Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 1:36 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, watched it in one day. I have such a nice life.

Well, not really an ending. We still don't know who will be Yumi's and Yoshino's petite soeur. Since I'm already used to these kind of endings from the last series, I just assume things will continue in the fourth series.

I have to admit I found this OVA far more interesting than the original and especially the Haru series. It was very episodic, which I always like, but there were also little things, like Kanako, that kept the story driven. As I already mentioned in a former post, the animation was very good. Character design has always been a plus on this series, but backgrounds were very well done too, especially in the last episode.
Dec 22, 2008 11:16 AM

Nov 2007
From where I can watch this ep? i'm stuck without the last one =/

Dec 23, 2008 2:18 AM

Mar 2008
Apr 21, 2009 4:58 PM

Dec 2007
Laid back episode full of beautiful scenery. I laughted at first when Sachiko asked for Roman Manju and at the end when the postard arrived way too late XD. Good thing we got to see Kanina once again. Do you think she recieved a visit from Sei?
Jan 27, 2010 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
Nice and refreshing season! A little spinoff from their relaxing delicate dramas.
Ciao Sorella! (Yumi made it hard to pronounce "so-re-lla", but then she said "Loma". When will Japanese seiyuus learn the difference between L and R, although they write them with the same characters)
Aug 13, 2012 4:11 AM

Feb 2009
3rd season really was best i think :)
Apr 26, 2013 7:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Spaidy_ said:
3rd season really was best i think :)
I agree. I think a big part of that was that Sachiko had loosened up considerably.
Jan 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2011
Can't believe how I forgot how much I love this series. It's just so unique and would love nothing more than well,...MORE!!

I am rewatching this anime once again. Now to the 4th season :)!
!Fighting!
Feb 14, 2014 12:33 AM

Aug 2013
That parakeet scene never gets old. Firenze senbei! Haha :D Sei was definitely in Italy along with Kei.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 19, 2014 1:29 AM

Sep 2014
This season/OVA was so good. The 50 minute episodes felt like 15 minute episodes for me, that's how much I enjoyed them!

I wanted Sei to popup somewhere in this episode! It was nice to have more Tsutako and Mami screentime. I love those two. :)
Jan 25, 2015 7:06 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
SaveTheAralSea said:
This season/OVA was so good. The 50 minute episodes felt like 15 minute episodes for me, that's how much I enjoyed them!

I wanted Sei to popup somewhere in this episode! It was nice to have more Tsutako and Mami screentime. I love those two. :)

Tsutako is my favorite. Hopefully next season she gets even more screentime.

The scenery was very beautiful. One place I hope to visit one day is the Leaning Tower of Pisa which of course Yoshino lied to Rei lol. Yoshino sure likes having it her way. :P

Talking Bird knows Japanese and knows Sato.

The ending was funny. Sachiko getting a little mad that the postcard arrived late. It was to be expected since postcards don't take a day to mail, but still it was a funny moment regardless.

G

Mar 27, 2015 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Even with a leisure pace, the 50 minute episodes seemed much shorter.

This season felt more relaxed and cheerful. Some parts were even pretty funny :D

It was nice seeing Kanina again. Wish we also saw more of Sei.
Jun 15, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
I'm bias as heck, but that tour of Italy raised my opinion of Maria-sama ga Miteru, or at least this season. Since the episodes are longer, the show was able to take its time and really pace itself out slowly and comfortably, much like its opening monologue. It was truly great.
Apr 15, 2016 11:15 AM
Aug 2012
fresh development of girls stories, I did enjoy every episode )Especially so warm slow and sweet progress of my girls love story
Jul 20, 2017 5:45 AM
Aug 2014
First time seeing a school trip take place outside of Japan, makes sense for a catholic school to visit Italy.

Yumi brought back pens and a photo album, would have thought she'd buy something Italian.
Apr 19, 2018 12:08 PM

Mar 2017
Must be nice to be in their school haha, overseas for their fieldtrip. Fieldtrips in our school would always be somewhere here in our country.

despite this series having a 50 min duration, it still also felt like a 24 min duration to me also haha.
MariMite is really entertaining to watch.

I liked Kanako and Touko hehe, I would've like to see the both of them competing to become Yumi's petite souer.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jun 9, 2021 3:08 PM

Feb 2014
This is really pleasant to see an anime field trip not being in Japan or the U.S.

I'm disappointed it was not in France even though their school borrow a lot of french words. I would have loved to see Paris represented with the care this episode had (all the architectures and paintings were on point).

This third season was great with a lot of character development and the art style was a real improvement in my opinion.
Jan 6, 2022 12:32 PM

Aug 2018
Having weak health is a pain, yeah.. The problem both for yourself and other around.. Poor Yoshino.. ;/
Leisurely people in Italy, huh.. Well.. Who knows.. I mean they visit more places for tourists, where people come there to take breaks, relax, and other stuff.. So it's natural that there would be more laid back people there.. But also Japanese are known for their hard work ethics and whatnot as well..
Yoshino is very strong in remaining with the confident act when she suffers from her health.. Well.. She tries to be strong.. And how she is so strong is admirable in a way.. Even if I also a bit worry for her at the same time..
Yumi misses Sachiko.. It both is beautiful, happy and sad episode.. Well.. Isn't that the essence of Maria-sama anime overall?.. ;P
The mystery if Sato Sei visited as well or not.. Even by parrot as well.. ;P
Liked this season a lot..
Apr 13, 2022 7:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A great final episode, once again this season takes us to new places outside of the school, this time being Italy lol. It was a lot of fun seeing the girls enjoy the country, some of the iconic sights and a nice amount of funny moments, Yoshino’s “Jesus is looking pudgy” slayed me, and speaking of Yoshino, man they almost had me with that fever bit when they first arrived in Italy, but my girl Yoshino is out here surviving lol, of course it wouldn’t be Maria-sama without a little drama. Another thing that was interesting was Sei acting like a ghost this episode, she appeared once earlier this season but now she’s part of a disappearing act where it’s rumored she’s there in Italy, which seemed random but it was a really cool slice of mystery, and Shimako kinda confirming she was there just made it better, if only we got to see her because I’ve been missing Sei lately.

We also got to see Rosa Kanina again, which is hilarious for me because I thought for sure she’d be a one-off character in the first season but this makes the 3rd time she’s reappeared lol, really glad to see her again tho and I like how she helped Yumi out with the postcard, here’s to wondering if she’ll randomly appear next season lol. Lastly, I really liked the ending, while it wasn’t much of an ending, it was a nice moment between Yumi and Sachiko once again after they were apart for the whole episode, and honestly as wild as this season has been, I don’t mind a calmer ending lol.

And that was the end of Season 3, I really loved this season, I think I can safely say it’s my favorite season so far. It had much longer episodes with a shorter amount of episodes, but I feel this format worked very well for the content this season brought, and it also had a slight upgrade to the animation along with an art style change, which I also liked. This season was also very refreshing for the series, after being rooted to the school for the first two seasons we moved locations quite a bit starting from the first episode, and not only that, when we were back at the school we got some exciting events taking place, like the Hanadera school festival and the sports festival, it was a lot of fun and nice change of pace for the series.

Lastly, we met a lot of new characters too, a whole group of male characters after only having the handful we knew so far, and we got introduced to Kanako who’s a potential candidate for Yumi’s little sister. There was a lot to love this season, not only that stuff but the characters we knew and loved already got great moments and development, it was a fantastic entry to the series all around, and not to mention how we got traditional EDs this time too, both of them being great songs, tho I slightly preferred the first one lol. But yeah, sorry for the incredibly long post but there was a lot to talk about, I really loved this season and I’m excited for what Season 4, the final season brings.
Apr 22, 2022 9:30 PM

Jun 2014
What Sachiko said regarding the postcard was certainly interesting. It's too bad that she wasn't able to attend the trip with Yumi.

This season was pretty good. I wonder what's in store for the final season?

Aug 20, 2022 8:37 PM
Mar 2018
It was a pleasant episode. Though it had been so long since I had seen some of the characters that our heroines were reacquainted with that they seemed somewhat less familiar than they should.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 2 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

14 by Yinkie66 »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:36 PM

» the last episode

Roncha - Sep 3, 2008

1 by Rouqerd »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 3 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

13 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 23, 2023 5:56 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 1 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

18 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 18, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 4 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

15 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 22, 2022 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.