Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 29, 2021 2:24 AM

May 2020
People claim this is an enhanced, more detailed version of the first arc of Sword Art Online... however it will be in the form of a roughly two hour movie. How could they possibly do the arc justice in such a short time?
Sep 29, 2021 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
because it's going to be like Kara no kyoukai where it's a series of movies. meaning in the long run several 1 hour and 30 + minute movies will be longer then a 24 ep season the pacing is also being slowed down and form what i've heard it's only covering the world of Aincrad not the other arcs after it.

the synopsis even mentions this movie is focused on the first level.

meaning we might get a movie per floor
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 29, 2021 2:26 AM

Jan 2017
NickCipolla said:
How could they possibly do the arc justice in such a short time?

They won't adapt the whole arc , this Movie is just the 1st floor. (~Episode 01 & 02 of SAO S1)
The Light Novel Progressive is basically 1 Volume = 1 Floor.
So we could potentially get 1 Movie for each floor , but there is still nothing that has been announced about a continuation of this Movie. (Even if it's probable)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 29, 2021 2:37 AM
Jan 2021
The movie will only adapt the 1st half of the 1st volume of Sword Art Online Progressive, which volume has the first 2 floors, that is, the movie will adapt only the 1st floor. And that wouldn't be a less rushed version of Sword Art Online, because Sword Art Online isn't rushed, the first 2 volumes of thhe main Light Novel, plus an extra story from volume 8 are adapted into 14 episodes, which o would say is a good average and not a little rushed.
Sep 29, 2021 4:31 AM
Jan 2021
Because it’s not the whole thing.
Sep 29, 2021 4:38 AM
Dec 2020
Bc its only the 1st floor
BTW,reading helps
Sep 29, 2021 4:39 AM
Nov 2019
NickCipolla said:
People claim this is an enhanced, more detailed version of the first arc of Sword Art Online... however it will be in the form of a roughly two hour movie. How could they possibly do the arc justice in such a short time?
ur for sure really stupid hahaha
Think before u make a dumb post like this๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 29, 2021 4:42 AM

Apr 2020
It's only half the first volume of the light novel, not rushed at all lol.
I think the light novel is really good so I'm expecting this movie to be pretty alright too
Sep 29, 2021 7:02 AM
Feb 2021
Movie is only adapting the 1st part of the volume, not even one whole volume. Movie is also 97 minutes long which is equivalent to almost 4.75 episodes each which is more than respectable adaptation for 1 chapter. Afterwards, me might as well have series but there has been a rumours of another progressive movie web address being registered however time will tell.
Sep 29, 2021 8:00 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
hazarddex said:
because it's going to be like Kara no kyoukai where it's a series of movies. meaning in the long run several 1 hour and 30 + minute movies will be longer then a 24 ep season the pacing is also being slowed down and form what i've heard it's only covering the world of Aincrad not the other arcs after it.

I get what you mean, and I'm all in favour of a movie series but 100 flours equally 100 movies sounds like a lot๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Sep 29, 2021 9:01 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
hazarddex said:

I get what you mean, and I'm all in favour of a movie series but 100 flours equally 100 movies sounds like a lot๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
SAO ended up at floor 75 and this is the story of Kirito and Asuna accentuating their journey depicting how the romace of two main characters begin in addition with fleshing their characters. However, according to some source, it is believed that LN will end at floor 25 because it is that floor where Asuna and Kirito went to the separate way. But given the slow place, it is even hardly to make floor 10 lol. So far, we only have 7 floor completed in a constitution of 8 volumes.
Sep 29, 2021 9:06 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
momentie said:

SAO ended up at floor 75 and this is the story of Kirito and Asuna accentuating their journey depicting how the romace of two main characters begin in addition with fleshing their characters. However, according to some source, it is believed that LN will end at floor 25 because it is that floor where Asuna and Kirito went to the separate way. But given the slow place, it is even hardly to make floor 10 lol. So far, we only have 7 floor completed in a constitution of 8 volumes.

Oh I see, thanks for the info but then again even 8 successive Sao films sound alike a lot๐Ÿ˜…, maybe they'll swap back to a TV format if the first film proforms well enough?๐Ÿค”
Sep 29, 2021 9:13 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

Oh I see, thanks for the info but then again even 8 successive Sao films sound alike a lot๐Ÿ˜…, maybe they'll swap back to a TV format if the first film proforms well enough?๐Ÿค”
No problem. I would also like to have anime series because it will be damn frustrating to wait every 2 years to watch one move. With that pace it would take like 20 years just to adapt 8 volumes only because some volumes are super long similar to this where they are only adapting 1st part. Movie, series, OVA, Movie Series should be fine hera and then but just doing movie only it is nuts man. BTW SAO movie are bound to perform well and it is progressive which even haters wanna watch.
Sep 29, 2021 9:22 AM

Feb 2010
momentie said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

"8 movies sounds like a lot."

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14807/Kara_no_Kyoukai_Movie__Mirai_Fukuin

9 movies 7 were release in 2008, 1 in 2009 another in 2011 and this one 2013
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 29, 2021 9:23 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
momentie said:

No problem. I would also like to have anime series because it will be damn frustrating to wait every 2 years to watch one move. With that pace it would take like 20 years just to adapt 8 volumes only because some volumes are super long similar to this where they are only adapting 1st part. Movie, series, OVA, Movie Series should be fine hera and then but just doing movie only it is nuts man. BTW SAO movie are bound to perform well and it is progressive which even haters wanna watch.

I complete agree, as a gundam fan there is nothing more painful then waiting years for an hour of footage like was the case with Unicorn and The Origin. Same with Digimon Tri, that wasn't even really worth waiting for๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜….
Sep 29, 2021 9:25 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
hazarddex said:
momentie said:

"8 movies sounds like a lot."

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14807/Kara_no_Kyoukai_Movie__Mirai_Fukuin

9 movies 7 were release in 2008, 1 in 2009 another in 2011 and this one 2013

Yes but it's unlikely they'd all come out in one go as was mostly the case here๐Ÿ˜…, plus if each floor really does get 1 novel which gets turned into one film, then a movie for each floor could be 100 films๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 29, 2021 9:33 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

I complete agree, as a gundam fan there is nothing more painful then waiting years for an hour of footage like was the case with Unicorn and The Origin. Same with Digimon Tri, that wasn't even really worth waiting for๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜….
I heard that they released 5 movie like that before releasing the series for Digimon. I don't want to share that fate tbh. I always prefer series over movie. But if they executed properly with series, movie, series it will be perfect. But only movie will make fans annoyed in long run like how you guys had to.
Sep 29, 2021 9:35 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
momentie said:

I heard that they released 5 movie like that before releasing the series for Digimon. I don't want to share that fate tbh. I always prefer series over movie. But if they executed properly with series, movie, series it will be perfect. But only movie will make fans annoyed in long run like how you guys had to.

Oh thrust me it's a painful a thing and if even a single movie is bad or not to your liking, you pretty much just have to wait for the next one because you've already invested too much to stop๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Eva is the worst example I know of, so many years for rebuild 4 to come out....and I didn't even like it much.....๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 29, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

Oh thrust me it's a painful a thing and if even a single movie is bad or not to your liking, you pretty much just have to wait for the next one because you've already invested too much to stop๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Eva is the worst example I know of, so many years for rebuild 4 to come out....and I didn't even like it much.....๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I can understand the sentimental. No one wants to grow just by waiting over movie only when it will take that long to adapt all in movie. Better be wrapped up in seasonal anime.
Sep 29, 2021 9:49 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
momentie said:

I can understand the sentimental. No one wants to grow just by waiting over movie only when it will take that long to adapt all in movie. Better be wrapped up in seasonal anime.

Yup, some say there are still no game no life fans out there waiting for season 2, others still await the day ADV will rise from the dead and finish dubbing zero's familiar. And of course those poor souls who still believe they'll be alive to see the day one piece ends๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 29, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2020
Ahh so this is more of just an extra piece of SAO
Sep 29, 2021 8:27 PM
Jan 2019
Movies of several levels where every details aligns with the 1st season? That's my impression.
Sounds dope. Won't get ma hopes up
Sep 29, 2021 9:07 PM
Apr 2021
Theres going to be multiple movies. The only reason the original was rushed was because it was NEVER meant to be so big.
It was a CONTEST entry and could only be so big. Progressive goes floor by floor. Hell one floor is 2 volumes.
Oct 1, 2021 12:47 AM

Oct 2020
hazarddex said:

and when was it confirmed that it will be a movie series?? It might go Tv series from floor 2
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Oct 1, 2021 7:47 PM

May 2020
Unfortunate that this seems more like cash grab than anything ;/
Oct 2, 2021 12:34 PM
Jul 2021
NickCipolla said:

Mind your own word there. This is an anime movie made to entertain people, and they deserve something in return to create more. Stop spreading your toxicity because no one cares about your nonsense. Your forum question said pretty much that you did not look for any research at all and further created a forum to show your ignorance and stupidity asking dumb questions about the series. Please, get some help.
DeMarcKOct 2, 2021 12:42 PM
Stonks
Oct 2, 2021 1:39 PM

May 2020
DeMarcK said:
NickCipolla said:

Mind your own word there. This is an anime movie made to entertain people, and they deserve something in return to create more. Stop spreading your toxicity because no one cares about your nonsense. Your forum question said pretty much that you did not look for any research at all and further created a forum to show your ignorance and stupidity asking dumb questions about the series. Please, get some help.

Actually, its made to make money off people like you. Sorry that the truth hurts you kiddo. If they truly cared about the story building they wouldnt have rushed this movie out. Instead they would have put YEARS into fleshing out a season of it. Theres a reason no seasons of SAO are above an 8. Your inferior taste in anime correlates to how inferior of a person you are
Oct 2, 2021 1:56 PM
Jul 2021
NickCipolla said:
DeMarcK said:

Actually, its made to make money off people like you. Sorry that the truth hurts you kiddo. If they truly cared about the story building they wouldnt have rushed this movie out. Instead they would have put YEARS into fleshing out a season of it. Theres a reason no seasons of SAO are above an 8. Your inferior taste in anime correlates to how inferior of a person you are

If they really make money out of me but I was happy watching it then I would have no problem with that. I even tried to support the creators by buying books, as you can see I am a light novel reader. So what should I feel bad about? Or is it just you showing out your own delusional thoughts, thinking that people who support this series has no taste?

Heh, now you show your true color. You are no different to the people who tries to step on other to feel superior. You are those self-proclaimed “superior anime fans” who thinks they have “better taste than people”. Calling people “kiddo”. Yuck.

Oh well, looks like I have exposed your cover good. And toxic people like you I will never argue with because there’s no valid point coming from you people. Have a good day sir.

P/S: I hope you are not that toxic and got so triggered that you change all your ratings for SAO from 7 and 8 to 1. But if you do that I cannot stop you, it’s your right to give it a 1 whenever you “want” to. What that action would do is just reflecting your own toxicity even clearer than it already was.
DeMarcKOct 3, 2021 6:23 AM
Stonks
Oct 28, 2021 6:07 AM

Sep 2020
hazarddex said:

Its not yet announced if its going to be a series of movies yet, I mean just think about it they decide to do that then they will have to make 75 movies and thats just impossible.
If this does make an impact we might(low chance) get sequels as seasonal anime
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 28, 2021 6:09 AM

Sep 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Its obviously not gonna be movie sequels, cuz then they would have to make like 75 movies
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 28, 2021 6:16 AM

Oct 2020
l--_--l said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Its obviously not gonna be movie sequels, cuz then they would have to make like 75 movies
ppl don't try to understand and ask such idiotic questions.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Oct 28, 2021 7:31 AM

Sep 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
When did I ask a question?
Oh I am hyped up too, but sadly I cant watch on theatres and so I will have to wait for the BD
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 29, 2021 6:33 PM

May 2014
l--_--l said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

aaaand, you were wrong. sequel movie just announced
Oct 29, 2021 8:23 PM

Sep 2020
arvin_1219 said:
l--_--l said:

No, nothing like that was annouced, not yet at least.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 30, 2021 2:07 AM
Jul 2021
l--_--l said:
arvin_1219 said:

People who had watched it said that the announcement was made within the movie. I guess that’s where the sequel information comes from for now
Stonks
Oct 30, 2021 3:53 AM

Sep 2020
DeMarcK said:
l--_--l said:

People who had watched it said that the announcement was made within the movie. I guess that’s where the sequel information comes from for now
Yeah I got to know about it too, I hope its a seasonal though, waiting half a year extra just for the BDs is painful
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 30, 2021 5:22 AM

Jan 2018
So we'll get 100 movies?
Oct 30, 2021 5:31 AM

Jan 2017
Thorf said:
So we'll get 100 movies?

Aincrad stopped at Floor 75 , so we could potentially get 75+ Movies.

But will they A1 adapt everything ?
In Movie format on top of that ?
To begin with , will the Author even be able to finish the Light Novel ?

A comment in the Movie discussion said that a Sequel was announced at the end of the Movie , but didn't precise what was said exactly.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 30, 2021 5:44 AM

Jul 2016
You tell me, that's what Progressive was supposed to be.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Nov 1, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2020
What the hell are you even talking about? Progressive is a series of many books and not only 1 movie, where did you get this information from xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.