Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Nina and the rest of the band are diligently practicing for the upcoming festival to which they were asked to preform in, becoming more cohesive as a band.

Seeing the vast audience seating and the large stage at the festival venue fills the entire band with determination. At the same time, Subaru is also firming up her resolve to pursue what she truly wants to do.

Amazing performance as usual. Visuals and that song slapped.

Jun 14, 9:32 AM

Jan 2016
What a performance damn. The lyrics were so beautiful, having pieces of all the troubles their group have.

If anyone is curious on the lyrics, posted by official channel: (performance is fucked by Youtube bitrate compression sadly...)
"Emptiness and Catharsis"
Jun 14, 9:36 AM
Nov 2022
The entire episode was amazing. The performance was something else, visually wise it was perfect, I really like this new song. Even the new Diamond Dust was a banger.
Jun 14, 9:47 AM

Aug 2010
Now THIS, this is how you do a Girls Band Cry episode! Absolutely phenomenal in every single possible way, please keep up this quality for the last episodes!
Jun 14, 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing episode! Worth staying up to watch before going to bed! Damn that song, the visuals and how they squeezed in their 2D versions in there! Not as captivating and catchy as BTR’s performance but definitely up there! Man these girl band theme anime has been doing work! Not as much of a girl band but more like an idol one but Selection Project also killed it with their songs! I hope we get more girl bands in the coming future! And I cannot believe Im watching a CGI anime series and is actually enjoying every single dang mint of it. I dont know how Toei of all studios was able to pull it off but here I am. I just hope they dont get any funny ideas and go with the CGI route for their future projects.

Subaru has finally spread her wings! Its time to fly girl! Nina going down on the guitar before their performance and admitting to everyone including the audience that she sucks is peak Nina!
A little early but I hope we get a season 2.
Jun 14, 10:28 AM
Dec 2022
That performance was absolute cinema, bro. 100/10. I loved it! Experienced a rush of different emotions while watching it. OMFG, they outdid themselves.
Jun 14, 11:00 AM
Nov 2022
SUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Jun 14, 11:11 AM
Nov 2020
very very very kino episodee
Jun 14, 11:12 AM
Jun 2020
ABSOLUTE BANGER EPISODE. I'm wordless. It was goddamn amazing!
Jun 14, 11:22 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit, I'm speechless! CGI was superb this episode! What a show, such amazing performance!
Jun 14, 11:31 AM

Feb 2019
Been sat here speechless for the last 25 minutes or so trying to put into words how special this episode and performance was and I can’t even come up with the superfluous words that I normally do. So ima just say how it felt.

Ain’t about the size of the stage it’s about the size of the dog on that stage 🔥 . The girls got put on the smallest stage but gave the few smart fans who showed up the greatest spectacle of that festival.

This was the best 3D musical performance of all time in an anime. Hands down. But more important than the artistic quality was the emotion and meaning behind the lyrics Nina came up with. Lines like “To all those that put me down I wanna shout that I’m still standing” and ““I don’t want to die anymore” I want to live” showcase Nina’s growth over the course of the season and her renewed sense of purpose.

Being vulnerable and sharing this with the world isn’t easy to do, but it’s thanks to people like Momoka doing that with their music that saved Nina back in the day. Now she bas the opportunity to be that source of inspiration to others. A true full circle moment. This ofc wouldn’t have been possible without that meeting with her parents last week to finally move on from the past.

This song is gonna get played on repeat nonstop all summer when it drops on AM..

Right now this just overtook Yorukura as AOTS, let’s see how my girls respond tomorrow lol.. For me, this is everything people thought Bocchi was.

P.S preview for next GBC ep looks kinda depressing.. hope nothing bad happens
Marinate1016Jun 14, 2:58 PM
Jun 14, 12:05 PM

Oct 2022
Absolute cinema.
)
Jun 14, 12:32 PM

Aug 2022
Honestly this could have been the last episode and i would have been more than happy so getting 2 more after this is a blessing that performance was phenomenal. I love all the girls so much especially Nina.

Her outfit for the performance was so cool I really want one of my own.
Jun 14, 12:38 PM

Aug 2020
what a powerpack performance, CGI animation was so good.
Jun 14, 12:41 PM
Jan 2024
what a good episode my god, this series is getting better and better
Jun 14, 12:54 PM
Dec 2022
(character count quota)
Jun 14, 1:09 PM
Sep 2022
Well, both Momoka and her band's song and Diamond Dust's song have been incredible. Maybe I should side with Momoka's band, but the Diamond Dust song has also been Very good . So we'll see how this series ends.
Jun 14, 1:11 PM
Sep 2020
such a sweet episode. love seeing Nina and Momoka so close and getting along 😍 - but all the rest of it was great too. I wasn't as into the new song at first (it's not a banger the way VOID, Nameless Name, or Wrong World are*), but it definitely grew on me as it went by. The 2D moments during the song were great too, and it was cool seeing them show the soundcheck, and their outfits were great. Everyone's reflections, Tomo comforting Rupa, and like everything else about the episode.

* Actually I do really like the studio version:
https://youtu.be/hwvAh7M3erc?si=AaX0WwvLgZwsV8y1

DaiDust song was decent, but like their version of VOID, it really just doesn't hit me the same as TogeToge
akatsukinolunaJun 14, 1:39 PM
Jun 14, 1:17 PM
Mar 2024
perfect 10/10 , Nina is so funny 😂, i enjoyed this episode wholeheartedly ❤️
Jun 14, 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
momoka's solos are so fucking peak
Jun 14, 2:31 PM
Jun 2023
The fact that every song is consistently a banger just takes GBC up to top tier with Bocchi (music wise). Loving this show more and more every episode! 10/10!
Jun 14, 3:32 PM
Jan 2024
No words
Just an image to describe my speeches self
Jun 14, 4:10 PM

Sep 2022
WHAT AN EPISODE. Yes all in caps.

Jun 14, 4:27 PM

Oct 2016
at the end of Catharsis, when there were quick flashes of different people...
was the lady arriving at the fes Tomo's mom? and the lady in the mourning gown was Rupa's mom?
Jun 14, 4:30 PM

Jun 2019
It's peak. I really like their clothes. Not the usual frilly stuff these anime bands wear.
Jun 14, 4:38 PM
Sep 2017
Yet another peak episode. Pure Cinema.

Jun 14, 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly, this anime has been a very pleasant surprise for me. I went into it pretty hesitant and wasn't even sure if I was going to watch it due to the CG, but I am really happy I gave it the chance that I did. The animation is actually very good, the characters are full of expression... and I have to say in terms of CG... it's actually really damned good.

Also, the music is great and I hope with Bocchi the Rock and Girls Band Cry... more and more music/idol anime start exploring further outside of just frilly dresses and cutesy pop music. Course, I might be a little biased since rock is more my style lol.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jun 14, 4:55 PM

Sep 2016
This episode moved me like no other. Long live youth.
Jun 14, 5:12 PM
Nov 2023
Absolute gem. Shit had me crying like very few anime can. Why Toei decided to make something this incredible and show it to aboslutely no one is beyond me.
Jun 14, 5:14 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
was the lady arriving at the fes Tomo's mom? and the lady in the mourning gown was Rupa's mom?
@Mikarin_Enjoyer Yeah I think the lady arriving is a relative to Tomo, since in that brief part it was showing close people of the members.
And the graveyard part probably Rupa visiting their parents grave? Since they both passed away in an accident. That part was really sad
Jun 14, 5:54 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to Ryushindai
@Mikarin_Enjoyer Yeah I think the lady arriving is a relative to Tomo, since in that brief part it was showing close people of the members.
And the graveyard part probably Rupa visiting their parents grave? Since they both passed away in an accident. That part was really sad
@Ryushindai my first guess was that it was a flashforward for Rupa, but it lack the consistency that the previous scenes tried to convey (like people related to the girl)

and now i dont really remember 100% if both her parents died in the accident, but i think they did, although in the morgue there was only 1 body

it could also just be a sister we dont know about or an aunt we dont know about, Rupa is the biggest mystery in the series
Jun 14, 6:22 PM
Nov 2023
22 idiots need help. I mean, not scoring this max should be a capital offence…
Absolute pinnacle of the season so far and I’m watching 38 current shows. Kanpeki deshita.
Jun 14, 6:23 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
@Ryushindai my first guess was that it was a flashforward for Rupa, but it lack the consistency that the previous scenes tried to convey (like people related to the girl)

and now i dont really remember 100% if both her parents died in the accident, but i think they did, although in the morgue there was only 1 body

it could also just be a sister we dont know about or an aunt we dont know about, Rupa is the biggest mystery in the series
@Mikarin_Enjoyer checking back, both times anything about Rupa backstory is mentioned its just said 家族 (family), but the way she follows the conversation in episode 10 sounds like both. But only 1 body in the morgue is a good point actually.

Rupa also had a long hair in the morgue scene so any is valid. I hope we get more details on the backstory soon, still need that episode fully focused on her.
Jun 14, 7:11 PM

Mar 2018
nina's VA has an incredible voice; the lyrics were also very good. it feels like "final episode" type of song.
Jun 14, 7:14 PM

Feb 2023
Can somebody please explain who is this? :(

DawolfsamJun 14, 7:17 PM

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 14, 7:39 PM
Sep 2022
The real anime of the season
thanks toei
Jun 14, 7:44 PM
Apr 2022
waiting every week is worth, the song, the performance, the camera work is really great
Jun 14, 9:09 PM

May 2015
Reply to Dawolfsam
Can somebody please explain who is this? :(

@Dawolfsam That was Rupa standing at her parents grave. She had longer hair in the past as it was shown in an other shot.

夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 14, 9:40 PM
May 2023
that performance made me tear up! I dont know if it was off to anyone else but the sudden rivalry between the bands confused me. I knew Nina wanted to be better than diamond dust and surpass them, but it felt one sided. Idk. Either way emotional episode, this show has so much emotion
Jun 14, 10:03 PM

May 2021
WE NEED ANOTHER SEASON! Please don't let GBC end after 13, the people need it!

What a killer episode, from start to finish there wasn't a single miss. Seriously falling in love with this show's style and sound. I can't get over how addictive the music is and how likable all of the characters are. They even have Miyuki Sawashiro voice a character, this show was made for me.

The first thing I did after this episode ended was go onto Spotify and throw the new Diamond Dust and TogeToge tracks in the playlist. Bangers.

Animation has honestly been getting better and better as the show progresses. The performances on stage looked incredible, and on top of that the new outfits were amazing. Nina's hair really hit the mark with her outfit, that was such a cool small touch. Rupa is steadily climbing my favorites too, I really want to learn more about her. I have nothing negative to say about the entire cast honestly. Having all of the girls voice their own characters is such a gangster move. They are all great.

I'll say it again, we need another season. At the very least some big streaming platform needs to pick this up. This anime deserves more attention.
Jun 14, 10:07 PM

Jun 2015
PEAAAAAKKK
I cried from that beautiful performance
love their outfits! especially Nina's
Jun 14, 10:17 PM

May 2019
It's Saturday and it's a crying time again. Holy, they slapped so hard with their performances and it's almost criminal how good the cg and camera work were. I'm surprised that they decided to use new songs for their performances and both of them were really good. One was good but the one was just really raw and expressed more freely than the other. Toge Toge's new song is pretty much Nina's pent up raw emotions and the rest of the bandmates personal feelings regarding their troubles too. With how it all started with the void and finally they able to move on with their struggles and being together in achieving it. And also it's a nice touch that Subaru could finally perform honestly with her real name instead of stage name. I really love the small converstion that she had with Nina about how she view Nina and how she inspired to become a drummer to support everyone from the back. I know what you are Tomo, you are such a worrywart. Truly a small ball of tsundere and I love it. Rupa got a really nice quote there "Infighting is the best." She really just like one us enjoy watching our girls fighting and crying. I'm not sure if I even watch enough animated live musical performance but I could say that this is easily amongst the best one I have ever seen. My favorite part of this episode is when they shows how technical Subaru's drumming and Rupa's bass performance. It feels good to see them got a spotlight especially Subaru.
VivaceRexJun 14, 10:40 PM

Jun 14, 10:22 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
@Mikarin_Enjoyer Rupa herself when she had longer hair. Both her parents are dead
Jun 14, 10:46 PM

Oct 2016
I have no words, that performance was everything, it also made me tear up and that's amazing. It ain't the girls band that's crying, it's us. That was straight up an MV and those quick flashes of their past was so good.

Toei and Rupa were just flexing though when they were doing those sound checks, in real life and fictionally

That stare down between Diamond Dust and TogeToge was awesome, the shot was awesome, the directing was awesome, everything about this show is awesome. Did not expect Diamond Dust to raise their pinkies as a declaration of war, but I got a whole lot more respect for them after that performance, just don't sing Void ever again.

Also, TogeToge's outfits are so cool, the drip is insane, now that's rock.

We got a whole lotta hugging this episode too, who's gonna hug Subaru though? It's also nice to see the girl from episode 1 become a fan of TogeToge and of course, seeing Subaru's grandma in the crowd is also very very nice.

It's insane how nobody licensed this show overseas, but it still gained a good amount of popularity thanks to the show's quality alone, it's a testament to how peak Girls Band Cry is.

There's only 2 episodes left, it's so over, I really hope we get a second season or even a movie, I'll take anything.
Jun 14, 11:21 PM
Apr 2021
Woahh Togenashi Togeari's new song! while I'm still not into to the song when first time I heard, not like their other songs before, more easy listening from first time heard

I'm curious with the woman at minute 23:10 and The woman at the funeral. Is she Tomo's mother? but I don't have a clue for the woman at the funeral.

Subaru told her grandmother & Nina's father watch her concert while online.

2 episodes left, I love this series. I wish there is season 2, because I love this series and all 5 main characters
rahezJun 16, 5:20 PM
Jun 14, 11:35 PM

Aug 2022
Thank you, thank you for your hard work and thank you for giving such a great performance to us, Togenashi Togeari.

Today I am very happy because their 11th episode succeeded in making me realize, I love this band. I really love all five of them. Their new single is amazing, it's so amazing.

I'm grateful that you like it, because I read your comments above this comment. I'm also grateful to have discovered this hidden gem one year ago. See you next week.

Jun 14, 11:48 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to takukitten
that performance made me tear up! I dont know if it was off to anyone else but the sudden rivalry between the bands confused me. I knew Nina wanted to be better than diamond dust and surpass them, but it felt one sided. Idk. Either way emotional episode, this show has so much emotion
@takuseal Diamond Dust wants to prove to Momoka that they made the right choice in selling out to become an idol band, and Nina/Momoka wants to prove that staying true to oneself is the right choice. But yeah, it was just that one scene in episode 8 where we really get Diamond Dust's perspective, so it does feel a bit one sided.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 14, 11:56 PM
Apr 2024
I mean, everyone's already talked about the AMAZING CG. What I really appreciate about this show is that it captures the youthful edginess so perfectly. It doesn't feel forced or cringey; it feels real and relatable, like something I would've went through in my teen years.

Out of all the anime this season to not get licensed for streaming, it had to be this one, the dark horse that surprised everyone and is better than some of the highly anticipated anime. I just hope that someone picks it up at some point, cuz this one is truly a hidden gem.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 15, 1:09 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to stevejawbs
@takuseal Diamond Dust wants to prove to Momoka that they made the right choice in selling out to become an idol band, and Nina/Momoka wants to prove that staying true to oneself is the right choice. But yeah, it was just that one scene in episode 8 where we really get Diamond Dust's perspective, so it does feel a bit one sided.
@stevejawbs I didn't like that part very much. More than one-sided, it seemed childish to me. Diamond dust showed with their performance that they were not wrong, they simply chose a different path, neither better nor worse than the chose momoka. The music industry is like that, opportunities come to you and you take them or not. Nina's phrase "let's take away all their fans" also seems childish to me,¿Para mostrar que tú no estabas equivocada tienes que destruir a otra banda? It might not be that there is no one wrong here, everyone simply chose a different path. Life has many nuances, not everything is black and white. Greetings
HormigoJun 15, 1:14 AM
Jun 15, 1:35 AM

May 2023
I don't know what I'm trying to say, it's just that every second of this episode was amazing. Absolute Cinema.

Maybe this is the coolest outfit of all the bands/idols I've ever watched, especially for Nina, all the parts of her outfit are really cool.

Ahh family, everyone saw their respective children/grandchildren's concert, and I just realized that it was Rupa visiting her parents' grave. And the girl who just came to watch the concert is Tomo's mother.

The part that shows their past made me cry and get goosebumps at the same time, especially Rupa's part.

Just wanted to say so far, this is the Anime of the Season for me, Thank you Toei Animation.
NezuSwallowtail_Jun 15, 2:07 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.