Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 17, 2021 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyouya feels like a proud father with all the work they poured into for their project. Very happy for him and the team and they deserved that little celebration toast.

I hope this is just the beginning and opened up doors to see even more talent. Aki also looked happier than ever and I'm happy for her.
Jul 17, 2021 6:00 AM

Feb 2014
Now everyone is aiming for Kyouya. Kyouya is slowly building his "harem" lol.
Jul 17, 2021 6:02 AM

Apr 2020
So the Video that Team Kitayama made used stop motion, and their video got a rousing response.

Team Kitayama got third place, no doubt Kawasegawa got first place.
Jul 17, 2021 6:02 AM

Apr 2014
Using stop motion to solve the camera problem, very great solution from Kyouya. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
At this point, it looks like that all of the main females characters are interested in Kyouya. 😏 Kyouya also knows their talents and their interests as well. This will lead to a better team relationship in the future. Kyouya will be the one behind and managed the Platinum Era.
δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Jul 17, 2021 6:03 AM

Jun 2019
Not gonna lie, but that was one way to tackle the camera situation that they had in hand. To turn that into a still motion picture using still images and doing all that with just editing takes a lot of skill. Props to Kyouya for his hard work in this. And, they managed to get the third position in the competition, so that's a win in my book.

The team doesn't want to lose to Kyouya or wanna be left out completely. So, they're going to work harder next time which is a great thing to have in a team. Overall, another good episode.

Jul 17, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2017
That was a really creative way to make the film and it was done really well. Too bad they didn't win first place but given the circumstances winning third place is still a great achievement and they are also fired up more than ever. Eiko won first place as expected and I knew it, sensei and Eiko looked quite similar. So they are sisters, looks like they are on good terms too.

Kyouya's relationship with Nanako is progressing smoothly. Eiko is very interested in him too, wonder why thou. Also I'm glad we got more Shino Aki x Kyouya, that last scene was sweet.
Jul 17, 2021 7:29 AM
Mar 2020
That really was a creative to get out of their problem. The anime really cut the fat in the storytelling, because that ninja student who gave a standing ovation had originally a key role in it. Question:

Anybody know which anime theme Nanako sang in karaoke? It really feels familiar, and probably comes a popular anime around that timeline.
Jul 17, 2021 7:32 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly my only complaint is that the episode was over way to quickly.

Still i have to say the characters are doing well so far and it seems that Nanako might be the romantic interest.
Tho from character interactions it's clear Eiko might be interested as well and since she is the only character so far that we know played a roll in the future life of the main she has a good chance.
Her personality seems to be in the way tho, but it will be interesting to see if she changes and how she changes.
Jul 17, 2021 7:34 AM

Jul 2020
Screening is on, and the solution is fairly creative, but guess who suggested this would be a way out last episode? Definitely not obvious at all and pretty sure a lot of others would have guessed that too but the execution of it was surprising!

Feeling some harem vibes - I wonder why when 3 of the girls seems to have their eyes on Kyoya but I digress - but I honestly don't mind a harem that has actual plot rather than speedrunning how many girls like me lmao.

Was I the only one who thought Nanako was gonna sing beautifully and be introduced as the final platinum trio member? Kinda surprised they didn't do that, don't really remember what the platinum trio were known for tbh lol, but I'm hedging my bets that it'll happen soon!

Teachers the sister, okay fair enough thought striking red hair was rare and I guess it runs in the family, but won't biases come into play when grading something subjectively and objectively there were more cheers for kyoya's than eiko's? Seems unfair KYOYA DESERVED THE DUB. Jokes aside, personally think it's better they lost so they can move to improve themselves as we see them doing at the end, saying kyoya's leaving them behind but they won't lose xD
LeviathanHWDJul 17, 2021 7:49 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 17, 2021 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
They are the only two people with the red hair, of course they are sisters lol.
Jul 17, 2021 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again.

They made a pretty nice movie despite their constraints and a pretty creative to solve the problem.

Kawasegawa was very cute when she was talking to her sister (of couse she was), I think she's definitely my favorite so far. I liked her in episode 1 too, I'm just hoping the show doesn't lean too hard on harem tropes or romantic melodrama.

Nanako was singing Sobakasu! I recognized that tune immediately. Looks like she's watched Rurouni Kenshin, I approve. xD

Kyouya saying he loves Shinoaki's art was a very nice scene. :)
Jul 17, 2021 8:26 AM
Dec 2020
so far these 3 episode are good on my opinion. hope it will stay good throughout all the 12 episode.
Jul 17, 2021 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
Nice one Kyouya. That was an interesting and unorthodox way of solving the problem. They deserved all the applause.

Not surprised that the teacher was Eiko's sister since they look alike.

Jul 17, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2021
As I expected, they managed to make the video 0.0
Even Kawasegawa liked it, not bad πŸ˜‚

Hmmm, I wouldn't like this to be a harem, but it looks like it's going to be that...

Decent episode, makes you want to want to watch more (・∀・)
Jul 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Another masterfully done episode. Shinoaki and Kyoya’s convo at the end was so cute, she and Nanako are in a tight battle for best girl rn. I love the fact that we get a slice of life style anime with university students as opposed to the overdone high school tropes. High school is cool and all, but so many of us are a ways removed from it. Especially those that read LNs of which this is an adaptation.
Jul 17, 2021 8:57 AM
Apr 2021
creative kyouya, potential harem!? solid episode.
Jul 17, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
I figured it would be stopmotion, since with the kind of camera they had, there was no other choice. I wish I got glimpses of what Kasegawa's team did at least, or the silent film shown before just to see the level of where the class is in general, and where team Kitayama is in comparison beyond just hearing that they were third.

I really wish this series doesn't turn to a harem but it's already planting seeds for one potentially, so meh.
animejasJul 17, 2021 9:27 AM
Jul 17, 2021 9:31 AM

Sep 2017
Wish they could have actually showed their film start to finish. 3 minutes of time isn't that much to use up... Through and through, the characters in this series are real "anime" characters. The harem is already starting to form. Well I doubt anything will ever come out of that though.
Jul 17, 2021 9:32 AM
Feb 2018
Harem? Boring? Meh?

Hahaha wait until kyouya suddenly goes back to present and everything is fucked up
Jul 17, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Imagine Kyoua being able to fix his life, but in the process he's indriectly gonna cause Shinoaki to fail in some way. Then he's gonna have to travel back to fix it again. Toyko Revengers style xD

And well, well, who would've thought that these two are sisters πŸ™ƒ

Pretty nice episode again. The screening was of course a success and the senpai seem like nice and fun people. Lesbo vibes were already oozing out from YURIka. Coincidence? I don't think so. And girls wearing their shirts like her, with one shoulder hanging out are hot by default.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Jun 2020
That scene that Kyouya & Shino Aki shared was beautiful.

I’ve already liked your drawing from the distant future.β™‘

κ•€ but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
κ•€

Jul 17, 2021 10:04 AM
Sep 2018
I just may have to rethink my position on there being more than one returnee, now that we know more concerning Kawasegawa; her sister being the instructor, and not being at all surprised at what her team produced suggests that she really did develop this skill level without the aid of a rewind.

The heart of Kyouya's solution is pretty much what I'd thought it would be; motion pictures, after all, are a series of still images taken in very close sequence and then displayed in rapid succession...in the pre-digital era anyway. In other words, what i grew up with. So I figured he'd have them take a sequence of pictures and somehow use that as the basis for their final product.
So that, to me, was somewhat of a no-brainer.
Just how they went about all of that, on the other hand...not a no-brainer.
Having the contact information for someone with the technical know-how capable of instructing him over the phone on the still camera work? That was a Chekov's Gun after all, the run-in with the Fine Arts Club.
Organizing it on the fly.
Taking what everyone else produced and working it so everything meshed properly timing-wise with effectively no retakes...once recorded, the audio track was set in stone, one then had to have the still images and graphic art blended together to time correctly with the audio, all of that done using software some ten years earlier in development from what he'd most recently been working with?
Quite impressive.

Bunch of other neat stuff, but breakfast is getting cold...
Jul 17, 2021 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
I wish we could have seen Kawasegawa's team's project, as well as Kyouya's team's project uninterrupted. Oh well, it's nice that they still managed to get 3rd place despite the problems they ran into. Hopefully their future projects run more smoothly. I liked the moments Kyouya shared with Nanako and Shinoaki in this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 17, 2021 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
I loved this episode. I wonder when Kyouya will reveal his past to his friends lol
Jul 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2019
Ooh boy, this was a bit of a rough episode to sit through.

First we don’t get to see Kawasegawa’s film after it was hyped up so much, then we didn’t get to see Kyouya’s film because they were too busy showing what they did to make it, followed by them getting the cliché 3rd placement after receiving the cliché stunned reaction and standing ovation.

For a story about geniuses creating masterpiece films, you would think the author would have put more effort into avoiding tropes and writting the narrative. If you are going to have everyone praise Kyouya and act like what he made was so phenomenal, then we actually have to see what he made so it feels earned.

All of this (and the growing prevalence of his harem) makes me worried about the rest of this anime.
Jul 17, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
This series is so wholesome to watch I love it
And looks like ShinoAki, Nanako & Eiko are showing interest in Kyoya
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 17, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2013
Another 10/10 episode. As someone already said:
Aversa said:
Honestly my only complaint is that the episode was over way to quickly.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 17, 2021 10:42 AM
Feb 2021
Haven't japanese authors heard of a boy and girl being friends? Why is it that in these kind of anime all the girls need to be attracted to the MC? I don't want this to turn into a harem or love triangle
Jul 17, 2021 10:54 AM

Oct 2020
One of the few shows that everyone is best girl.

Jul 17, 2021 10:59 AM
News Team
Jun 2017
This is turning into one of your my favorite shows for this season. I liked the idea of using a stop motion rather than just using the digital camera to record the whole film, Also was he referring to NicoNico when he talked about the Japan-only video site?
Jul 17, 2021 11:02 AM
Feb 2021
This dude just caught 3 in 1
Jul 17, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2020
Another amazing episode. I'm not sure that I can point out anything that I disliked. The pacing feels so good too, I don't know why but it's just so good. The art and animation are what I would want them to be.

I just hope this anime continues to be this good.
some people...
Jul 17, 2021 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
They got me with the credits. I thought it was their film, which I loved!
Jul 17, 2021 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
Each and every episode just makes me love this show even more. I love how nicely competitive they are with one another. A great touch there.
Jul 17, 2021 12:27 PM

May 2021
meh another anime for people to escape from reality, extremely boring and pandering episode. also the solution to the problem was extremely obvious, no wonder the teacher didnt see that much of quality on it if it wasnt intentional

Jul 17, 2021 12:56 PM

Jul 2019
I was just like Aki in the past, liked creative writing and translations from foreign languages but when I began to study at the university at the Faculty of Journalism I felt that to be good in it as a worker I have to fit in the model that choked me on many levels (mostly about building social relationships as a foundation) so I dropped my learning and up to this day I can't find a place in the sun.

Nice job by Kyouya in this episode, he's fully uses a newly acquired leader's potential.

Yes, this anime is a colourful ticket to Wonderland where everything resonates with the heart and I like those type of stories that help you to turn away from the imperfection of the world. Ready to be deceived and on to the very end of the series.
Jul 17, 2021 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
olokinprime said:
Question:

Anybody know which anime theme Nanako sang in karaoke? It really feels familiar, and probably comes a popular anime around that timeline.

"Sobakasu (そばかす)" by JUDY AND MARY (Rurouni Kenshin first Opening).
Jul 17, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2017
Nanako singing the Rurouni Kenshin Opening there just hit me with a wave of nostalgia. lol This was a nice episode.
Jul 17, 2021 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
It was a great episode, but I gotta complain about not showing the short film Kawasegawa made. It was backed up with a lot of hype by Kawasegawa herself and was pretty competitive about it towards Kyouya that she would win and in the end we don't get to see a single second of it. Kind of a shame really.

So the sensei is also a Kawasegawa, the elder sister. The hair and eyes kind of gave it away, but I initially thought it was her mother.

The moment of Kyouya convincing Shinoaki to not quit art was really sweet, I loved that!
Jul 17, 2021 2:04 PM

May 2021
Proud of Kyoya and his amazing short film. Happy people are accepting his talent. Glad Shino Aki seems happy as well. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
NANAKO SINGING RUROUNI KENSHIN OPENING!

that was amazing, i liked this anime, and now even more!
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Jul 17, 2021 2:38 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode. They managed it with pictures instead of a video. Kyoya is pretty smart. And their teacher is Eiko's big sister lmao. I thought that it was her mother. The club members are pretty fun.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 17, 2021 2:45 PM

Feb 2008
olokinprime said:
That really was a creative to get out of their problem. The anime really cut the fat in the storytelling, because that ninja student who gave a standing ovation had originally a key role in it. Question:

Sobakasu by Judy and Mary.
Rurouni Kenshin opening theme.
Jul 17, 2021 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
Jul 17, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Nice thinking by Kyoya with his improvised idea which impress the chief. Even if they got 3rd place its big, because of handicapped.

Kyoya getting closer to his housemates like Nanako and ShinoAki. Overall best episode yet

Jul 17, 2021 4:08 PM
Jul 2021
Shinoaki still the best girl for me
Jul 17, 2021 4:09 PM

Jun 2021
Good episode. Really felt like watching VN adaptation during this episode, with each girl getting getting a scene with Kyouya. Love all the VAs too.

Jul 17, 2021 4:15 PM

Nov 2017
Oh man, I like this anime. Idk my tears a bit cutting onion xD

Jul 17, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
what a good episode really gave them time to finish and those movies that they made were amazing.
Jul 17, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2020
Holy crap i'm in love with this show, if it can keep up, it'll be my first 10/10 of the year.

Shino aki is just super duper cute and I really want Kyoya to get closer to her, it just makes sense.

Also that short movie presentation was great, well done Kyoya on that.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.