3It was OK
3.2%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.7
154 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 13, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the Rize flashbacks this chapter....

Excited for the upcoming fight next time and expecting more truths to be revealed.
Feb 13, 2016 5:44 PM

Dec 2014
-Eto really pulled that stunt properly, while everyone is watching.
Based scientist Ogura appears for the first time in a long time.
Those hotline workers sure have their hands full, while the based fraudent team is chilling with tea and a book. Eto's propaganda work will sell like bread, her publisher is going to rake in a lot of many shekels. Interesting symbolism she used for the title.

-Bait the Operation was apparently a success...okay.
I'm just glad that the cutie is fine.
Going all out CCG? Proper.

-Urie presenting the 'plan', just zerg rush until you die, the usual CCG style.
Shao the bae looks like Ui, not even mad.
Their make-believe family is nice, especially now that Urie changed.
Shame that the members are thinning.
Just came to mind, this is the second time Mutsuki is getting saved, kek.

-Torso finally got his waifu, first thing in order, put her in a pit and chop her limbs off.
Based ghoul sex offender is based, can't say I hate him because I'm enjoying this.
That must've been quite a harrowing scream coming from Mutsuki...
More insect symbolism for her?
There's also a number 2 under her eye.
WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THIS TOORU?!

-'If the results confirm that you're a ghoul'....Kaneki pls.
Eto is bae in whatever she wears, although I don't know how good a purpose that jacket will hold. It seems that Ukina was just as manipulative as Eto, she got close to Kuzen because of V. Although I guess she fell in love somewhere down the line, she wouldn't bother to cannibalize to birth his child otherwise.

-Kaneki is right to not trust Eto, but she obviously knows what she's talking about.
That explains the RC gate and why they're hunting Rize. However it doesn't explain why she's in V in the first place.

-Loli Rize :333
Guessing she can't understand Shachi's 'samurai' speech.
He really though of her as his daughter...shame that she was a manipulative bitch, even then.
Kuzen and Shachi are bros, or were.
Oh shit, the God of Death is here, shit is going to get real.
I'm guessing that Shachi will put up a splendid fight, he has incredible speed and stamina, Arima will not find him wanting.

Great chapter, explained a lot but as usual made even more questions.
Next one will be epic.
UltvejFeb 13, 2016 5:59 PM
Feb 13, 2016 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
There should really be a timer counting down to all hell breaking loose. This arc is gonna be a fucking trip.

Oh yeah, happy Valentines Day Torso!!
removed-userFeb 13, 2016 6:01 PM
Feb 13, 2016 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
Till now I didn't really care about Shachi. Now I see a death flag and I'm totally freaking out.

OK, so Washuu are V... Maybe. It's too obvious too be true, but maybe Ishida-sensei decided that it's time to give us some answers - what means that it's going to end sooner than I hoped.

I'm not sure if Eto, Ukina and Rize are "manipulative bitches". They are strong women, not without faults, especially Rize with her teenage rebellion. I suspect that she was born in V and she went crazy from too many freedom...

Knowing about RC gates and patterns, it's possible that Furuta-Souta and ghoul Arima theories are true.

Poor Tooru, she's so like Kaneki with Jason this time...
Feb 13, 2016 6:17 PM
Apr 2014
Those damn RC gates ended up important to the plot.
So Rize fled V and Shachi is not her father.
Arima vs hobo Shachi as hinted at in the earlier chapters.
Called it, Eto tells Kaneki about V which will somehow lead to them being his next enemies.
Tokyo Ghoul is all over the place.
Feb 13, 2016 6:19 PM
Dec 2013
I'm somewhat speechless, man Shachi vs Arima it's gonna be sick!! We don't know the full strength of Sachi but still he's going against Arima.

- Would definitely be interesting for Yomo to show up in Arima and Shachi's fight. But I know it will never happen.
- Man I feel like Eto is trying to be some sort of mentor for Ken, telling him who the real enemy is.
- Wonder what was Rize's role/duty on V or for what reason were they using her?
- Damn Torso, he has one of the weirdest fetishes I've seen, I mean Nuts fetish of crushing balls seems more normal than Torso's. Please Mutsuki don't let my ship sink Cookie and Mutsuki.
- Wonder how Kaneki will react when he learns Mutsuki is missing, would be interesting to see him having to chose between saving Hinami or Mutsuki, but the Q's are going in anyways.
- Wonder what Kaneki's goal is, wonder what Ken' hidden agenda is? He has the info necessary to bring down Eto, but he hasn't told anyone yet that we know of which makes me belief that that's how he's going to intentionally/unintentionally save Hinami.
Abdel_Killa17
Feb 13, 2016 6:26 PM

Oct 2013
Really nice chapter, we learned some new things about V and all, and that cliffhanger tho !
Feb 13, 2016 6:31 PM

Jan 2015
Eto has been killing it during this new arc, hope that Kaneki has some sort of super secret master plan to let both Hinami and Eto live.

Shachi bout to be one shot.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 13, 2016 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know if it's just me or not, but I get confused every time I read Tokyo Ghoul. The flow of the art and the dialogue is really weird. Suddenly there is flashback, and then suddenly there is the back story. The boundary between those transitions are quite blurry. The action sequence is also hard to follow some times because I cannot really see what the art depicts.

I guess it is not "clear" and "clean" for me. Or my manga reading skill is just bad?
Feb 13, 2016 6:37 PM
Aug 2012
Drake1000 said:
Those damn RC gates ended up important to the plot.
So Rize fled V and Shachi is not her father.
Arima vs hobo Shachi as hinted at in the earlier chapters.
Called it, Eto tells Kaneki about V which will somehow lead to them being his next enemies.
Tokyo Ghoul is all over the place.

Lol you just realise that now? It has always been all over the place. So damn unpredictable, but great.
Feb 13, 2016 6:37 PM
Oct 2011
Eto is the Simca of Tokyo Ghoul.
Feb 13, 2016 6:49 PM

Sep 2014
So Shachi is confirmed SS while Noro was SS~. So Noro was in fact stronger. Ok cool.

Dammit Im still salty Noro got taken out that way. He shouldve been around to take on these V dudes and show off what he could really do.
Feb 13, 2016 6:50 PM
Sep 2013
Eto just dropping bombs left and right.
Her story on the One Eyed King seems very intresting wonder If It will foreshadow more things to come.
Ken will definitely start listening up after the RC Gate. way to call back.
Hogi is save ty ...but Mutsuki.. no comment (cursing noises in the background)
A nice flashback with Rize and Shachi and call back through the events of Aogiri arc.

Sorry Shachi but no ghoul can pass V14
Feb 13, 2016 6:59 PM

Sep 2013
>q's

My man Shachi going against Arima? :O
Finally some quality.
Feb 13, 2016 7:13 PM

Sep 2008
Shachi took care of Rize since she was little.
He also gave his own name to her.
Shachi is her father.

Shachi x Arima? I can't wait :)
Feb 13, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
You all talking about Eto, Shachi and Arima, but haven't anyone found strange that the Blondie could escape? And also left Mutsuki there! How did she survive after that hit she recieved? How did she get strength to use that boat? Why did Torso leave her run away (obviously she was in disvantage)?
ADIABATICOFeb 13, 2016 7:20 PM
Feb 13, 2016 7:20 PM
Nov 2015
Great chapter lots of revelations Kuzen and Sachi are bros, Rize flashbacks and being used to be part of V (god i love that sexy bitch) i hope the Kaneki and Rize reunion happens soon. Torso being his usual creepy self cutting his waifus limbs. Good to see that cute loli Hogi alive and well.and looks like th Qs ignored Shirazus last wish and didnt kill his imouto and even continued to pay for her medical but bills.
But im seriously disappointed in this new Kaneki when i saw how badass and cold blooded he is i thought hes gonna be an Aizen type character where all is according to his plan but V is just using and playing around with him but looks like Eto is starting to get through him and maybe find out who the real enemy is.
But that Sachi vs Arima fight is a big NO. Im sure Sachi will put up a good fight since he has real skills and not only relying on his ghoul abilities but in this manga Arima the ghoul fucker Kishou is like a fucking walking Death flag and fighting him is like a guaranteed rekt on your side so no.
Feb 13, 2016 7:20 PM

May 2015
So if RC gates don't detect ghouls from V, is it possible that Furuta and/or Arima is a ghoul? (Hell, anyone could be a ghoul at this point, as long as they're in V)
AlveronFeb 13, 2016 7:27 PM
Feb 13, 2016 7:21 PM

Jul 2013
DAIO said:
So Shachi is confirmed SS while Noro was SS~. So Noro was in fact stronger. Ok cool.

Dammit Im still salty Noro got taken out that way. He shouldve been around to take on these V dudes and show off what he could really do.

Nah, rank doesn't mean shit to determine one's strength, it's not some shounen power-levels here. That just means Noro has been killing more investigators than Shachi was before he was caught, sacrificing himself for Rize's actions.

Maelis said:
I don't know if it's just me or not, but I get confused every time I read Tokyo Ghoul. The flow of the art and the dialogue is really weird. Suddenly there is flashback, and then suddenly there is the back story. The boundary between those transitions are quite blurry. The action sequence is also hard to follow some times because I cannot really see what the art depicts.

I guess it is not "clear" and "clean" for me. Or my manga reading skill is just bad?

I've seen quite a few people having the same problem so you're not the only one. I've never really had any problems with this though as do a lot of people here so I don't mean to be rude but maybe you guys just lack a bit of imagination?
EasyGo-erFeb 13, 2016 7:31 PM

Feb 13, 2016 7:24 PM
Nov 2013
Maelis said:

It's not just you bro. I know what you mean and I have the same issues sometimes. I'm usually able to alleviate the problem by reading it very slowly and re-reading panels that give info a few times over.

As far as the battle art, sometimes it's freaking awesome and sometimes it's dog crap, there's really no consistency, you just have to roll with it. I wish it was more like magi's battle art, I think it's one of the series where it's easiest to tell what's happening during battles.
Feb 13, 2016 7:29 PM
Nov 2013
EasyGo-er said:
DAIO said:

Nah, rank doesn't mean shit, it's not some shounen power-levels here. That just means Noro has been killing more investigators than Shachi was before he was caught, sacrificing himself for Rize's actions.

Maelis said:

I've seen quite a few people having the same problem so you're not the only one. I've never really had any problems with this though as do a lot of people here so I don't mean to be rude but maybe you guys just lack a bit of imagination?

Take a look at the panel of takezawa freaking out after kaneki stabbed him in the eye recently. The panel where he shoots his kagune everywhere. It's not a lack of imagination, sometimes it's just really strange and hard to interpret art, and not in a good way.

On the flipside however there are panels like eto lunging at black haired kaneki and shattering the building windows in their recent fight, which looked amazing.

It's back and forth.
Feb 13, 2016 7:41 PM
Nov 2015
Well mutsuki may turn like Shironeki from torso's torture and finally I knew that those rc gates were foreshadowing something.Rize really you just used and throwed shachi and I am having second thoughts on ukina if she was manipulative to the extent to fake all what she did she deserved to die
In my opinion kaneki now is making up his mind to which side he will choose.Maybe rize will show up to save shachi from arima well that would be out of character .
Eto is amazing and is becoming one of my favourite characters overall.She knows what she is doing and doing it well.

Jul 2013
crystalblade13 said:
Take a look at the panel of takezawa freaking out after kaneki stabbed him in the eye recently. The panel where he shoots his kagune everywhere. It's not a lack of imagination, sometimes it's just really strange and hard to interpret art, and not in a good way.

On the flipside however there are panels like eto lunging at black haired kaneki and shattering the building windows in their recent fight, which looked amazing.

It's back and forth.

You mean this one?

What's hard to understand about it? He's initially on the right side, jumped back to the left and finally flipped to the middle of the page. Then he used his Kagune to maneuver from above and landed behind him before striking him with a full blow. Well, maybe it's a bit harder to interpret compared to most other manga but if it's not a lack of imagination, why can most of us still understand that? Oh, and it's actually Kanae, not Takizawa.
EasyGo-erFeb 13, 2016 7:54 PM

Sep 2014
Lots of explanation in this chapter which is good to see. More info about Rize also which we all wanted. Awesome chapter as always from Ishida-sensei.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Feb 13, 2016 7:43 PM
Mar 2014
Also I feel like Ishida is low-key talking about his own audience here

Feb 13, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:

Good one. I'm beginning to understand Arcanix's feelings more and more lately.

Feb 13, 2016 7:49 PM

May 2011
Those RC gates though, that made a lot of sense, that was one of the things that had been bugging me for a long time. The next chapter should be interesting.
Feb 13, 2016 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
EasyGo-er said:
DAIO said:

Nah, rank doesn't mean shit to determine one's strength, it's not some shounen power-levels here. That just means Noro has been killing more investigators than Shachi was before he was caught, sacrificing himself for Rize's actions.

Maelis said:

I don't think it is imagination. There is no need to imagine here, it is about how you follow the flow of the story not about understanding the idea the author is conveying. If there is an abrupt change in the perspective which we are looking at without clear indication, it makes people confuse. So I doubt "imagination" would do any good.

HIPSTERMOONCAT said:

Well ... I guess I am doing ok so far without a brain. Thanks for your kind word Ishida!
Feb 13, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
Eto is slowly climbing her way within my top favorites in TG.

I always wondered how Kaneki and Eto were able to walk through the CCG gate and boy I did not expect that. V really is the center of everything in TG.

Holy shit! that ending... didn't see Shachi for a while and now he's going up against death god Arima. Shachi is a beast but don't think he has a chance in this one.

He may be SS but I still think he's stronger than ghouls like Noro and Takizawa.
Feb 13, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
Stuff happened lol

Anyway Rize!! How I missed seeing her. She looks even prettier now (I mean the way she's drawn) <3 Hope we see her of the present.

Eto just dropped some huge bombs tho...Rize was from V? Kuzen and Shachi were Bros? And we finally get info on the damn RC gates :D The one eye in her story is Kaneki isn't it? Lol'd at Ken saying "it's their problem if they don't have a brain " XD

As for Mutsuki well...Torso's a nice Husbando lol
I wonder how long she's gonna be getting raped for until help arrives. Torso doesn't strike as the type to torture her
Feb 13, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2012
Maelis said:

No, I'm starting to get these troubles too lately. It was damn interesting how they connect the RC gates with the V conspiracy.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 13, 2016 9:33 PM

Nov 2011
Arima is a ghoul confirmed.

Feb 13, 2016 11:36 PM

Nov 2015
damn this chapter was good.so rize was a part of V and that was a nice flashback.
No wonder shachi was pissed when he saw ken with rizes kagune and he has quite a bit of history with yoshimura.
shachi vs arima is gonna be an epic fight but im sure shachi is gonna die.Im more interested in how kaneki is gonna act now that he knows everyone around him are traitors,i get the feeling that now he has nothing to lose he will save hinami and hide her with touka(we need a damn reunion!!)
Feb 14, 2016 12:09 AM

Nov 2014
SUI. F*CKING. ISHIDA...You genius!!!
Feb 14, 2016 12:14 AM

Jun 2014
i like that we saw old characters from tg like sachi and rize, i don't know what to exepect later on tho

i seriously hope Kaneki won't be an asshole and will save Hinami
Feb 14, 2016 12:16 AM

May 2015
to be honest the manga goes above my head most of the time.
guess will reread it once it over along TG

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Feb 14, 2016 12:17 AM

Jul 2014
How a good manga can get so bad in such a little amount of time is beyond me. At least Ishida finally realized that his fanbase is full of adorable people.
Feb 14, 2016 12:30 AM

May 2014
I remember a while back I said that Shachi was kinda nice guy. It turns out I was right. DON'T DIE SHACHI!

Mutsuki aka Q who is closest to normal human, still has many frames left will become new Kaneki with Rize's super regeneration? Logic not found.

Nice one Eto. I wonder what else you still have up your sleave
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 2:12 AM

Nov 2014

How can Eto be so based?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 2:25 AM
Oct 2012
Maelis said:

I think what has been said in this forum several times, but the raw used for translation is the chinese version, which is darker and difficult vision of what happens in night scenes, there is nothing wrong with Ishida trace if you see Japanese raw posted on the official website: http://youngjump.jp/tokyoghoul/re/trial/

you can also read the version with Japanese raw in Batoto site and see that what you claim is not Ishida's fault.
Feb 14, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
Please stop. The quality of the scans used have nothing to do with it. Just consider that person adorable and move along. These are the people that have to learn something word for word if they want to remember shit in school.
Feb 14, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
Urie proves again that he is a real bro. I wonder if they'll manage to save Mutsuki, she's in a very tight spot atm and I feel sorry for what has/might happen to her.
Next up Shachi vs. Arima; it's nice to see Shachi again since I liked his character and especially his combat style from the prequel. This fight could be splendid.
Feb 14, 2016 2:47 AM
Jan 2015
Now I wonder. What side will take other CCG main characters when they and if they will find out that V is controlling everything. And how much of that does Amon knows and what will be his role.
Feb 14, 2016 2:58 AM
Oct 2012
Arcanix said:
Please stop. The quality of the scans used have nothing to do with it. Just consider that person adorable and move along. These are the people that have to learn something word for word if they want to remember shit in school.

I just have not lost hope in the human race, but that was the last time.
Feb 14, 2016 4:11 AM

Dec 2009
Kvothe51 said:

How can Eto be so based?

Love that pic.

Looks like the reveals are finally letting loose.
Feb 14, 2016 4:34 AM

Dec 2013
Arcanix said:
How a good manga can get so bad in such a little amount of time is beyond me. At least Ishida finally realized that his fanbase is full of adorable people.

Lol do you dislike how the series is going recently?
Feb 14, 2016 4:43 AM

Jul 2014
Biglittleme said:

Lol do you dislike how the series is going recently?

Not really, but when i compare it to Bleach, i can't help seeing the flaws in what Ishida does. He should just end this quick and then take some lessons from Kubo before he starts part 3.
Feb 14, 2016 5:11 AM

Nov 2013
The best chapter of re so far. The dialogue between Eto and Kaneki was really interesting. She knows how to take the spotlight with everything she does.

It was really great to see Shachi again and that with Ishida dropping bombs full of information. Putting Rize back into the story with the reveal of being a member of V and getting chased by them after trying to get out, fantastic! Shachi taking care of her like she was his real daughter and being friends with Kuzen is the cherry on top of the cake.

That "No Comment" made me laugh. We all know what you mean with that, old bastard.

Can't wait for the Arima vs Shachi showdown. Arima will win no doubt about that, but i'm sure Shachi will put up a good fight.
Feb 14, 2016 6:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice to see a little more of Rize's past. No wonder Shachi hates Kaneki. Arima vs. Shachi should be good.

5/5
Feb 14, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
What made you think that Shachi hates Kaneki? The times he left him alive?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

129 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.