Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2021 11:34 AM

Apr 2016
A very thoughtful touching final episode with a touch of christmas all over it i would say. With Himeno bamboozling everyone including the viewer.

I wonder if we gonna get another season. Or at least a spin-off of the grandma's gaming career.
Dec 17, 2021 11:36 AM

Feb 2020
Very nice and heartwarming finale. Those mugs were so pretty.

This was as good as the first season. I'll miss Himeno and her friends.

SerafosMar 24, 3:34 AM
Dec 17, 2021 11:49 AM

Jun 2019
Well, Himeno's mugs really came out nicely and that surprise was rather unexpected. But, her father was proud of her, seeing his daughter grow si much in front of his eyes. Very wholesome indeed.

Good second season.
Dec 17, 2021 12:39 PM

Dec 2010
I actually didn't like the first cour much, to the point that I was considering not picking up the second, but somehow I started liking it, a lot. Some of the episodes were especially memorial, like the ones focusing on the relationship between Touko and her grandfather. Speaking of Touko, she was drawn really beautiful this season! Guess some animator had a thing for her. 8/10
Dec 17, 2021 12:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh actually that was really sweet to end it this way with Himeno's mug! Good job
Dec 17, 2021 3:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Great final episode, Himeno’s mugs all turned out very nicely, everyone in the club looked very satisfied with them. I was surprised like Himeno’s dad that she picked Ximena’s pieces to display instead of her own, but it makes sense that she did it and I like how it turned out, giving everyone their own cups was very nice too. Honestly a very good way to end Season 2.

As for the live action, getting to see everyone’s pieces complete was very satisfying, just like the anime, it feels like we were on the journey with them, and the outcome was very good. They all looked very good and it’s awesome you can actually see them displayed in Taijimi until late March next year. That cafe was also really nice, a great place to end the live action section of Season 2.

And that’s it, that was the end of Season 2. Just like Season 1, I super enjoyed this season, it may not be the best SoL, but I personally love it. The power combo of the anime section and the live action section make this very different from others that I’ve seen, they work so well together. If it wasn’t for the anime and live action combined, it definitely wouldn’t be as great, but paired together it’s something very special to me. Watching the four VAs enjoy Taijimi and create their pieces, it was super fun and always lifted my spirits. If this doesn’t get a 3rd season, I hope to hear them voice different anime characters in the future!
Dec 17, 2021 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
I liked this season even more than the first one and the finale was so emotional, the series is one of my favorite "show about a hobby represented with girls on a school club" type of anime, I'm going to miss Kukuri so much.
Dec 17, 2021 4:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, that's some beautiful simple mug, not just one, but many. However, damn, what a surprising decision she made there. But honestly its actually pretty much the better choice, and signified how grown up Himeno with that wise decision. She didn't need something to display, but precisely creating for the use of it instead, wanna have fun with the process, and enjoy it with everyone elses, which is the better way to put up everything nicely. Himeno also made the mug for herself that described pretty much her journey at the pottery way from zero until that time. I feel like her mother also doin the same with the mug in the previous place. So, yeah, very good finale. One or more continuations are always welcome. Lets hope to the demon god kappa to grant that greedy wish!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 17, 2021 4:44 PM

Jul 2017
Mug cups and the December snow in Tajimi.

It's time to see Himeno's mug cup creations, and they exude the same feelings as when her mother did the sculpture. [b}The thing is, which one mug cup will be the best fit on the shelf.[/b]

And what better to do than to organize a party in everyone's presence to showcase Himeno's final product...and yeah, quite surprised that she will work to Ximena's route of making the cutlery set, but I guess it also tells a different story if you put the entire Toyokawa Family in regard: the respect to her mother. It subverted expectations to a very good degree, and the mug cups ended up being a consolation for everyone.

Overall, pretty good finale, and the sequel banks on the foundation of the prequel to betterness. Himeno has improved a lot, and for the better.
Dec 17, 2021 6:29 PM
Oct 2021
I felt like this halfway through after Hime revealed Jimena's works:

But I did like the wholesomeness it emanated. I knew Himeno's father would react in a very sentimental way, he's witnessing his little girl growing up, and he's proud of her.

The moment he sat the mother's photo on the table, I thought her soul would slightly make presence. I blame Mieruko-chan for that.

And I know it's a cliche, but I'll always love when they sing the OP at the end. It's beautiful, and makes me wish for the live-action to come out.

PalomoPalomoDec 17, 2021 6:33 PM
Dec 17, 2021 8:56 PM

Feb 2020
Was not expecting Ximena's work on the shelf instead.. but all goes well I guess. Good thing Himeno's dad got the closure he needed

Hm, I'd say it's quite an improvement from the 1st season, though still not too too interesting. quite the unique anime, i suppose
Dec 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Dec 2020
it ended☹️☹️☹️ ahh im gonna miss this so much. that was a perfect ending, loved it :D
Dec 17, 2021 10:06 PM

Oct 2016
What a very touching ending, was definitely confused at first why she displayed Ximena's work, but the reasoning behind it was great. This is just the first step for Himeno, now that she has made a mug cup too, she can make even more.

The screen getting blurry to show the dad getting teary eyes was pretty well done. Overall, definitely enjoyed this season more than the first one. 7/10
Dec 18, 2021 4:01 AM

Oct 2017
That was surprising, didn't expect Hime chan to use that set from Himena san. Aside that a sweet finale. It was nice seeing everyone again for the finale.

Another beautiful season for this anime. I hope we get season 3 someday.
Dec 18, 2021 9:40 AM

Mar 2014
what a great finale, I'm gonna miss this show
RedChromeDec 18, 2021 9:45 AM
Dec 18, 2021 1:24 PM

Jul 2016
They sure had us there, huh? In the end, Himeno made a lot of mugs but none of them were meant to be exhibited alongside her mother's. What a way to mess with the viewer lol.
Anyways, I'm still glad Jimena's pieces got the recognition they deserved.

Overall, it was another pretty lovely season and definitely, an improvement from an already good first one. The synergy between the main cast and the new characters introduced (especially Jimena) was excellent and the drama aspect remained as organic as I remember.

8/10 - Such a charming show. Would love to watch more seasons of it.
Dec 18, 2021 3:40 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
Very pleasant watch
I'm assuming season 3 is not too far away because of all those different images they showed us after the end credits. Seems like there are new characters incoming and Himeno's grandma will have an episode about gaming addiciton lol
9cycle cycle9

Dec 18, 2021 4:11 PM

May 2021
I liked the overall message of this episode, finding yourself and binding your craft with the experiences that provide to other people while being honest to your own growth. The slow scene of the realization of the father was quite emotional. I would be ok with this being the ending.

The season was overall alright, with an improvement over the animation but somehow maximalist episodes in the middle, welcomed but out of tune. While the incorporation of Ximena makes much more sense with this ending, I couldnt but laugh at her spanish lines as a spanish speaker haha

Dec 19, 2021 6:02 AM

Jan 2021
Finally, Himeno made the mug as the anime title suggests, but I think this season is a bit less about pottery than the previous season & focused more on character
Dec 19, 2021 11:03 PM

Sep 2020
Such a heartwarming finale. Hime-chan's mugs are pretty, I wasnt expecting she will put "that" on her spot to display, a pleasant surprise.
All of the characters have grown, I love this series, so comforting.
Will definitely visit Tajimi one day.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jan 3, 2022 1:55 AM

Aug 2019
Himeno did a wonderful job with the mugs. A perfect finale for this season!

I need the mini mug tho
Feb 1, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
Nice end, especially realising how Himena's work had inspired Ximena, who on her turn ended up inspiring Himeno.

Jan 9, 2023 12:22 PM

Nov 2018
Again the end of the series surprised me just like the first series did! I was not expecting Himeno's choice of what to show on that shelf! But I was really touched! She definitely exceeded my expectations! Not to say that those sets were absolutely adorable!

I absolutely loved the tiny mug cup, Himeno's idea with her changing color mug, and last but not least the warm and cozy atmosphere of her finishing her evening alongside her father and grandmother at a coffee. The sun rose brightly in my heart!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

13 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 9, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2021

11 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:34 PM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 8 Discussion

Swagernator - Nov 19, 2021

12 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 7, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 12, 2021

11 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 7, 2023 4:21 AM

Poll: » Yakunara Mug Cup mo: Niban Gama Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

18 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 4, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.