Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, this episode feels...idk lacking? There's usually a lot of popcorn entertainment in this show but this one took on a more moody tone and plus, fortune telling has been a somewhat overused trope.

On the other hand, Polka shows his cleverness again and it seems we do get more story lore. 
Jun 5, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2021
‎I love it when they play the ED while something is happening on screen.
The twist at the end is interesting, but I think it's just that someone else from his world came into ours and introduced the symbol and not this actually being in the far future.
Exciting episode.
Jun 5, 2023 9:25 AM

Jun 2021
I was waiting the whole episode just to see that emblem of fallen empire and Polka's reaction animated.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Jun 5, 2023 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Hang on, so you telling me there is another not-isekai this season? What the heck is going on?! 
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 5, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2015
I said "I can't wait for the next week" in every episode and this episode is no different, I really can't wait!
Jun 5, 2023 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
Woah, kind of a slow episode until that ending reveal but man what a bombshell. So it’s not an isekai but time travel??

Should’ve known that “a similar emblem was used by a knight order in Europe” quote wasn’t for nothing. This really changes a lot with this series. Would have personally liked to have stayed with the reversed isekai theme, but now that we know this, what happened to the empire? A lot of mysteries I’m looking forward to getting explained
Jun 5, 2023 9:51 AM

Dec 2020
This is was not ao much happening in this episode only that polka now sees a lo t of zeppelin with a emblem of his world that makes it really interesting.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 5, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
I was not ready for that, the suspense is quite good.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 5, 2023 10:12 AM
Oct 2016
That fortune telling revealed more than anticipated. I thought it would be a simple messing around with Iwanome but things took a dramatic turn. We received a lot of new information in this episode. Biggest news to me being that the spirit of the man inhabiting that mechanical pencil used to be an Internal Affairs officer. Very interesting having a former cop who hunted dirty cops working with Polka. We've definitely seen the personality of the mechanical pencil but not it makes even more sense. Also that he knew both Clarissa and Iwanome when he was alive. Its kind of sad that Iwanome still holds out hope that he's alive when we know he's been dead for years at this point. More big information as this mysterious symbol the mechanical pencil drew and gave to Iwanome years ago is tying back in. Polka saying something about it being a signpost for everyone. The Phantom Solitaire investigating it himself trying to see what it means. Visiting that crazy dude in the tricked out prison cell to get more information. Phantom Solitaire is a very funny character when he's on screen. His next act of displaying this symbol all over Shinjuku will be interesting. Polka recognizing that symbol from his world as another example of crossover between his old world and ours.
Jun 5, 2023 10:22 AM
Mar 2015
Some things follow you into your new life Some people cannot stop talking even after they are dead
Jun 5, 2023 10:42 AM

Jul 2014
oo I guess the corpse god wont be left alone in this world and live peacefully. In matter fact I wonder how that blonde cop knows about this sign
Jun 5, 2023 10:54 AM

Dec 2022
the grocer is an intriguing character also im awfully curious about the symbol and im quite impatient so anyone who knows about the symbol would you care to elaborate of course i dont mind spoilers
Jun 5, 2023 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
That was 100% squeepig skin without a doubt. its coming!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 5, 2023 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
Detectives Tsubaki and Arase come to Clarissa's place to have their fortunes told and want a best way to deal with the supernatural. But the information being that Polka is fed information from Takumi on the fly, it's accurate to the degree, even towards his past injury. But what it writes on that piece of paper triggers him, because it's his past interactions with the Fire-Breathing Bug's symbol, as a signpost and a one-way ticket to death. Not as Pola but the Corpse God, he's a troublemaker of all things lols. Arase gets suspicious of why his colleague freaked out, and having Xiaoyu tail them to find out more, it's for intel. And the Phantom Solitaire Ten'a Sorimura has struck again from the Fire-Breathing Bug doing its work.

Indeed, the Fire-Breathing Bug's signpost is the talk of the town, it's only people like Clarissa who knows of this, even yet that Polka didn't mamage to get a good look at it as well. The next lead is the disappearance of Private Inspector boss Hosorogi, foudn deep within Shinjuku, though both Tsubaki and Clarissa have reservations on Polka for his wealth and everything else. The writing pen being Hosorogi,'s soul, Polka is indebted to it. The Phantom Solitaire going to see the Grocer to buy information about the signpost mark, the latter a powerful criminal based on business acumen, and doesn't like to waste time, which Ten'a Sorimura is doing so with him. But with limited resources, the symbol can only be known as a free sample...or more depending on "circumstances" of the clientele involved.

With the sky full of blimps with the aforementioned symbol, it's the Corpse God's old world emblem of a fallen Empire...which means only one thing: bringing the past into the future, which will NOT be good...
Jun 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Jun 2015
lets go..!!!!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 5, 2023 11:48 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode, polynomials.
Jun 5, 2023 1:26 PM

Dec 2018
this show continues to interest me ever more.
Jun 5, 2023 2:04 PM
Jul 2014
As always pretty lacking and no direction at all lol

Entirety of the grocer scene was sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad lmao, so freaking long, nothing was said.

Polka and the group is still in the same freaking room, doing nothing.

How do people get excited about just useless characters and plot/discussion that actually don't move the plot or challenge someone else. Everything is meant to advance something or challenge someone else's talk, but there some characters just state the obvious so that WE know.
TigreDemonJun 5, 2023 2:20 PM
Jun 5, 2023 2:22 PM

Apr 2011
As always pretty incredible direction. Without spelling everything out or filling episode with  lot action, it managed move plot forward to huge degree.
GingZ said:
oo I guess the corpse god wont be left alone in this world and live peacefully. In matter fact I wonder how that blonde cop knows about this sign
Hosorogi showed him that sign before he died.
Tenzen12Jun 5, 2023 2:31 PM
Jun 5, 2023 2:42 PM

Jan 2022
Holy fucking shit, that cliffhanger that revealed a major plot twist in the end, this episode really encapsulated the mystery vibes of the anime, with multiple layers of parties being part of it, police, polka gang, polka family, the traitor ninja from the family, etc (xd). It kept me very interested trouhough, with all of the revelation about the police man and the pen who is actually a colleague of him, until the last moment when we get revealed that Corpse God knows this sigil (kinda) from his world, we're now in one of those fake-isekai lol. Very excited to know what will happens next, only 3 episodes left of this, which is mostly a prologue so something very epic that will happens in part 2 I guess, that's my dime.
I like everything, ok
Jun 5, 2023 2:49 PM

Jun 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Woah, kind of a slow episode until that ending reveal but man what a bombshell. So it’s not an isekai but time travel??

Should’ve known that “a similar emblem was used by a knight order in Europe” quote wasn’t for nothing. This really changes a lot with this series. Would have personally liked to have stayed with the reversed isekai theme, but now that we know this, what happened to the empire? A lot of mysteries I’m looking forward to getting explained

Is it really about time travel cause that thought did not cross my mind at all. I thought he definitely got reincarnated and that there may be others like him.
Jun 5, 2023 4:21 PM

Jun 2021
Zaxphred said:
the grocer is an intriguing character also im awfully curious about the symbol and im quite impatient so anyone who knows about the symbol would you care to elaborate of course i dont mind spoilers

Jun 5, 2023 4:53 PM

May 2019
This was probably my favorite episode for this series so far. It seems that things are slowly starting to tie in together, with the blonde haired cop, the pen writer, the Corpse God, and heck even the Phantom Solitaire implicating himself with the mysterious symbol (oh and of course the Fire-Breathing Bug too).

Looking at this anime's theme, it is not listed as a isekai, so perhaps this is more akin to time traveling as another poster mentioned (and/or maybe someone else got reincarnated besides the Corpse God to the current timeline).
Jun 5, 2023 5:15 PM

Sep 2014
That ending reveal was wild.
Jun 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Mar 2007
Wow Misaki's outfit! And Clarissa stuff is just huge. Everything is on display!

Polka and the fortune telling ending with Creepy Pen! Ewww!

What does the symbol actually mean? It kind of sort of vaguely resembles a logo from his past world, does that mean there are other past world people in this world too??

The plot thickens!
Jun 5, 2023 9:39 PM

Feb 2021
That means someone else is reincarnate too in that world :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 5, 2023 11:29 PM
Apr 2023
The clue, being the coat-of-arms Polka remembers can mean two things:

1) This is not a reverse-isekai story, it's more like a time-skip reincarnation and other beings from the Corpse God's civilization either managed to outlive the said civilization or reincarnated in the future as he did

2) Other beings from the Corpse God's world, especially from the fallen empire managed to transport themselves to our world and set their bases here as well. They might have been sent by the hero that the Corpse God fought against since they basically have the same power

Getting to see KamiKatsu, I always thought the story is more like a timeskip. Given that all his concept of magic is still working in the new world he is now in. But that might just be me not wanting this to be another isekai even if it is presented as a reverse-isekai. Also maybe because this isn't tagged as an isekai made me think that way.
Jun 6, 2023 1:39 AM

Dec 2022
HaylenGrey said:
Zaxphred said:

someone already message me about this so i know 
Jun 6, 2023 2:27 AM
Sep 2021
A lot of mysteries were shown this time and it also relates to the corpse god as well.
Jun 6, 2023 2:36 AM
Mar 2019
So the Corpse God might not be alone. The plot thickens...
Jun 6, 2023 2:57 AM

May 2014
Lots of mysteries going on. I might have to read the manga sometime.

That prisoner guy having a shop stall set up outside the cell is still hilarious to me.
Jun 6, 2023 5:41 AM
Dec 2020
 For animeonlys who don't mind spoilers about that symbol's existence...

Jun 6, 2023 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
The symbol's from his og world? Does this mean other people reincarnated here too or this is just in the future in same world? Also Hosorogi knew the police guy and Lisa too.
Jun 6, 2023 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
Not enough Misaki.

Other than that another great episode. A bit slower, but that ending part went really good. Using already cool ED music there was great idea too.
Jun 6, 2023 4:58 PM

May 2018
let's go, more of the OG world lore next :3
Jun 6, 2023 5:10 PM
Dec 2021
As said:
TigreDemon
you don't understand then it, since the I thought this was a great episode with its slow pacing this time and this episode is starting to tie in alot of mysteries so it was also an interesting episode
Jun 6, 2023 11:08 PM

Jun 2021
A lot of people are saying the pacing was slow but i think it did a good job at covering the last 3 chapters of Volume 3 while giving that cliffhanger the proper spotlight.

As a manga reader, I’ve thought the pacing throughout the ending show was a major strong point
Jun 7, 2023 3:13 AM

Oct 2022
Wait.. did some other people also got reincarnated from his previous world to a new one ?
Jun 7, 2023 6:34 PM

Nov 2009
WAIT WAIT WAIT...

is this going to become another "You thought it was an Isekai, but in fact it's just a time travel"...

LOL

___ ___ ___

That or people from the MC's world also Isekai to Earth long ago way before MC's Isekai.

___ ___ ___

This could sorta make sense why some ppls are superhuman... cause we all know Isekai travelers always comes with stronger power than the people living in the Isekai world.

amlgJun 7, 2023 6:37 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 8, 2023 12:07 AM
May 2017
90% of this episode was me wondering wtf they were talking about but that last bit uncovered a major plot twist. This isn't a reverse isekai, it's a time leap. Or maybe Corpse God's nemesis followed him to this world? No matter which one, mind is blown regardless.

But so far it still feels like the anime is all over the place, I wonder when the plot will tighten up. We're 9 episodes in and things have barely progressed from an overarching perspective.
Quanda1eDing1eJun 8, 2023 12:12 AM
Jun 8, 2023 9:42 AM
May 2021
Something big is cooking 🔥, that twist at end 👌🏻👌🏻
Jun 9, 2023 2:13 AM
Jul 2016
I noticed that Corpse God said the same line about the signpost as Hosoroya in the flashback, more reason to suspect that they were a reincarnated imperial who then got killed and got part of their skin with the tattoo cut off.
Jun 9, 2023 2:51 AM
Aug 2021
TigreDemon said:
As always pretty lacking and no direction at all lol

Entirety of the grocer scene was sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad lmao, so freaking long, nothing was said.

Polka and the group is still in the same freaking room, doing nothing.

How do people get excited about just useless characters and plot/discussion that actually don't move the plot or challenge someone else. Everything is meant to advance something or challenge someone else's talk, but there some characters just state the obvious so that WE know.

Plenty of directions everything that was shown and said was a set up, in order to advance the plot. You might be watching with you’re eyes closed. But the show is really well done and well paced. Might not be your show so you should probs drop it and move on cuz it’s not bad.
Jun 9, 2023 2:12 PM
Jul 2020
Hey guys, can somebody explain me why Hosorigi sounds like a woman. In my head I thought he was an old tough guy but with that voice he sounds more feminine. Maybe he isn't male? 🤔
Jun 10, 2023 7:34 AM

Apr 2011
LordSaliak said:
Hey guys, can somebody explain me why Hosorigi sounds like a woman. In my head I thought he was an old tough guy but with that voice he sounds more feminine. Maybe he isn't male? 🤔
Probably because Hosorogi is woman? I mean their gender is nowhere confirmed, but what we do know is:
Jun 11, 2023 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
Ah so there definately is some others from that other world. Figured that would come up. Love seeing that Phantom Solitaire, he's such a fun attention whoring goofball lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jun 12, 2023 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
I'm really excited about Solitaire meeting Polka.
Jun 13, 2023 11:44 PM
Apr 2021
When the ending song played at the end of the episode I got goosebumps what is a symbol from the old world doing in the modern world?🤨🤨🤨🤨
Jun 14, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Bruh that security guard has gone down a rabbit hole lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 14, 2023 2:43 PM
Nov 2021
Rapaz... Eu não estava esperando o Polka conhecer esse símbolo. Mas até que faz sentido se houver outros como ele nesse mundo.

E os policiais conversando com o Polka costuma ser bem tensas as cenas. Gostei dessa interação nesse ep.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

176 by fenderis »»
Sep 9, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

105 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jun 19, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.