Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 11, 2022 10:12 AM
Jun 2021
I think for sure that around 40% or more of the audience who are watching this series must be waiting for Kurumi to come back on stage
Apr 11, 2022 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
It's back, although there is nothing much going on it's not a bad start and Nia looks like a fun girl
Apr 11, 2022 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
Having Kurumi in the first scene instead of the usual space quake was nice. I really hope they won't rush things again so much. Season 3 had some great story material, but the pacing and production values kinda ruined it.
Apr 11, 2022 5:50 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wow, this was a surprisingly entertaining first episode. Season 3 was forgettable and lackluster, so I'm hoping this goes well, especially with a new studio. Speaking of, the production values are pretty good, I'm liking the art style too.

Nia was super fun, and probably what made this episode as good as it was. Looks like she's one of us, a 2D only lover.

Looks like next week they're going to have to make an eroge or something to make her fall in love. That's pretty great.

Admittedly I don't remember much since all the seasons are so far apart from one another, but hopefully it all starts coming back to me as the season goes on.
Apr 12, 2022 6:50 AM
Apr 2020
When Shido date a spirit, it never meant to be peaceful, and then Ratatoskr think it is.
Apr 12, 2022 2:30 PM

Mar 2013

Yeah this series is gonna be going thay way again
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 12, 2022 4:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
DAL is back and better than ever, never would have thought the next couple of volumes would be looking so promissor adapted.

Kinda jealoius since S3's Origami arc deserved at least these levels of care...

Seeing the OP and Nia, saying she didnt want to use the book to see what happened to her while she was captured... this arc is gonna be hard to watch at some parts.
Then, lots of Mukaro love at the end.
PlaycoolApr 12, 2022 4:48 PM
Apr 12, 2022 11:26 PM
Apr 2022
The new art form just doesn't suit them. They're not as cute as they were in 2nd or 3rd season.
How can we contact them and ask them to change it back?
I was looking at Tohka and I genuinely got upset that she has changed so much.
Apr 15, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Nia is so much fun! A teasing onee-san in a sexy nun Astral Dress plus a sexy maid outfit? I love her already <3. And she's even an otaku! Her love for 2D makes things complicated for Shido though, but if he could make Miku (the lesbian) fall for him, he can make Nia fall for him.

Oh how I missed my favorite group of idiots, Ratatoskr and their pick up lines. The one they picked was pretty cultured haha. Sasuga Nakatugawa, "The Man with 100 Wives" xD.

Ah, how happy I am with the return of DAL. Looking forward to more.
Apr 17, 2022 1:19 AM
Jan 2021
God damn i miss this show so much

Korumi has screen time right of the bat nice!

The new spirit is a otaku lol the scene where she said i can only like 2D characters was really fanny and the choices that's like a dating simulator is way to nostalgic

Nice start
Apr 17, 2022 10:35 AM

Aug 2015
Original Soundtrack Album for Date A IV Announced https://vgmdb.net/album/119732
GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
Jun 26, 2022 10:14 PM
Jun 2022
I love the anime I'm waiting for season 5
Jul 21, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting to see Shido as an actual manga fan..
Nia likes to tease.. Sister, hm..
Shido gets invited on the date this time.. ;P
Dating choices are back~ ;D They are great.. ;P
Nia knows a lot.. Well, I think it's good.. She understands better these dates, so honesty is higher as a result, I think.. Well.. To her.. As from her.. I think she's a bit holding down some feelings.. But maybe she just doesn't want to dwell on them.. She wants to be the way she is.. Though, does she?.. Well, who knows..
Nia is into 2D.. Well, even if she wouldn't be.. It is totally understandable that you not necessary have to fall for some random dude like Shido, really.. If you'd be able to fall in love with anyone.. I think life would be different.. Not sure, in what way..
Aug 11, 2022 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
who is trying to swoon who i wonder lol
Sep 18, 2022 11:00 AM
Jan 2022
Great start with a lot os sexy and suggestive scenes who virgins love
Dec 24, 2022 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Someone is cuffed up.
Kurumi appears.
Second Spirit? Sister?
Shido wakes up.
Reine enters.
Tohka and co. enter.
Nani? Mana is there?
Dat poster.
Someone is on the ground.
Starving.

This is tough. Where to begin.... I followed the pre-release news. The studio change was expected and thankfully it is not JC Staff. What blew my mind was the announcement of the art style change for the characters. Then the most sacrilegious thing that they did was announcing that sweet ARMS was performing the.... ED song. The FOCKING ED song when it is TRADITION that they do the OP song. The only exception is during a movie. Even then Chihara (Miku) did the OP song for that. sweet ARMS literally voice Yoshino, Origami, Mana, and Tama-chan. Who the FOCK is Miyu Tomita? She doesn't even voice a character in the series? Erii Yamazaki didn't voice a character and she was placed in the ED for DAL III so why does Tomita perform the OP over sweet ARMS? That shit hit me so hard that I put it out of my mind. I didn't start remembering these changes until I finished DAL III yesterday. I was literally telling myself that it didn't actually happen. I was telling myself if they moved sweet ARMS to the ED song then they moved the narration to the ED as well because the OP narration and sweet ARMS go hand in hand. Now onto the episode, they removed the iconic DAL OP narration and replaced it with a lengthy next episode preview. The narrator even acknowledged the change during the episode preview that means the staff knew how important the OP narration was to the series and they still changed it. They basically put sweet ARMS and the narrator, DAL's legends, in the dungeon (end of episode). sweet ARMS ED song is literally called S.O.S. You can't make this up. They are crying for help. This is disrespectful as fock. Due to these changes (along with the art style), I could not enjoy the songs themselves and they went in a different direction for the storyboard visuals, which is more Date A Bullet. It did not feel like DAL anime. I mean no disrespect, but sweet ARMS made a shit song. It just was not sweet ARMS-esque. Their ED song for Mayuri Judgment was WAY BETTER. It had that sweet ARMS spirit (no pun intended).

Both the DAL I and II designs looked great for the anime. Episode 1 of III looked liked shit, but they corrected themselves after that. Like I said, I just finished III so the sudden change in design is crazy. I loved Shido in II because he looked confident then he looked cool when he got serious. This soft design makes him look... soft. The only characters that looked the same to me from their previous season(s) design was Ellen and Kyouhei and a couple minor characters from Ratatoskr. I loved Miku and Kaguya and Yuzuru's previous design. This one don't hit the same. Same for Tokha and Reine. Two characters I love. Does Reine have smaller oppai? Because I'm not seeing that impact. Kotori's face no longer has the grit it once had. Yoshino was so cute to me in the old design. Now... Really going to have to get use to the changes. I'm not hating the design change. I'm obviously just used to the original anime designs.

DAL IV aired at 10 PM while III aired at 9:30 PM (I and II aired around 1 AM). We already got pantsu in episode 1. Already better than JC Staff because they hid Kotori pantsu in episode 1 of III.

Lastly, we now know why Shido did that Thunder Wave attack in DAL III episode 12. lol And was that lowkey a Saya no Uta reference on the billboard?
RobDec 24, 2022 3:18 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 6, 2023 8:20 PM

Nov 2010
Kurumi is such a beautiful nightmare!
Nice improvement in animation. The waifus are looking prettier than ever before!
12:03 Yup, very nice spirit armor indeed. It's too bad her hair is too short.
At least Shidou can draw. I'm envious! I don't have an artistic sense no matter how hard I tried.
2D is all we need!
Feb 3, 2023 2:51 AM

Apr 2013
So an new season and immediately a new date. New girls seem quite open about anything tbh. Guess he'll cosplay as that dude she loves so much next episode to kiss her?
Jul 8, 2023 8:55 PM
Jul 2014
Hehe dirty jokes funny
Jul 10, 2023 9:45 PM
Oct 2020
A fairly promising start with new girl Nia. Although after the initial scene where she's detained by DEM the date seems a little slow. Maybe I was expecting more action. Guess we'll see what this 2D world has in store. 
Nov 30, 2023 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Kurumi is still best girl after 3 years!
Mar 30, 8:50 AM

Sep 2013
I've nearly caught up with Date A Live for the upcoming 5th instalment and I have to say, the premier for the 4th season looks great compared to the previous seasons. The art style is to my liking, and the animation look great.

The new girl, Nia, is a nice addition I believe! I hope I get to see Tohka soon ^^
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Jul 2022
Binging to catch up to the new season, and the animation shifts between studios have been all over the place. Definitely enjoying this new style more though. Nia's ability seems like it could be overpowered.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

54 by BertBert »»
Jun 10, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

66 by BertBert »»
Jun 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

68 by demonsword101 »»
Jun 6, 5:52 PM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

156 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 3:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.