Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2021 8:48 AM

Nov 2020
I thought Yuni was a homie, i fucking hate him now.
Jan 15, 2021 1:33 PM

Dec 2019
The MC makes me consider dropping the show, because of how annoying he is
Jan 15, 2021 1:34 PM

Dec 2019
DonnieJoestar said:
I thought Yuni was a homie, i fucking hate him now.

Same, he annoyed me so much this episode
Jan 15, 2021 4:21 PM

Nov 2019
be4 said:
Well everything seems kind of fasted forward and surprise, surprise Haijima is turning more into a pain...

Yeah, he's back to his old habits again.. In that scene you can see how his facial expression goes from surprise when he first notices him, to anger when he realizes what's going on, and then apathy as he looks away..

I hope they'll explore this toxic quality of his more.. Like where it's coming from..
Jan 15, 2021 5:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I get that it is a prologue but it doesn't excuse the fact that it felt way too goddamn fast.
Also, fuck Yuni.
Jan 15, 2021 7:44 PM
Dec 2019
Seems like volleyball is gonna be a subplot, i'm all for it. The rating is dipping quite a lot, seems a bit undeserved imo
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 15, 2021 11:15 PM
Jul 2020
Looking closely I noticed they have no Libero in their court neither in the benches, both the team
Jan 15, 2021 11:25 PM

Mar 2017
dark-chaos said:
this anime actually 10x better than Haikyuu!!

- no wasting time for repeat comedic
- no full season just for training arc
- straight to the idea
also I like the fact they focus on character development rather than stupid support tricks and supper moves

if all support anime like this would be cool

So you like an aniime with no depth straight into drama, action with no character building good to know..... I don't even like Haikyuu, but these complains seem terrible.
Jan 16, 2021 12:15 AM

Apr 2012
Really liking the transparency of emotions that Kuroba is expressing.

As for pacing, I'm taking in the story as it happens. I'm hoping they introduced this friction in the relationship very early in the season in order to spend more time on how Kuroba and Hajima develop their friendship from here.

ED comments: Love the off-pitch vocals in the ending. A great way to illustrate sincerity.
I feel like there's something more important I should be doing.
Jan 16, 2021 1:40 AM

Jan 2011
Brandon2149 said:
dark-chaos said:
this anime actually 10x better than Haikyuu!!

- no wasting time for repeat comedic
- no full season just for training arc
- straight to the idea
also I like the fact they focus on character development rather than stupid support tricks and supper moves

if all support anime like this would be cool

So you like an aniime with no depth straight into drama, action with no character building good to know..... I don't even like Haikyuu, but these complains seem terrible.

idk what you mean by character building when only 2 episodes aired, anyway I didn't write my complaint on Haikyuu specifically it's meant for all sport anime in general

and when I said 'it's 10x better' that depends on what I saw in this anime within 2 episodes compared with what I saw from Haikyuu in first 2 episodes, and I think I am free to write my opinion here, also I didn't ask anyone to accept what I said

Idk why MAL members can't accept that there is in the world someone with different taste than them
dark-chaosJan 16, 2021 1:43 AM
Jan 16, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2017
I fairly enjoyed this episode. This is way more fast paced than haikyuu. The story is pretty good too. We'll just have to see how it wraps up in tweve episodes
Jan 16, 2021 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
the tournament has started, I hope the yuni and hajima win

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 16, 2021 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
This anime is prob gonna be way more drama than sports, I understand yet I don't know what to think of it so far.
Jan 16, 2021 11:46 AM
Nov 2015
WoW the score is so underserving

For real haykuu fans are extreme, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT HAYKUU, this is a drama sport anime ... DRAMA

There is even a review with a 4 of only two episodes, they dont know the 3 episodes rule ? Leaving a review before 3 episodes should be consider a crime, the anime is not bad , is just the typical comedy fluffy one

I dislike yuni so much in the lapse of a single episode, thats nice writing, he was a cute fluffy friend un episode one and a backstabber on 2nd one AND IS REALISTIC, they are freaking kids !!!!

Kids !!!! Of course they are envy of the talented kid, they want to be Him, human emotions are not always Happy go round ones ...

I want to still watching this, at leats 3 episodes before dropping, but until NOW in invested EVEN THO I HATE DRAMA ... This show has my attention, so i Will go on
Jan 16, 2021 12:46 PM

May 2020
this_shit_again said:
be4 said:
Well everything seems kind of fasted forward and surprise, surprise Haijima is turning more into a pain...

Yeah, he's back to his old habits again.. In that scene you can see how his facial expression goes from surprise when he first notices him, to anger when he realizes what's going on, and then apathy as he looks away..

I hope they'll explore this toxic quality of his more.. Like where it's coming from..

Great that someone noticed that, cause everyone seems kind of angry at Yuni, like Haijima didn't do anything!
Jan 16, 2021 5:36 PM
Mar 2019
Yea ppl was right, this was way too fast paced and I barely even know the rest of the team
Jan 16, 2021 6:17 PM
Oct 2020
It's official, he is the star of the show.

Jan 16, 2021 6:52 PM
Jan 2021
A REMINDER PEOPLE:AS OF NOW EP2 IS MIDDLE SCHOOL, THE TITLE IS SEIIN HIGHSCHOOL VOLLEYBALL, AND TEAM NAME RIGHT NOW IS NOT SEIIN, THIS IS THE OPENING ARC NOT THE TOURNAMENT ARC
Jan 16, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2019
Everyone keeps saying this is fast paced but remember this is not seiin team it is the junior high team like the team hinata put together in episode 1. If you want to compare it to haikyuu this is like the first episode of haikyuu aka the junior high level .
Jan 17, 2021 1:49 AM
Oct 2019
Ahh i see so this is still middle School huh .. so this is not even Seiin High school yet..

Damn so we got depressing MC here lol
Got so overconfident on one match and then got destroyed on the next match...
And thinking Haijima can carry the team alone.. calm down boy..lmao

I'm sure next episode they gonna time skip into Seiin Highschool...
Jan 17, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2016
Yuni did a 180° this episode. Wasn't expecting him to be this shitty but at least, he acknowledged he did bad in the end.
Jan 17, 2021 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
Tbh I don't mind about the pace of this episode. I didn't expect the tournament was going to be held so soon, but it was a good thing.

About Yuni, I think his actions were comprehensible because he had never played before, and he probably felt the pressure after his good performance in the first match. And the fact that Haijima said he didn't know how to help him cause he never felt like that before didn't help either.

The problem to me was that the team as a whole didn't talk about what happened in the second match. Haijima is so experienced they thought he could play alone - a big mistake. And Haijima is so op in middle school that I don't know if he understands his teammate's feelings at all. I blame all of them, to be honest. Yeah, Yuni's attitude was probably the worst, but it's not like the others did everything right.
Jan 18, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2012
Ah, so that IS the Fukui accent. I thought it was in the first episode, because the way they talk reminded me of Arata from Chihayafuru.

I'm having a hard time connecting with the characters. Yuni is like "I don't care what people say about you, bro" and two minutes later he's dissing him? Hmmm... Yeah, I don't know.
Jan 19, 2021 7:14 AM

May 2016
And so this went to the 6 scores gonna be hard for fans to pick up even if its get better.
Jan 19, 2021 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
I'm going to keep going I understand why the anime is focused where it is but there could have been a bit more to show between the devolution of Yuni's interest in Volleyball and his sudden about face turn against Hajime. Doesn't need a lot to fix the pacing just an additional episode to cover the brief middle school tournament and the relationship between the two main characters. But the fact it clearly needed to have extra input is a negative towards it.

I'll give it to when it reaches the High school portion to make a final decision on if it's worth continuing. I still have hope and I'm not so quick to jump ship.
Jan 20, 2021 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
May drop. Poor execution on the follow-up to a decent 2st episode. Zero build up to the tournament. Just a lame training montage. No connection with any characters. Where did this team come from? I pretty much stopped about half way through episode. The volleyball action wasn't even that great or exciting.

I'll try rewatching

Again, just poor execution imo
Jan 20, 2021 7:47 AM

Nov 2019
be4 said:
this_shit_again said:

Great that someone noticed that, cause everyone seems kind of angry at Yuni, like Haijima didn't do anything!

Right?

Yuni regretted what he did the next day, he even did a tearful 'I'm not giving up on us' inner monologue at the end..

Chika on the other hand sees himself as the victim who did nothing wrong and blames Yuni..

Basically he hasn't learned anything from his time on his old team or from this..
Jan 20, 2021 1:55 PM

Apr 2018
Really feels like many people would've enjoyed this show more if they weren't under the impression that they're watching a sports anime.
On a similar note, comparing a shounen sports series to a josei drama isn't really doing either show a favour, eh

That being said, there were better ways to pace this prologue - some of the transitions were extremely tonally jarring and none of the emotional beats hit like they should've. Still, I'm sort of looking forward to watching these horrible people being sorta shit at volleyball. Sounds delightfully messy lol
Jan 20, 2021 4:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, the pace was hella fast this time. The dialect kinda had a bit of irritation to my ears, tho. But, i may get used of it, somehow.

Anyway, Chika highly motivated with all of those advantages. His goal rather too high with those countryside environment. However, since he was a brilliant setter, he could easily wipe out all the first-two games. But, everything won't be easily get over. The enemy succeeded to disturbed the match rhythm and clearly annoyed Yuni own play. As the result, its back to the same situations like in Tokyo. Yuni got a depressing matters and couldn't back himself up. He started to talk shit, and abandoned his role easily. In the end, the team decided to forfeit their stands in the game, cause its look like the team lack of players. Even Chika sufferred an injury too. Rip, then. Was that really over? Nah. Its only the beginning!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 20, 2021 6:51 PM
Feb 2018
A sports anime with a team that is not all motivated to win the tournament. This is a more realistic approach to volleyball (no, I'm not bashing HQ) since this is what most vb teams are!

I am really shocked that they all gave up to redeem themselves in the "little tournament" (idk the English term) but, again, logical. Everyone is demotivated to fight for the sake of the team since there is no sense of team spirit. Also, their best player got hurt and the second-best one didn't show up. Of course, they'd give up.

I don't like the sound when they spike the ball. In general, the sound effects are kinda awkward sometimes...

Also, is this middle or high school? Because that sign for the tournament actually said "middle school tournament", so it wasn't a translation mistake from the sub group that I'm watching.
Jan 21, 2021 3:28 AM

Dec 2020
was half asleep watching this but haijima putting his hand on kuroba's lower back woke me right back up.
Jan 22, 2021 5:24 AM

May 2015
it was a little bit fast but yeah
it's getting interesting
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jan 26, 2021 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
These characters are so frustrating and annoying.
Feb 10, 2021 7:28 PM

Jun 2014
Yuni and Chika both have problems, and they'll have to solve them to move forward.

Mar 8, 2021 9:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haijima is skilled but being aggressive and insulting his teammates is not gonna make them better, and they're all depressed about the matches xD
May 9, 2021 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not that suprised by Yuni's dick move to just not show up considering he stated last episode he easily loses interest in things. Hopefully meeting a disappointed Haijima there at the end is gonna change that scuffed aspect of him.

May 31, 2023 6:37 PM

Dec 2022
I was thinking "that was fast" everything leading up to the tournament. But now he'll have to build the trust again, talking shit after just one game was really shitty lol but I'm glad he realized that.
May 4, 1:10 PM
May 2021
Far too fast paced for my liking and i feel almost no emotion to a single character within the show. I am a little interested however in how this seems to only have Volleyball as a backdrop unlike Haikyuu that has Volleyball being the while point of the anime. So far they could be playing any sport and it would be the exact same story wise. Not that that is a bad thing however. I am simply rather interested.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

39 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 27, 5:09 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

39 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 24, 3:13 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

157 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 11, 12:52 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

64 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

43 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.