Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2022 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Dealing with the a thief and the sinking of a ship....well, the plot thickens.

While I didn't feel that much about the mystique of the suspense, it still gave a JRPG-ish feeling with the storytelling. It's also not everyday you get to see a walking, talking fish roaming around.
Oct 28, 2022 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 28, 2022 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
The world in this anime is amazing, though there's s just too few people, but it's common in JRPG. Few people, but everyone is recognizable.
Oct 28, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
Sappho was a princess.

Sandra is too powerful, she got more clothes than before revealing herself.

I have my doubts about Boyd efficiency as detective. The criminal was right there. And Shiloh was having his butt kicked. And Boyd just watched.
Oct 28, 2022 12:08 PM
Jul 2015
It's getting boring with every new episode. Shiloh is just no match for Sandra, the Detective is just baggage and the fighting scenes are clumsy and slow. If this goes for more than 12 episodes I will drop it.
Oct 28, 2022 1:04 PM
Jul 2011
I don't really care about any of the characters until now, I will pobably give up this anime
My candies:
Oct 28, 2022 2:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another Jumi case where Sappho gave his jewel to the fish guy that saved him which was actually pretty cool since the fish was better than expect but of course Sandra had to come and almost kill MC if the other girl from the previous episode didn't save him, now the detective wants MC to get out of the Jumi's case but he might go investigate with the other girl I believe. Still liking the show for its atmosphere but this arc is somewhat confusing for its purpose so far.
Oct 28, 2022 2:48 PM

Mar 2021
"You're the guy from earlier." "So you must be Basket Fish," says the detective, just piecing together the fact that the fish wearing a basket they had interacted with earlier was the same Basket Fish they heard about. Not sure why I found that so funny.
Oct 28, 2022 5:25 PM

Nov 2010

We finally managed to see Sandra in action, I loved it! Also everyone fits with their voicing roles so well, love to see Reavanshe and Basket Fish (they achieved to make him even more ridiculous when he is a fish fishing LOL), Flameshe (the mermaid) and Elle (the siren). I just miss Gilbert (he is a centaur) and Monique (another siren) they (Gilbert, Monique, Elle, Flameshe) are all related to another story which I wanted to see in the anime. Inspector Boyd is useless as ever and Sandra manages to scape, nothing new here, I love it.

Also they finally showed some new scenes to expand the story of the game, 10/10 I just thought the it was weird that they didn't want to show Thoma's face (dunno if they don't want to ruin his character design).

BlichoBoy said:
Sappho was a princess.

Sandra is too powerful, she got more clothes than before revealing herself.

I have my doubts about Boyd efficiency as detective. The criminal was right there. And Shiloh was having his butt kicked. And Boyd just watched.

He is useless, he is always a step behind the criminal (it's like pokemon where your rival is always a step ahead of you lol).
Oct 29, 2022 1:59 AM
Oct 2019
Oh boy i remember this rude basket fish when i played the game.
Also ridiculous with those legs lol

Damn Sandra kinda THICC 😏
Shiloh catch another L lol
I'm glad they didn't changed in the Anime, Sandra always got away.

I feel like people who hate on how weak Shiloh just so used to having Isekai Overpowered Protagonist.

At this point i feel like people who enjoying this Anime must be because of Nostalgia, like myself as well.
I don't think it will appealing to people who didn't growing up playing the game.
Oct 29, 2022 2:07 PM
Jun 2013
Been excited for this anime and so far I enjoy it, but that's mostly since it's a nostalgia vibe and nothing more. However, even with that, I can see why this anime isn't doing so hot on MAL ratings. It's very faithful to the game, sure, but it has so many scenes of just.. standing still and talk to people.

The action is pretty badly animated so far, and unless we get some added spice to the story thus far more than Shiloh always failing to catch up to Sandra, not many people will attempt to watch this adaptation. I personally love it, but it's also easy to see why it will fall short, mainly because most viewers haven't even played the game, but also because the anime just assumes you know the plot and characters already.

Will keep watching like the Mana fan I am, but I hope they step up their game soon.
Oct 29, 2022 2:20 PM

Feb 2021
Another great episode! It feels like I am actually playing the game, but it is not boring at all! I hope there will be 20+ episodes!
Oct 29, 2022 6:45 PM

Jan 2010
It's interesting that the anime gave a backstory to how Basket Fish got the Jumi gem. This wasn't in the video game at all. Added some more emotional weight. In the video game, there's just the quest where Sandra steals the Jumi gem from Basket Fish like how it happens in this episode. And yes, the incompetence of Inspector Boyd is still faithful to the anime. The mc doesn't fight Sandra in the game though. I think what happens is that she makes you fight this boss, that you have to fight over and over again in the game.

But since the anime is adding the second protag to the game, the story is gonna play out a bit different in the anime. Because in the video game, you choose to play between the male or female mc. Shiloh is the male mc, Seraphina, the female mc. There aren't both in the game
Oct 30, 2022 1:24 AM

Aug 2014
Sandra is so cunning, she slip away again this time!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 30, 2022 3:12 AM

Feb 2021
giveup-the-ghost said:
It's interesting that the anime gave a backstory to how Basket Fish got the Jumi gem. This wasn't in the video game at all. Added some more emotional weight. In the video game, there's just the quest where Sandra steals the Jumi gem from Basket Fish like how it happens in this episode. And yes, the incompetence of Inspector Boyd is still faithful to the anime. The mc doesn't fight Sandra in the game though. I think what happens is that she makes you fight this boss, that you have to fight over and over again in the game.

But since the anime is adding the second protag to the game, the story is gonna play out a bit different in the anime. Because in the video game, you choose to play between the male or female mc. Shiloh is the male mc, Seraphina, the female mc. There aren't both in the game

Let's hope that there will be more than 13 episodes. I also like this series so much!
Oct 30, 2022 11:04 PM

Mar 2015
I wasn't expecting this ep especially Elle and Flameshe showing up. Loved it all. They did a good job giving back story on the Drowned Dreams event.
Nov 18, 2022 9:44 PM

Jun 2013
giveup-the-ghost said:

I had just recently played through the game in its entirety, so I'm seeing various things that were and weren't in the game in the anime, and noticing some things that changed. One thing that was changed in this ep was when Sandra stole the gem from Basket Fish. In the game, Sandra wasn't disguised as the dancer, but as Inspector Boyd himself and just kinda snuck off with the gem without drawing attention until the real Boyd showed up.
Dec 25, 2022 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
Losing a good friend is sad but no excuse for Basket fish to act like such a snobby douchebag especially since he was such a friendly good guy in the past.

Jan 1, 2023 10:47 PM

Feb 2021
That Sandra is working on everywhere XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 22, 2023 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
I was wondering why Sandra even tries to be sneaky if she can just kick everyone's asses anyway.
Apr 14, 9:27 AM
Mar 2021
Cet animé est vraiment d'un ennui phénoménal

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.