3It was OK
15.1%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
139 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 10, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode. With the ideas that Koharu came up with, they are starting to move forward although they still got a long wait to go.

For their group to succeed, I feel like they need more support.
The movie production idea sounds kinda risky imo.
May 10, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
So this time it's a movie and from the looks of it there are some complications about it.
Anyway it seems Maki has some issues with her past and the actress of the movie, tho the actress isn't really at fault and their relationship doesn't seem bad.
Guess things need to be resolved somehow.
May 10, 2017 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Very good episode 5/5

Erika(*^.^*)
May 10, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
Nice thought Eri-chan. That way your grandma will surely permit her shop to get for the shoot.
Damn that's hilarious.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 10, 2017 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, this drama filming is epic.

Ririko tricking her Mom into helping the production company was awesome, her mom was savage on Old man Kadota during the filming. XDD

I like how they're contrasting different people through the filming, Yoshino with the 3rd director and Maki with her kouhai.
The 3rd director is a worn out and stressed man to the point he looks like a zombie without makeup, yet he continues to working hard simply because he loves the job. In contrast Yoshino hasn't ever been able to feel like that in any of the jobs she taken.

The contrast between Maki and her Kouhai with the degree of their conviction was also nice. Sanae is however right, don't reject the things you've done. :)

I laughed so hard at that Zombie scene, Old man Kadota jumping on the lead actor was so hilarious. XDDD
The painter dude at the end was hilarious too, Takeshi-san!! What? XDD
We need more scenes like these.

I wanna give Shiori a hug. :(
May 10, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
Ririko tricking her Mom into helping the production company was great. I wonder why Shiori didn't want the house destroyed. Nice to see an episode focused on Maki. She put so much effort into acting, but she didn't go nowhere. The assistant director loves his job, despite wanting to quit at times. Kadota jumping on the lead actor was funny.
May 10, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Was wondering what kind of movie they were going to do and it tuned out it was a zombie movie lol the old man seemed to be enjoying himself tho.

Oden tantei got her fair share of drama this week too.
May 10, 2017 11:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
God damn cicadas, ruining Maki's passion for acting! In all honesty, i thought this was a stupid initiator but the point got across with her being passed by Moe and taking it as a conclusion to her career (no passion compared to others). It's pretty childish but Sanae set her straight hopefully.

Shiori clearly has some ties to the house or just to the town in general that are strong enough to the point when she doesn't let it burn.
May 10, 2017 11:47 AM

May 2015
Great episode. So now it's Maki's time to shine. Good, because we haven't seen that much of her so far, and I personally like her a lot as well. Hopefully she'll find the motivation and love for acting again.

On a side note, Riri tricking her grandmother was just adorable and gold, and it seems like Erika has a crush XD. All great stuff.

May 10, 2017 1:01 PM

Nov 2016
Liked this episode a lot, not just because it was centered around my favorite girl Makiok mainly cause it was about her and shooting a movie.

The scenes at the set were pretty amusing and most of the staff nice, the director on the other hand was a douche.

Maki was really troubled and insecure during this episode, fortunately for her Sanae did some realtalk and it seems like she realized what she has to do. Looking forward for the outcome next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 10, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2013
Film shoot, the main director is sht and no one notices shiori's sad mood from wanting to burn the house down :'(
Maki with some realizations.
May 10, 2017 1:38 PM

Apr 2012
Cool episode but I wish PA would stop relying on the unprofessional director trope for their twists.
May 10, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
Erika looked really cute when she was blushing at Maki's brother. =)

Speaking of which, the spotlight is on Maki and she doesn't want any acting role in the small movie whatsoever. It's a good thing that Moe knows her from the acting theatre in the past, so she was able to have a catch-up talk with her.

Sanae's talk to Maki should have more of an impact on Maki though. If it all goes well in the next episode, then I see Maki taking part in the movie after all. =)

Riri's plan to trick her mother into accepting the production company to use her shop in the movie was pretty cool of her to do. As for her mother, she had such a good laugh at Kadota's zombie look though! XD

Nice episode overall, and the cat at around the 6:30 part looked really cuddly. =3
May 10, 2017 2:24 PM
Mar 2015
The message Maki could not stomach was that to succeed you have to wallow through shit Shori is hiding the fact that she has permission to burn the house, but it is too important to her (probably where she grew up) The old man was a great zombie
May 10, 2017 2:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I forgot that Oden Detective-chan was a native like Shiori....Her brother seems pretty cool and now I wanna meet her dad and mum =o

When they announced that a movie was gonna get filmed there I was impressed but after seeing that one scene that they shot I can't take it seriously anymore xD This dude told this girl to marry him and made it seem like he was about to do something badass only to immediately die as soon as he stepped out the door LMFAOOOOOOOO

Other than that, I'm with you on everything you said @Lelouch0202
May 10, 2017 3:16 PM

Sep 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

I wanna give Shiori a hug. :(

Agreed. She's too wonderful to be sad.

May 10, 2017 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
A good episode. It was nice seeing Riri tricking her grandmother and old man Kadota was into his role as a zombie.

Something was troubling Shiori in this episode about that abandoned mansion. We'll have to wait next week to find out. It was nice of Sanae to talk to Maki and set her straight.

Little Erika has a crush on Maki's brother. She looked cute adorable when she blushed.

May 10, 2017 5:57 PM

Dec 2016
Nice work there by Ririko getting her granny to agree that easily.

Yeah I don't really like this director.

I wonder why Shiori doesn't want that house to burn down? Hopefully it's explained soon.

Maki has a lot of issues to deal with, hopefully things get better for her.

Looks like Sandal got a role, he was definitely into it at the end there.
May 10, 2017 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
damnit director had to be one of those types huh, film crew seemed pretty professional till he showed up.

some hypocrisy going on between Maki & Sanae.

but worse of all our lovely Shiori is sad and that makes me sad :( she was our support with her "No Worries"
May 10, 2017 6:54 PM
May 2015
Poor Maki. It was really obvious from the start of the episode that she didn't want anything to do with filming anymore, and everyone was still with the trying to get her to participate. (It's amazing how oblivious anime characters are.) Sometime's it's okay to decide that something that you've spent a lot of time and effort on actually just isn't what you want to do with your life. No one's getting on Sanae's case for deciding she didn't want to be a businessperson, or whatever she was doing; they get on her case for things she's doing now.
May 10, 2017 8:03 PM

Jun 2015
Gevaisa said:
Poor Maki. It was really obvious from the start of the episode that she didn't want anything to do with filming anymore, and everyone was still with the trying to get her to participate. (It's amazing how oblivious anime characters are.) Sometime's it's okay to decide that something that you've spent a lot of time and effort on actually just isn't what you want to do with your life. No one's getting on Sanae's case for deciding she didn't want to be a businessperson, or whatever she was doing; they get on her case for things she's doing now.

Maki has never told them before that she was done with acting though. In fact, she's really not told the others much about herself at all. So of course the others are going to try and help her out in getting a film role, it's only the natural thing to do when they know Maki likes acting.

Also, no one is getting on Sanae's case because Sanae didn't quit doing what she loved due to some weak-ass excuse about not catching a break. Sanae straight-up didn't have the passion for it and had to find that. Maki apparently is passionate about acting but would rather use the weak-ass excuse that she couldn't eat a cicada and that is why she didn't get roles rather than nutting up and continuing to work towards her dream.

Sanae is 100% right that Maki is just being pitiful at this point and wallowing in self-loathing rather than moving forwards. Also Maki was a dick to Yoshi who was only trying to help her.
May 10, 2017 9:47 PM
May 2015
RealityRush said:

Maki has never told them before that she was done with acting though. In fact, she's really not told the others much about herself at all. So of course the others are going to try and help her out in getting a film role, it's only the natural thing to do when they know Maki likes acting.

Also, no one is getting on Sanae's case because Sanae didn't quit doing what she loved due to some weak-ass excuse about not catching a break. Sanae straight-up didn't have the passion for it and had to find that. Maki apparently is passionate about acting but would rather use the weak-ass excuse that she couldn't eat a cicada and that is why she didn't get roles rather than nutting up and continuing to work towards her dream.

Sanae is 100% right that Maki is just being pitiful at this point and wallowing in self-loathing rather than moving forwards. Also Maki was a dick to Yoshi who was only trying to help her.

That's fairly clearly how it's going to go in the story, it just bothers me how it's all presented. In reality, roping someone into doing something like that without asking them first is kind of a dick move, especially if you don't know them well. Sure, they knew that she had acted, but they also knew that she had responded negatively to the prospect of being a stage hand. They interpreted that incorrectly, but they really shouldn't have interpreted it at all; they didn't know enough to jump to a conclusion like they did. And if Maki was passionate enough about acting to perservere through the bullshit that is the acting industry, then she would have done so, instead of quitting. Working towards your dream is all nice and stuff, but things have costs – emotional costs, monetary costs, costs of time – and sometimes it's just not worth it, no matter how much you want it.
May 10, 2017 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Anyone know who voiced Moe? She sounds so familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
May 10, 2017 10:22 PM

Apr 2012
-Trippwire- said:
Anyone know who voiced Moe? She sounds so familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
The credits say
https://myanimelist.net/people/11297/Inori_Minase
May 10, 2017 10:35 PM

Jan 2015
I kinda just realized it, the thing that i appreciate in Sakura Quest is how instead of having flashbacks shown to us, characters themselves talk about them which it makes it more realistic.
May 11, 2017 12:17 AM

May 2016
You a zambie, too ? That killed me :D
May 11, 2017 1:20 AM

Dec 2016
I have just one thing to say about this episode:

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
May 11, 2017 1:27 AM
Apr 2017
SANDAL-SAN IS THE BEST CHARACTER. NO ARGUMENTS. hahahaha!

life lesson: wanna succeed? eat a cicada.
May 11, 2017 1:29 AM

Aug 2016
Am i the only one who thinks that this anime is getting boring........

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 11, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2015
I feel bad for Shiori.

It's always funny seeing Sanae getting scared or surprised.

Good job Riri
May 11, 2017 6:12 AM

Feb 2008
The old man definitely handles the role of a zombie well...

The female cast displays significant ingenuity while catering to the production team's requests. In that respect, Ririko's clever reverse psychology worked particularly well.

I wonder why is Shiori attached to that particular house...
May 11, 2017 6:25 AM

Mar 2009
Sanae continues to be best girl. Loved what she said to Maki. At the same time, Maki's line about how she feels that she wasted her twenties was instantly relatable. That hurt a bit.

I wonder what's up with Shiori and the house. Guess we'll find out next week.
May 11, 2017 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Gevaisa said:

That's fairly clearly how it's going to go in the story, it just bothers me how it's all presented. In reality, roping someone into doing something like that without asking them first is kind of a dick move, especially if you don't know them well. Sure, they knew that she had acted, but they also knew that she had responded negatively to the prospect of being a stage hand. They interpreted that incorrectly, but they really shouldn't have interpreted it at all; they didn't know enough to jump to a conclusion like they did. And if Maki was passionate enough about acting to perservere through the bullshit that is the acting industry, then she would have done so, instead of quitting. Working towards your dream is all nice and stuff, but things have costs – emotional costs, monetary costs, costs of time – and sometimes it's just not worth it, no matter how much you want it.

Hindsight is 20/20. Maki told them she had worked a lot of part time jobs so it was only natural they offered Maki that chance yet she overreacted. Okay maybe that part was still arguable if you want so BUT when Yoshino offered her the role because it was the logical choice, Maki was clearly in the wrong for overreacting again. It wasn't a dick move by Yoshino, if you know an actress and there's an open role anyone would've done what Yoshino did. It's as natural as asking a chef (even an amateur one) to cook. She had no way of knowing about Maki's internal struggle and didn't have any bad intention offering that role.

Also I'm pretty sure Maki is passionate enough about acting. She was just daunted by the sight of her kouhai willing to do more than she did, which makes her question if it was even worth it to continue. That's quite normal in the art and entertainment field, sort of like when artists wonder if they should continue at all after seeing a much more talented artist with their own eyes. Yes they have passion, would that be enough to stand up against bigger talent or bigger courage?
May 11, 2017 10:11 AM

Aug 2016
Decent episode. Yoshino doesn't deserve the other's bitching shit(no offense to the other characters). The filmming for the zombie's was hilarious, love Moe-chan's face when the guy got rekt. Felt really weird that the narrator for the episode preview didn't say the next episode's title in English.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

May 11, 2017 12:21 PM

Feb 2011
When the people you trust can't be trusted... To think a local would get in the way of attracting more tourists.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
May 11, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
An interesting episode. It's predictable that Maki will be lured back into acting, but how or if Shiori will prevent the old house from being burned down is another thing entirely. She even lied about the owner giving permission. Could that old house have been her childhood home or the home of a close friend at one time?

May 11, 2017 7:25 PM

Jun 2013
EratiK said:
-Trippwire- said:
The credits say
https://myanimelist.net/people/11297/Inori_Minase

Thanks. The version I watched only has Japanese credits.
May 11, 2017 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
poor animation. PA works shoudn't work with 2 projects at the same time
May 11, 2017 9:56 PM

Mar 2016
Another nice episode! The more you watch the more the characters grow on you! I can't wait to see how this movie situation wraps up next episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 12, 2017 12:13 AM

Apr 2012
-Trippwire- said:
So did mine.

I thought more people would recognise Hestia though...
May 12, 2017 1:37 AM

Jun 2015
I see that they are following the same route of story telling as of Shirobako wherein an episode or two focuses on a certain main character.

This episode though... is a bit chaotic thanks to the director :D
May 12, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2014
So it was all about Maki this episode, I hope she accepts that role and does it very well.
I can't seem to put my finger around what Shiori is worried about.
May 12, 2017 7:08 AM

Jun 2013
EratiK said:
-Trippwire- said:
So did mine.

I thought more people would recognise Hestia though...

Lol, how could I have missed that?

If there's one thing ANN is good for, it's having pretty up to date credits. I'll look there from now on before I go perusing through MAL's VA lists for new shows.
-Trippwire-May 12, 2017 5:34 PM
May 12, 2017 7:49 AM

Mar 2016
Maki's little brother is literally Subaru. Not only he looks like Subaru, but he also sounds like Subaru.

No srsly I've checked the credits, I saw Kobayashi Yusuke
No seriously.
May 12, 2017 4:19 PM

Apr 2017
Reminded me of that time in Hanasaku Iroha when they made that movie, good times :3

May 12, 2017 9:34 PM

Oct 2016
just realize the ED was a bomb, the best dis season
May 13, 2017 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
SeijiroUshio said:
I feel bad for Shiori.

Good job Riri

This was the best moment ever.
Ririko is waifu material.

» Escapism.

May 13, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
That movie is a good idea.

The episode was kinda depressing but in a good way.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 13, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
Cjakarin said:
just realize the ED was a bomb, the best dis season

really? I always skip watching it, I just listen to it while doing other stuff so I wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the heads up.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 13, 2017 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
"You're a zombie too?"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.