Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yuki's character is gold. She deserves more screen time in this show just with that personality of hers.

Although she's somewhat of an airhead, she has some leadership elements too. Seriously, I hope she gets more screen time. The game commentary and pixel games also gives off a feeling of nostalgia.
Sep 9, 6:58 AM

Feb 2020
Yuki is a pretty underrated character. I'm glad she got to shine a little more this time. And she finally joined Mayonaka Punch. That's awesome.

Nice Castlevania reference btw. Yuki being a retro game fan was a big surprise.

The eating competition was amusing, because Live and Yuki tried to eat as little as possible, haha. Gimme those burgers if you are not going to eat them. :P Yummy!

SerafosSep 9, 10:31 AM
Sep 9, 6:59 AM

Nov 2021
Finally, Yuki joins the MayoPan! Hopefully Masaki will be able to handle the situation in the next episode.
HumanekySep 9, 8:44 AM
Sep 9, 7:44 AM

Mar 2021
Lovely to see some focus on Yuki this episode she is adorable.
Sep 9, 8:02 AM

Apr 2021
Yuki's high-pitched scream reminded me of Lalatina's, so I looked it up, and sure enough, they were voiced by the same VA, lol.

Oh yeah, it turns out she also voices Sylphiette. That’s quite an incredible vocal range she has.
Sep 9, 9:25 AM

Feb 2019
Weekly dose of my lesbian vampires! Wow I loved this one so much. Yuki was such an annoying character earlier in the season. Seemed like she was just always picking with the girls for the dumbest of reasons and turns out she just wanted to be involved in the videos and hang out with Live 😂 what a big tsundere all you had to do was ask!

So the whole time Yuki was watching Mayopan plan their videos and grow and she was just feeling left out. I kinda understand how she felt but at the same time, people can’t read your mind and it’s not like she told anyone in the house that she was a streamer.

She and Live being vampire hunters in the past was actually cool to learn about, can’t believe this whole rift started because she got a crush on Live and Live didn’t wanna walk home together 😭 at least her story gave Masaki some motivation to move forward after everything with Hype sis

Speaking of which, as soon as they showed up I knew things were gonna go to shit. I would’ve just ignored them or walked away when they tried talking to me, but clearly Masaki still deep down misses her old friends. They actually did have fun on that dinner date but I hate that a simple video upload led to Masaki getting abusive comments.. like as soon as she lets go of her trauma and moves forward, she gets this which just reinforces why she didn’t want to be on cam.

Need the next episode asap!
Marinate1016Sep 9, 10:21 AM
Sep 9, 9:33 AM

May 2024
Happy to see Masaki finally decide to appear in videos with Mayonaka Punch, and also glad see Yuki more on a screen she good character loved she wants join Mayonaka Punch so badly 😭
Sep 9, 11:24 AM

Nov 2023
Yuki joined mayonaka punch gang finally.

She brings some great vibes within the gang fs

That eating competition was epic!

Another great episode!!!
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Sep 9, 11:36 AM

Dec 2013
We got to see Yuki's cute and soft side, I did not expect her to be a retro gamer, MayoPan was certainly missing someone for the gaming side, unfortunately the episode couldn't' end on a happy note. I hope it was just the haters hatin' and not the other girls instigating the hate.
Sep 9, 11:43 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Wow, what an episode. I was expecting Masaki to eventually show herself on camera again but to think not only that she would while having 700k subs but in the same episode as Yuki who was secretly a retro gaming streamer was unexpected. More so, the former was invited to a collab with her former channel nonetheless.

Youtube drame galore right there
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 9, 12:00 PM
Apr 2016

Blowing a video game tape before booting it? We all have been there!

People shitting on TOG s2 and somehow it got higher rating than this series???

Calling it now, their mother is secretly the biggest MYP fan!
Sep 9, 12:42 PM
May 2022
They did Yuki dirty
Sep 9, 1:26 PM

May 2015
Just now realized that Yuki's seiyuu is Kanade from Chihayafuru. I knew there was a reason I liked her
Sep 9, 1:46 PM

Aug 2022
Yuki's such a vibe of a character ngl. I love that even after leaving its obvious Masa and her old group still have a great dynamic and there doesn't seem to be any hard feelings between them.

And I mean who could have seen this coming Masa sparks controversy in Mayonaka punch. If she stays then they may drop in subs a lot but I seriously doubt it would be a massive drop.
Sep 9, 2:33 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was great and disappointing at the same time T_T

Sep 9, 2:56 PM
Jul 2024
Well now there is a solution to the Haters problem & I hope they take the route suggested by this Episode. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed because it's so obvious
Sep 9, 3:00 PM

Sep 2018
The reunite with the two girls was rather lowkey and happened pretty suddenly, not too bad. Would have liked to have heard a drunken apology at LEAST, but I suppose that's just not in her character....
Sep 9, 5:25 PM

Jul 2022
Finally, Yuki gets her own episode! It's great that they revealed her hidden gamer side and that her actual personality is closer to a tsundere. Though it was obvious she wasn’t going to ask to be included in the channel due to her rivalry with Live, I'm still confused about their fight—was it really just over a pendant, or was it because Yuki somehow valued Live more than she was valued in return?

Poor Masaki, just as she was beginning to overcome her fear of recording herself again. It was almost inevitable that haters would show up in the comments. The only way this can be fixed, and I think it's the most likely outcome, is for her former channel mates to upload that video where they’re with her and explain that everything has been resolved. I just hope they don’t use that video for something malicious, as I still have a bad feeling about her former colleagues.
Sep 9, 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
The reunite with the two girls was rather lowkey and happened pretty suddenly, not too bad. Would have liked to have heard a drunken apology at LEAST, but I suppose that's just not in her character....
@GakutoDeathGlare
It's true that Masaki is a bit of a clumsy ruffian but it's not like she's completely unapologetic about the bad things she does from time to time (in fact she's quite conscious about many of them). I think that Masaki will try to awkwardly try to patch things up with her former friends very soon.
Sep 9, 5:42 PM

Dec 2021
Don't even know what to say about that first part of the episode with Yuki. Just.... LOL.

Then we had that reverse mukbang with them BIG ASS BURGERS WTF? No surprise that Live folded lol. But yeah, now with Masaki trying to join the channel, this was bound to happen with all the hate and all.

Sep 9, 7:17 PM
May 2014
I thought we were gonna see the hype sisters at the festival last week, but there probably wouldn't have been room to fit that into the plot. Not surprised they showed up here. Of course right as Masaki gets over her fear of being on camera the general public reminds her why she has it 🥲 Throwing her into the mix right as they're 70% to their goal was always gonna be a risky gambit, but it'll be interesting to see how they get past it. The show itself explicitly showed that she focuses way more on negative comments than positive ones, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty of people who'd be fine with it. Also love more characterization for Yuki, all this time we think she's being a bitch and really she's just shy and Live was kind of the bitch. Lotta tism happening between our lesbian vampires. Also I love when shows do an 8 bit version of the theme song lmao. Oh and holy shit at that preview for next week, it's about to get hectic. Two more episodes!

Side note I heard somewhere that this site processes ratings weird and the number jumps up after the season is over to where it actually is? Idk why, but that probably doesn't help people coming here for recommendations when they see a mid rating. I guess we'll see how true that is in a couple weeks.
minusthebearSep 9, 7:24 PM
Sep 9, 10:53 PM

Feb 2014
Yuki got a lot of focus in this episode and I never really thought that she would be a gaming streamer herself, considering how we've viewed her in this series so far as being extremely serious. The way that they told more about her past with Live in the form of retro games and using the 4:3 aspect ratio was a cool touch. Although she has to strong arm her way here, she is now part of the Mayonaka Punch crew and I'm honestly all for it. =)

As for Masaki, it was inevitable that she would run into her former friends as some point. The tension was visible, but I'm happy that their meeting over some drinks was rather relaxing and calm, where Masaki revealed to them that she was behind Mayonaka Punch's success. She even agreed to be part of their video upload, which does help to conquer her fear of being on camera.

Sadly, it seems that not everyone is going to forgive her so easily after that drama. When she was ready to be on camera for the recording for the next Mayonaka Punch video, Yuki saw the comments for her for Hyped-Up Sister's most recent upload, they weren't happy to see Masaki in that video and made their thoughts known.

It'll be interesting to see how the next episode will play out. There isn't much time left in the quest to hit 1 million subscribers, but for Masaki, a resurgence of negativity over her foolish actions in the past will hurt her chances of being able to move on fully. Hopefully there will be a happy enough solution to this. Stay strong, Masaki!
Sep 10, 12:51 AM

Feb 2014
Finally some spotlight to Yuki, I was hoping that we will see more of her from the episode she was introduced but upto before this episode, we only see her once in a while. Glad that she's joining the gang now, I didn't expected her to be a retro game streamer though.

And Masaki finally decides to be on camera just for the haters to show up and leave some nasty comments.
Sep 10, 2:35 AM

May 2023
Yuki finally got her own episode, it's nice to see her appear again especially as a Tsundere character who is really cute and I never thought she was a gamers lol.

Yuki misunderstood that she was finally invited to be part of Mayopan which turned out to be the new member Masaki lmao, her flashback about her game being destroyed by Mother was very sad lmaoo, and the explanation of how Yuki and Live's relationship was not good explained with pixel game visuals was very cool.

It's good to see Masaki can meet his old friend again and finally Masaki dares to appear on camera again but at what cost if in the end the fans are not even happy if Masaki joins. Damn this anime is very underrated, just hope when this anime is finished the rating can go up further than now.
Sep 10, 4:40 AM

Oct 2016
That intro scene had me "what-ing" through out, I never thought Yuki would be or rather, would become a streamer lmao. One thing I am sure of though, is that I have been praying for this and it happened, a Yuki episode, well, half Yuki, half Masaki, but I'll take it.

Kayano, Ai just kills it in these kinds of roles.

Ah yes, even more proof that Live is just massively gay for Masaki lmao.

I really hope it wasn't Hype-Sis that leaked Masaki joining MayoPan, cause I enjoyed them hanging out again after a long time, if they were being fake there, then fuck.
Sep 10, 4:45 AM

Jul 2017
A month and 10 days to go at 700k subs, MayoPan is slowly hitting their target...

A new video being uploaded by Ichiko on the hurry that MayoPan has a new member, her intention of re-introducing Masaki...doesn't quite fly off due to her scandalous past. But someone else will fill in that gap: Shigeyuki, which she is a rather hardcore retro gaming NewTuber going by the name of Yukirinko, playing some of Konami's greatest Dracula X series of Castlevania games. But Yuki sure is a two-faced character, being one of pride, but also revealing herself to be such a doozy character once being too engrossed in retro games that their vampire Mother has to come in and discipline Yuki. Still though, the fire within Shigeyuki still lights up being the last hope of MayoPan, though she debates the issue in a roundabout way.

Both Yuki and Live's backstory detailed in retro gaming aspects is a nice touch, showing the parallels between both vampires and their personalities. The coincidental meet between Masaki and the Hyped-Up Sisters just shows how much difference in collateral they have after the separation, and the rivlary between Masaki and Kicchomu pretty much is still the same after all this while. The burger challenge between Live and Yuki to determine MayoPan's newest member, and the perseverance of the latter meaning that Yuki will join the group instead of Masaki.

Masaki being reinvorgated to show up on camera again...she may have spoke too soon about that with the barrage of negative comments...
Sep 10, 3:07 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Avvenirista
@GakutoDeathGlare
It's true that Masaki is a bit of a clumsy ruffian but it's not like she's completely unapologetic about the bad things she does from time to time (in fact she's quite conscious about many of them). I think that Masaki will try to awkwardly try to patch things up with her former friends very soon.
@Avvenirista Yeah, I think that too, probably during their little collab that they have planned. I just thought she may have at least made some sort of attempt whilst out drinking, anticipating the ugly crying, but ah well, guess we'll have to wait a little longer.
Sep 10, 8:39 PM
Dec 2019
This whole episode reminds me of the linkin park situation?
Sep 10, 9:30 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to sKyBlazer08
That intro scene had me "what-ing" through out, I never thought Yuki would be or rather, would become a streamer lmao. One thing I am sure of though, is that I have been praying for this and it happened, a Yuki episode, well, half Yuki, half Masaki, but I'll take it.

Kayano, Ai just kills it in these kinds of roles.

Ah yes, even more proof that Live is just massively gay for Masaki lmao.

I really hope it wasn't Hype-Sis that leaked Masaki joining MayoPan, cause I enjoyed them hanging out again after a long time, if they were being fake there, then fuck.
@sKyBlazer08 Hype-sis uploaded the video likely. Where it was being discussed at the bar and the park. So it had to have been them. I'm sure they didn't intend it to be bad. But the internet is a terrible place.
Sep 11, 5:02 AM
Oct 2019
Well that was an embarrassing misunderstanding LMAO

Of course once Masaki appear on Camera again and the haters are back.
You just have to learn to ignored it.
Sep 14, 9:58 AM

Oct 2023
Wasnt expecting masaki to get along with her ex friends again. I hope she'll be able to fix the situation, though.
Sep 16, 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
No way Yuki is a cutie streamer? This show just got even better.

This is definitely my current feel good show, any and all worries just disappear when watching this.

Loved the game part of the animation.

I struggle to feel bad for Masaki when she still has never even apologized for her behaviour. Its not like its a small thing blown up by comments either, or they would not have split up over it.
Comander-07Sep 16, 12:54 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 17, 12:25 PM

Oct 2017
Was hilarious to see Yuki's joining process and also that she was also streaming herself. Masaki kind of made up with her old friends but ofc some of the fans aren't happy about her joining MayoPan. She shouldn't care about them and just join anyway but she will which is gonna lead to a short drama and then things will be settled in the finale and possibly reaching their goal as well.
Sep 18, 12:36 AM

Mar 2008
Yuki was actually funny here.

Nice to see Masaki actually managed to get along her friends that rightfully ditched her.
Sep 21, 6:17 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I do lowkey be feeling bad for masaki and da hate she gets. But thats the cost of fame imo

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 9, 8:52 AM

Jan 2017
You thought we would get Masaki joining MayoPan as an on-screen member? OF COURSE IT WOULD BE YUKI INSTEAD

my god her character as a gap moe is utilized beautifully
Oct 9, 11:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuki is a retro gamer eh, so she's joining them anyway, though for Masaki it's still difficult

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23

70 by Stevenclouds »»
Oct 16, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16

32 by Ashhk »»
Oct 12, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29

69 by kireikana »»
Oct 10, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2

37 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 9, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26

42 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 9, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.