroying the floor beneath AnchorR to halt her eh. Smart thinking. Depending on how deep the hole is it will take some time for her to get back up. Well for conventional foes i guess which you can't apply to anchoR it seems. Man the kind of weapons that AnchoR is able to use is impressive. A battle cruiser level weapon eh. The level of firepower she has is ridiculous. Hmm i wonder was falling into the hole part of Nauto and Ryu's plan. AnchoR does seem to be aiming for them and not Marie after all. Hmm so the deep underground is the future version of space eh. Though Marie and Nauto didn't meet under the best circumstance over the days that they known each other both have developed a respect for each other so its nice to see Marie express sadness for their fate now. Still its nice that Marie is able to recover from the shock and think logically of what they had found before.

A town that was mysteriously deserted. A weapon that exists beneath a floor that shouldn't exist. What does that tell you. Hmm the voice of her thoughts is of the opinion that she had killed Nauto eh. In the end Marie is still just still a teenager despite her great skills. The revelation that her actions had led to the presumed death of her friend is something that she shouldn't need to burden herself with or deal with for that matter. Its ok to cry sometimes you know Marie. Hmm so Marie opted to infiltrate the governor's residence and interrogate him eh. Hmm i like Marie's outfit though makes her look like an adult lol. Hmm so the governor knew of it but lets another party deal with it eh. Hmm so the weapon was built by military remnants from a city that was purged because of a defect eh. So that purge was done because that city was conducting research that broke international treaties eh. The military sure don't care about civilian casualties don't they only that they get rid of the stain. The surviving scientists and military from that city then went underground biding their time to get revenge on the government eh. Hmm given that their city was sunk by the government to prevent news of the research from getting out the governors own city will be next to be purged if he went public. I can see why he opted to stay quiet. So the weapon itself is a deterrent to stop the government eh.

The fact that its ready to activate means that its discovery was what caused it. Hmm so Marie's revealing of the truth behind Kyoto's attempted purge not only embarrassed the government but cost them trust and money and thus causing them to take new action eh. By destroying Mie they hope they regain their status eh. Marie's psych was already affected by Nauto's presumed death and now this new action is having profound impact on her as well. Damm thats some heavy stuff for Marie there though. Whats more it seems that the government really wants to fight a war. The revelation that this world is run by people like that must hurt Marie a lot. Marie had hoped that her actions so far in revealing the evils had helped the world but instead it had the opposite effect. Lol damm but Nauto and Ryu sure made a timely entrance though. Marie's greeting of Nauto though lol. Ryu's response at seeing Nauto being grabbed though was hillarious. Nauto's reasoning is just really simple though lol. He just wants to see anchoR and anything that stands in his way is an enemy lol. But lol Nauto really knows how to get Marie mad and at the same time motivate her though lol. Still its nice to see that both rub off each other when it comes to motivation though. But i guess their path is clear then. To attack Tokyo it seems.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2017 2:51 AM

Feb 2016
"If a girl cries like a girl, nobody is going to say anything"

Thank you very much Halter for the inspirational quote, I learnt a lot.
May 18, 2017 1:57 AM

Mar 2016
The torture scene out of nowhere was pure WTF.
May 18, 2017 9:09 AM
Mar 2012
has bits of interesting plot finally
Family guy might have the best va so far...maybe
May 18, 2017 7:41 PM

Apr 2011
A bit confusing on what's happening. What I understand that Marie and Co's actions to save millions of people is to blame?
May 20, 2017 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
this story is so confusing. They explain things in such a superficial way that a lot of things don't make sense. I wonder if the original material is confusing like the anime
May 22, 2017 4:44 AM

Nov 2009
agilityredfox said:
I still don't know who AnchoR is,

AnchoR is the girl in the underground complex. The one who turns red and fights with a spinning cube.
She is RyuZU's little sister, thus, an automaton made by the legendary Y.

Magito said:
A bit confusing on what's happening. What I understand that Marie and Co's actions to save millions of people is to blame?

That part is pure demagoguery on the mayor's part. And pure speculation too.
Basically, the government received a massive loss of trust with the reveal of the conspiracy of the first arc. So they wanted a small and victorious war to make their ratings go up. This is a well-known bad idea, but the government still did it. Since they were not brave enough to pick a fight with a proper small country, they decided to fight rebel scientists instead.
And now the rebel uber-dreadnought is marching towards Tokyo, armed with AnchoR (and possibly some other weapons). No matter whether the army wins, or the rebels win, it will mean massive destruction near the battlefield (which means a large part of Tokyo will be destroyed, likely killing a lot of people).
Just like Halter has said, there is no blame with Marie. She has made the best possible outcome in the first arc, and this war is all government's fault.

But now the heroes have to pull off something crazy to make things right. Because nobody else can.

Railtracks said:
the characters seem to keep making me want to hate them, and the story just seems all over the place.

Isn't it nice to have non-cliche characters and plot? all those "anime doesn't have enough innovation" people must be crying with joy!
Well, the only character I don't like is the MC. The others are getting hang of manipulating him into heroing, but I like self-motivated heroes better.

Lelouch0202 said:
Djidji said:

Well, we got a little intro into the history of the world regarding the whole Y thing during the first episode. I was hoping they would expand on how everything came about, why are gears so important to the world, who Y is and what the automata actually might be and stuff along those lines. Just more detail on the actual setting and I'd appreciate some more world building. Halfway through the series and we're still focused on the same save the world kinda scenario so I feel we might not really go into depth regarding the world lore.

As usual, when the anime isn't deep enough, the light novel (or manga) might shed some light on it. But I have low expectations from that, because the world doesn't make much sense.

Catsyk said:

The old man must be the old repairman from her team in arc 1. He was saying that AnchoR is going to Tokyo.
Or are you talking about any other old man, like the mayor or her bodyguard?
May 22, 2017 2:39 PM
Mar 2016

Catsyk said:

The old man must be the old repairman from her team in arc 1. He was saying that AnchoR is going to Tokyo.

I mean the part when she went crazy and got a latex uniform or something
May 24, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2009
Catsyk said:

The guy they strapped to the chair and beat up was a mayor of the city they were in. @Djidji explained it pretty well. Was it understandable enough?
I can simplify it a bit.
Basically, the city is taken over by rebel scientists who are hiding underground. The scientists have plenty of reasons to be rebels, because their lab and their city got "purged" (that is, thrown down to surface of the Earth where no man can live), because politics.
The scientists have took all the city's most important gears, and built a giant war robot out of them - the one we see underground. At first it was alright, but now they're going on the war path, because politics (triggered by the MCs winning the first arc).
May 24, 2017 7:00 AM
Mar 2016
flannan said:
Catsyk said:

The guy they strapped to the chair and beat up was a mayor of the city they were in. @Djidji explained it pretty well. Was it understandable enough?
I can simplify it a bit.
Basically, the city is taken over by rebel scientists who are hiding underground. The scientists have plenty of reasons to be rebels, because their lab and their city got "purged" (that is, thrown down to surface of the Earth where no man can live), because politics.
The scientists have took all the city's most important gears, and built a giant war robot out of them - the one we see underground. At first it was alright, but now they're going on the war path, because politics (triggered by the MCs winning the first arc).

Much clearer, thanks to both of you, guys, now I seem to get it better :)
Aug 17, 2017 7:51 PM

Jun 2012
Oh, when Anchor draws the god eater look alike sword from the other dimension, the slow motion tilting was kinda amazing.

Marie going depress then wild then 75% broken was fun and cool.
Aug 19, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2012
Great development to be honest, really wonder what will happen next!
Aug 28, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
Yeah right, that 'death scene' was SO believable and emotional.

Maybe I was too drunk while watching the earlier episodes, I didn't really get his speech.

The larger plot itself was fairly interesting, but was executed drably.
Jan 19, 2020 11:43 AM

Sep 2018
The blonde finally got hit with what she deserved untilllll she like forgets what she just learned.

This anime could've been better, the setting is pretty good but the characters are pretty bad. Though this may not have the harem tag I feel like its gonna turn into one
Jun 13, 2022 3:26 PM

Jan 2020
A lot of characters seem to "die" in this.

The interrogation scene was pretty cringe, even more so because they went out of their way to avoid any direct blows. Nothing but implied violence. Plus, Marie is just really bad at conveying any sense of dread. This uppity child needs a hobby.

I had a hard time following whatever Marie was talking about at the end of the episode too. At this point I'm watching this show, but it's just not holding my attention.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 25, 2023 8:58 PM

Dec 2022
Seems like the government in this anime is mostly comprised of psycho lunatics.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.