Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 9:00 AM

Dec 2021
Who needs a girl of harems, when you got one girl that IS THE HAREM. That's who the absolute GOAT, Rin Nanakura, is.

Gohobi's OP is one hell of a banger. That's for sure. ED sung by best girl is a banger, but the visuals to me are better.

In April, amidst the full bloom of cherry blossoms, freshman Rin Nanakura joins the drama club. It's here she encounters senior Eiji Kitahama, who harbors dreams of a harem akin to those in his favorite manga. Infatuated with Eiji, Rin experiments with different personas to capture his attention. As their pseudo-harem dynamic unfolds, Rin's undeniable acting talent brings Eiji's fantasies to life. Yet, amidst the roles she plays, Rin's genuine feelings for Eiji only deepen.

Read the manga for this a while back. A rather short one it was, not just in chapter count but also in pages as well. Like 6 pages or something per iirc. They could very well adapt the entire manga in this season, which it seems they're doing. Gotta say, they did good on picking Saori out of any sieyuu out there because she's basically played every anime girl that'd be in a harem already. They nailed Motokuni's character design as well. He looks just as goofy as in the manga lol.

They nailed everything about this adaptation so far. Really looking forward to seeing some of the later arcs in anime form.

Jul 4, 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Another rom-com show to look out for this Summer season: mangaka Yuu Saitou's completed manga of Giji Harem, I know this is great.

Gohobi's OP is plenty fine, and Saori Hayami's ED is rather decent, just right and not too bombastic.

The "president" and ONLY goofball member of the drama club: Eiji Kitahama, and the new student of Rin Nanakura, this is not just typical acting drama, but it's of great substance. Once again, Saori Hayami brings her A-game this season as Rin, trying to act the harem towards someone who has a fantasy for it. And Kitahama can't say no to her requests, no matter her character archetype, whether may it be her Tsundere, Cool, or whatever side.

A normal day of after-school lessons for club meetings, and Rin is trying her best to awaken Kitahama with her harem characters, and the latter gets all flustered consistently, which is funny. But to think that both of them are bad at studies, and Kitahama trying to invest much into Rin's various acts, much as much as his fantasy allows, he's pretty unhinged, but at least Rin has her comebacks.

All the funny, serious and unintentional moments...you don't need a harem of girls, you just need ONE girl who can BE the "all-in-one-package" harem, and Saori Hayami FITS Rin so, SO well. Will Nanakura set her heart right on Kitahara as he tries to fulfill his fantasy?
KANLen09Jul 5, 11:33 PM
Jul 4, 8:59 AM

May 2020
Well, it may have harem in its name, but it’s actually not lol. It’s just one girl voicing different personalities. Always thought it might only work in manga as a medium, but hey, the adaptation is here and it's looking really fine. Still they kind of raised the standards of activities to be done in a drama club lol. Rin is already like an “all in one” package who can give you something as extreme as a tsundere to a simple plain girl as easily as by mere breathing.

Pretty sure Eiji’s taking the advantage, I mean anyone would, who has a dream of building something of a harem for himself. Now this series would be like this going forward as well, just as simple and as easy as two people conversing with each other. They got two proper VA’s for this as well, so yeah for a series where everything boils down to the ability of VA to keep you engaged, this was as fine as one would have expected.

Not sure if they’re planning to adapt the entire thing with this one season itself or not, because by all means they can. Chapters were pretty short, but yeah nice fun start. Fine OP and ED as well.
Jul 4, 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
I remember skimming through the manga couple of years ago, was pretty chill rom-com. The premise is interesting, and now with the VAs of this caliber across the board, something to look forward every week i guess + the manga is finished so we should get a full thing.
Jul 4, 9:12 AM
Aug 2022
Awesome show, but might be tooo sweet to watch as a single male
Jul 4, 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
Charming start here with Rin being so great as the pseudo-harem role there, she's quite the actress in showing that much range of characters playfully to be with her senpai often. It's a very simple manga with very, very short chapters so it can feel like a lot is happening at times in a 20 minute episode but it was still solid. Art is nice, animation is very limited but does the job well, voice acting is really nice so far - especially with Saori Hayami's portrayal of Rin here. She's got quite the range of roles over her voice acting career so makes sense she is casted here and it shows off well in how Rin is expressed in this episode.

It's a dumb idea that works for me seeing one girl with her acting chops be the whole harem herself for the guy she likes, characters are nice and the series just feels likable. It's not a series I expect to be one of the very best in the year but should be a relaxing, fun little watch weekly.
Jul 4, 9:24 AM

Mar 2016
Simplicity doesn’t necessitate poor quality as long as everything is clicking fundamentally for the most part. This is one of those examples. It doesn’t boast high profile production or anything of the sort, but the main pairing dynamic is quality stuff. I feel like this is something where its episodic format is a make-or-break deal.
Saori Hayami voicing Rin is so befitting and Nokuhiko voicing roles other than loud-mouth shounen characters is something quite refreshing a change of pace.
Jul 4, 9:24 AM

Mar 2021
This was a good start this show seems like it will be fun to watch.
Jul 4, 9:25 AM
Oct 2022
I now have type 2 diabetes from watching this
Jul 4, 9:27 AM

Jun 2021
So far it is enjoyable. I haven't read the manga, but I think it is one of those series that I will enjoy more, if I read the manga instead. Still I have to say Rin is quite an interesting girl.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Jul 4, 9:33 AM

Jul 2016
Finally, a story where the MC can get a harem ending and best girl ending at the same time!

Also, I was so ready for the reveal that she actually aced her tests despite her embarrassment that her doing kinda bad is weirdly refreshing
Jul 4, 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Rin is such a delight, already love herthem

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 9:50 AM
Jan 2023
that's really good anime to eliminate single people outta existence but damn dude, rating's so unfair, atleast 7.5 tbh
Jul 4, 10:05 AM

Jul 2012
Good first episode. Chapter transition feels a little awkward, but otherwise really cute so far!
Jul 4, 10:06 AM

Jan 2023
Boy meets girl, she clearly got a crush on him almost immediately, she joins the theater club he is in, he tells her he has this fantasy of a 'fake' harem of sort, and being a really good actress she goes along with acting (just for him) the most popular archetypes you find in harems, all the while leaking by accident her true self and feelings on occasion.
I thought it was a very original concept who gives us a very quirky and funny romantic comedy.

Saori Hayami does a banger job of playing all these different 'characters' and jumping from one to the other.
This first episode was genuinely hilarious (with a couple of sweet moments), and it gets points for originality!
Looking forward to next episodes :)
Jul 4, 10:08 AM
Aug 2020
I swear I'm going to have to get checked for diabetes every single week. My health is in danger with Saori just throwing curve-balls with all the different personas~

Literally felt like I couldn't stop fanboying over Saori for a single second in the episode.
Jul 4, 10:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems like we've got ourselves a very entertaining RomCom here! So that's where the Harem comes in from, huh? Full points for creativity, yo.

Hayami Saori-san's pure elegant voice and Okamoto Nobuhiko-san's hoarse voice perfectly compliment the relationship, and it's sweet to see the kouhai fully mero mero for her senpai. Definitely going to tag around to see what's in store for us. We haven't seen all of the personas yet, I noticed the megane persona in the ED there, for example.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 10:16 AM
Jul 2023
Oh damn! another fun dynamic! Rin’s acting, her many cast of characters and Eiji continuous teasing & demands make it really enjoyable to watch.

More! just more!
Jul 4, 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
It really doesn't work as an anime. It's easy to set "personalities" apart in manga panels but it's just a mess while animated with pacing like this. Visuals are really cheap too so you don't get anything out of it being animated, other than having voices, so it would work much better as picture drama. Manga was pretty charming but anime seems to be at the level of an average 4koma adaptation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 4, 10:19 AM
May 2020
look like this season probably give me diabetes, there are to many wholesome romance anime this season and I'm going to consume them all.
Jul 4, 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty fun stuff with the pseudo harem concept. Hearing Hayamin make so many types of voice is an absolute delight, love it. Gonna enjoy this more than the manga cause of her. OP/ED are both nice.
Jul 4, 10:31 AM
Jan 2022
The manga of this was really good. So far it doesn't look like this adaptation will elevate it to a level above the manga, but it's nice to re-experience the story with colors and audio. The main duo's chemistry is already really solid.
Jul 4, 10:35 AM
Apr 2021
Very simple show and the plot is very much normal and that is what I like about this show. Recently we get a bunch of romance shows bringing weird and goofy ahh plot to make us "engaged" or interested like bringing concepts such as harems, sisters, childhood friend, fake relationships, teasing, fan service, or that one girl sitting beside the MC at the back of the class near the window type shit... Like all of those elements have been repetitive and uninteresting lately. I've never seen a show like giji harem before cuz it's simple, fast paced, wholesome, and fking cute. Also the plot setting just feels normal and the female lead herself finally have black hair which is uncommon in anime lately IDK why. But overall this might be my favorite romance anime of the year if it keeps up the pace.
Jul 4, 10:36 AM

Jan 2024
Best girl of all best girl is finally here.
Was waiting so long for this after reading the synopsis.
Looks like it will short story type with each episode having lots of little stories.
Idk if they skip anything but they moved from Spring to Winter in a single episode. Maybe watched too many slow moving romcoms.
Tsundere-chan, impish-chan, cool-chan, spoiled-chan every role felt distinct as expected from Hayami Saori brilliant voicing.
The chemistry between Rin & Eiji was good right of the bat.
He is way to lucky as his classmate said he doesn't deserve her no one does she is way above everyone.
But looking forward to more development this two might the best duo of the season.
OP & ED was fine. OP song was very sweet.

Betting it to be AOTS along with Oshi no Ko . Hope it keeps up.
WaterMageJul 4, 11:18 AM
Jul 4, 10:38 AM
Sep 2021
Best Girl is here fellas🤗❤️ Can't wait for more...
Jul 4, 10:38 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to FinLuke
The manga of this was really good. So far it doesn't look like this adaptation will elevate it to a level above the manga, but it's nice to re-experience the story with colors and audio. The main duo's chemistry is already really solid.
@FinLuke are they skipping anything in this adaptation or the pacing is fine so far
Jul 4, 10:42 AM
May 2015
Very Cute! The art style in the trailers really made me pessimistic, but after watching a whole episode it doesn't really bother me.
Jul 4, 10:43 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to WaterMage
@FinLuke are they skipping anything in this adaptation or the pacing is fine so far
@WaterMage_658 I read it ages ago so I don't really know. However, I've heard that this will be a complete adaptation.
Jul 4, 10:52 AM

Oct 2019
Eh, kinda whatever for me. Would be nicer in smaller chunk episodes. Them hopping around like this doesnt really do it for me. I think ill find myself getting bored like this as time goes on as it seems really repetitive. Nothing really remarkable for the art. Im not sure ill continue but we'll see. Comedy is really miss for me from this. Girl is cute tho.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 4, 10:55 AM
Jan 2024
I really loved this anime. I know that Hayami Saori is really great voice actor. The anime is better than I imagined.

Well I'm not gonna lie animation quality could have been better but still sometimes you have to compromise with animation quality. But still I'm going to give a solid 10/10.
Jul 4, 10:59 AM

May 2023
THE BEST GIRL OF THE YEARRR HAS ARRIVED, HER NAME IS RIN NANAKURA. Saori Hayami is too good to voice Rin.

Really liked this first episode, lots of funny and adorable moments. Eiji cooks too much, he can make a talented girl like Rin fall in love with him.

The OP is so cute, maybe I won't skip this one, ED too, how could I skip Hayamin's song.
Jul 4, 11:01 AM
Feb 2020
Loved the eps so much took bout 2 hour to finish from the rewinds lol.Haven't had my jaw felt numb from smiling the entire time since Dangers and Takagi.Predicted this was gonna be personal best romance of summer and so far its delivering.

OP is great tho liked the duo va's cover more and the male singer was a bit too muted here.Now the ED was straight banger both song and visuals.We got so much content in just the first eps too,hopefully it'll just get better from here on!
Jul 4, 11:02 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to WaterMage
@WaterMage_658 as far as i know nothing was skipped
Jul 4, 11:15 AM
Mar 2024
Literally "Buy 1 get 10 free"
weifJul 4, 3:36 PM
Jul 4, 11:17 AM

Aug 2022
I didn't expect it to be that cute. It's been a while since I watched a romcom, and I laughed a lot at this opening.

Rin has the talent of being able to act as a tsundere girl and a cool girl at the same time. It's just hilarious when Rin occasionally teases Eiji.

Jul 4, 11:17 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to -Sleek-
@WaterMage_658 as far as i know nothing was skipped
@-Sleek- good then. Thanks
Jul 4, 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
KAWAII KAWAII KAWAII KAWAII かわいいいいい
Jul 4, 11:42 AM
Feb 2024
Awww, they both had the same “the beginning of a story” thought. That’s adorable 🥰
She’s really good at this, too!! Looks like Hayami Saori (Yor from Spy X Family’s VA) and Okamoto Nobuhiko (Bakugou from MHA) are in this one! Didn’t expect them to voice act in this together, this is going to be awesome (*≧∀≦*)

The many roles they’ll end up balancing throughout the anime is definitely going to make this entertaining, they’ve already got great chemistry- I love all the teasing and how he tried to be supportive of her drawing 😂.
I didn’t think I’d like this half as much as I do just based on the first episode, but I’m really looking forward to this one now!

Absolutely adorable. Eiji and Rin have incredible chemistry, this anime has a really strong first episode! The “harem” is basically the many different sides or characters that Rin plays because of the club that she and Eiji are in.
It’s really light and wholesome so far, will she be able to tell Eiji how she feels, or will she keep skirting around it by playing her characters?
Jul 4, 11:47 AM

Mar 2020
Quite a cute watch, and in a weekly format, this works pretty well. It's not setting the romcom genre on fire or anything, but it's a simple, cute show about a girl, Rin, who can act out various tropes from harems, which gets Eiji's attention. The main duo was pretty endearing, and it was a pleasant watch. Not a high ceiling in terms of visuals but for a show like this, I don't think it needs to have insane production. The episodic nature of it, I am fine with as well. Sometimes, simplicity can work wonders.
Jul 4, 11:55 AM
Jan 2024
This was so wholesome, the op and ed were very nice and the slice of life is on point. Love at first sight concept was well adapted and the bonding and sweet moments between Eiji and Rin was really awesome. Overall a very heartwarming and relaxing anime. I am very excited for the next episode ^^
Jul 4, 12:06 PM
Aug 2022
This Girl is something else😍 . A single girl army 😂
Jul 4, 12:17 PM

Jul 2021
It's cute, but feels really clunky.

The way each of her personality is employed feels a little forced. A lot of the times the senpai just straight up asks for it. The personality swaps don't really have much of a lasting effect, either. Senpai just does a quick reaction on the spot, and that's about it.

If every episode is going to be a collection of ~10 occasions where Rin quickly rotates through personalities like this, I have a feeling this will get old fast.

Sure, I'm happy to hear Hayami Saori really have fun like this, and the character design and acting is great, but the material itself just feels so throwaway and low-effort...
Jul 4, 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
This season is dominated by great rom coms and Giji harem is gonna be up near the top. Such a cute first episode and it feels like the personification of “get you somebody that can do both” except Rin can’t just do both, she can do it all. Imagine dating a girl who can be all of your favourite tropes 😂

Not much going on story wise, but it’s a wholesome Hayamin romance and pretty funny. Not much else needed. Rin’s acting range is the best we’ve ever seen and I loved seeing all the quirks of the various personalities. The MC using all of Rin’s personalities as motivation to get better in various subjects was hilarious as well and I just like what they did with the gag so far.

Looking forward to this as the Jiisanbasan wholesome relaxing watch of the season
Marinate1016Jul 4, 12:47 PM
Jul 4, 12:26 PM
Jul 2023
It's watching 20 minutes of two dorks flirting and Hayamin flexing her chops. I'm all in
Jul 4, 12:29 PM
Apr 2020
This felt like an anime without a plot. Without a plot, the anime has no meaning. This anime had no meaning. It made no sense.
Jul 4, 12:29 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to perseii
It's cute, but feels really clunky.

The way each of her personality is employed feels a little forced. A lot of the times the senpai just straight up asks for it. The personality swaps don't really have much of a lasting effect, either. Senpai just does a quick reaction on the spot, and that's about it.

If every episode is going to be a collection of ~10 occasions where Rin quickly rotates through personalities like this, I have a feeling this will get old fast.

Sure, I'm happy to hear Hayami Saori really have fun like this, and the character design and acting is great, but the material itself just feels so throwaway and low-effort...
@perseii It's what the source is. It's really just a cute wholesome school romance. There's not huge character depth or anything. And I don't think any characters like hugely stand out, it's just fluffy. I think of it as something light with slight Takagi-san vibes.

It's just watching two kids that like each other without any drama.
Jul 4, 12:33 PM

May 2019
Interesting premise with one girl playing the role of several types to appease Eiji's desire to have a harem. While she may be mostly acting I think she's injecting some of her own desires in those personalities which makes them more impressive.
Jul 4, 12:43 PM
Oct 2023
incredible, absolute peak
Jul 4, 12:47 PM

Nov 2017
All you need is Rin harem 🤤🤤
Jul 4, 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
Brilliant start. Hayami Saori is just flawless ❤️
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FadesHandle - Sep 5

50 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

76 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.