Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 15, 9:08 PM

Aug 2019
The players say that the story is good, so I'll still look forward to the next episode. But actually, I just see that most people are too obsessed with the characters, it reduces my interest in continuing the anime.
Apr 16, 11:05 AM
Nov 2022
Lots of action, lots of bullets and a tsundere cat girl, in short this is the anime of the year 🚬.

I still wonder: to what extent are those bullets real? That is to say, they are not seen to cause damage greater than a temporary stun even though the projectiles can pass through walls and glass in addition to doing slight damage to military grade armor, bruh.
Apr 16, 12:47 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to Ba-Cii10
A boring conflict resolved in a boring way, that was the whole episode XD
Ok, after two episodes I say that this anime is a strange, uninvolving and boring collection of things with no specific plot, I will probably drop it after the third episode. So I'm curious if this anime can really be liked by someone who hasn't played the game and has no attachment to the series.
1/5
@Ba-Cii10 honestly im not enjoying it aside from the beautiful animation. i just put it on in the bg while looking through other sites. its decent enough for a time passer
Apr 16, 1:25 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
Kakeru_00115 said:
revealing everything about the debt will end the anime in 4 episodes. Things related about the debt also is a major spoiler for Volume F

Well, I meant that the debt is one of the if not the worst things to explain first. 2 ep is out an there wasn't even a hint how the world became like that (not about the races, not about the shit they have above their heads, not even why tf they are constantly fighting) exept the sandstorm, but I wouldn't even call that as a part of worldbuilding here.
Tiau said:
You should probably rewatch the first episode, they specifically said they do commissions for money to pay off the debt, you just have to read the subtitles man

Won't waste another 25 minutes of my time on that, but thanks for mentioning that it was actually said in 1st ep. It's just because the first ep was soooo entertaining boring that I unforunately missed that.
@LessThanAnimeFan As another person said the specifics of the debt is something that is revealed later on, and let's just say that if some people already love Hoshino they will definitely like her a lot more once more things are revealed as well.

About the world of Blue Archive which is called Kivotos, even in the game we still don't know more than the fact that the halos is what makes the people that are residents of Kivotos able to have such strong resistance including when they are hit with bullets (so Sensei as it is already vaguely implied in this episode when he falls from the car along with Ayane doesn't have that protection and can die if he were to be hit with a bullet like a normal human). When the story of the game starts getting good though, the main antagonists are also revealed along with their main objective which is actually trying to uncover all mysteries of the Kivotos world. A lot of people myself included actually like them because they are not your typical villains that just want to rule the world or hating everyone just because people killed their mom.

That said, I do understand most people's frustrations and I actually almost dropped the game myself when I started playing because the first arc which is what we see in the anime so far it is indeed boring except for some comedy situations here and there and around the end of the arc. Not gonna lie, if I were to watch this anime without having played the game I wouldn't understand shit and most likely I would have dropped it as well but it's how it is, both in the game and in the anime the story is very slow at first and the students of Abydos overall are not that interesting (except for Hoshino because plot reasons later on) compared to the ones we get to know later in future arcs.
CursedFeinApr 17, 5:41 AM
Apr 16, 5:09 PM

Feb 2023
As a Gematria enjoyer as well, I am very excited to see Black Suit appear (and speak!). But yes, a lot of Blue Archive's setting is not explained since
Apr 16, 7:59 PM

Nov 2009
"The Sandstorm kept on coming"

Yup, that they did, they cume a lot.

almost 1 billion in debt... why did they kept on taking loans when the sand was covering the city to the point where they can't remove them...

If you couldn't remove the sand... where did the money from the loan go? cause obviously it wasn't there to remove the sands and repair buildings...

Should have "BUILD A WALL" (Kkona), to block the sandstorm or something. (actually, I see parts of the city that isn't covered in Sand and has a sort of shield over it?... why didn't they make more shield to cover more city?)

Also, yup... some of the BA characters still reminds me of some other anime series characters... LOL

Such as Serika reminds me of "Azusa from K-on"

BTW, I still wonder... did Sensei actually go into the Tablet? or is he just poking and talking to Arona from the Tablet's screen?

Cause whenever Sensei goes to talk to Arona, the screen turns black and sensei appears inside Arona's 3D space...

But then it goes blackscreen again and Sensei is seen holding the tablet as the tablet loads into other programs (such as maps)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 17, 9:26 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to CursedFein
@LessThanAnimeFan As another person said the specifics of the debt is something that is revealed later on, and let's just say that if some people already love Hoshino they will definitely like her a lot more once more things are revealed as well.

About the world of Blue Archive which is called Kivotos, even in the game we still don't know more than the fact that the halos is what makes the people that are residents of Kivotos able to have such strong resistance including when they are hit with bullets (so Sensei as it is already vaguely implied in this episode when he falls from the car along with Ayane doesn't have that protection and can die if he were to be hit with a bullet like a normal human). When the story of the game starts getting good though, the main antagonists are also revealed along with their main objective which is actually trying to uncover all mysteries of the Kivotos world. A lot of people myself included actually like them because they are not your typical villains that just want to rule the world or hating everyone just because people killed their mom.

That said, I do understand most people's frustrations and I actually almost dropped the game myself when I started playing because the first arc which is what we see in the anime so far it is indeed boring except for some comedy situations here and there and around the end of the arc. Not gonna lie, if I were to watch this anime without having played the game I wouldn't understand shit and most likely I would have dropped it as well but it's how it is, both in the game and in the anime the story is very slow at first and the students of Abydos overall are not that interesting (except for Hoshino because plot reasons later on) compared to the ones we get to know later in future arcs.
@CursedFein Yeah. Being poisoned by animes that drops everything on first episodes or parts of the story.
Apr 18, 8:59 AM
Sep 2022
I Love How Serika Really Tsundere They Did They Do Really Well On How To Animated And Voice Serika Tsundere This Is More Good With Voice Actress With It I Love How They Upgrade On The Game That Serika Tsundere With Voice Really Got It In Her Personality I Did Not Disappointed Im Happy With It Of Course Im Happy In This Episode Serika Focus On It Her Feelings Of Trust Resolved With Sensei : )

And The ED Theme Song I Love The Theme , The Animation And The Song That How We See They Abydos Daily Life Happiness And With Sensei We See How He Working Tired Like On Game He Always Working And Exhausted

( Of Course I Feel Bad For It He Exhaust Like The Students Worried To Sensei )

But What I Wanna Say I Love How They Seeing It Animation And See Sensei Hard Working Exhausted Like On The Game I Love How They Applied On Anime : )

And Of Course His Bonding Moments With Abydos Students : )

The Next One Are The Problem Solver 68 Excited To See Theme Official Anime On Next Episode... ^-^
Apr 18, 9:51 AM

Feb 2011
Isn't this just Nekopara with halos and guns?

Honestly that's the vibe I get lol

Apr 18, 12:30 PM
Mar 2011
Some harsh comments around, well of course that would happen. It's a different experience than the game, and if I didn't play it I'm not sure I'd find these 2 episodes super exceptional. I had a different approach with the game : I needed a laid-back ambiance with cute looking characters without thinking too much about the world construction.
Sometimes there's no need to ask yourself too many questions because even though the presented things don't make sense, you don't need to know everything you don't need explanations. It's a fantasy.
Just go with the flow, sit in your chair and enjoy.
Apr 19, 2:48 PM
Jun 2022
This episode was an absolutly masterpiece and I loved every single bit of it!
🤍★彡[ᴇᴍɪ ꜰᴜᴍɪᴋᴏ]彡★💙
Apr 19, 11:11 PM
Jun 2023
she was hiding her feelings
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

Jan 2011
The fact that zoomers are accepting of this CGItrash is really telling. Zoomers have low brain capacity. Raised in a terrible world controlled by Jews and Democrats.
Apr 22, 9:59 PM
Jan 2012
Reply to Verty_
The fact that zoomers are accepting of this CGItrash is really telling. Zoomers have low brain capacity. Raised in a terrible world controlled by Jews and Democrats.
@Verty_ Why those two groups specifically?
Apr 23, 12:11 AM

Mar 2013
Sad to see the story getting butchered. 😤
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 23, 2:34 AM
Jan 2012
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Sad to see the story getting butchered. 😤
@CrazyButNot4U by how much?
Apr 23, 4:17 AM

May 2015
It's beautiful and Arona is over cute.

But the show itself is kinda Random.
Apr 27, 12:30 PM
Aug 2017
It has a little bit backstory about how Sensei took over the role of General Student Council (highest authority in Kivotos) but the detail is a little bit pff, They make over the whole prolog into a minute. Overall the story were sadapted just like the story in-game but lack of a little bit of detail.
May 1, 7:52 AM
Sep 2020
Ah yes, the same explosion which has tipped over two huge tanks does precisely zilch to three frail schoolgirls standing right next to it. Barely even musses up their hair...

Also, why is a bunch of high school students the ones who have to pay for rebuilding the city? Shouldn't that fall to, I don't know, the local authorities?

I'm guessing both of these aspects make sense within the game's setting, but so far they're just confusing...

Also, you gotta love how:
- the heroines all have unique halo designs, but the mooks only have generic circles. I guess if you're born with a barebones halo, you're doomed to a life of mediocrity? (Are people even born with these halos or what?)
- the universe, for no particular reason, is inhabited by 1) waifus, 2) robots and furries (to ensure the waifus have no competitors for the players' attention + no potential boyfriends), and 3) Sensei, aka the only male human in the world apparently.

Honestly, things like these may be acceptable in a game, but in an anime, they just make the world seem painfully artificial...
May 1, 8:27 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Havoc_Crow
Ah yes, the same explosion which has tipped over two huge tanks does precisely zilch to three frail schoolgirls standing right next to it. Barely even musses up their hair...

Also, why is a bunch of high school students the ones who have to pay for rebuilding the city? Shouldn't that fall to, I don't know, the local authorities?

I'm guessing both of these aspects make sense within the game's setting, but so far they're just confusing...

Also, you gotta love how:
- the heroines all have unique halo designs, but the mooks only have generic circles. I guess if you're born with a barebones halo, you're doomed to a life of mediocrity? (Are people even born with these halos or what?)
- the universe, for no particular reason, is inhabited by 1) waifus, 2) robots and furries (to ensure the waifus have no competitors for the players' attention + no potential boyfriends), and 3) Sensei, aka the only male human in the world apparently.

Honestly, things like these may be acceptable in a game, but in an anime, they just make the world seem painfully artificial...
@Havoc_Crow you dont need to know now
May 1, 7:09 PM

Feb 2023
Havoc_Crow said:
three frail schoolgirls
Said schoolgirls are unironically more durable than the tanks though.
Havoc_Crow said:
why is a bunch of high school students the ones who have to pay for rebuilding the city?
They're not doing that.
May 11, 10:40 AM

Jun 2016
well this is from game adaptation story , so no wonder about the story
May 11, 6:04 PM
Nov 2019
It was good! I love how much character development Serika is getting!
May 30, 5:12 PM
Jan 2009
Official EN subs uploaded
Aug 29, 10:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Saving Serika from being kidnapped in the desert, well why not for some Serika character development she isn't bad at all so far, she has a cute tsundere side.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

252 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 23

67 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

25 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.