Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like a more chill episode than usual and has some history with more lore and storytelling than usual.

On the other hand, it seems this episode had an ominous buildup to it. One of the weaker episodes of this anime imo.
Dec 9, 2022 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM
Sep 2015
The cliffhanger!
Dec 9, 2022 12:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The dream part had a really weird ambiance to be honest
Dec 10, 2022 7:40 AM

Jan 2009
Didn't like the execution, to be honest, but what you see in Fluorite is supposed to give you an insight on Sandra's motives, Florina is a simple minded kuzuishi who got promoted to the Clarius rank, completely foreign to the internal political struggles the Jumi were facing at the time, but the things she sees while occupying the Clarius throne start to weight on her conscience, but you have to understand the fact she is just a kuzuishi at heart, she has no reason to believe any of this is wrong, it is just her duty and what must be done for the sake of preserving the race, country, motherland, all those values is the only thing she has ever known.

The war against the Deathbringer army was most likely just a pretense for more Mana coveting, and the lower ranks were simply told to obey and .. not get hit? I guess? because by the time the tearstones started to become scarce because of the global Mana shortage the unjust aspects of Jumi as a society became much worse, seeing as all of the guardians that could cry were just "reserved" for the noble and powerful members of the Clarius, while the rest were just there to obey orders without questioning, this is what drove Sandra and many others away from the citadel to try and find another way .. mostly ending up in failure.

Diana in reality was never this kind, compassionate leader, she was implacable and rigid. This dream sequence Diana is extremely out of character for me, and the fact her real world counterpart didn't take pity on the young Jumi at the end is weird too, because in the game it was like the last semblance that there was at least one small drop of kindness in Diana's heart, like you have to look for it really hard, but it is there, and that's what made you regret her death, because seconds before her life ended, she just wanted to have Florina back because "children needed healing" not because she was the leader of the Jumi or anything of the sort, you got see Diana abdicated of her invested authority and just humbly do something for innocent children who were hurt.

Also, "Only a light can hide another light" goddamit that line is missing.

And seeing that MC is just fixated on Elazul, my guess is that the end will be Elazul's path. Which is a shame, because I like Blackpearl's ending more.

Sorry to say this is turning into a bit of a disappoitment for me. Not just plain bad, it's just not what I would have liked to see highlighted from the questline.
DrMondaiNashiDec 10, 2022 7:43 AM
Dec 10, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2020
omg Shiloh is such a retard, I hate this whole show because of him. How many Jumi lives has his stupidity already cost..?
Dec 10, 2022 1:41 PM
Dec 2013
DrMondaiNashi said:
Didn't like the execution, to be honest, but what you see in Fluorite is supposed to give you an insight on Sandra's motives, Florina is a simple minded kuzuishi who got promoted to the Clarius rank, completely foreign to the internal political struggles the Jumi were facing at the time, but the things she sees while occupying the Clarius throne start to weight on her conscience, but you have to understand the fact she is just a kuzuishi at heart, she has no reason to believe any of this is wrong, it is just her duty and what must be done for the sake of preserving the race, country, motherland, all those values is the only thing she has ever known.

The war against the Deathbringer army was most likely just a pretense for more Mana coveting, and the lower ranks were simply told to obey and .. not get hit? I guess? because by the time the tearstones started to become scarce because of the global Mana shortage the unjust aspects of Jumi as a society became much worse, seeing as all of the guardians that could cry were just "reserved" for the noble and powerful members of the Clarius, while the rest were just there to obey orders without questioning, this is what drove Sandra and many others away from the citadel to try and find another way .. mostly ending up in failure.

Diana in reality was never this kind, compassionate leader, she was implacable and rigid. This dream sequence Diana is extremely out of character for me, and the fact her real world counterpart didn't take pity on the young Jumi at the end is weird too, because in the game it was like the last semblance that there was at least one small drop of kindness in Diana's heart, like you have to look for it really hard, but it is there, and that's what made you regret her death, because seconds before her life ended, she just wanted to have Florina back because "children needed healing" not because she was the leader of the Jumi or anything of the sort, you got see Diana abdicated of her invested authority and just humbly do something for innocent children who were hurt.

And seeing that MC is just fixated on Elazul, my guess is that the end will be Elazul's path. Which is a shame, because I like Blackpearl's ending more.

Sorry to say this is turning into a bit of a disappoitment for me. Not just plain bad, it's just not what I would have liked to see highlighted from the questline.

Exactly this. I was so disappointed with the way they adapted the dream sequence. Idk why they didn't just adapt it the way it was originally. In the game Florina's nightmares were much more believable because they were based on actual events and stuck true to all the characters involved. You got to know more about the relationship between Florina, Sandra, Elazul and Black Pearl, and the struggle between them wasn't JUST a nightmare, it was also real. Meanwhile in this episode it was like "Hey let's have Florina's nightmare's be about characters being COMPLETELY out of character and Shiloh saying 1 liners to make them go back into character again." Thus making it seem like Florina's nightmares are just small pointless worries.
Dec 11, 2022 3:27 PM

Nov 2010
TertyBerby said:
DrMondaiNashi said:

Exactly this. I was so disappointed with the way they adapted the dream sequence. Idk why they didn't just adapt it the way it was originally. In the game Florina's nightmares were much more believable because they were based on actual events and stuck true to all the characters involved. You got to know more about the relationship between Florina, Sandra, Elazul and Black Pearl, and the struggle between them wasn't JUST a nightmare, it was also real. Meanwhile in this episode it was like "Hey let's have Florina's nightmare's be about characters being COMPLETELY out of character and Shiloh saying 1 liners to make them go back into character again." Thus making it seem like Florina's nightmares are just small pointless worries.

I agree with both of you, I was pretty disappointed in this episode. I didn't remember everything from the game so I saw a let's play after finishing the episode to refresh my mind. I didn't like that they made such drastic changes in this episode, they omitted the part where Pearl was searching for Diana's key of heart and the part with Sandra just walking in the room was plain stupid lol but it wasn't more stupid than Seraphina's blocking Shiloh from saving Diana (ok she just stood there then he couldn't do anything ??).

The whole Florina's dreams part was weird (it looked like it was the dead jumi that were possessing Florina's dream instead of visions of the past) and Belle's voice acting was annoying. But I liked that they showed Deathbringer (but I thought that the skeleton form was Deathbringer's form after he died and was controlled by Jajara? I think that he has a human form). And the episode was really rushed, I didn't liked how they squeezed two quests in one episode.

I liked the anime better when they were following closely the game because that was what I was expecting, just copy the game story. But they are ruining the anime for me with these alterations D: Also they're probably rush the ending too.
Dec 12, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2009
I just want to ship Shiloh and Seraphina but they're both so stupid, it's making this very hard!
Dec 15, 2022 10:02 AM
Oct 2019
Let's go Shiloh Talk no Jutsu!!

Maybe just maybe, Sandra was the good person here.
Dec 23, 2022 8:14 PM

Aug 2014
Why florina is trapped there tho
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 25, 2022 5:20 AM

Jul 2015
Florina's nightmares were bit weird but good to see Shiloh making himself useful by slapping some sense into the Jumi.

Jan 2, 2023 5:48 AM

Feb 2021
Finally, Shiloh are useful this time.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 27, 2023 5:19 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah who would've thought that Seraphina would betray you, Shiloh... except everyone.
Apr 28, 9:24 AM
Mar 2021
C'est de pire en pire

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 14, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.