Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2022 4:35 AM

Apr 2014
F Baseball

This episode is full of Mei and Shiki yuri-ness. Give us mei with megane. We need to see her megane Mei. Mei is a real idol fanclub. Look at her room, it is an ideal room for an idol lover.

Happy Birthday! Oninatsu!
AkeZZZAug 7, 2022 4:44 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 7, 2022 5:05 AM

Feb 2020
Shiki and Mei getting more screen time. Awesome. They look so cute together. <3 I liked their backstory.

Mei is such a tsundere. :P

Lol at this scene.

SerafosDec 26, 2023 1:05 PM
Aug 7, 2022 6:28 AM

Jul 2011
Keke looking at Mei collection: "Finally! A Worthy Opponent! Our Battle Will Be Legendary!".

Nice expressions of everyone.

All that talk about about being friends. That ain't friends, they are girlfriends!

That 50s rock song, was perfect.
Aug 7, 2022 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
I legitimately think Shiki & Mei are great additions to the whole franchise. To me, they're the characters that feel most genuinely like they grew up as "misfits" in society (esp. Shiki), and I think they round out the personality set in Liella nicely.

Sure, girls like Rin, Hanayo, and many more have certain insecurities, but it's not like they grew up withdrawn and isolated prior to finding their niche (school idols). While an argument could be made for Rina as a "misfit," her backstory - at least in the anime - focused more on her desire to express her emotions facially, rather than about her being pulled out of her closed-off, loner lifestyle. Is that why Shiki has a turtle? xD Nah but in all seriousness, I think they're pretty special to the franchise (and belong to character "tropes" that were missing).

Also one of them has a really nice singing voice from what I could tell in the ending, but I'm not sure who it is yet.
Aug 7, 2022 2:03 PM

Feb 2019
Nah everyone needs a friend like Shiki fr. Knowing your friend is scared and just doesn’t want to admit it so you go and do it to motivate them is such a sweet thing to do. Their whole relationship is so pure and wholesome, just real friends. Loved their convo at the end of the ep. I can do my best if you’re there with me”

This season looks like it’s going to end up being better than season 1 which is saying something cause that was awesome. Shiki has solidified herself as the best of the first years. She’s just too damn cute.
Marinate1016Aug 7, 2022 2:20 PM
Aug 7, 2022 2:21 PM

Nov 2019
Loved the backstory of Shiki and Mei's friendship, along with them both finally joining

Shiki and Mei are slowly growing on me, can't wait to see what else they do as a duo >o<

Such as sweet episode, can't wait to see Oninatsu join now~!
Aug 7, 2022 2:24 PM

Mar 2018
They are doing everything right with this season.
Aug 7, 2022 7:50 PM

Jun 2021
I always cry with Liella omg, this episode was so emotional and beautiful.

Mei and Shiki are girlfriends :')
Aug 7, 2022 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Like when you are so much of a tsundere you are only steps away from reaching bipolar territory. Smh... and here I thought Natsumi would be the most annoying one among the new members.

2/5 episode (1/5 if not for the yuri). Practically spent the whole time wishing for Umi or Mari to materialize in this universe, slap the shit out of Mei and tell her to stop with the drama queen act.
Aug 7, 2022 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
SHIKIIII!!

CEO gonna have her debut on the next week episode. Thus, the superstar will be complete.

Aug 8, 2022 1:40 AM

Jun 2021
Red x Blue - Fire x Ice - Opposites attract => Mei x Shiki.
Aug 8, 2022 2:32 AM

Jan 2012
For some reason I instantly thought of K-On! when seeing the turtle in the tank. Also very satisfied with Chisato being in the spotlight for a bit and all her cute facial expressions. Then along comes Kanon with that beautiful reassuring smile (when talking to Mei) which blew my mind instantly. Could be a real game-changer for how I view her, which was already extremely positive to begin with. And don't think I didn't see the power of "friendship" at work with Mei and Shiki holding hands! Show is so full of winning right now and it's all making it difficult to contain myself.
Aug 8, 2022 2:39 AM

Feb 2020
StyleF1re said:
For some reason I instantly thought of K-On! when seeing the turtle in the tank.

Me too. I Immediately remembered Ton-chan when I saw that scene. :)

SerafosAug 8, 2022 3:34 AM
Aug 8, 2022 3:33 AM

Jan 2012
Serafos said:
StyleF1re said:
For some reason I instantly thought of K-On! when seeing the turtle in the tank.

Me too. Immediately remembered Ton-chan when I saw that scene. :)

Crazy when considering that I personally watched the series some 10-11 years ago. That show really transcends time! And you're even more on it than I am for remembering the turtle's name!
Aug 8, 2022 5:42 AM
Apr 2022
Serafos said:
StyleF1re said:

Me too. I Immediately remembered Ton-chan when I saw that scene. :)

Gosh I'm reminded how well Kyoto Animation's art has hold up after 12-13 years. Its still better than 50% of today's anime;
And they improve all the time....Sound Euphonium 2015 better than 95% of today's anime;
Violet Evergarden 2018 remains unmatched.
Aug 8, 2022 6:57 AM

Jul 2014
Halfway through the episode, I wasn't overly convinced by Mei and Shiki's relationship but drawing the comparison with Kanon and Chisato's relationship, as well as the latter's own past insecurities, really sold me on it and won me over remarkably quickly. They're definitely both great additions to the cast and it will be fun to see them more properly interact with the rest of the group. It was also nice to get a bit more development for Chisato with her deciding to step out of her comfort zone and try being the club president, rather than once again placing the "burden" on Kanon.

Looks like next week will be a Natsumi-focused episode, and it's about damn time after she's only had very brief cameos in every episode apart from the first when she chatted with Kinako.
Aug 8, 2022 7:56 AM
Mar 2020
its good, show some yuri between the red and blue girl (sory i forgor their name) but over all is good.
Aug 8, 2022 8:02 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode Mai and Shiki are Great additions to Liella i also loved their backstory
Aug 8, 2022 8:55 AM
Nov 2020
I love this episode it's more focus on Mei and Shiki's development as a whole and Chii-chan being the School Idol Club President is the first time in LL! that a non-idol enjoyer is a president, mostly LL!'s School Idol Prez is a idol enjoyer and I like it

And the handholding scene. Holy canoli NHK-E you really televise the handholding scene
Aug 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Nov 2016
Shiki's dance moves, lmao. She's a cute kuudere. This episode sold me on the friendship between her and Mei ❤

Time for Natsumi to receive a proper introduction. All her brief appearances so far made me chuckle, so I expect to laugh a lot next episode.

5/5 episode as usual

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 8, 2022 2:27 PM
Apr 2022
Hopefully we can see more Ren Ren. She's now in the background for the most part. You often see her noticing and looking amused by Keke x Sumires' antics.
Aug 8, 2022 4:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes now the team is complete with Mei and Shiki joining the idol club, they're a great duo together, also Chisato has a really important role now :o
Aug 8, 2022 10:48 PM
Aug 2021
seldom does one see such an honest and very good Yuri declaration. :) so nice and cute.
Aug 9, 2022 8:16 AM
Jun 2020
GODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 9, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Like I said before, I'm glad I kept an open mind when it came to the new cast. I have absolutely been loving each and every single one of 'em so far.

I thought this was the episode Mei and Shiki would join and it's nice to see how it was written. Shiki has solidified herself as my favourite from the new characters. I can't see it any other way unless somehow, someway Natsumi is able to eclipse her.

This episode was able to succinctly explain Mei and Shiki's relationship and I feel they've gotten closer as friends(? hee) when the episode ended. They really are more alike than they are different! The Red oni, Blue oni! It kind of gave it away with their hair colours lol. Cute hand holding there!~

Chi-chan becoming president of the school idol club was an unexpected, but welcome turn of events!
Aug 9, 2022 5:28 PM

Dec 2013
So I liked a lot Mei from the very first time I saw her but I did not expect to like Shiki just as much, a great pair for the cast, better yet with how much they love each other, I had my doubts about the new girls but they have been really good additions, only one left to prove her worth next episode, but as expected, and grated there episodes are focused introducing the new girls, but Chisato and Ren have been just background characters, at the very least Chisato had her unique obsession for round objects moment but Ren has been basically non existent.
Aug 9, 2022 8:24 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow, I adored this episode. I was thinking it would take 2 episodes to recruit Shiki and Mei but even if it happened kinda fast I absolutely loved it. Seeing the beginning of Shiki and Mei’s friendship really helped with understanding their situation, I really love their friendship and I’m glad Liella or Kanon was able to help bring them back together, that moment at the end when Mei confronted Shiki (after her amazing dance lol) was amazing, Shiki’s embarrassed expression was hyper cute.

And this episode had me laughing out loud so many times, Kinako’s little reactions kept getting me, and Shiki showing those progressing photos of Mei crying and having the time of her life at the concert also really got me. Mei’s interaction with a Grateful Dead fan (the skeleton) was also funny lol, and I know it was meant to be a serious moment but when Kanon confronted Mei and just kept smiling as Mei yelled at her also got a laugh out of me, I must’ve been giggly this evening lol.

But man what a great episode, probably one of my favorite LL episodes and it didn’t even have a performance in it, and I can also see Mei becoming one of my favorites as this goes on, Shiki possibly as well, I’m known to be weak to blue hair lol. I’m excited to see the next performance with the new girls in the group!
Aug 10, 2022 1:57 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty ok until now, way better than Nijigasaki
Next ep is coming! Best LLS waifu incoming!
Watching this with other fs had the raw with the Endless Circuit mv, it was so cool!

My Candies:

Aug 10, 2022 3:22 AM
Jan 2015
Another cute episode, Chisato became president of the Idol club which honestly does suit her, And the group finally gets two new members in Shiki & Mei and those two are 100% gay for each other and I'm here for it.
Just one one more member to go to get the whole squad and that's that YouTubeer/Blogger chick.
Aug 10, 2022 7:22 AM

Dec 2020
Shiki and Mei are so cute they trying to help each other and they two are alike also chi chan is bucho from the club.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 10, 2022 9:16 AM
Mar 2018
At first I was worried about the addition of a lot of new characters in terms of pacing, screen-time, and meaningful interactions but this was very well done. I wasn't as hyped for this season as I was for Nijigasaki but so far this has been very good and exceeding my initial thoughts by far. I hope it still keeps going strong!
Aug 10, 2022 1:13 PM

Feb 2016
I love how they made Chi-chan most loving, caring person this season. Nice character development from being self doubt to being confident while helping others. She is the swettest I LOVE HER
Aug 10, 2022 2:10 PM

May 2018
ngl School Idols in lab coats would be awesome
Aug 12, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2015
This season has been... normal, until eps 4.
Honestly, I almost dropped this show because the first new member didn't appeal to me, nor the story of eps 1-3.
Aug 14, 2022 2:10 AM

Oct 2007
Mei and Shiki are good addition to the team.

also glad that Chii-chan became the president.
Aug 14, 2022 7:00 AM

Oct 2017
Quite emotional episode again, this season has been going strong. Glad to have Mei and Shiki on the group, Shiki's adorable.
Aug 15, 2022 8:17 AM

Jun 2021
it is so satisfying to see confirmed all the most optimistic feelings about the new characters episode after episode, now only Natsumi is missing at looking at the previews it seems she will in fact stop being an extra.

Mei and Shiki are just so good on their own and even better when united, and it is easy to laugh when they are called "friends". "Friends..." yeah...

The skeleton double trap worked out a lot, Shiki expected to be seen from afar by Mei, and then the latter of cours falls from the rooftop door and gets discovered. And then Liella goes undercover to see her place and suddenly she's all like "i always feel like, somebody's watching meeeeeeeee" but it is discovered she's nearsighted so she actually didn't notice Kinako's noises and funny scary face (please, if you want to do something for you just stick to contacts instead of glasses). Those speeches about loneliness... i know them a lot.

It is actually true that character development took a seat with someone of the original cast to save room for the newer one, but it is good to return to Chisato and her previous struggles, to an unexpected point that she is declared president of the club.

"And you, Shiki?" Finally, this is a question overdue and not only to be made at Mei. It is great to watch their roles reversed and even Shiki's dance moves from behind while still wearing her labcoat. And don't lie... you're pretty too, as the moment in which you both joined your hands.

Aug 19, 2022 6:10 AM
Jul 2020
Loved every last second, and seeing the kinda sorta romantic relationship between Skiki and Mei was adorable too. Great work so far, and i hope this keeps up
Aug 29, 2022 9:46 PM

Aug 2017
Love Live original and Superstar are so much better than other idol anime.

How can a kuudere smile and sing? She'll have to put on her cute face

Good thing my girl Wien isn't showing up. She's so good, all the other girls will quit if they see her perform again
Oct 7, 2023 4:15 AM

Mar 2017
Spoilers for season finale:
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Aug 5, 11:13 PM

May 2019
Instead of shaking hands for mutual agreement to join the club, those two choose to holding hands. They can kiss already after this lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.