Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Well, that dragon isn't the only friend getting along with Yumiella.

It's been building up to this point but about time she realizes about her feelings towards Patrick, that's beyond just friendship. We do see that Yumiella also has a strategic mind on who she can trust as well. Clever girl imo, with underrated intelligence in this show.
Mar 5, 7:48 AM

Dec 2021
The romance is finally starting.

Yumiella, who refused the recruitment offer from the intelligence officer of the Varschein Kingdom, began to wonder during their conversation if she harbored special feelings for Patrick. She was curious about Patrick's secret actions, but he refused to disclose them to her no matter what. Later, the long awaited exam finally begins.

Yumiella and Patrick did well in the entire exam, but Elenora struggled during the makeup test. Fortunately, Yumiella helped her study and she passed. Then, we had Edwin apologizing to her... Sure, all's forgiven. But something I really wonder about is Yumiella and Patrick's relationship; lol.

We're almost at the end, but can they finish everything in just three episodes?

Mar 5, 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
Yumeila still has a lot to learn about her own emotions mainly love.
I feel sorry for Patrick and everything he has to go trough to get his feelings across hopefully he will succeed in doing so soon.
It also seems that the prince and his followers are finally starting to get some sense the question is for how long tho.
And it also seems their way of handling Alicia isn't very good for her the question is wether they will understand that or not.
Mar 5, 9:04 AM
Sep 2021
Yumiella is still dumb enough to not know that Patrick is in love with him & also she has feelings towards him and also Alicia has been kidnapped.
Mar 5, 9:19 AM
Sep 2015
I think Alicia is just trying to solo dungeon by herself. After all, her level is so low it's not even a joke anymore, especially when there's a threat from both demon lord and neighbor kingdom.

I've no comment on the relationship between Patrick and Yumiella.
Mar 5, 9:20 AM
Aug 2020
@justhuman22 another great ep, damn yumiella is in love but just cant get trought her head
Mar 5, 9:39 AM

Feb 2024
Yumiella tuesdays hype!! Yumiella x Patrick is becoming more possible with every episode :D . I already can't wait for ep 10!
Mar 5, 9:52 AM
Feb 2023
Every week loving more and more both Yumiela and the ending.
How great when a show I had no expectations about turns out this good.
Mar 5, 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
My man Patrick's been diligently trying to level up, you can do it. Yumiella's beyond dense, she realised her feelings and was like nah that can't be right. Heck she even thought Patrick got an abusive girlfriend lmao. Patrick has a tough time ahead of him but he's a great guy, he even changed the prince. He seemed like a different guy entirely. What happened to pink hair girl though? Btw I found the info that demon lord will only attack this kingdom interesting, something's up.
Mar 5, 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
“That made me realise how I feel about Patrick” let’s goooo finally the dense cutie is being smart… or maybe not 💀 Yumiella still not quite understanding Patrick’s feelings, but at least she realises how important he is to her.

Feel bad for Patrick. Doing all this to level up and be someone “worthy of her” only for Yumiella to interpret his actions as him hiding a gf 😩. Obviously will never reach lv 99, but respect to him for trying to better himself.

Elenora is an idiot for everything but Edwin, lmao. The fact she turns into a damn genius when you connect academic facts to the prince had my dying. Remembering Silas? Too hard. Remembering Edwin’s grandfather’s grandfather? Easy.

Well well well, an apology from Edwin for all his shitty behaviour since the entrance ceremony was a welcome sight. He and his cronies have been nothing but rude to Yumiella simply because she’s strong and it’s about time they squashed it. At least until Alicia goes missing and William doubts Yumiella is telling the truth 💀 these guys are so unserious.

I feel like Alicia might be under a mind control spell and that’s why she went off to the dungeon alone? Her eyes were blank in that last shot and it doesn’t really make sense to go off to a dark dungeon solo like that..

Either way, next ep should be fun.
Marinate1016Mar 5, 10:53 AM
Mar 5, 10:48 AM
Feb 2024
"There's one thing l'd like to know, purely out of curiosity."
"What's that?"
"Your reason for staying in this kingdom."
THE WAY MY HEART MELTED WHEN HER FIRST THOUGHT WAS OF PATRICK (*≧∀≦*)
Now she's second guessing her feelings since he's the only one who really talks to her but
COME ON YUMIELLA, THIS IS PROGRESS ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ | really hope she doesn't settle for friends!!!

Yumiella: “want to go ride Ryu with me?”
Patrick: (on the inside: 😰 *has flashbacks from her rather interesting flight last time*)
On the outside: “pass” (*^^*)

I love that she wants to spend more time with him and this time it’s HIM not getting the message, he wants to get stronger so she’ll notice him but doesn’t know that she already has 🥰. Watching him be so emphatic that he doesn’t have a girlfriend so she knows he’s available- they’re both so cute 😂
Mar 5, 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
The prince finally stopped being a jerk but it is a shame Alicia still sees Yumiella like a monster.
Mar 5, 11:27 AM
Apr 2023
Yumiella is starting to get respecting/appreciated (and less feared) by people a lot now, but still funny when she has the misunderstandings with Patrick (who's growing on me now that he's starting going to dungeons to try and win over Yumiella).

Interested to see how far the story gets, and hope it gets a second season if it finishes without them defeating the Demon Lord! (Imagining it might not get that far)
Mar 5, 12:06 PM

May 2015
Patrick is such a gem. He finally got prince edwin to stop being so rude to Yumiella and apologize! Now if only he could have a one on one conversation with Alicia...
Mar 5, 1:00 PM
Mar 2021
Nice to see Patrick working so hard for Yumiella. He is truly goated.

Also nice to see that she is starting to reciprocate, though of course it's being done gradually.
Mar 5, 1:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The Linus Tech Tips spy was kinda random but he did have some interesting things to say, like the fact other kingdoms are aware of Yumiella and that the demon lord is supposed to only attack the kingdom Yumiella is in, that’s intriguing for sure but for now that’s all we got as Yumiella helped the spy escape, she might be betraying the kingdom with that but what can you do lol. And behind the scenes Patrick has been leveling up because of Yumiella’s comment about only being into people that are stronger than her, and I respect that he’s doing it despite knowing he can’t reach level 99. And in regards to this we had quite the funny scene where Yumiella thought Patrick had an abusive girlfriend lol, rip Patrick.

And later we had a scene where we got to see Edwin apologize to Yumiella at last since he was the only one not to so far, and it was all thanks to Patrick, if no one else got Yumiella’s back I know Patrick does lol. It was also cute how Yumiella wanted to know what Patrick said about her, really enjoying how she’s progressively thinking more and more about him and being unsure of her feelings. And speaking of Edwin, I also enjoyed that bit where Eleanora only knew history that was related to Edwin when they were studying, it’s all Edwin with this girl lol. And lastly we got teased on Alicia being missing, and based on those eyes at the end there’s definitely more going on than meets the eye.
TheColonel76Mar 5, 1:39 PM
Mar 5, 2:12 PM
Feb 2023
MegamiRem said:
My man Patrick's been diligently trying to level up, you can do it. Yumiella's beyond dense, she realised her feelings and was like nah that can't be right. Heck she even thought Patrick got an abusive girlfriend lmao. Patrick has a tough time ahead of him but he's a great guy, he even changed the prince. He seemed like a different guy entirely. What happened to pink hair girl though? Btw I found the info that demon lord will only attack this kingdom interesting, something's up.

He must become level 99... otherwise she will destroy him in passionate moment. She almost broke his arm while the dragon was hatching!!!
Mar 5, 4:07 PM

Sep 2023
Yumiella is good at studying and leveling up but she is really clueless for everything else 😅 Obviously Alicia went to the dungeon by herself to try solo leveling, will Yumiella end up saving her next week?
Mar 5, 4:27 PM
Oct 2014
a guess of mine is Elenora is actually the demon king and she Loured Alicia. I've had suspicions about Elenora there's gints here and there that make it seem like she's up to something. like in today's episode with the necklace
Mar 5, 4:28 PM
Oct 2014
phantomfandom said:
I think Alicia is just trying to solo dungeon by herself. After all, her level is so low it's not even a joke anymore, especially when there's a threat from both demon lord and neighbor kingdom.

I've no comment on the relationship between Patrick and Yumiella.

if u notice at the end her eyes seem glazed over like she's in a trance or under some spell
Mar 5, 4:58 PM
Jul 2020
for everyone wondering whether or not ... Yumiella is REALLY THIS CLUELESS ABOUT EVERYTHING WITH PATRICK
i heard it from someone who already finished the light novel and finished the entire story ....
no worries no spoilers. Yumiella IS INDEED AN AIRHEAD CLUELESS person when it comes to social interactions.. don't forget that her previous life wasn't merely "introverted"
i swear .. Yumiella wouldn't mind getting married "to the concept of leveling up" rather than "acknowledging that someone cares for her"
she's an illogical super power, with ZERO social sense

rather Yumiella's past was straight out ANTI-SOCIAL ... and both are completely different.

Introvert

Being an introvert means your energy levels are depleted quickly from social interaction. While an introvert might also suffer from social anxiety or even be an antisocial person, the “introvert” label doesn’t require it. Introverts can be confident and happy to socialize within their chosen boundaries.

Antisocial

Introvert and antisocial people differ greatly in their willingness to interact with others. Antisocial people are actively unwilling to interact with others. They are often hostile and angry towards other people. Antisocial people, unlike introverts, have no concern for the unwritten rules of social interactions. They are cynical and unempathetic towards others.

Antisocial people will typically prioritize themselves, their work, or their own fun over friends and socializing.
The Differences Between Antisocial and Introvert

1. Energy Drain

Introverts are defined by their loss of energy when they’re interacting with other people. This could be worst in large crowds, or with one on one meetings. It all depends on the person and the intensity of the interaction. In order to replenish their energy, introverts need to be alone or with a small, peaceful group of people they’re close to.

This can be seen as being antisocial because they might leave parties early, or steer clear of big groups socializing altogether. However, these choices have nothing to do with how much they like or even love the people around them, they’re just avoiding mental exhaustion.

Antisocial people have no concept of the energy drain. Their decision to stay way has nothing to do with their energy, and all to do with how little they like being in the company of others. Antisocial people could be extroverts too. Their energy might not be diminished by being around other people, they just don’t enjoy socializing or interacting with them.

2. Care and Concern

By nature, introverts tend to be very empathetic. They care for other people’s feelings deeply. Introverts are often very aware of their own emotions, and this makes them extra perceptive of the emotions of others. They never want to make others feel the kind of discomfort they do at times, so they always make sure to take care of the feelings of the people around them.

Antisocial people differ in that they have little to no care or concern for the feelings of the people around them. They aren’t interested in how their words or actions affect others. Unlike introverts, antisocial people don’t follow the unwritten rules of society or social niceties.

Introverts will usually struggle to admit when they want to leave a gathering or that they don’t have the energy to attend an event. They feel upset and worried that they might hurt someone. Antisocial people will openly admit that they aren’t having fun, or don’t want to go, with no concern for how it might make anyone else feel.

3. Relationships and Connections

Despite plenty of misconceptions, introverts can have plenty of friends and loved ones they’re close to. Many people assume that introverts are shy and reclusive, but this isn’t necessarily the case.

Introverts might be loners, or they might be friendly social people. Introversion is about energy, not the number of friends you have. Introverts are also presumed to be shy and struggle to make new friends. This is, of course, not true. Introverts could happily make new friends, and easily maintain a fun group of old friends.

Antisocial people, on the other hand, don’t choose to make new connections often and likely maintain a very small circle of friends and family. They would rather be alone as often as possible and don’t feel that their lives would be improved with more relationships or connections.

4. Enjoyment Gained

An important difference between people who are antisocial and those who are introverted is how much or how little they enjoy company. Introverts are often shamed for being “boring” and “never want to have any fun”. Admittedly, introverts might choose quieter activities given the choice, but there’s no reason why an introvert can’t enjoy being social.

Introverts can still be party-goers and fun-lovers and enjoy doing things with their friends and the people they love. They might avoid or be apprehensive about talking to large groups of new people, but that’s only down to the impending exhaustion, not an aversion to socializing.

Antisocial people are typically the complete opposite. They genuinely don’t care for socializing or expect to have fun with groups of people. They might have a small circle of friends, but they likely don’t require their presence for excitement or fun.

For too long now, introverts have been mislabelled as antisocial, and it’s just not fair. Introverts can be exciting, adventurous people who like the company of others. They just keep it within their boundaries and protect their energy. If a person is antisocial, then they aren’t protecting themselves, they just don’t care at all. This is the basic difference between antisocial and introvert.

i hope i cleared it out.
Mar 5, 5:12 PM
Apr 2021
LMAO this girl Yumiella is SUCH a dense airhead like she really views everything as platonic😭

So this girl Alicia is controlled by most likely the enemy kingdom or something bc it seems like she’s nowhere near the school or anywhere in the kingdom, my guess is she’ll be saved by Yumiella easily and Alicia will stop being afraid of our dark princess😭
Mar 5, 5:41 PM

Feb 2019
Alicia looks like she is possessed and went off somewhere. Maybe she's heading towards the dungeon Yumiella mentioned to her, but her sudden disappearance has caused quite an uproar amongst her three knights who are the main reason why she ain't even leveling up in the first place.
Mar 5, 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Let me reverse the ship 🤣🤣🤣

Idiot Prince finally went 180 on us?! too fast!
I need to see him first beaten by Yumi... 😤

Aww, Alicia is still scared of Yumi... 🥲
CrazyButNot4UMar 5, 6:14 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 5, 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
Yumiella def getting that love feeling. Growing stronger and stronger by the episode!

PATRICK WEARING THE GROWTH AMULET BECAUSE SHE TOLD HIM TOO!!!!

LET'S GO!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 5, 7:42 PM

Dec 2022
still don't know what the in the hell they were thinking with that godawful CGI dragon lol but apart from that, nice mellow plot progression ep
Mar 5, 11:05 PM
Feb 2024
there is no development for patrick and yumiella... Yumiella is like a straight girl and doesn't know how to interact with Patrick and this makes it easy for Patrick to misunderstand Yumiella's speech at the same time he tries to be what Yumiella wants😂
Mar 6, 12:28 AM
Dec 2019
I like the romantic interplay between Yumiella and Patrick.
Mar 6, 5:32 AM
Apr 2023
I wonder what level Patrick is right now. I'm beginning to think that actually reaching lvl99 is quite impossible for others, and the reasons why Yumiella was able to reach lvl99 other than being extra hardworking is that she was born as the 'hidden last boss' and also since she is an isekaijin (they are usually people with great potentials, etc.). It's also nice that the prince managed to lessen his imbecility and reconciled with Yumiella.
Anyway, maybe Alicia was mind-controlled by a rival country like the one who tried to poach Yumiella
Mar 6, 5:42 AM
Dec 2023
Not sure what to say about this episMH2LQUbdlkode, i mean the episode was not bad, but it was not good too. there was no emotion, no magic, no level up...
Girl Reincarnates With The Ability Of An Overpowered Hidden Boss | Anime Recap
Mar 6, 5:44 AM
Dec 2023
the good thing about this episMH2LQUbdlkode was how Yumiella felt for Patrick. she is starting to understand her feelings for Patrick and the dragon animation sucks. Why are they using 3D animation in an anime?
Mar 6, 7:43 AM

May 2010
I honestly thought Yumiella was ACE, but oh well because I ship them so much! X'D
She's hilariously adorable. 🤭
💕
Mar 6, 8:28 AM
Apr 2022
I have a question to ln reader(don't know how to make discussion topic so I ask here)
is this anime have big difference with the LN?
Mar 7, 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Why cant this show just be about Eleonora and Yumiella?

I dont want the side characters to apologize, I want to keep hating them!

This show lost all spice now. And the romance just has no actual chemistry either..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 7, 7:29 PM

Nov 2009
LOL

Yumi thinking Patrick looks like a "Ikemen" (beautiful hot sexy man)

LOL

Also... Eleanora... so she can only be good at memorization if it involves Edwin...

It's interesting that Yumi is actually trying to hang out more often with Patrick, but she keeps on getting detoured, LOL

But Yumi gets SUS at Patrick and think he's meeting with other girls... HAHAHA

Yumi's starting to get Jelly... soon... she's going to turn this into a certain Yandere school incident...

BTW, Chibi Yumi in Wedding Dress, so cute. I want to grab and squishy squishy her.
amlgMar 7, 7:34 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 9, 2:04 PM
Dec 2023
i know this episoWUJ3qJKAhwIde was not as good as anyone expected but still, we get to see Yumiella's feelings for Patrick!
Mar 10, 4:39 PM

Jun 2020
Yumiella being clueless become my favorite thing
Mar 10, 7:46 PM
Oct 2021
Yumiella’s level might be 99, but her social skills (especially when interacting with Patrick) are still at level 1, lol.
Mar 11, 11:38 PM
Mar 2021
Yumi is the best stoic character next to Mash😂
Mar 12, 5:03 AM
Jul 2020
Anyone knows what exactly happen to alicia at the end of episode? Im still confused
Mar 12, 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
A spy from the Kingdom of Remlest, Linus, meets Yumiella for solicitation, but the kingdom does not get along with Patrick's family. And to make matters worse, the dragon that she acquired recently, Ryu has become a tool to spite war between kingdoms. And her noticing the kingdom's soldiers chasing after him, they both make an escape, though she must make calculated moves...like her road to romance, when it comes to Patrick. Eleonora coming to Yumiella for her help in her exams, she's just not fit for the job, but add the things about Edwin, and suddenly she gets the motivation to be serious for once, with perfection. I swear, she always interrupts the time between Yumiella and Patrick, when the former is always about to enquire about his likings, but at the very least, he is making the effort to be her companion. But Yumiella too...she also has her misunderstandings lols, but assuming that Patrick has a girlfriend, from the dungeon training injuries that he has. Will these two ever get along at all?

Yumiella, still on the love train about the affections of Edwin and Eleonora, she's at least glad that Patrick is kinda open. And Edwin finally having the balls to apologize to her for all the trouble he and the other people had given her, it's all part of society, and the other part, thanks to Patrick for clearing the perceptions about her. As compensation, letting Yumiella participate in the battle against the Demon Lord is a godsend, though his comments about her lights a brutal fire inside of her. The problem now, is to properly power Alicia up, and Yumiella's proposition to bring her to a dungeon, she's just not ready for it.

Alicia's disappearance, though sudden, has everyone scrambling to find her...and by the looks of it, she's deep into manipulation.
Mar 25, 3:46 PM
Jun 2022
Anime is great so far; I love the humor and the obliviousness of Yumiella
Mar 27, 1:09 PM

Aug 2019
now we get some trouble
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 1:47 AM

Sep 2012
let me guess alicia went in the dark dungeon and got herself possessed
Apr 6, 7:02 PM
Oct 2019
cool episode, but it takes too long for what they have to do and how annoying that Alicia doesn't see the MC as cool
Jun 21, 6:15 PM

Feb 2015
Another weak episode.

It's stories like this that give anime a bad reputation. Pure amateur stuff in the writing department from start to finish. Also, the writer for some reason thought the main character very likable. In reality she's barely tolerable. Her humor sucks, she's inconsiderate to an irritating degree, immature despite her advanced age, and her rotten cynicism the cherry on the cake.
Jun 29, 5:12 AM

Mar 2015
The prince really just did a 180. Never expected him to share his mind like that, props to Patrick

More topics from this board

» Isekai Trash

lotus_eater - Oct 11

31 by acidbart »»
Oct 15, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26

101 by dvt »»
Oct 8, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6

68 by Turecki_kebab »»
Aug 23, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12

54 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27

63 by adbeaver »»
Jun 29, 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.