Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 24, 2021 8:46 PM

Sep 2015
Kobeanie said:
The more I watch this anime, the less I like Kawasegawa. She's so opinionated and comes off as arrogant which is pretty funny when you consider that she fails miserably in the future where Nanako - the girl she just rudely tore down - succeeds in the field that Kawasegawa is striving for.

What makes her think that she's important enough to thoughtlessly go at Nanko like that? It's actually really pissed me off!

I wouldn't say shes "arrogant", since she even acknowledges her own mistake, and in the coffee scene she has said that "Nanako had talent that really shines", and other things shes concerned for Nanako and the group, even went as far as saying that "she would leave the group if it causes them TROUBLE" so she is being considerate about putting others at a disadvantage. And from a previous episode she rather had Kyoyas groups film project placed at first place and even directly disagreed with her sister for putting Eiko at first place.

She never threw any insults. Acting nice and dishonest isn't going to knock some sense of reality in Nanako, because Art is not her passion and forte, so shes wasting her time. Nanako would be heading the same path that Kyouya did with his previous future life. That is why shes important and crucial for the story in order to make other character develop and alternate the depth. Eiko is trying to save Nanako from that, and she even notices that Nanako is faking herself being cheerful and happy when shes not, this is implied that Eiko CARES about her.
AhriTheS3xyFoxJul 24, 2021 9:06 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
not a great episode, opening was pretty cringe beach stuff but thankfully it wasn't long

but the pacing is terrible i thought last week was bad but they at least jumped back this time we didn't even get to see any of the project and that wouldn't of been so bad if it didn't serve as a point of us the viewers needing to see Nanako's acting has been lackluster so i couldn't even judge why people were saying she wasn't taking it seriously because we didn't even see it!

gonna suck if this continues to go downhill this season sucks already can't stand anymore shows i somewhat liked turning kinda bad
Jul 24, 2021 9:31 PM

Jan 2020
The pacing was pretty off this episode, lots of jump-cuts. I sort of was under the impression that there was no need for this to have a second season, but this has an ongoing manga, so now I'm not entirely sure what the rush is... either way, it's one of those shows that I want to like, so I'll at least stick with it until the end and see what happens.

I was okay with how they handled the train station thing, but I'm disappointed the beach and nighttime filming were completely glazed over and then we didn't get to see a finished product. Seeing the technical aspects and production side of their studies is really what I want to see more of. Them arguing with one another over and over only goes so far.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 24, 2021 9:32 PM

May 2021
Well I didnt like this episode either. At least I think that the writing has its heart in the right place, but there is no need to fill the time with uneventful and monotonous dialogue and bland anecdotes. There is too much focus in the MC way of solving when this could have been perfectly narrated by another POV and with such be way better in terms of impact. I know that this is supposed to be the remake of the MCs life, but then don't try to make him solve every fucking problem in the world. Instead of producing pointless and repetitive drama, change the topic a bit. Idk seems weak

Jul 24, 2021 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
Kyouya x Nanako might not be so bad!
3/5.

Jul 24, 2021 11:57 PM

Sep 2020
Filled the loli part!
Jul 25, 2021 1:16 AM

May 2011
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Acting nice and dishonest isn't going to knock some sense of reality in Nanako, because Art is not her passion and forte, so shes wasting her time. Nanako would be heading the same path that Kyouya did with his previous future life. That is why shes important and crucial for the story in order to make other character develop and alternate the depth. Eiko is trying to save Nanako from that, and she even notices that Nanako is faking herself being cheerful and happy when shes not, this is implied that Eiko CARES about her.

So what if Art is not her passion? Passion doesn't mean it has to be your forte/work. Like I said in my previous post I love cycling to death but I didn't want it to be my life career. Pushing passion/talent to be their only path is just dumb. How many anime have you seen where a talented child was pushed to despair cause they were only allowed to do what they were talented at? Not saying this was the case for Nanako, but Eiko's line of thinking is just wrong. Just because you're less passionate about something doesn't mean you're not allowed to do that said thing.
Jul 25, 2021 1:59 AM

Jan 2021
Damm, legal loli or is she just pretend & fool everyone. But considering the studio, I know. XD
Jul 25, 2021 3:12 AM
Aug 2020
ImmortalZero said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Acting nice and dishonest isn't going to knock some sense of reality in Nanako, because Art is not her passion and forte, so shes wasting her time. Nanako would be heading the same path that Kyouya did with his previous future life. That is why shes important and crucial for the story in order to make other character develop and alternate the depth. Eiko is trying to save Nanako from that, and she even notices that Nanako is faking herself being cheerful and happy when shes not, this is implied that Eiko CARES about her.

So what if Art is not her passion? Passion doesn't mean it has to be your forte/work. Like I said in my previous post I love cycling to death but I didn't want it to be my life career. Pushing passion/talent to be their only path is just dumb. How many anime have you seen where a talented child was pushed to despair cause they were only allowed to do what they were talented at? Not saying this was the case for Nanako, but Eiko's line of thinking is just wrong. Just because you're less passionate about something doesn't mean you're not allowed to do that said thing.

Agreed. People usually have more than one thing they are passionate about, and yet they usually keep them as hobbies instead of pursuing them as a career. And that doesn't mean that they are doomed to be miserable deep down or unsuccessful.

Plus, I don't think that shows Kawasegawa cares about Nanako. I think it just shows she likes to push her own opinions on people. Why would you care about someone who is not even your friend? I couldn't care less about classmates I do projects with, and I don't see why anyone would care about me. I can also clearly tell that many of them neither like what we are doing nor are they talented for it. They often lag the whole team and are just a pain in the ass to work with. And yet, I wouldn't just go ahead and tell them "you're clearly not 100% in this, drop out or change your major" because 1. I don't care, 2. nobody asked for my opinion. This is comp sci, not art, but the same logic applies.

Edit: Also 3. It's just rude because people in college are adults responsible for their own lives and you're implying that they are too stupid to figure it out themselves.

Edit 2: What also shows she doesn't care is the fact she went to Kyouya instead of Nanako. That implies she cares about her image and not about the fact she was a bitch for no reason. If she went to Nanako and apologized and explained herself, I would cut her some slack. But she went to Kyouya and was like oof I feel kinda bad, I should probably leave the team, unless you think otherwise *two fingers touching*. It's so pathetic and I have no simpathy for her.
Yoru-chinJul 25, 2021 3:23 AM
Jul 25, 2021 5:07 AM
Mar 2021
Maybe just me but does anyone notice the anti-harem/fanservice brigade have started to become a bit louder since last weeks episode?

Jul 25, 2021 5:14 AM

May 2020
Yoru-chin said:
ImmortalZero said:

Agreed. People usually have more than one thing they are passionate about, and yet they usually keep them as hobbies instead of pursuing them as a career. And that doesn't mean that they are doomed to be miserable deep down or unsuccessful.

Plus, I don't think that shows Kawasegawa cares about Nanako. I think it just shows she likes to push her own opinions on people. Why would you care about someone who is not even your friend? I couldn't care less about classmates I do projects with, and I don't see why anyone would care about me. I can also clearly tell that many of them neither like what we are doing nor are they talented for it. They often lag the whole team and are just a pain in the ass to work with. And yet, I wouldn't just go ahead and tell them "you're clearly not 100% in this, drop out or change your major" because 1. I don't care, 2. nobody asked for my opinion. This is comp sci, not art, but the same logic applies.

Edit: Also 3. It's just rude because people in college are adults responsible for their own lives and you're implying that they are too stupid to figure it out themselves.

Edit 2: What also shows she doesn't care is the fact she went to Kyouya instead of Nanako. That implies she cares about her image and not about the fact she was a bitch for no reason. If she went to Nanako and apologized and explained herself, I would cut her some slack. But she went to Kyouya and was like oof I feel kinda bad, I should probably leave the team, unless you think otherwise *two fingers touching*. It's so pathetic and I have no simpathy for her.

even then she was roasting nanako's ass at a party lol who does that? and is not like they came in sec or third. they won he bloody thing so why is she criticizing her that hard?
Jul 25, 2021 6:43 AM

Aug 2020
I was about to flip if Kyouya was the one that got slapped by Kawasegawa. Interesting how Kawasegawa joining the group has already brought so much tension, with her fighting with Tsurayuki over the script and particularly the confrontation with Nanako. But I'm kind of glad she confronted Nanako so that she'll finally take the steps to seriously pursue music, I'm guessing Kyouya will eventually bring forth an idea that surrounds music where she can really show her skills.

I hope Tsurayuki doesn't get into an accident, I felt them pointing out how tired he was doing back-to-back shifts and riding a motorcycle was raising some flag, I don't think he'll die or anything lol but it just feels like he'll get hurt.

Jul 25, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2019
Can't find a lot of positives about the episode, it felt like a filler.
Jul 25, 2021 7:17 AM

Sep 2017
The drama in this show is so bad lmao. We've spent 1 school project worth of time together (off screen) but let me be your shrink right quick. Hmm I wonder if there was something the show could have done to let us see Nanako's "bad" acting? I just can't think of anything. But man that super impassioned, in the moment singing! That was great... at least I assume it was supposed to be, but you know...
ProofByColorJul 31, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 25, 2021 9:15 AM

May 2018
So this is the beach episode from the OP haha
Jul 25, 2021 9:55 AM
Jul 2019
Kawasegawa is a bad character. Não sei se posso escrever em português, porém, vou fazê-lo. Meu inglês não é bom o suficiente. Deletem se quiserem. Ela representa o caminho errado para desenvolver outros personagens, pois é agressiva, rude e metida. Geralmente, personagens assim são os piores na minha opinião. E a forma como ela tratou a companheira e a passividade do personagem principal só me levam a crer que ele é um fraco. Um fracassado já sei que ele é, pois precisou consertar o próprio caminho voltando no tempo em 10 anos. Se a Kawasegawa continuar fazendo esse estrago, não terei motivos para continuar acompanhando essa série.
Jul 25, 2021 1:17 PM

Jun 2019
Yoru-chin said:
I don't understand the excuses people make for Kawasegawa. Even if she was right about what she said, there are so many things wrong regarding the way she went about saying it.

They were sitting there having a good time celebrating, and Nanako was handling the hit she took like a champ, honestly. Personally, my ego would probably be shattered. People have different ways of dealing with things, and that should be respected. Just because you like to cry and yell it out, doesn't mean that it's the absolute solution to dealing with failure. Some people prefer to be left alone to think stuff through, and there is no point in changing something that works for them.

Kawasegawa knows basically zero things about Nanako, but she went ahead to be a party pooper and be so rude to a person for... her own satisfaction? Justice? Art? Not friendship for sure. She could have said it in private, she could have listened to her feelings, or she could have just left her alone to figure it out herself. Saying it in front of everyone is basically like saying you are too stupid to figure it out yourself, you're ruining your life (in my personal opinion and I'm always right), so I have to embarrass you in front of everyone and push you into a corner to figure your life out because you are incapable of doing it otherwise.

Kawasegawa went ahead and voiced an opinion nobody asked for in the rudest and dumbest way possible. Her execution gave off "people hate me because I'm so honest" energy. No, Stacy, you're just a bitch.

And to top it all off, instead of going to Nanako and apologizing, she went to Kyouya so we get to see that she had the "right intentions". If I were Nanako, there is no way in hell I would be able to *not* hold any grudges.

And let's not even get into the reaction by everyone else... immensely stupid. In real life, even if you think you know what's best for someone else, nobody will appreciate hearing your opinion when not asked about it (so not only the person in question, nobody). You will be that annoying person in the group that seems to have a superiority complex and annoys the shit out of everyone. And yeah, I do think Kawasegawa has a superiority complex. And don't give me that boohoo she is an artist and appreciates and fights for art bull, please. All of these characters are artists, aren't they?

Unrelated to this, the show seems to be getting worse, which honestly makes me sad as the first few episodes got my hopes up. People have pointed out the obligatory beach episode that revolves around boobs, a 2000 years old ahem I mean a few years older loli senpai, and the upcoming maid cafe episode... yay... -.- And honestly, the only likable people in the show so far seem to be Tsurayuki and Nanako, at least for me.

Edit: There are two reasons why I think everyone's reaction to the situation was stupid.

First, nobody jumped in to say "hey, how about you two talk in private" or "hey, I don't think that this is the right time or place for this conversation" and diffuse the situation. At least the beta simp Kyouya knew that Nanako was hurt ever since she saw the other group's movie, so he would have been the right person to say this. The right reaction by others would have probably been "yo calm down, why are you being so rude all of a sudden".

The second thing that bothered me is that nobody went after her. So you won't let her figure out her career by herself, but you will leave her alone to deal with her feelings and not even check if she's alright? They are not as close with Kawasegawa as they are with each other, so even though/if Kawasegawa was right, nobody decided to take Nanako's side. At the end of the day, you are supposed to support your friends and defend them in front of everyone even if they are doing something you don't agree with (and don't take this out of context, I don't mean support them in addiction or crime or whatever). You can express your concerns *to your friend privately*, but ultimately, you're not the one living their life. Kawasegawa is not her friend and the lame excuses for friends she has decided not to have her back.

Beta simp Kyouya did at least say at some point that she was trying and practicing with him, but Kawasegawa was like "well you ain't trying hard enough wimp". The audacity on this bitch, I just can't. And the fact that nobody said anything to that either... I would throw hands honestly.

Edit 2: I would also like to add that I have noticed Kyouya's savior complex growing over time. He is becoming the other side of the coin that Kawasegawa is the face of, so I see why they will probably end up together in one way or another, romantically or as coworkers, once Kyouya reaches her level.

^^^This 1000%^^^
Jul 25, 2021 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
I'm not sure what was more dramatic. This episode or this discussion thread for said episode? ^^;

If there's one criticism I would say about this episode, it would be the pacing. This is where I think ditching the OP/ED would've helped the pacing here a bit better, but alas, it was not meant to be.

The main talking point of the episode (sadly not the obligatory beach scene, based on the OP animation, which was sexy as always!) was the thick tension at the karaoke booth after the group won with their assignment.

Kawasegawa was spot on with criticising Nananko over her acting abilities and why she didn't pursue singing instead, but the way she voiced her opinion about it did cross the line. Nothing wrong with talking about criticisms after all, but with the way Kawasegawa being incredibly serious about her work, she only succeeded in making the whole thing worse for everyone rather than making things better. At least she realised that she went too far later into the episode and felt regretful about it all, but what's done is done now.

Thanks to a certain Loli-senpai, Keiko, who wanted to recruit Kyouya into her small gaming circle, he was able to use his skills to help Nanako to break out of her shell of depression by playing an edited song that made it sound like it was Nanako herself singing it. Nanako's smile at the end was really sweet, though. =)

Here's hoping the next episode's pacing is better, as I want to see Nanako at her best again. The poor girl deserves it.
Jul 25, 2021 7:44 PM

Sep 2015
ImmortalZero said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

You're completely disregarding the approach the anime is trying to do, because Kyouya chose an average salaryman career only because he thinks it's stable and viable, over going to art school that hes has more passionate and could excel more on. Thats why there is a time leap for him to redo life to where he is now. For Nanakos case, it's the same. Thats why the Author decided for Eiko to step in for her to change her path and gain the confidence to sing and do what she truly loves.If Eiko never existed, where do you think Nanako will be in now? The truth hurts but it's the only way Nanako can be aware of her situation, and decide her future.
AhriTheS3xyFoxJul 25, 2021 8:06 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 25, 2021 7:49 PM

Sep 2015
Yoru-chin said:
ImmortalZero said:

Frankly same thing can be said about many other anime and scenarios in general, people in anime don't interact, and act the same way as people do in real life/college life,even in slice of life genres, thats the whole point as to why we watch it. It's to satisfy our perspective ideals that can never be obtained in real life.It's not uncommon to find odd things or unlikely scenario and drama in anime that don't happen in real life.

Eiko made bold moves respecting Kyouyas group film, going as far as clapping and respecting their work.

Making things too realistic can be very boring

And Nanako still needed time to cooldown,Nanako was not even willing to listen to Kyouya as it was shown Kyouya showing her own singing through a bit of editing from his laptop. That shows that Nanako still needed time to cool off. Eiko can't simply just barge in and talk it out with her, she still needed space.
AhriTheS3xyFoxJul 25, 2021 11:14 PM

Jul 26, 2021 1:26 AM
Aug 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
ImmortalZero said:

You're completely disregarding the approach the anime is trying to do, because Kyouya chose an average salaryman career only because he thinks it's stable and viable, over going to art school that hes has more passionate and could excel more on. Thats why there is a time leap for him to redo life to where he is now. For Nanakos case, it's the same. Thats why the Author decided for Eiko to step in for her to change her path and gain the confidence to sing and do what she truly loves.If Eiko never existed, where do you think Nanako will be in now? The truth hurts but it's the only way Nanako can be aware of her situation, and decide her future.

Ok I may misremember the details here, but his dream job *has always been* to work in game dev, no? He went to college, and yeah he did go around working as a salary man, but then he finally decided to pursue his dream and went to Kawasegawa's company and excelled. And then due to certain circumstances, that were definitely not his fault, he lost his job. He then got an opportunity to remake his life and go to art school instead and thought I wonder what my life would have been if I was on the other side, one of the creators, so he chose art school. The reason why he applied was because he was inspired by the big creators, not because he was passionate about it in particular, from what I understood.

Therefore, it's not like he never pursued his dreams before the remake. And also, Kawasegawa, Nanako, and Aki were were popular as they were known as the scenario writer, singer N@NA and design artist Shinoaki from the first episode. He was excited to be roommates with the 2 because he realized who they *were to become*. They all clearly did pursue their dreams eventually. But now we see Kyouya trying to "save" them by convincing Shinoaki to continue to draw and (together with Kawasegawa) Nanako to continue to sing. We don't know if Kawasegawa did that before the remake. Did she, instead of Kyouya, do the same convincing with Shinoaki?

Anyway, I think we both argued here that Kawasegawa's behavior and logic made no sense. And the excuse for illogical plot shouldn't be "it's anime" or "it was necessary". It's not even a creative illogical plot (at least not so far), so what is its redeeming quality in the end? It's just bad plot. It was all sudden and unnatural and she came off as rude and patronizing.

If all of them (or at least someone else besides Kyouya, like Kawasegawa) were also remaking their life, that might fix this plot. Maybe Nanako thought what if I went into acting instead of singing etc. That would actually be kind of interesting with all these weird and awkward interactions.
Jul 26, 2021 2:07 AM
Aug 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Yoru-chin said:

Frankly same thing can be said about many other anime and scenarios in general, people in anime don't interact, and act the same way as people do in real life/college life,even in slice of life genres, thats the whole point as to why we watch it. It's to satisfy our perspective ideals that can never be obtained in real life.It's not uncommon to find odd things or unlikely scenario and drama in anime that don't happen in real life.

Eiko made bold moves respecting Kyouyas group film, going as far as clapping and respecting their work.

Making things too realistic can be very boring

And Nanako still needed time to cooldown,Nanako was not even willing to listen to Kyouya as it was shown Kyouya showing her own singing through a bit of editing from his laptop. That shows that Nanako still needed time to cool off. Eiko can't simply just barge in and talk it out with her, she still needed space.

Okay, this might just boil down to differences in tastes. In my opinion, the concept doesn't justify bad execution unless it is a revolutionary concept. And also, a good execution of a simple concept can be very enticing. So even a very realistic plot can be interesting with a good enough execution. In my opinion, this episode was both a bad concept and a bad execution.

What was the point of the event?
One goal may have been to convince Nanako to pursue singing more seriously. Okay. Why Kawasegawa and not any of her friends? Why at a party? Why not in private? Why in such an extraordinary manner? Why not apologize to Nanako instead of Kyouya (she does not know how down Nanako is feeling, and if she does, it makes it even worse that she didn't go to her)? As I said, there may be a plot development later on where we see answers to some of these questions and it all makes some sense or point in the end. Otherwise, it just seems like a tacky addition to a beach episode so that it's not just an ordinary beach episode.
Another goal may have been for us to see Kawasegawa become a part of the group. I can name at least ten better ways this could have been done. This execution managed to fulfill that goal as she seems to have become a part of the group now, but in the dumbest way possible. Every single plot development that resulted in response to the interaction between characters was illogical. The most logic we got was in the beach part of the episode when Kawasegawa slapped Tsurayuki instead of Kyouya. And again, we come to my personal taste, which is that I won't settle for a dumb plot. I don't want to *imagine* missing interactions and exchanges just because I see some things from my point of view. My pov should help me understand the characters better and the things they do, and this show seems to be using it just to fill in some holes and compensate for bad writing.
And finally, a goal may have been to just reinstate Kawasegawa's personality. We already saw that she was kinda full of herself, kinda rude, and very devoted to art. So why? And why in such a dumb way?

Anyway, as I said, this may change with some plot development in the future.

Edit: I would just like to add that, even though this sounds like a harsh and nitpicky critique, my ultimate impression of the show probably (and hopefully) won't be that bad.
Yoru-chinJul 26, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 26, 2021 6:32 AM

Apr 2012
sorry but when Eiko told Nanako 'u suck at acting but ur singing is good' in my mind Nanako was like
"becose i had a good voice my family wanted me to become a singer and hired music teachers even though i was tone-deaf, i actually wanted to become a actress all along even though i was bad at it, u dont know how i feel"

in the end she actually wanted to become a singer.... BORING PLOT
Jul 26, 2021 7:17 AM

Feb 2021
Yet another banger of an episode. I was quite surprised at the beginning of the episode. We're only 4 episodes in and the beach/fan-service episode is already here???? but then it lasts about 2 minutes. That said though, 2 minutes are what I need.

Damn Kawasegawa's words are harsh. She is lecturing Nanako but she is being a jerk about it. Now that we know why Kawasegawa scolds Nanako, I kinda get where she's coming from. I'm hoping she'll apologize to Nanako next week.

I'm kinda lost here, can someone help me? So, in the end, does Nanako suck at singing or nah? It's implied that she's tone-deaf, but others praise her? Not to mention Kawasegawa also praises her and holds her to a high degree.

That being said, let's gooooo!!!!

Edit: what the fuck is going on in this thread.
Yuu_KanzakiJul 26, 2021 7:20 AM
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 26, 2021 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
The only thing I appreciate in this ep is teh beach scene, the rest is....boring
Jul 26, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Yet another banger of an episode. I was quite surprised at the beginning of the episode. We're only 4 episodes in and the beach/fan-service episode is already here???? but then it lasts about 2 minutes. That said though, 2 minutes are what I need.

Damn Kawasegawa's words are harsh. She is lecturing Nanako but she is being a jerk about it. Now that we know why Kawasegawa scolds Nanako, I kinda get where she's coming from. I'm hoping she'll apologize to Nanako next week.

I'm kinda lost here, can someone help me? So, in the end, does Nanako suck at singing or nah? It's implied that she's tone-deaf, but others praise her? Not to mention Kawasegawa also praises her and holds her to a high degree.

wym whats going on?
idk wym by a banger?, its so so ep. Kawasegawa was out of line with that part, regardless if she's a friend to her ( but the anime didnt tell us that they are friends) u cant do that because:
- ur team won so we dont need to argue anything on that day.
- they having a party but she had the audacity to criticize nanako in front of her friends. literally ruins the whole mood lmao. u dont do that
and the funny thing is she wont apologize to her because why? she legit met with hashiba just to tell him that she felt sorry for her lol then why are angry at her at that moment? and as well hasiba said that its nanako's problem. im sorry that gotta be the stupidest thing ive heard.
Jul 26, 2021 11:27 AM
Jul 2019
This feels like a Harem anime, not just romance. The main protagonist is ending up with every single girl worshipping him by this rate.

And the obligatory fan service in each episode is starting to get on my nerve.
Jul 26, 2021 4:53 PM

Feb 2021
yuzuha_kawaki said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

wym whats going on?
idk wym by a banger?, its so so ep. Kawasegawa was out of line with that part, regardless if she's a friend to her ( but the anime didnt tell us that they are friends) u cant do that because:
- ur team won so we dont need to argue anything on that day.
- they having a party but she had the audacity to criticize nanako in front of her friends. literally ruins the whole mood lmao. u dont do that
and the funny thing is she wont apologize to her because why? she legit met with hashiba just to tell him that she felt sorry for her lol then why are angry at her at that moment? and as well hasiba said that its nanako's problem. im sorry that gotta be the stupidest thing ive heard.
Yeah she is being a jerk about it but it still entertains me so all is well for me.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 26, 2021 8:02 PM

Aug 2019
Yoru-chin said:
I don't understand the excuses people make for Kawasegawa. Even if she was right about what she said, there are so many things wrong regarding the way she went about saying it.

They were sitting there having a good time celebrating, and Nanako was handling the hit she took like a champ, honestly. Personally, my ego would probably be shattered. People have different ways of dealing with things, and that should be respected. Just because you like to cry and yell it out, doesn't mean that it's the absolute solution to dealing with failure. Some people prefer to be left alone to think stuff through, and there is no point in changing something that works for them.

Kawasegawa knows basically zero things about Nanako, but she went ahead to be a party pooper and be so rude to a person for... her own satisfaction? Justice? Art? Not friendship for sure. She could have said it in private, she could have listened to her feelings, or she could have just left her alone to figure it out herself. Saying it in front of everyone is basically like saying you are too stupid to figure it out yourself, you're ruining your life (in my personal opinion and I'm always right), so I have to embarrass you in front of everyone and push you into a corner to figure your life out because you are incapable of doing it otherwise.

Kawasegawa went ahead and voiced an opinion nobody asked for in the rudest and dumbest way possible. Her execution gave off "people hate me because I'm so honest" energy. No, Stacy, you're just a bitch.

And to top it all off, instead of going to Nanako and apologizing, she went to Kyouya so we get to see that she had the "right intentions". If I were Nanako, there is no way in hell I would be able to *not* hold any grudges.

And let's not even get into the reaction by everyone else... immensely stupid. In real life, even if you think you know what's best for someone else, nobody will appreciate hearing your opinion when not asked about it (so not only the person in question, nobody). You will be that annoying person in the group that seems to have a superiority complex and annoys the shit out of everyone. And yeah, I do think Kawasegawa has a superiority complex. And don't give me that boohoo she is an artist and appreciates and fights for art bull, please. All of these characters are artists, aren't they?

Unrelated to this, the show seems to be getting worse, which honestly makes me sad as the first few episodes got my hopes up. People have pointed out the obligatory beach episode that revolves around boobs, a 2000 years old ahem I mean a few years older loli senpai, and the upcoming maid cafe episode... yay... -.- And honestly, the only likable people in the show so far seem to be Tsurayuki and Nanako, at least for me.

Edit: There are two reasons why I think everyone's reaction to the situation was stupid.

First, nobody jumped in to say "hey, how about you two talk in private" or "hey, I don't think that this is the right time or place for this conversation" and diffuse the situation. At least the beta simp Kyouya knew that Nanako was hurt ever since she saw the other group's movie, so he would have been the right person to say this. The right reaction by others would have probably been "yo calm down, why are you being so rude all of a sudden".

The second thing that bothered me is that nobody went after her. So you won't let her figure out her career by herself, but you will leave her alone to deal with her feelings and not even check if she's alright? They are not as close with Kawasegawa as they are with each other, so even though/if Kawasegawa was right, nobody decided to take Nanako's side. At the end of the day, you are supposed to support your friends and defend them in front of everyone even if they are doing something you don't agree with (and don't take this out of context, I don't mean support them in addiction or crime or whatever). You can express your concerns *to your friend privately*, but ultimately, you're not the one living their life. Kawasegawa is not her friend and the lame excuses for friends she has decided not to have her back.

Beta simp Kyouya did at least say at some point that she was trying and practicing with him, but Kawasegawa was like "well you ain't trying hard enough wimp". The audacity on this bitch, I just can't. And the fact that nobody said anything to that either... I would throw hands honestly.

Edit 2: I would also like to add that I have noticed Kyouya's savior complex growing over time. He is becoming the other side of the coin that Kawasegawa is the face of, so I see why they will probably end up together in one way or another, romantically or as coworkers, once Kyouya reaches her level.

This.

Also, don't you love it when you get told how great a short film was or how incredible of a singer a character is, instead of being shown? Man, to think that I had some hopes for this show...
Johnny_MelaslavoJul 26, 2021 8:08 PM
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Jul 26, 2021 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
I dislike people like Eiko so much.
You can say the same things without being an insensitive bitch and causing a psychological trauma to another person. "Oh but saying it nicely wouldn't work, Nanako needs a reality check" stfu pls. If you try hard enough, you can. Dialogue exist for a reason. Words can be used in multiple ways, not just to harm people, but to heal them as well.
But she didn't want to help her, they barely even know each other. She was just envious of her talent, as she said herself to Kyoya.
I don't know, not a fan of this.
Jul 27, 2021 12:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The drama with Nanako's singing ability was quite interesting especially how he fixed it and that she's motivated again but really there is a huge problem with the pacing, it's basically speedrunning at this point :/
Jul 28, 2021 1:14 AM

Dec 2016
Stripping someone naked = wardrobe malfunction
vikki_asaJul 28, 2021 1:21 AM
Jul 29, 2021 9:05 AM
Dec 2018
That's Samurai X op is lit.
Jul 29, 2021 12:41 PM
Aug 2010
Nanakos smile cures cancer 10/10
Jul 31, 2021 6:12 PM

Oct 2020
Eiko is annoying, easily my least favorite character so far. I get what she was trying to do, and her point. However, why ruin the mood in front of everyone so abruptly? Could this have not been a private conversation? I don't care if Nanako needed a reality check. There ARE other ways to handle something like this. This isn't motivation, she's just humiliating her. Not to mention how unrealistic the rest of the groups reactions were. No one even tried to say anything.

Also, a senpai that looks like a child. Ffs.

I was honestly really enjoying this show but this episode wasn't really that good at all. I still like the show as a whole and I hope that the next episodes make sense.
Aug 2, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
what the f is the problem with the senpai that looks like a child? i know plenty of adult girls (from when i was in school) that are 1.50m or less while they also had guys with close to 2m in their class lol
i've actually seen 1 of them recently trying to donate blood and not being able to because "oh you need 1.5m to do it" LOL she was so annoyed "oh we try to help you with things we don't even need to help you with, but all you people do is make dumb rules"
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Aug 8, 2021 5:09 PM

Aug 2017
Beach scenes? + fanservice + a loli appearing out of nowhere + we should feel bad about the girl who punched the MC during her two first appearances bc reasons + Kawasegawa being a bitch despite failing in the future miserably. This anime like to show pointless things but not important scenes like the school project for some reason.

Yes, the anime is out of place 1/5.
NurguburuAug 8, 2021 5:20 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 10, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is getting so good by the more I watch.
Aug 10, 2021 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
I'd like this show a lot more if it wasn't so tropey.
Aug 29, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2021
This anime is going down the drain. I'll stick around cos I still have hope, but not much. I really want this idea of "remaking" your life to work, it has so much untapped emotional potential...
Aug 30, 2021 1:09 PM

Jan 2018
One of my biggest complaints about this show is that character expressions look bland, especially the main character who looks like a side character. A lot of anime has this issue. But in this episode at least I liked how Nanako's expressions looked. It makes sense cause we got to know more about her.
That's about where the improvements end. The pacing felt a lot faster than the last 3 episodes. It felt like I was watching 3 or maybe even 4 episodes worth of material in one setting which is horrible. So many scene cuts and so much happened that should've taken their time. I don't want another studio feel treatment cos this anime's story is special and it’s something you really don't want to fuck up.
Also a legal loli talking in Kansai dialect. Seriously?
Aug 31, 2021 10:32 AM

May 2009
Jesus this show is frustrating. "Oh their performance was good" "Oh that performance was bad". Oh boy, if only you had a piece of media to show us too. I really hate shows that just "tell" you something, show nothing and the main focus is basically what they havent shown you. Kawasegawa is also just a bitch telling an opinion that wasnt asked for. Im not even going to talk about the random loli trope that walked in.
My god. What a trainwreck. Dropped.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 29, 2021 7:57 AM
Jul 2019
Dude, this movie was well made, but I don't understand that, and their acting can be good if it doesn't fit the theme. And how many beautiful moments does this Kyoya still have to have? XD and yet they are also punished by the mere fact that they did nothing. 😂
Sep 29, 2021 9:44 PM

Aug 2018
Nanako was annoying af this episode. I dont like any of the girls in this anime actually. Its basically just a shitty slice of life :/

Oct 6, 2021 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
Kawasegawa sure doesn't mince her words but Nanako definitely needed to hear that as it concerns her career. Good to see Kyoya's future skills aren't wasted as he managed to utilise them to help Nanako

Oct 17, 2021 10:24 AM
Aug 2021
I know that the preferemce of a certain pacing of a story varies among different people, but man, I really cannot keep up with these change of emotions and process the informations crammed in this episode, and when these emotions and informations could only be understood through subtitles, it makes things worse, for example, we have seen people mentioning above about the bland facial expressions, and the fact that they depicted the acting by the yellow hair girl as not being serious through a few lines of dialogues, or using only 2 minutes to cover the whole filming process at a beach.
I also cannot stand anime characters suddenly lecturing others out of nowhere, like that red hair. If anyone just assumes or thinks someone's mindset is of some form without having to interact with this person much or on a deeper level, and on top of that even doesn't care to make it a scene in front of others through confrontation and insults, then it is just pure arrogance, and this really annoyed me. There is no justification or what soever that the red hair understand yellow hair's mind only just by looking at her acting or singing.
At least if they saved the good parts for later and wanted to rush through this beach filming, tone deaf singer arc, it could be acceptable, but this episode is just so bad.
Cabbage_CatOct 17, 2021 9:14 PM
Nov 2, 2021 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
Nanako finally has the motivation to really set her goals for her dream. How stunningly cute!
How they depicted Nanako and Eiko's argument was really engaging to watch.

Keiko on the other hand is still a mystery and her offer was fully turned down, my condolence.

Anyway, I'm glad that there was some character development here as well, thanks to Kawasegawa and Kyouya's honest and straightforward effort.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 16, 2021 4:06 PM

Jun 2020
Hell yeah this beach episode is looking good well for the first part at least

Looks like others took this project way more serious and Nanako seems lost as she wonders why they perform so well, The drama is strong in this one as well

Glad Kyoya fixed this issue or their group will break in someday or so just waiting to happen.
Jan 1, 2022 11:25 PM

Aug 2014
Fanservice at the beach so soon? :o I hope they aren't out of ideas in this anime yet.
That little girl that is older than them... ech.. I really dislike this nonsense.
Overall it was good, but maybe it would be better for the story to speed up and later episodes or season two show their life after school.
I hoped for something better than another high school story.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 3, 2022 3:30 AM

Dec 2013
Kawasegawa wasn't wrong with what she but she could've been a little less harsh. But at least she got cheered up by the end of the episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.