Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2023 8:35 AM

Dec 2021
Now that Goro doesn't have anyone left to turn to, what's he supposed to do?

Goro successfully stops Kyo and Ryo, but pays the price in the form of losing his bodily senses due to the exertion of power. He also severs his relationship with Honoka and the others, becoming a target as an enemy. As only Lall desperately defends, Goro, observing this, confronts the wishes of the god candidates he has fought alongside so far, and faces his own past. In the midst of it all, he rediscovers his "true wish" that he had long forgotten.

Honoka changed a lot after losing her memories. Lall was a real one, sticking with Goro until the end. Akitsu, despite the playful vibe, was genuinely sweet and kind. It's sad that Akitsu couldn't stay in the running; those tears hurt. Goro's life was tough all the way to the end, even becoming the final challenge for his 'friends' to face.

To be honest, this show let me down on so many levels. I was really hoping for something great, especially because Yoko Taro, the genius behind the story, was involved. But sadly, the story just didn't live up to expectations in many ways.

On the bright side, though, I've got to give credit to the soundtrack – the ED and the OSTs are absolute jams.

And a Season 2(?) announced. Yay...

https://twitter.com/kamierabi_PR/status/1737511678634271184

Dec 20, 2023 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Goro returning back to Japan where nobody knows him, and this is the same for the rest involved who knew him. But to kill Goro is Sawa's only choice, which Lall stops her from doing so. Goro's flashback to the moments of his life, from family to school and even close friends like Akitsu, what's his true wish really like?

The others all wanting to have their wishes fulfilled and become God, Lall's reason was different, that Goro entrusted her wish to be fulfilled, and paid the price in the process of existential crisis. To that extent, Goro as God, turns people into phones, but not Ryo as she tries to resist Goro's Godly self, leaving Iyo to stare in blank space. Also, with Keita being transported to the South pole, the lies can't be stopped now...which is put for all to see.

It's a rather solemn and cliffhanger-worthy "finale" episode before the continuation with Season 2 in 2024, what does the unpredictable mind of Yoko Taro truly have for us in the 2nd half?
https://twitter.com/kamierabi_PR/status/1737511678634271184
KANLen09Dec 20, 2023 12:08 PM
Dec 20, 2023 11:06 AM
Sep 2015
This episode's trying to be deep and profounding but provide no clear answer. Maybe there'll actually be something on season 2.
Dec 20, 2023 11:37 AM
May 2022
Is it just me or does that politician at the end look a bit like Goro????
Dec 20, 2023 11:44 AM
Dec 2022
well, I saw this coming but at least we're getting a season 2.
Dec 20, 2023 12:00 PM

Jan 2020
This was beautiful
Dec 20, 2023 12:10 PM
Jul 2020
I wish there isn't a sequel!! Nobody needs this anime
Dec 20, 2023 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Roberto_otreboR
I wish there isn't a sequel!! Nobody needs this anime
@Roberto_otreboR I'll be that guy and say that I unironically need it, mostly to deny your absolute statement lol
Dec 20, 2023 2:28 PM
Oct 2017
Any idea of what is the title of the insert song in this episode?
Dec 20, 2023 3:58 PM

Mar 2019
Boring as hell lol.
Dec 20, 2023 4:01 PM
Jan 2023
at first I wasn't too sure about this anime but as the episodes kept coming I became more and more interested and invested in this anime can't wait for season 2
Dec 20, 2023 4:10 PM

Apr 2009
I watch this episode and was like: What? as there was no Season 2 announced ad the end.

Do happy to learn a season 2 is coming as I have many questions after this:
, What's the importance of the Cat scene and
Dec 20, 2023 11:00 PM
Nov 2018
Spyder95 said:
at first I wasn't too sure about this anime but as the episodes kept coming I became more and more interested and invested in this anime can't wait for season 2

Same. I actually like the finale. Can't wait for second season.
Dec 21, 2023 5:57 AM
Apr 2021
for me it rly went sown from 15:45 on.
like i understand what happened but it didn't make much sense, it left so many questions and the writting was so wobbly.
i wont hate on it cause there will be a s2, then ill see what explanations they come up with but this ending was preety disappointing
Dec 21, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2023
What an ending, last 3 episodes were like watching a whole different show. Perhaps I'm too generous with my rating but overall I did enjoy the series, 7/10.
I never saw that Lall plot twist coming at all. Also Ryo denying Goro's power/will was amazing. Expectations are high (personally) for S2, hopefully they can deliver.
Dec 21, 2023 8:47 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was confusing.

Okay so Lal is Goro's unborn half sister I guess?

I dont understand what is happening with Goro either. Was that him even or actually god?

And why is everyone acting surprised about the cell phone internals ?

I hope second season comes soon. This needs a conclusion and some better explaining. This show started off really mediocre and actually got interesting at some point.
Dec 21, 2023 12:59 PM

Nov 2009
Anyone know what the song was playing in the background half way through with Goro going through peoples wishes and his own?
Dec 21, 2023 2:36 PM
Jan 2023
I really hope the season 2 will be better. There is a lot to unpack after a cliffhanger like that.
Dec 23, 2023 3:07 AM

Jul 2020
I think it was pretty good. There are plenty of worse shows in this season. Season 2 announcement came as a surprise ngl but I'd glad there's gonna be one.
Dec 26, 2023 8:35 PM

Nov 2022
So, it seems like Lall was going to be aborted by Goro's mom because Goro recalled that his parents didn't want him. Then he made a wish: "May They Be Born Happily." Lall also mentioned "My Fate was never to be born". In a nutshell, Lall is Goro's unborn sibling, born with half of Goro's power ig.
Dec 29, 2023 9:20 AM
Sep 2022
This anime is super underrated.

100% convinced that most people on MAL have a hate-boner bias against 3D/CGI animation.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Dec 30, 2023 9:12 AM
Oct 2023
Really liked where the show went in the second half and cant wait for the second season, I feel like it can get really crazy as the story progresses. Its seriously underrated by the MAL score.
Jan 1, 11:13 AM
Jan 2014
Reply to artemisthemp
I watch this episode and was like: What? as there was no Season 2 announced ad the end.

Do happy to learn a season 2 is coming as I have many questions after this:
, What's the importance of the Cat scene and
Well, this episode would have lowered the entire show like 5 points in my evaluation had I not heard S2 is happening, because it's a good end of season cliff hanger, leaving us with big questions, but would have absolutely sucked as a series finale...

@artemisthemp
artemisthemp said:
the Cat scene

Since they mentioned Schrödinger's, it could be Kyou and Ryou being dealt with, as parallel universes are one interpretation of Quantum Mechanics to make some sense of the thought experiment, with the cat being dead representing all alternative timelines are now gone (which, if Kyou and Ryou are really gone, is kind of the case since we don't have anyone else capable of messing with timelines (R.I.P. our boy Akitsu).

Unless Goro's power also creates timelines, which, in a sense, with the many world interpretations it would, but as how it's been shown so far it's not timeline hopping shenanigans, he just rewrites reality (could possibly also be why his power manifested as a book at first)

As for the other two questions, my first thought was his father, for some reason. To the second question... uh... Season 2 threads would be my guess
Jan 3, 9:19 AM

Jan 2011
What a way to end it! I want more! This isn't a deathgame any more but a battle of ideologies. also damn Mitsuko really fucked Keita

8 out of 10

Very underrated show and while complex for a final episode it's clear what is going on here. Everyone was being suck back into their phones as Goro was legit going to grant everyone's wish. Also from what I am gather Lall is basically that dead cat Goro saw in episode 1. He wish to give her second chance at life basically. That is what she means in her death speech.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 5, 9:03 PM
Oct 2014
traed said:
This episode was confusing.

Okay so Lal is Goro's unborn half sister I guess?

I dont understand what is happening with Goro either. Was that him even or actually god?

And why is everyone acting surprised about the cell phone internals ?

I hope second season comes soon. This needs a conclusion and some better explaining. This show started off really mediocre and actually got interesting at some point.

that's what I was thinking about Lal at that scene as well
Feb 18, 2:28 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well I don't understand with the ending, probably will have another season but with this rate I feel it kind of impossible
Feb 25, 5:28 AM
Jun 2021
a true gorgeous eye-candy type work with CGI which I could predict many people would hate it.
but on the other side, this is the best and most beautiful CGI anime so far.
Oct 3, 10:44 AM

May 2019
i forgot some of the characters and vaguely some of the plot .
sadly the wiki is lacking in everything.
the new character at the end and the name LALL in their name and i dont remember the blue hair main character had a sister. wasn't LALL the weird flying thing with the main character .
what do you think?

More topics from this board

» Season 2 Announced

KANLen09 - Dec 20, 2023

8 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 11, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kamierabi Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 22, 2023

14 by EnaJane »»
Jan 4, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Kamierabi Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 13, 2023

9 by MasterHavik »»
Jan 3, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Kamierabi Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 6, 2023

7 by MasterHavik »»
Jan 3, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Kamierabi Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 29, 2023

10 by MasterHavik »»
Jan 3, 3:34 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.