3It was OK
3.6%
2Disliked it
3.6%
1Hated it
3.6%
Average 4.6
28 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Dang, the past is not easy to go by...and just forget. No kidding there.
Aug 2, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2009
Not sure why but I have a bad feeling about the teacher. Also i find the 1988 parts to be a lot more interesting then the 2006 parts.
Aug 3, 2014 12:54 AM
Sep 2012
werlwend said:
Not sure why but I have a bad feeling about the teacher. Also i find the 1988 parts to be a lot more interesting then the 2006 parts.

Man, I wouldn't know why he put so much effort to protect the girl, but that candy is seriously suspicious.
Aug 3, 2014 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
Lolipedophin said:
werlwend said:

Man, I wouldn't know why he put so much effort to protect the girl, but that candy is seriously suspicious.

Thats why either hes hiding something or hes obsessed with candy i really hope it's the latter
Aug 5, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
LOL, I expected something like that candy. I think the author purposefully makes the teacher suspicious only to confuse us.
Aug 15, 2014 2:40 AM

Mar 2010
I'm sure it is the teacher because it has to be someone they have already mentioned. The fact that hes not suspicious to the characters in the manga is what enforces this theory, as well as all the hints that are directed toward the readers making it rather obvious.
Aug 19, 2014 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
The author is a genius
He lead us think that the teacher is somewhat suspicious character
But, he did it in obvious way and kept the reader wondering

"Is he the bad guy? Some signs shows that he might be the bad guy? Plus, He seems suspicious? Or could it be that the author is trying to mess with our thought by showing these obvious signs?"

Man, I still can't make a clear stand whether to suspect him or not
"Burn the heretics"
Feb 24, 2015 5:02 AM

Oct 2011
I love how an obvious hint such as the candy (which is easily shrugged off with the reason that he is a sugar addict) is used as a facade to hide a subtle and even more suspicious detail about the teacher. The fact that he drove around to every student's house with Satoru would mean he knows all their addresses.
Mar 3, 2015 6:38 PM
Apr 2013
Of course he knows, he's their teacher. Teachers visiting the students' homes to meet with the parents is a thing in Japan. It would stand to reason that it's a normal thing in this manga too.

I'm still on the fence about the teacher. It feels like he's being made too obvious, so that we miss details that point toward someone else. But like everyone knows and has said, the obviousness while still completely evading suspicion could also be a big hint toward him.

But I also don't think that his mom would forget the teacher that easily, after all the dealings she's had with him. Especially if the only thing that she recognizes about him is "those eyes". The eyes we always see would be completely out of place on that teacher, it's an identity that would be vivid in her mind. I also don't think that, if it was the teacher, she would have to go through such obscure methods to find out his name.

And let's not forget, he was ruled out as a suspect because of the third victim, the boy. We still have no idea what that's about, but the close connection with the teacher doesn't seem like it would rule him out if he was already a suspect.
Jan 7, 2016 6:12 AM

Dec 2014
Killing Hiromi to take the police suspicion away from him, only a few adults were introduced, and the sensei is the only one i can remember with ties to Hiromi...
He is still suspect, imo.

XD
Jan 8, 2016 10:34 AM

Mar 2008
The author of this manga is awesome. The candy part was pretty good I must say. Teacher is still suspicious because he could use the candy to lure in the children (although that is way too cliched.... <_<)

I wonder if it is foreshadowing that he really can't go back to the present (2006) timeline... so that means he might not be able to meet Airi again. I do hope he can meet her again >.<
Jan 9, 2016 8:35 PM

Nov 2014
I will be so disappointed if it was a teacher.

Jan 16, 2016 10:43 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
OMG, I hope it's not the teacher, or else my predictions will be correct. That candy stash makes him so suspicious.

5/5
Jan 17, 2016 8:33 AM
Apr 2014
Yep 2006 is lost forever, but it's not like you fucked up, you were framed for a murder you didn't commit in that year.
It better not be the teacher, that would be so obvious, I hope the author is misleading us from the truth.
Jan 20, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2015
Oh shit... I now believe the teacher is just a red herring.

Also... aww... AIRI!! The fact that he dreamed about her at the beginning of the chapter... only to realize he can't meet her anymore! SHIT. NO STHAP! Don't play with my feelings! This is Steins;Gate all over again and that the fate between 2 girls have to be chosen!

Jan 22, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
He should have told the sensei about the kidnapping equipment they found in the bus.

Or maybe not. The narrative is hinting it might be the sensei, but if it did turn out to be him, I'd be disappointed. He seems like a really great guy, and I want to be able to trust him.
DawningFogJan 22, 2016 12:19 PM
Jan 23, 2016 3:17 PM

Oct 2013
lmao, omg, this manga is trying way too hard to make the teacher look suspicious. A glove compartment full of candy? Seriously? Disregarding how hilariously cliche that is for a moment, in the context of the story doesn't even make any sense. First of all, there hasn't been any kidnappings yet, so the glove compartment full of candy is just sitting there for no reason. Second, I am led to believe the type of kidnappings going on isn't the type where kids are lured into strange vehicles by candy; for example, a beaten Kayo was kidnapped from a storage shed, not lured off the street. Third, even if the teacher was luring his victims off the street... two of the three victims were his own students. He wouldn't need candy to lure them in because they already know who he is.

So yeah, that was pretty crappy. I'm not discounting the possibility, but that's a pretty lame device however you look at it.

The opening and closing pages were chilling. The 2006 he knows may no longer exist for him, but that doesn't mean Airi is gone... though it is easy to imagine that he would never have gotten that job were it not for how detached he became from his mother. And actually Satoru and Airi wouldn't have even gotten as close as they did were it not for his mother's death. Still, I have a strange suspicion something terrible might happen to Airi because he isn't won't be there for her. Saving lives in the past ultimately destroys lives in the future.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 9, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2011
I had my 20 cents on sensei, but with this candy incident... Dunno, it was just too obvious and maybe he's just a bait for readers after all.
So we are back to "sensei" that spoke to the manager and probably had the same look in the eyes as the one who locked himself in store house together with Atko girl.
Mar 19, 2016 10:19 PM

Jan 2015
I understand the substitute but having that much candy??? I have a sweet tooth and I don't have that much candy in my stash. I knew he was the kidnapper since he talked to the blonde haired kid.
Apr 9, 2016 1:21 AM

Mar 2016
This was the point I definitely started suspecting Yashiro
Dec 21, 2022 1:49 PM
Dec 2022
Teacher having sus candy very sussy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

11 by marta_valse »»
Oct 16, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

7 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 19 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 1, 2014

15 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 18 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Dec 2, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 17 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 30, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 13, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.