Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 11:39 AM

Oct 2013
And thus, this long journey with Saint Seiya: Next Dimension has come to an end.

Apollo decided that the appropriate punishment for Athena and her Saints would be to imprison Athena, kill all Saints and destroy Sanctuary. A short while later he accepted Athena's proposition to turn her into a human instead of severely punishing basically everyone serving her (in the meantime Seiya arrived to the Temple of the Moon, though only to kind of rustle Apollo, lol). With turning Athena into human, he teleported her and her five Bronze Saints back on Earth, with wiped out memories. They are alive, but their precious memories about everything that had happened are gone. Very bittersweet finale.

Speaking about the finale itself, it looks and feels like not only the last chapter of Next Dimension, but also the definite ending of the Saint Seiya's storyline. Part of me is happy, because I've wished for years to have Next Dimension have the final closure of the Saint Seiya story of a decent quality. But at the same time, part of me is upset, because at one point, I really thought that there might be a manga version of Tenkai-hen created one day, heh. I know, it sounds like a pipe dream, given how long Next Dimension was serialized and how Kurumada-sensei is not getting any younger with each year (and most of mangakas at his age don't start any big projects, focusing on enjoying their retirement instead), but hey, nothing's bad in dreaming, hehe.

At least we could see Apollo's other aides, even if for a short while. And who knows what future will bring? Maybe we will see Tenkai-hen manga one day? But to be frank, reversing memory wipe would feel cheap and unnecessary at this point, if you ask me.

I don't regret all those years spent with Next Dimension. Oldschool art style and genuine Saint Seiya-style storytelling, all made by the original author. What is more, waiting patiently for a new chapter, even for several years, was annoying, but had its charm. ;D It was the longest manga I've ever tracked, so it makes this chapter, the final chapter of it, feel special to me not only as a Saint Seiya fan, but also a fan of anime and manga.

My biggest complaint about the story itself? Seika, ar rather complete lack of her. She was Seiya's main driving force for so many arcs, she appeared in dramatic circumstances at the end of Hades arc, and yet, she was basically completely forgotten in Next Dimension. :(
AdnashJul 3, 11:45 AM
Jul 3, 11:51 AM
Oct 2021
They saved the world despite how bittersweet it was and Aiolios will still lives on. But if darkness was ever to threaten the world again Athena and her Saints of Hope will return.
Jul 3, 12:50 PM

Jan 2011
this did not went the way i was expecting, this actually looks like a conclusive ending, i was expecting a prelude to the final battle against the Gods, instead Apollo seems to be more mercyfull than i expected despite how much he clearly dislikes humans, Seiya an Saori might ve avoided divine punishment over the whole world by surredering their memories

kinda wish we d ve got the names of Apollos angels, they are most likelly mythical characters as well

this was the longest ive stayed reading a manga till now, there were many lows but also some surprising highs, these last 2 chapters ve been a 10 for me
Jul 3, 1:48 PM
Jun 2020
They finally got the normal life they deserve.
Jul 4, 8:40 AM
Jan 2017
It had everything, new characters, new "evolutions" (Hecate's rejuvenation), it leaves subplots for a possible continuation.
He gives it an epilogue as he always wanted and declared, and all in a kind of Saint Seiya poetry with Hades (Shun), Athena (Saori), Hana no Kusari (bouquet of flowers) and Pegasus (Seiya), with the will of Aioros present at all times.

Apollo was merciful, but he also points out that Zeus is even worse than him, so no matter how you look at it, the saints and Athena received a light punishment.
Jul 4, 10:48 AM
Aug 2018
I wasn't the biggest fan of the original series either, but this sequel just feels wrong. The beginning was interesting, but the series fell apart with the time travel. I didn't like anything in the past, at times it felt like a cheap copy or a parody of the original Sanctuary arc.

I still kept reading ND with the hope that after this arc things would finally get better. But there is no after this arc.

If this really is the end of Saint Seiya, then it's probably the end of Kurumada's career too, right? I mean, he's already over 70 and has health problems too. I hope he can finally retire now.
Jul 7, 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
Why is Shun in Greece? Seiya makes sense considering he trained there, but I wonder how life took Shun to work in Greece

BTW, as people already said, such a weird experience, 18 years of a manga, most of the time on hiatus, and to be actually over now. I am still bitter about that bad ass introduction we had with Izo and there were no more info about the past gold saints, such a shame.
Jul 7, 6:48 PM

Apr 2018
Well, I'm glad it's over, too much time passed and obviously the story took a turn for the worse because of that, but I have mixed feelings with this ending, at one hand I think it feels like it's indeed a closure but in the other hand it feels like we could get the Heaven arc so idk. Only thing I know for sure is that I DON'T WANT ANOTHER SERIALIZATION LIKE THIS WITH ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS PER YEAR!!!
One Piece is the GOAT
Jul 7, 6:54 PM

Apr 2018
aaand for some reason I can't put a completed tag on it lol
One Piece is the GOAT
Jul 11, 4:13 PM
Dec 2012
Reply to HexaTricampeao
aaand for some reason I can't put a completed tag on it lol
@HexaTricampeao why MAL says there are 121 chapters?
WantanJul 11, 10:30 PM
Jul 11, 9:09 PM

Apr 2018
Wantan said:
@HexaTricampeao why MAL says there are 212 chapters?

No idea as well lol, it's probably bugged and no one bothered to change
One Piece is the GOAT
Jul 11, 9:14 PM

Apr 2018
It's supposed to be 118 chapters (unless it's counting some special chapter that I never heard of)
One Piece is the GOAT
Jul 12, 9:54 AM
Aug 2018
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1322/Saint_Seiya__Next_Dimension_-_Meiou_Shinwa/moreinfo

MAL counts the prologue as well the chapters 68.5 and 68.6
Aug 7, 5:39 AM
Aug 2020
I can't believe its over, we never got the Zeus saga Kurumada hinted for so long, I hope he picks it up again.

Well, Saint Seiya was the first anime I ever watched, so it holds a special place in my heart, but this ending feels somewhat bittersweet, in one hand I'm glad the saints finally have their peace and quiet they always deserved, on the other hand it just feels wrong for true warriors to end up like that, like Shiryu himself said when he had the normal life alternative timeline, they should die on the battlefield not some old man deathbed. It just feels wrong and the bad ending.

Well, I really hope Kurumada picks it up again and do another saga, but this seems to be it. Honestly, I like the ending of the original manga much better, with Seiya sacrificing to save Athena, but it is what it is I just have to accept it.

Its been a beautiful journey about perseverance and fighting as a warrior, Saint Seiya has inspired me deeply in my heart and I'll always have a special place for it in it.
Oct 9, 1:10 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Tenshi_Budo
I can't believe its over, we never got the Zeus saga Kurumada hinted for so long, I hope he picks it up again.

Well, Saint Seiya was the first anime I ever watched, so it holds a special place in my heart, but this ending feels somewhat bittersweet, in one hand I'm glad the saints finally have their peace and quiet they always deserved, on the other hand it just feels wrong for true warriors to end up like that, like Shiryu himself said when he had the normal life alternative timeline, they should die on the battlefield not some old man deathbed. It just feels wrong and the bad ending.

Well, I really hope Kurumada picks it up again and do another saga, but this seems to be it. Honestly, I like the ending of the original manga much better, with Seiya sacrificing to save Athena, but it is what it is I just have to accept it.

Its been a beautiful journey about perseverance and fighting as a warrior, Saint Seiya has inspired me deeply in my heart and I'll always have a special place for it in it.
@Tenshi_Budo My thoughts exactly.

Though, realistically, we all know Kuramada will not be picking up this series anytime soon, if at all, and in the worst case scenario, we will have a Next Dimension 2.0 with only five chapters released every year or so.

In a perfect world, I genuinely hope there will be more.
"I'll Take a Potato Chip and EAT IT"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 117 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 26

4 by curvedtree »»
Jul 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 115 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 18

3 by curvedtree »»
Jul 7, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 116 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 19

3 by Alexyahoo »»
Jun 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 114 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 5

4 by Adnash »»
Jun 10, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 113 Discussion

Adnash - May 29

2 by silversaint »»
May 29, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.